Too many characters riding the bench!

Prev1
So, I have 57 of the 83 characters available and 21 are 1* - 4*'s sitting at level 1 keeping the bench warm. This is really sad that this many characters are not worth leveling because of the current meta. The only way to use these characters is to drop to the #10001+ ranks. I'm wondering if the new lineup will even be worth buying? I would rather they fix the current lineup instead of releasing more characters. So many great characters just sitting collecting dust.

Replies

• Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Options
    I don't know if it's that they are not worth leveling or if there is just not enough resources to level up 57 characters. With the amount of credits and training droids as it is currently, I have found that I can only focus on 5-10 characters. Once they are complete, then I will work on the others.
  • Options
    There are a lot of good characters... But, as Varlie said there's just no resources to level them up. I need about 100 million credits to level all the characters up to lv 60+ including stars and gear... There will always be several bench warmers in this game unless they unleash a way to get more resources. It does suck, I enjoy playing some of the characters not in the meta, but can't afford to level them up.
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Options
    Varlie wrote: »
    I don't know if it's that they are not worth leveling or if there is just not enough resources to level up 57 characters. With the amount of credits and training droids as it is currently, I have found that I can only focus on 5-10 characters. Once they are complete, then I will work on the others.

yeah, i agree. i level and play a lot of the characters, but must sacrifice the arena becuz a good arena team can never be fielded. i save resources by getting heroes to 4 or 5 stars and work on squad in Galatic War. It works well, so while I have 4 star Ackbar, Nute, Bobba, and Han at level 55, I don't have 7 star Sidious like everyone else. But playing All my heroes is really fun and I like getting everyone involved in Galatic War. I don't focus on 5-10 players like all the guides suggest. But I do focus on the farmable heroes and gear them.
  • Options
    I'm currently rank 51- 100 and only a few character will keep me in that rank because of the what other players are using. I'd love to create a Empire team but, why? It would be a waste of resources plus not being able to farm most to 7*'s. If your not able to level a character to 7*'s as a F2p it's not worth the resources.
  • Options
    Rank #50-100 = 725 Arena Points and 100 Crystals
    Rank 200 to 500 = 600 Arena Points and 60 Crystals

meh. I'll hang out in Rank 400's.
  • Options
    Rank #50-100 = 725 Arena Points and 100 Crystals
    Rank 200 to 500 = 600 Arena Points and 60 Crystals

meh. I'll hang out in Rank 400's.

I only stay there if I can use my daily 5 free battles. I'm not sure if ppl do the math. I don't know about you but I would rather have 100 gems instead of 50 or less. If you spend 100 gems just to stay or to advance to the next rank your in the red. Doesn't really make sense to me that ppl think spending gems on arena is some how helpful at ranks 50 and below.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    I used gems to speed arena rank at the begining (I was f2P then). It was worth it. My server was new, doing it allowed me to stay ahead of the curve. The crystals paid themselves with rank, and once you get in the top 20 you drop less overnight (less people can target you). Then you can use your crystals for refills, level up faster and gear faste.

It's not worth it if your server is already mature, as you will drop again. It is if you are low level and your server is starting. Much better idea than pulling a random chromium pack
  • Options
    Reddplague wrote: »
    So, I have 57 of the 83 characters available and 21 are 1* - 4*'s sitting at level 1 keeping the bench warm. This is really sad that this many characters are not worth leveling because of the current meta. The only way to use these characters is to drop to the #10001+ ranks. I'm wondering if the new lineup will even be worth buying? I would rather they fix the current lineup instead of releasing more characters. So many great characters just sitting collecting dust.

completing 5 galactic wars can give you the credits to level 1 character from 1 to 70. that's 5 days..
  • Options
    Agreed with all those saying these toons are better than we know. In another post JSA had a 7* Snowtrooper that I am slightly envious of. I think a lot of these toons will be much better than we realize, but we'll not know until we dedicate materials to them.
    IGN: Malmsteen's Comet
  • Options
    Crystals aside, cuz what's 60 crystals or 100 gonna do for you, right? two refills a day vs one refill of energy a day?

But with a deep bench and a bunch of 4 or 5 star heroes, you have the ability to finish (or go farther) in Galatic Wars. You get more than 600 Galatic War Points per day and I see Galatic War Shipments as better than Arena Shipments. You also get Credits, a few crystals, and some training droids. And as your topic states, I get to play all my bench players. While many are 7 starring Lumi, my Lumi is 5 stars and does well in Galatic. My Sidious is 6 stars and I don't plan on taking him to 7 (maybe I will, I already got all the others I want).

I think a good bench is a plus. For Galatic War, it's a must. But if you want to climb Arena, that's great. But I just don't want 5 to 7 great heroes and just put all my eggs into their basket. I'd rather have the 3 Ewoks form a squad, the First Order forming a squad, the NS forming a squad, droid squad, a GEONO squad, and a mix-mashes depending on who I get. And no, I don't buy Chromium at all.

I did buy the Dooku, Droid, Mace, and Barris offers.
  • Options
    As you guys said, resources. And time, because most half of the toons are only farmable in DS and LS hard missions, which would take forever to promote a character to 7*.

For f2p and even for slightly p2p players there will be always a lot of toons on bench
  • Options
    But but but but but but, we want new characters....STOP!!! Until everyone has collected every character and geared and starred them to the max then no, Yoda isn't coming.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    But but but but but but, we want new characters....STOP!!! Until everyone has collected every character and geared and starred them to the max then no, Yoda isn't coming.

Your posts always make me lol. You're absolutely right the Devs will never introduce new toons until what you said happens.
  • Options
    Realisticly even if u swipe crystals and have decent rank daily.

By the time u finish getting resources to star and gear 20 toons

I think u would even have to swipe for credits.

20 purples already takes at least 480 energy to farm if u are lucky.

That's a day worth n 2 refills a day.

Not considering other misc parts credits shards required.

Even an easy GW farm will take u about 3 weeks to fully 7* and gear.

A cantina toon from tokens with 2 refresh will take u about a month 2 weeks?

Only a whale can swipe his way to gear star every toon. But without insane refresh costs. It will still take them a sick amount of money to gear n star everyone
  • Amnor
    116 posts Member
    Options
    Why would you want to have all heroes leveled and geared up in a game that is 3 months old?
    What would you do if you have them already builded? Stop playing out of boredoom and lack of goals for the future I guess?
  • Options
    Once you reach lvl70, you can work on new chars

If... they keep cap for a while.

I'm not there yet, but I figure they will keep level a lil' while before bringing it to 80
  • Options
    For me I enjoy collecting the characters and completing Galactic war. I have a core team that i keep at my current level (68 atm). Ranking highly in Arena doesn't bother me really and I usually am just about rank 100 each day. I buy a few chromiums mainly because of activating new characters.
  • SinnerWill
    370 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Honestly, there are too few "best in slot" characters that outperform others of the same "class" that they pretty much demand a slot if you have them developed (promoted, geared).

For instance, Cad Bane is supposed to be a "glass cannon" (well, his health is certainly low enough) with a stun and bonuses against Jedi. Ok, that'd be fine if he could actually dish out damage to rival other glass cannons, but he actually gets out damaged even against Jedi (and his multi-attack isn't broken like Leia or FOTP). So, not only does he do less damage than other characters for that role, his speed is 107 (low), and his health isn't on par. So, why field him anywhere other than the AGI gear challenge, really?

The example above applies to MANY units (the logic), not just Cad, mind you.

Lastly, arena currently boils down to a combination of high speed and high damage, where there are very few units that can compete with with certain kings of this. Sure, you'll see occasional differences in line-up, but so long as FOTP, GS, QGJ, Leia, and Rey are capable of one-hitting (or almost one-hitting) the sturdiest units (highest health, armor, etc.) in addition to first-turn (due to speed) capability, the vast majority of the roster will be bench-warmers.

Lastly, Phasma's leader ability needs a hefty damage penalty attached to it even at high levels. Reason for this: multi-hitting units that get called (Leia, FOTP) dish out too much damage for an innate assist, and self-buffing/de-buffing units via basic attacks (GS offense up, Leia crit chance up, QGJ turn-meter up, Rey's foresight, etc...).

Basically, I think Phasma's leader ability should either permit full damage to be dealt without penalty (at level 7) if bonus affects (self-buffs or enemy debuffs) are disable during it, OR needs a hefty damage decrease (even at level 7), but continues to permit bonus affects attached to basics. Personally, I'm in favor of the second option as it would maintain strategic tact, and would help balance the current meta.
    Post edited by SinnerWill on
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Crystals aside, cuz what's 60 crystals or 100 gonna do for you, right? two refills a day vs one refill of energy a day?

But with a deep bench and a bunch of 4 or 5 star heroes, you have the ability to finish (or go farther) in Galatic Wars. You get more than 600 Galatic War Points per day and I see Galatic War Shipments as better than Arena Shipments. You also get Credits, a few crystals, and some training droids. And as your topic states, I get to play all my bench players. While many are 7 starring Lumi, my Lumi is 5 stars and does well in Galatic. My Sidious is 6 stars and I don't plan on taking him to 7 (maybe I will, I already got all the others I want).

I think a good bench is a plus. For Galatic War, it's a must. But if you want to climb Arena, that's great. But I just don't want 5 to 7 great heroes and just put all my eggs into their basket. I'd rather have the 3 Ewoks form a squad, the First Order forming a squad, the NS forming a squad, droid squad, a GEONO squad, and a mix-mashes depending on who I get. And no, I don't buy Chromium at all.

I did buy the Dooku, Droid, Mace, and Barris offers.

That's fine. I bought droids and barris and some crystals. I paid crystals to raise my rsnk in arena, doing 10 battles per day. I'm top 5 in arena the days I can play before 6pm, top 10 or 20 the data I don't, so I get between 200 and 400 crystals per day. Which is a huge difference from 60. I don't have any 7*, but I have several 6*, some 5*, and a good bunch of 4-3*. I kill GW daily, don't lose chars or need to abuse retreat for RNG.

So, while I can totally understand that you preffer to play some other style, that's a long stretch from "paying crystals to raise your Arena rank isn't worth it". It pays off, if it allows you to sepoarate from the pack and get ahead of curve.
  • Options
    Amnor wrote: »
    Why would you want to have all heroes leveled and geared up in a game that is 3 months old?
    What would you do if you have them already builded? Stop playing out of boredoom and lack of goals for the future I guess?

I would like to try different teams but most of the current groups aren't any good in arena. Maybe if they create some new type of arena where the other groups would be useful.
  • Options
    I'd also like to have all the characters the game has to offer but the reality is that even if you only play for fun, the cantina shipment characters take much much longer to get meaning you may have to eventually use refreshes(first one is 100 crystals 2nd is 200 crystals).

I'm all for playing for fun, but its a looooong road ahead if you play at the turtles pace.
  • Options
    83 characters? Sure?
  • Reddplague
    766 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Coxxi wrote: »
    83 characters? Sure?

Are you ask if there is 83 characters or are you questioning if I have 83 characters? I say in my post I have 57 characters not 83. Maybe I miscounted but here is what I don't have.

627aa47c01388ffebf7f34a75f839caa.jpg

d373ba00c0c8dd4a823c8fba7829aac5.jpg
  • Options
    There are only 71 characters ingame at the moment ;-)
  • Options
    Let's see, haven't promoted 88 to 7 stars, 86 to 6 stars, haven't activated Cad Bane. Only the top row is max levelled. Bottom at lvl 1, mid rows anywhere from 30 to 55.

Lots of toons I'd really like to level up and use.

The reason: not the meta, lack of credits. When I was below 60,it was the lack of droids.
  • StarSon
    7464 posts Member
    Options
    I don't think meta is the problem, but resources. You cannot feasibly level more than a handful of characters at a time. Some guy said 5 successful runs is enough credits to get a character from 1-70, so you can do one per week, assuming you also get the droids needed.

I have switched focus a few times, such that I have a deep-ish bench for GW, and I also compete in Arena (top 100, anyway) because I need the crystals to do my cantina refresh and 3 regular refreshes (I buy the crystal subscription). GW and Arena are still sometimes difficult, but that's fine. I worry more about being able to complete missions to farm gear, which has become much easier since I unlocked, geared and leveled Daka.

Either way, there are thousands of people playing, there will undoubtedly be at least hundreds of different play styles. Though I often think it is too resource intensive to upgrade a toon, think of what the game would be like if it were easy to level up all 53 of those characters. It would get real boring real fast.
  • Options
    Lack of resources could be a factor but I believe it's not the main reason. A lot of these characters just don't dish out much dmg and their abilities aren't so great either(one that comes to mind that is mentioned a lot is Mace Windu). Even if we had resources available most will save for better options and starring their stronger toons.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    I have a lot of toons I want to upgrade and I can't yet because of resources
  • Options
    Money can buy happiness, lol. I've already invested in other characters that I wish I hadn't. So, for me it's more about not wasting and regret. I would rather invest in a sure thing, lol.
  • Options
    Use them for suicide squad in GW. Level them up a little. It only takes a few 1 to 2 star training droids to get them up to level 10 or even 20 pretty quickly.