iOS users

My 40 year old eyes don't like the amount of time I spend looking at a small phone playing this game. I'm not tech savvy, but I know with games there are limitations on what devices/operating systems can run them. I want to buy a used iPad just to play the game on, I feel it will be worth the couple hundred bucks. Any iPad users out there recommend a certain one or more importantly know some that definitely won't support the game. I'm gonna try to go as cheap as I can.

Replies

• Options
    IPad pro is beautiful and has great sound.
  • Options
    the app in the store describes whats support. anything older than an ipad 3 is gonna be slow
  • Options
    There is an iPad mini 2 for sale a few miles from me for a couple hundred. I know it's only a couple inches bigger than my iPhone 6, but I think it will make a difference. I know it's a newer model than the iPad 3.
  • Options
    Or just buy an iPhone 7+
  • Options
    iPad Air 1 refurbished is just over $200, runs the game great, looks great and is portable. Recommend that or better!
    Humans Are Such Easy Prey
  • Options
    i'd go with the iphone 7+. i've had my iphone 6 plus for a while now and i have no need or desire for an ipad. in fact i sold my ipad after i got the plus phone.
  • snarzenal
    316 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I have an iPad 2 and it is unable to run the game. Get something newer and you should be fine.
  • Options
    For the same price as a 7* nihilus you can get a new iphone 7+ :)
  • Options
    I vote DN until your iPhone can also drain someone's force
  • Options
    My iPad Air (2?) is a couple years old and it runs the game beautifully.
  • Options
    iPad mini 2+
  • Options
    Apple sells factory refurb right on their website. I've had good luck with them.

http://www.apple.com/shop/browse/home/specialdeals/ipad
  • Options
    Apple sells factory refurb right on their website. I've had good luck with them.

http://www.apple.com/shop/browse/home/specialdeals/ipad

Thanks for that link. That's probably the way I'll go. Free shipping/returns beats trusting a stranger that it works fine.
  • Options
    My 40 year old eyes don't like the amount of time I spend looking at a small phone playing this game. I'm not tech savvy, but I know with games there are limitations on what devices/operating systems can run them. I want to buy a used iPad just to play the game on, I feel it will be worth the couple hundred bucks. Any iPad users out there recommend a certain one or more importantly know some that definitely won't support the game. I'm gonna try to go as cheap as I can.

@Billcarson66

I started playing this game in December of 2015 on ipad2. While I may experience slower loading screens I do crash occasionally if I don't reset the app before entering battle. For ships I crash constantly anytime I go into ship battles. Recently I purchased an iphone6 and I play ships on that instead.

I can't say how other iPads would run this game but if I were you I'd go with the latest ones if possible. There are games coming out nowadays that require iPad 3 or later only for a more stable game experience. Sadly that is the future of mobile gaming..and that will continue as new technology and new games come out.

If you really enjoy this game and plan to play for a longtime then it may be worth your while to go with the latest iPads. That way you won't have problems as new content and game updates are released. I know for sure DO NOT go with anything lower than iPad2. Like I said that's what I use and it isn't as stable as it should be. Lag then crashing is what you will experience if you go with ipad2..and I have 4 of them. Lag and crash every last one of them. It's almost better to play on my daughters phone. I can literally play all 5 ship battles, all 5 arena battles and play through all 12 Galatic war nodes in a single sitting without logging off, lagging or crashing.

Happy gaming:) and best of luck with whatever ipad you choose to buy.