sith are everywhere!!

Prev134
The sith are everywhere in our arena

i like jedi so i want to play jedi. because of it's star-wars game!

but jedi looks most inferior grup in this game.

why jedi should run away from sith?

May the force be with jedi please.

Replies

• Lion
    51 posts Member
    Options
    The only issue for my Jedi/Rebels arena team is Sith Trooper which is just as fat as elephant and QGJ missing to debuff the taunt all the time. Not sure why. Other Sith teams are beatable (hard, but really possible)
  • DannyB
    69 posts Member
    Options
    I go for nilihus led sith without taunters, they are relatively easy to beat, particularly if you throw EP in with your light side squad, shocking ;P I avoid the mauls and EP leads, thankfully I'm on a newer shard so few Zaders, but the darkside (Empire/Sith) certainly have the upper hand ATM.
  • War
    932 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Jedi are hardly the most inferior. They're actually not that bad when you look at the other factions. They're easily one of the top metas. Really thinking about it they might be second best meta. The only other contenders are Empire and Rebels.

If you discount these Empire/Sith Zader hybrids as Empire and call them what they are Sith meta, then you can put Jedi above Empire. Then it turns into a game of trump cards. Empire trumps Rebels, Jedi trump Empire, and Rebels probably trump Jedi.

It's all the other factions that are inferior, they don't even get to play trump cards with these four factions.
  • Sao
    47 posts Member
    Options

LunaticSK wrote: »

but jedi looks most inferior grup in this game

Try Nigthsisters then....
  • Zolaz
    392 posts Member
    Options
    yep ... General Kenobi is really inferior. Same with Zeta Qui-Gon Jin and GM Yoda. Throw in a Jedi Knight Ani and Ahsoka Tano to round out all of those inferior Jedi. :D
  • Options
    Fast jedi teams with right combination of characters, mods and zetas are viable and can compete with zader teams and zaul teams as well. On our shard is one guy, who has full jedi team and stays permanently in top 10 (old shard nov2015). His team: zQGJ, GK, zYoda, JKA, Aayla. Its much rng dependent to defeat him with my sith team zMaul, SiT, DN, zSid, EP.
  • Options
    wow....

please forget 'inferior', i'v gone to far
    i'm just lv57 and in my beginners arena shard nihilus_leader teams are more than half.
    many skills of sith have double chance to jedi
    but as u guys said, i can make it if i got zQGJ
    my hope is too faraway anyway

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Patience, young padawan. The jedi will rise once again. Currently you should focus on completing your training (reaching level 85).
  • scuba
    14066 posts Member
    Options
    Lion wrote: »
    The only issue for my Jedi/Rebels arena team is Sith Trooper which is just as fat as elephant and QGJ missing to debuff the taunt all the time. Not sure why. Other Sith teams are beatable (hard, but really possible)

That would be the 20% evasion from zeta Maul lead.
  • Keldo
    364 posts Member
    Options
    Embrace the dark side
  • spotremix
    1566 posts Member
    Options
    i'm in my element with the sith. i have always been on the darkside team.

it's hard for me to say whether jedi need a boost or not as i mainly use my sith. i am still working on my jedi so i can hopefully start completing tier 9 battles but i don't use them otherwise.

my jedi aren't maxed out yet either so i don't know there true potential or lack of yet.
  • Options
    Sith are popping up all over the place. Heck I'm even running Sith now. But let's be honest..This game has been out for like a year and a half now and this is the first time they have had their time to shine. I'm glad to see a new era of toons have a moment in the spotlight. Whether you're "for or "against" Sith one thing is for certain...no meta lasts longer than 6 months on this game. If you don't like Sith don't worry, work on other toons for now cause they might be the next meta. And if you're like me and are enjoying the rise of the Sith..enjoy it while it lasts cause it won't be around for long.
  • Options
    zJinn teams with GK, Yoda and zBarris can beat zDM squads pretty easily attacking. We have a squad like that on the LB with JKA as well and it can get to #1 quite reliably on a Sith-heavy Nov '15 leaderboard. Doesn't fall too far outside the top 20 really. Very impressive considering this Sith-meta would seem to be the worst case scenario for a Jedi comp to succeed. Shows how strong they are. Despite all the comments that Jedi need buffs and are bad, they're definitely among the elite meta teams....especially if you restricted everyone to their factions and didn't mix Chaze with every comp or throw in Boba / Kylo, etc.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    Seems I'm lucky since the variety is huge in my shard. Rex lead, zVader, zMaul, Rbels, Droids, Palpatine, one zQGJ (almost 2 with me).

It's quite fun to play this shard even if this variety is mainly in the top 30 and after I see more usual Wigglo teams.
  • Options
    Oh this is how we felt for a full year (last year) untill now .

Teams were just biggs/wedge with rey dominating the arena.

Get a break kid,sith are back and they aren't going away anytime soon.
  • Options
    It is the new "meta" even tho a "meta" with no weaknesses is a broken meta, a poorly designed system
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    you have to make a choice, chase the meta or play with inferior characters that you actually enjoy playing with.
    I'm a sucka for the meta, but i run a few pet projects on the side for siths and giggles.
    Save water, drink champagne!
    518 posts Member
    Options
    Let the hate flow through you !!

Seriously, I was running a Jedi team until now, and I think they are not "underrated", there're just no competitive anymore : not that much debuff on their side, no faction stronger against like sith are stronger against jedi, etc...

I'm actually running a clone squad, there're not very powerful, but no one have an overpower on them, which is why there're better than Jedi if you're not 85 yet and have no Zeta. Plus, it's funny to play, it hit hard and it's fast because of TM gain, speed down, stun and assists.

Jedi will be good when they'll be reworked, until then, they can be good when you spend a lot on mods, when they get zetaed and when you got GK at least.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    It is the new "meta" even tho a "meta" with no weaknesses is a broken meta, a poorly designed system

Sith teams have weaknesses and can be beat - even by Jedi teams. I'm on a November 2015 shard. Here's the top 4:

RO0UcZ9.png

Also in the rest of the top 10, there is another GK lead Jedi team, a zVader lead team and Boba lead team - so that's 4 other lead's other than zMaul in the top 10. And that's not even the team the OP is asking about (Nihilus lead). It's not a "broken" meta or a poorly designed system. It's more diverse now than at many points in the game's history.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • spotremix
    1566 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    you have to make a choice, chase the meta or play with inferior characters that you actually enjoy playing with.
    I'm a sucka for the meta, but i run a few pet projects on the side for siths and giggles.

i think you are incorrect in suggesting characters you truly enjoy are inferior.

from day one i have played the sith. yes i realize right now they happen to be the meta but they have never been totally inferior. and i will be playing with the sith far after they have left the meta.

i think it also depends on whether you let the game dictate what is "good". for me the rank i am at is good for me. so i would disagree my characters are inferior because how could i get to a good rank with inferior characters.

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    spotremix wrote: »

i think you are incorrect in suggesting characters you truly enjoy are inferior.

from day one i have played the sith. yes i realize right now they happen to be the meta but they have never been totally inferior. and i will be playing with the sith far after they have left the meta.

i think it also depends on whether you let the game dictate what is "good". for me the rank i am at is good for me. so i would disagree my characters are inferior because how could i get to a good rank with inferior characters.

maybe inferior was a poor choice of words, i'm not a native speaker. "not as good as the meta characters" better?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

maybe inferior was a poor choice of words, i'm not a native speaker. "not as good as the meta characters" better?

Lol - it means the same thing. You're fine Leef.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Options
    Yeah Jedi are pretty terrible as you are leveling. I rose in ranks very quickly because many many many early Jedi Teams are all healers & tanks with GOD AWFUL damage output.

Wow Lumi Bariss JC Mace & Old Ben. Thanks for the easy win boss!
  • Options
    Someone said 20% evasion buff from zaul lead.

20% really? I know the tooltip says that, but horse dung! I hit less than 50% of the time at BEST against this rubbish flavour of the month.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Shaunyvee wrote: »
    Someone said 20% evasion buff from zaul lead.

20% really? I know the tooltip says that, but horse dung! I hit less than 50% of the time at BEST against this rubbish flavour of the month.

giphy.gif

Oh good....more anecdotal "proof". Google "confirmation bias" please. Track actual data. After doing both, please post results.

• spotremix
    1566 posts Member
    Options

i'll accept that because not as good as the meta characters could mean they are better ;)
  • Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    Options
    They are everywhere now.
    Good thing I know that I was the OG Sith Lord on my shard. Was running them for 2 months before everybody else. I like to think my shard just copied me. Hey you have zooku; I'll get zooku. Hey you have Zavage; I'll get Zavage.
    If you can't figure out how to beat it; just copy it
  • Trixx
    16 posts Member
    Options
    I think Zqgj makes Jedi very viable. I have a subpar team of g10 g8 Jedi with no AS or zeta yet. I do well against empire SIth in my bracket . Rebels are tough but that comes easier with zeta qgj .
  • Whazn
    262 posts Member
    Options
    I'd say it's more like a 33% dodge. Every time I use a Biggs special usually go 2/3. Occasionally I've gone 1/3 3/3 and 0/3 but the most common is 2/3 by far.

Qgj on the other hand misses quite a bit on his own. I notice this on rancor, jedi mod challenge, and yoda event. So that may be why you feel like 50% misses on maul with qgj.

• Options
    I think Sith are common because they are rather easy to farm and use atm especially if you are p2p. EP from event, Vader because he's been around forever and most people had him almost to 7* before Fleet shipments, Maul because guild store inclusion and fleet shipments, Nihilius even at 4* is excellent, and dooku most people collected from old meta. The good jedi toons on the other hand are not as easily accessible. GK being one of the trump cards to a successful jedi team I believe is rather difficult to obtain. ZQGJ with Alyla, Anakin, GK, and Yoda I believe could definitely stand their ground against any Sith team, just people don't want to invest so much time into them when it's easier just to use Sith.