sith are everywhere!!

Replies

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Ig88isboss wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    True, I think they could've toned down his leader ability a bit though.

I guess but it is a zeta, no going back, no further to go.... (I don't think they will rework him again)

Yep. I just feel like with the zader meta we saw a lot more diversity. Now it's just all zaul.

Just looked in my top 20. 12 non-Zaul leads. 8/20 isn't quite "all"
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Ig88isboss
    1752 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

I guess but it is a zeta, no going back, no further to go.... (I don't think they will rework him again)

Yep. I just feel like with the zader meta we saw a lot more diversity. Now it's just all zaul.

Youre shard doesnt apply to everyone and neither does mine. But my shard it's 40+ of top 50 zaul.

Couple weeks back we had tons of zader, fo, resistance, zqgj and droids. The fo team is still there but he drops to 40ish daily. I guess that was just the transition period to zaul meta.
  • Options
    Hi my friend :)
    JasFonz wrote: »
    Take a seat or get out? I prefer to beat them with 99% win rate instead. Like i did with the Wiggs meta too. You can follow the meta but I prefer to counter it because it is more fun.

I know cause I see you at 1 everyday

• Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    Options
    Blame all the players for copying instead of finding a counter..
  • ripthestage
    153 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    3? Collect Rex from fleet shop. Oh you want the zetas instead. It's a choice. Chirrut could be obtained from tournament and a 4-5* is more than arena viable. Baze can be collected from shipments, it's up to you whether you spend your crystals on gear or on his shards. GK is free from hAAT and all we got a free DN. Again, it's a choice. I know free to play people with this squad.
    And to be honest I really don't understand this pay wall thing. Only all star mods are hard to manage if you are free to play but if I want to be honest, no one told you you should be rank 1-10 in your arena for free. However we have 100% free to play guys and they are there. Still. So yeah this is cure. Also Boba and Kylo are great on offense against Sith. Think, act, win. That's the cure
    Here is the cure.

https://youtu.be/jNh5fj51ZFs

https://youtu.be/yX7Q-1TxeFg
    Zaul is cancer to the arena and there isn't a cure. Just gotta accept that.

3 paywall characters? Not a cure but ok.

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

Youre shard doesnt apply to everyone and neither does mine. But my shard it's 40+ of top 50 zaul.

Couple weeks back we had tons of zader, fo, resistance, zqgj and droids. The fo team is still there but he drops to 40ish daily. I guess that was just the transition period to zaul meta.

there must be alot of players in your top50 if there were tons of zader, fo, resistance zqgj and droid teams in there.
    All kidding aside, according to the swgoh.gg meta report less than half of the top1, top10 and top100 players use zmaul as their leader. It's probably the most reliable source of information we have at our disposal.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Ig88isboss
    1752 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    leef wrote: »

there must be alot of players in your top50 if there were tons of zader, fo, resistance zqgj and droid teams in there.
    All kidding aside, according to the swgoh.gg meta report less than half of the top1, top10 and top100 players use zmaul as their leader. It's probably the most reliable source of information we have at our disposal.

The tons part only applied to zader...

43% of number one players use zaul. That's an absurd number considering the amount of playable characters with leader abilities there are.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options

I find 40 out of the top 50 a little hard to believe. I mean sure theres probably a lot, but theres only 17 Zaul teams in my top 50 and I'm on a early december 2015 shard. Theres plenty of other teams in there. zQGJ (only like 4 now, there were more). A couple of Zaders (Used to be around 20 of these), 1 Zhasma + Zylo and 1 Zhasma + zFOST, a fair amount of Rex leads, a fair amount of Boba (L) + Zylo + a cleanser (usually GK), one or two GK leads, a full R1 team (Zeta'd Jyn), the one token Zooku (L) + Zoba + Zylo (This guy just likes to regain protection I guess lol), a couple of Nihilus leads (Zetad), a Finn (zeta) lead, and then one EP lead (48th) and one HK lead (His JE is still the second fastest character in the shard behind only one of the Sith Assassins under Zaul, but he's at 42nd), and then some Wedge leads down in the 40s as well, but they aren't running full Rebel teams anymore and just don't seem to have Zetas yet.
  • Options
    3? Collect Rex from fleet shop. Oh you want the zetas instead. It's a choice. Chirrut could be obtained from tournament and a 4-5* is more than arena viable. Baze can be collected from shipments, it's up to you whether you spend your crystals on gear or on his shards. GK is free from hAAT and all we got a free DN. Again, it's a choice. I know free to play people with this squad.
    And to be honest I really don't understand this pay wall thing. Only all star mods are hard to manage if you are free to play but if I want to be honest, no one told you you should be rank 1-10 in your arena for free. However we have 100% free to play guys and they are there. Still. So yeah this is cure. Also Boba and Kylo are great on offense against Sith. Think, act, win. That's the cure
    Here is the cure.

Are you really saying chaze aren't paywall characters? :lol:
  • ripthestage
    153 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I got my Chirrut from Tournament for free. All I did was saving enough AP and skipped the tournament before. Guess what, I advised this to all my guild mates. Pass every other tournament and build huge amount of AP for every other one. It helped me a lot because all the competition used 300-400k and I used 700-800k. Guess what, I was always around the top because I passed every other tournaments. And yes I'm saying you don't need to spend all the crystals on energy, it is a choice. I'm not talking about 7* ones but 3-5* does the job. They are chromiumns anyway currently, wgich means they can be farmable within weeks as EA/CG said. If you think about them as paywall ones, then OK. Collect them later. Zauls bought a month advantage then. Because you can collect the gear in the meantime and you can be ready by the release, like most of us could get GK to g10-11 on the day we unlocked because we precrafted and collected all the gears. I know it can be painful but it is what it is. I would not expect evrything for free in an IAP game.
    Here is the cure.

• Ig88isboss
    1752 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Vertigo wrote: »

I find 40 out of the top 50 a little hard to believe. I mean sure theres probably a lot, but theres only 17 Zaul teams in my top 50 and I'm on a early december 2015 shard. Theres plenty of other teams in there. zQGJ (only like 4 now, there were more). A couple of Zaders (Used to be around 20 of these), 1 Zhasma + Zylo and 1 Zhasma + zFOST, a fair amount of Rex leads, a fair amount of Boba (L) + Zylo + a cleanser (usually GK), one or two GK leads, a full R1 team (Zeta'd Jyn), the one token Zooku (L) + Zoba + Zylo (This guy just likes to regain protection I guess lol), a couple of Nihilus leads (Zetad), a Finn (zeta) lead, and then one EP lead (48th) and one HK lead (His JE is still the second fastest character in the shard behind only one of the Sith Assassins under Zaul, but he's at 42nd), and then some Wedge leads down in the 40s as well, but they aren't running full Rebel teams anymore and just don't seem to have Zetas yet.

Yep you're right I counted there's only 31. But it seems like everyday everyone is switching zaul lead. Everyone seem to be making the switch .
    I got my Chirrut from Tournament for free. All I did was saving enough AP and skipped the tournament before. Guess what, I advised this to all my guild mates. Pass every other tournament and build huge amount of AP for every other one. It helped me a lot because all the competition used 300-400k and I used 700-800k. Guess what, I was always around the top because I passed every other tournaments. And yes I'm saying you don't need to spend all the crystals on energy, it is a choice. I'm not talking about 7* ones but 3-5* does the job.
    Here is the cure.

I had a thing called 'real life' that day. And if your f2p saving up crystals for Chaze it's gonna take months. They are paywall characters there's no argument here.
  • War
    932 posts Member
    Options
    Here is the cure.

Depends on people's definition of paywall. A handful of people were able to get Chaze for free, and most people do indeed have Darth Nihilus. A lot of people don't see characters they aren't able to farm as free however.

I'm having to buy additional DT shards through shipments, which I calculated as going to be almost 2K crystals to next star level. To me that's a paywall, others not so much.
  • Options
    Are zetas and GK considered "paywall" at this point still? Rex leader with GK (multi cleanse) does very well vs. Sith.

Also, zJinn comps with GK and zBarriss are also great vs. Sith. Don't need Chirrut / Baze. Even if GK is 5*. At some point he has to be considered a non-paywall / non-whale toon. Idk if everyone would agree we are at that point yet though.....
  • Ultra
    11592 posts Moderator
    Options
    leef wrote: »

The tons part only applied to zader...

43% of number one players use zaul. That's an absurd number considering the amount of playable characters with leader abilities there are.
    It's the flavor of the month

I don't see zMaul lasting much personally and might fade out by may

It's tough to face them but they're trending right now because word of mouth and 3 new siths that were dropped last month
  • Options
    In our guild all the originals have 6* GK and most of them get him to 7* by next week. Free to play guys too. Totally agree with you. I just showed a team I use cause I have them but as I mentioned and I'm glad you did it too, they are not must. And don't forget about Boba and Kylo. They are great too.
    Are zetas and GK considered "paywall" at this point still? Rex leader with GK (multi cleanse) does very well vs. Sith.

Also, zJinn comps with GK and zBarriss are also great vs. Sith. Don't need Chirrut / Baze. Even if GK is 5*. At some point he has to be considered a non-paywall / non-whale toon. Idk if everyone would agree we are at that point yet though.....

• Options
    In our guild all the originals have 6* GK and most of them get him to 7* by next week. Free to play guys too. Totally agree with you. I just showed a team I use cause I have them but as I mentioned and I'm glad you did it too, they are not must. And don't forget about Boba and Kylo. They are great too.

• Options

Show me a video of you beating a good zaul team without chaze and I'll be impressed.
  • ripthestage
    153 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I don't want to impress you and you can have a good Zaul team which can beat other good Zaul teams for free. Zaul, EP, DN, SA, Trooper. All free and you do not need them at 7* to do that. As far as i remember this thread is about Sith everywhere. I wanted to show you do not need to follow it. I don't feel bad cause you don't have the toons to do it.

Show me a video of you beating a good zaul team without chaze and I'll be impressed.

• Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options

My Zaul team can beat good Zaul teams without Chaze.

Boba (L), EP, Zylo, TFP, DT in third on my shard rn. He can beat good Zaul teams w/o Chaze. (He just got his DT from 3* to 4* yesterday through shipments) Thats a pretty f2p team that can beat the Zaul teams w/o Chaze, and his TFP is slower than most of the Zaul teams. He can also beat the triple cleanse "zaul meta counter" team with relative ease.
  • Options
    Vertigo wrote: »

Cures can be expensive... You ever looked at a hospital bill?
    ****, everyone knows there is no money in a cure.
  • Options
    I liked the discussion title when I clicked on it, after reading the posts I'm chuffed to bits. I've been away for 4 months and haven't played the game, but got Darth Nahilius which was good. The main reason I started playing this game was to ultimately have a competitive all Sith/Empire Arena team and seems I've come back to SWGOH at the right time.
    "UNLIMITED POWER!!!!!!!!!!!" ... *Mace flies out the window and into oblivion*
  • Options
    JoseIrimia wrote: »
    Two things here:
    1. In my personal opinion, the complain is not about being sith, or other faction. The problem is that after the release of new toons (or reworks of old ones), a certain team becomes META miles away from other teams. Devs should care more about balance and have a real stone-scissors-paper scenario. (Disclaimer, I have beaten zaul teams with other set up, but when reaching teams with godly mods, other teams with similar class mods, mainly speed, cannot make it)

IMO this is right on point, and from what I can see a huge problem. Rebels have been considered overpowered for a while before the recent toons and updates, and the solution to overpowered characters is not to create more overpowered characters or abilities... The characters IMO need to be balanced, the compensation for really strong characters shouldn't be other really strong characters, its just stupid.

• Options
    JoseIrimia wrote: »
    Two things here:
    1. In my personal opinion, the complain is not about being sith, or other faction. The problem is that after the release of new toons (or reworks of old ones), a certain team becomes META miles away from other teams. Devs should care more about balance and have a real stone-scissors-paper scenario. (Disclaimer, I have beaten zaul teams with other set up, but when reaching teams with godly mods, other teams with similar class mods, mainly speed, cannot make it)
    2. Dodge. The most dumb mechanic in a strategy/upgrade game such this one.

i do agree about balance. this speed dominates all is not a competitive scenario and requires no stragedy whatsoever.
  • Options
    Confirmation bias?

Ever done a GW with a lumi lead on opposition.

Ever thought, hmm that's a lot of consecutive dodges??

It's no different with zaul teams when they're controlled by the AI.

Get off your high 'confirmation bias' horse and admit that the AI gets a ridiculous boost to % chances to evade.

Confirmation bias is fair enough with drop rates on gear, but not with AI boosts - it's a legitimate cheat by the AI.

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Shaunyvee wrote: »
    Confirmation bias?

Get off your high 'confirmation bias' horse and admit that the AI gets a ridiculous boost to % chances to evade.

Confirmation bias is fair enough with drop rates on gear, but not with AI boosts - it's a legitimate cheat by the AI.

The developers have stated time and again that the AI doesn't get any "boost".

And you do realize that in arena the same AI plays for your team, right?

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Shaunyvee wrote: »
    Confirmation bias?

Believe what you want; it's a free country. Everyone is entitled to believe in their 'personal' truths. To heck with reality, it's so boring anyway.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • Options
    Got a link to where devs have stated that?

More than happy to shut up in that case.
  • Options
    Let's not be star wars stereotypes k? Calm down
  • War
    932 posts Member
    Options
    Mrjenkins wrote: »

Star Wars stereotypes? How does that work? Only thing coming to mind is people assuming Star Wars lovers are geeks, and well they're not wrong, lol.
  • Options
    War wrote: »
    Mrjenkins wrote: »

Star Wars stereotypes? How does that work? Only thing coming to mind is people assuming Star Wars lovers are geeks, and well they're not wrong, lol.

I dunno. I started reading and pictured conin o Brian speaking in his nerd voice..