Let's discuss: Squads to beat zMaul lead

Prev134
StormTro0p3R_H
1643 posts Member
edited March 2017
First thing: if you can beat zMaul but their Palpatine isn't 220+ speed I'm not interested. It would be better still if you also faced a Nihilus with 210+ speed and Chaze.

I'm fairly certain there are not too many types of teams that can beat this. I'm not interested in Sith, and I'm never going to be. If I were, I know I can farm Maul and have such a team myself. What I am interested in is the current health of the game.

If there exists only two or three types of teams to beat zMaul teams, then there are only three or four different types of teams one can chose from to be top of the arena.

I hope you all understand the pitfalls of regurgitating the meta report from swgoh.gg: there is no way to tell if the teams that finish #1 actually had to beat zMaul to do it.

Anyway, I'm eager to find out what works against this team specifically. I know zVader tanky teams can do it, what else?

Disclaimer: let's assume equal mods, as in you have enough to get a guy +100 speed, two with +90 speed, others are +60 speed.

Teams that can beat zMaul:
zMaul
zVader
zNihilus
Rex
zQGJ w/Kenobi
Rogue One rebels
Boba Wiggs Chaze
First Order

So....more Sith, a complete chromium team (it is awesome, though), teams with Chaze (partial chromium), General Kenobi, and Rex....but Rex leading Sith or Chaze or both so almost pointless to list him as a different type.

Types of teams that can beat zMaul:
Sith
Chaze (full Rogue One, Rex led, Boba led)
Jedi (but only with General Kenobi or mod advantage)
First Order
Post edited by StormTro0p3R_H on

Replies

• Options
    How about the only team that could beat a WiggDo team during that meta? This meta is much better than the others of the past, by far.
    Humans Are Such Easy Prey
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    rex lead, shore, boba, palp and kylo (used to be TFP) works pretty well vs zMaul teams. I'm slower than most of my arena opponents, most certainly slower with the +20% TM boost.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • StormTro0p3R_H
    1643 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    How about the only team that could beat a WiggDo team during that meta? This meta is much better than the others of the past, by far.

I didn't play Wiggs and enjoyed that meta far more. A Biggs starts with 150 speed with Wedge around. A lot of options to outspeed that. And if we're playing the equal mod game, there are plenty of options to get your whole team going before Biggs.

But that has nothing to do with my question. What team do you use to beat zMaul?
  • TronTheKhan
    650 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    What options back in the WiggDo meta was there to outspeed Wiggs?
    And are you talking without mods? Lead abilities?
  • Options
    Zaul counter below = wins every time on Offense, and holds very well on Defense.

In fact, the top 10 of my leaderboard is dominated by Rex, while above 10-100 is dominated by Zaul.

IMG_1054.png
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • TronTheKhan
    650 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    A lot of people ran, Lando L, STHan, Wiggs and another rebel.
    What was aster than that during that meta? There really wasn't anything to counter it. Unlike now where there is at least 4 teams(by your count) where to me almost any team can beat any team. There are still a couple teams in my shards top 20 that run Wiggs.
  • Options

STH under Ackbar starts at 151 speed. Biggs, 150. Poe starts at 150. Rey starts at 164...be creative.

What do you beat zMaul with?
  • Whazn
    262 posts Member
    Options
    Rex lead, zariss, chaze, boba seems like a decent counter. The rex tm gain from all the crits fills your tm 5x 20% on the initial aoe assault. Zariss heals and tm gain on crits as well. Chirrut places his heals on him and baze every Crit. Rex tenacity up = no daze or shock. Boba to ability block nihilus/execute their chaze.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    R1 rebels with accuracy mods. My team never moves 1st.
  • TronTheKhan
    650 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

STH under Ackbar starts at 151 speed. Biggs, 150. Poe starts at 150. Rey starts at 164...be creative.

Also countering Wiggs with Wiggs is exactly my point. What besides Wiggs is faster than Wiggs(during that meta)???

I run Zaul, but the teams that beat it are:
    1. Zader
    2. Rex
    3. QGJz with GK and Yoda BMz
    4. NihilusZ
    5. Boba Fett L, with Wiggs and Chaze
    6. Rogue One Team

So there is plenty out there. This meta is FAR better than the WiggDo meta.
  • Options
    https://swgoh.gg/u/mozza/
    100% win rate on offence. Don't fall out of the top 10 (normally hold in the top 5) on defence.
  • Options
    where to me almost any team can beat any team..
    That's a good thing. And that's called balance if that's the case.
  • Options
    Zaul is kinda easy to build, fun, strong, fast and the most popular right now.
  • Options
    This meta is FAR better than the WiggDo meta.
    Agreed, far more diversity.
  • Options
  • Options
    I would think a Plo Koon lead would do some good against Maul.
  • Rakim
    267 posts Member
    Options
    I can beat it with zNihilus, Dooku, zSavage, B2 and Shore, on offense at least. I probably lose on defense against them. Probably like an 80% win rate. (Sometimes I get **** poor rng and they dodge everything I throw at them.)
  • Options

What is fun about using the same exact team as everyone else :neutral:
  • Options

Also countering Wiggs with Wiggs is exactly my point. What besides Wiggs is faster than Wiggs(during that meta)???

1. Zader
    2. Rex
    4. NihilusZ
    6. Rogue One Team

Haha zaul can easily beat all those teams and hold rank far better. Reaching here now.
  • Options
    Ig88isboss wrote: »

What is fun about using the same exact team as everyone else :neutral:

I was explaining why it was so popular. Never told anyone to build it.

1. Zader
    2. Rex
    4. NihilusZ
    6. Rogue One Team

Haha zaul can easily beat all those teams and hold rank far better. Reaching here now.

I also never said it couldn't beat these teams. Just telling OP the teams that can consistently beat Zaul. Got anything else @Ig88isboss???

• Barhebraeus
    620 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I'm able to do quite well (top 5) in a zMaul- and zVader-infested March 2016 shard with Rex lead, zeta Nihilus, St Han, Boba, and EP ... all well-moded and maxed out in every way except that Nihilus is at 4*
  • Options

1. Zader
    2. Rex
    4. NihilusZ

Thanks for the list. How does that Fett team beat it? Is the Nihilus with zDooku?
  • Options
    Nihilus, run with Kylo, DookuZ, Zavage, EP, Boba and Vader. That's some of the usual load outs I've seen.

Fett teams I've seen have other bounty hunters, Rex, Wiggs, chaze and other strong characters.
  • Options
    This meta is FAR better than the WiggDo meta.
    Agreed, far more diversity.

I don't actually see it, but all leaderboards are different.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options

1. Zader
    2. Rex
    4. NihilusZ
    6. Rogue One Team

Maybe on your leaderboard. On mine there is no one team holding rank better than the others. Any team in top 5 during payout I see easily beaten by others and they find their way down to the 15-20th range at some point.
  • Options
    So no one posting in this thread seems to be phased by the fact that you have to use either Sith or Chromium characters to beat this? And several are claiming a rise in diversity....because you can use multiple Sith leaders? How is this different from the aforementioned "less diverse" meta of Wiggs? You could have Wedge, Ackbar, and Lando leads.
  • Options
    So no one posting in this thread seems to be phased by the fact that you have to use either Sith or Chromium characters to beat this? And several are claiming a rise in diversity....because you can use multiple Sith leaders? How is this different from the aforementioned "less diverse" meta of Wiggs? You could have Wedge, Ackbar, and Lando leads.

Nah the arena was actually quite diverse about a month ago in the zader meta. Resistance, fo, droids, Jedi were all much more competitive. Zauls leader ability is just in a league of its own. Now you gotta use zaul or paywall characters.
  • Options
    Baze was in the shard shop. If you had farmed him like I did (exchanging all currency from each area into the shard shop), you would not be saying he's chromium only. This meta is by far the most diverse. I'm on a November 2015 shard and here is the current top 20:
    https://imgur.com/a/nktyS
  • Options
    Baze was in the shard shop. If you had farmed him like I did (exchanging all currency from each area into the shard shop), you would not be saying he's chromium only. This meta is by far the most diverse. I'm on a November 2015 shard and here is the current top 20:

Gk leads...? Sorry but that looks like a very weak shard.
  • Options

Gk leads...? Sorry but that looks like a very weak shard.
    https://imgur.com/a/vM2Es
    Fight that team... then tell me it's weak ;)