Let's discuss: Squads to beat zMaul lead

Replies

• Ig88isboss
    1752 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Ig88isboss wrote: »
    So no one posting in this thread seems to be phased by the fact that you have to use either Sith or Chromium characters to beat this? And several are claiming a rise in diversity....because you can use multiple Sith leaders? How is this different from the aforementioned "less diverse" meta of Wiggs? You could have Wedge, Ackbar, and Lando leads.
    Baze was in the shard shop. If you had farmed him like I did (exchanging all currency from each area into the shard shop), you would not be saying he's chromium only. This meta is by far the most diverse. I'm on a November 2015 shard and here is the current top 20:
    https://imgur.com/a/nktyS

Gk leads...? Sorry but that looks like a very weak shard.
    https://imgur.com/a/vM2Es
    Fight that team... then tell me it's weak ;)

A zaul team would trash that. That's like a old school TO team that is pretty irrelevant with 4x speed.
  • Barhebraeus
    620 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    So no one posting in this thread seems to be phased by the fact that you have to use either Sith or Chromium characters to beat this? And several are claiming a rise in diversity....because you can use multiple Sith leaders? How is this different from the aforementioned "less diverse" meta of Wiggs? You could have Wedge, Ackbar, and Lando leads.

That's because several of the counter squad comps mentioned in this thread are not Chromium only. I have a very solid zMaul counter team composed of all ftp toons: Rex lead, EP, St Han, Boba, and DN.

• Options
    Baze was in the shard shop. If you had farmed him like I did (exchanging all currency from each area into the shard shop), you would not be saying he's chromium only. This meta is by far the most diverse. I'm on a November 2015 shard and here is the current top 20:

Baze does not equal Chaze. I have Baze...
  • Options

A zaul team would trash that. That's like a old school to team that is pretty irrelevant with 4x speed.
    It beats zaul on offence. This thread is about zaul counters...
  • Options

Do you want me to post my swgoh.gg page again?
    https://swgoh.gg/u/mozza/
  • Options
    Zqgj without kenobi,zYoda at 274 speed(with bonus)
  • Options

A zaul team would trash that. That's like a old school to team that is pretty irrelevant with 4x speed.

It beats zaul on offence. This thread is about zaul counters...

Maybe 25% of the time..
  • Options

I've got your team in the list up top already: Rex lead. It does seem your team with General Kenobi and Darth Nihilus under Rex doesn't need Chirrut...it just needs Sith and General Kenobi....so I'm not truly inclined to throw Rex under the "types" just because of your success.

Futhermore, a top 20 from a single shard is a worse sample than the meta report which I already stated wasn't truly helpful to my question - which is NOT "Is this a diverse meta?" but "What teams beat zMaul? Specifically with EP, Nihilus, Chaze."
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Rex Nihilus Boba +2. My shard has more Rexes than zauls and I'm the only Zaul right now that can hold top 5. I run Zaul, EP, GK, SA, DN but most of the Rexes can beat me no problem.

Chaze and GK are obviously the best but most don't have them. EP, STH, and TFP are great fillers for the last spots without them.

• Options

That's because several of the counter squad comps mentioned in this thread are not Chromium only. I have a very solid zMaul counter team composed of all ftp toons: Rex lead, EP, St Han, Boba, and DN.

.....but Sith. I've got your info and your Squad Comp. Basically a zMaul team with Rex lead. Again, it's like Wiggs under a different lead than Wedge.
  • JohnnySteelAlpha
    2794 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

Nah the arena was actually quite diverse about a month ago in the zader meta. Resistance, fo, droids, Jedi were all much more competitive. Zauls leader ability is just in a league of its own. Now you gotta use zaul or paywall characters.

GK probably isn't a paywall character anymore. Good number of low spend / free players at least have him 5* now and he's easily arena viable at 5*. GK in a zJinn comp can take zMaul squads at a high rate and hold in top 20 reliably. That's a high caliber team.

@StormTro0p3R_H .... that's a non-paywall team right there with the Jedi. I've also seen other oddball comps on our LB where guys can beat Sith squads and get in the top 5...one dude runs Rex leader with B2, zKylo (zeta required here - zKylo is insane strong for AI to handle), TFP, and Boba. That's a complete non-paywall non-Sith squad that I see working on our board every day - only uses 1 zeta - no chromes no GK.

I think this shows how deep the game is really when that many comps can be used to beat zDM considering he has probably the best leader skill we've seen in the game to date and has great allies to fit with it.
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I can beat zauls team (all of them with EP speed 220+) with this team: zQGJ, Aayla, JKA, Zoda and B2. Easy.

EDIT: Yes, you need a 230+ speed Yoda to do it.
  • Options

I've got your team in the list up top already: Rex lead. It does seem your team with General Kenobi and Darth Nihilus under Rex doesn't need Chirrut...it just needs Sith and General Kenobi....so I'm not truly inclined to throw Rex under the "types" just because of your success.

Futhermore, a top 20 from a single shard is a worse sample than the meta report which I already stated wasn't truly helpful to my question - which is NOT "Is this a diverse meta?" but "What teams beat zMaul? Specifically with EP, Nihilus, Chaze."
    My shard is an old one, one of the oldest. Therefore people have had time to build up diverse rosters, hence the variation. Older shards prove that there is more to the meta than people on younger shards believe.
  • Options

Nah the arena was actually quite diverse about a month ago in the zader meta. Resistance, fo, droids, Jedi were all much more competitive. Zauls leader ability is just in a league of its own. Now you gotta use zaul or paywall characters.

GK probably isn't a paywall character anymore. Good number of low spend / free players at least have him 5* now and he's easily arena viable at 5*. GK in a zJinn comp can take zMaul squads at a high rate and hold in top 20 reliably. That's a high caliber team.

@StormTro0p3R_H .... that's a non-paywall team right there with the Jedi. I've also seen other oddball comps on our LB where guys can beat Sith squads and get in the top 5...one dude runs Rex leader with B2, zKylo (zeta required here - zKylo is insane strong for AI to handle), TFP, and Boba. That's a complete non-paywall squad that I see working on our board every day - only uses 1 zeta - no chromes no GK.

I think this shows how deep the game is really when that many comps can be used to beat zDM considering he has probably the best leader skill we've seen in the game to date and has great allies to fit with it.

I'm actually working on the Jedi but getting frustrated in the wait for GK. I mean, I could have farmed Maul by now, like a lot of players have, quicker than unlocking Kenobi.

Honestly, I'd say if I started right now I could still get him before Kenobi, since I have 7 more raids to go. :(
  • StormTro0p3R_H
    1643 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    The0n3 wrote: »
    I can beat zauls team (all of them with EP speed 220+) with this team: zQGJ, Aayla, JKA, Zoda and B2. Easy.

How's this work out usually? Meaning turn order and such. I could get this working, I think, but I tried using B2 once (only 4* g8 so I know it wasn't the best test) and it didn't seem to help much.

@The0n3 I could invest more to B2 if it I believed it definitely works.
  • Options

• The0n3
    984 posts Member
    Options

How's this work out usually? I could get this working, I think, but I tried using B2 once (only 4* g8 so I know it wasn't the best test) and it didn't seem to help much.

@The0n3 I could invest more to B2 if it I believed it definitely works.

It does. B2 don't even need to be g11, g10 it's just fine. Put some protection / tenacity / potency mods on him, don't need to care about speed since he gains 100% tm from his unique and that's enough to dispell the stealth and with a little bit of luck (rng), buff immunity = kills maul and ep = victory.

• The0n3
    984 posts Member
    Options
    That also works against teams like Zaul, EP, DN and Chaze (which i also face on my shard...)
  • Options

My shard is an old one, one of the oldest. Therefore people have had time to build up diverse rosters, hence the variation. Older shards prove that there is more to the meta than people on younger shards believe.

This is a great point and also something that should be kept in mind when looking at the meta report. To get a true picture you'd probably want a meta report that's based on shard vintage. Shard age will definitely skew any meta report. Some characters just aren't good until they have advanced gear / levels / materials.
  • Options

@Dooku_for_days Fair point. But judging by your pic it's extremely hard to tell what teams would even have to fight the zMaul teams since they could hop right past them. I get that scissors-paper-rock can happen with diversity. I want to know what can beat zMaul, EP, DN, and Chaze. But thanks for ensuring the overall health of the game for me, like some of my op alluded to.
  • Options
    @The0n3 I'll give it a shot, then. Thanks.
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

Ah, just a reminder, you need Zeta Yoda with at least 230 speed... Than it will be like knife into butter! (Also, all of my team except for B2 have 210+ speed, so i guess that's also a thing to be taken into consideration)

Good luck and may the Force be with you!
  • Ig88isboss
    1752 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

I'm on a Nov 15 shard and it's like 70% zaul in the top 50.

New shards seem to be in the rebel meta. Not much zaul on new shards.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

I'm on a Nov 15 shard and it's like 70% zaul in the top 50.

New shards seem to be in the rebel meta. Not much zaul on new shards.

nice, easily dominated =D
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options

Ah, just a reminder, you need Zeta Yoda with at least 230 speed... Than it will be like knife into butter! (Also, all of my team except for B2 have 210+ speed, so i guess that's also a thing to be taken into consideration)

Right now, post zQGJ speed boost, I have a 266 speed Anakin and 265 speed zYoda. My other Jedi are 233 and 232. I've kept tank mods as I've searched for speed mods so I can get B2 pretty beefy, I think.
  • Berimbolo
    946 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Rex/GK combo works good against Zauls

GK isn't paywall at all, just get in a good guild, I'm F2P and I have a 7 star GK now, world first???? Lol

Anyway, Rex/GK combo, Boba, Zylo, Emp, B2 are good F2P additions also to the team, along with some others, but its Rex lead with GK that makes it go
  • Options
    powieman wrote: »

Awesome. DT is so underrated.
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member
    Options

Right now, post zQGJ speed boost, I have a 266 speed Anakin and 265 speed zYoda. My other Jedi are 233 and 232. I've kept tank mods as I've searched for speed mods so I can get B2 pretty beefy, I think.

Good, good! Having all Jedi with 200+speed is a must on a zqgj team, specially if you wanna take down zauls! Give it a try and tell us how it went!
  • Options
    I beat my first zaul team today, after easily 30 battles the last week.

Couldn't beat zaul,palp,DN,SA,Vader with zFinn resistance (or any combination of them + Zylo/B2 etc.

Beat zaul with first order (only zeta on Kylo). And using sthan instead of FOST as FOST is undergeared.