Am I the only one that doesn't mind mace as he is.

Prev1
I realize he isn't arena viable but does every character need to be. I use him in tank raids and gw preloaded Jedi team. Works well in those cases. Am I alone here.

Replies

• Options
    Eh, he is slow, and really doesn't hit that hard. I use him as well, but only because I don't have any better jedi right now. He's good for clearing taunts and the like, but I think he could use a revision.

And fwiw, I have 5 toons at 7* for heroic rancor: Boba, Lumi, JC, Phasma, and Mace. My guild does a 24 hour rule before start, but you can "register" a toon. I always sacrifice Mace because he isn't as useful as the other 4.
  • Options
    I use him sometimes as he is my fleet commander so I have him max gear.

He's a bit slow to be of any real use and will no doubt get less use as I gear more people up.
  • Options
    You kind of also helped prove my point he's easy to 7*. One of the easiest toons to gear. Is he early game character sure but I have about 50 7* characters and still find a place for him. Ok decent leadership ability. Can clear buffs I hits harder then you give him credit for.
  • Options
    Yeah but he's such a revelant and popular character. He's very powerful too! Hence why they should buff him
  • Options
    Relevancy has never really mattered in this game most characters that even non star wars fans have heard of are lousy in this game most characters would need a rework if you wanted them to represent there power level I. The starwars universe.
  • War
    932 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah but he's such a revelant and popular character. He's very powerful too! Hence why they should buff him

So's Stormtrooper. In terms of relevance and popularity I mean, obviously not power.
  • spotremix
    1566 posts Member
    Options
    there's a lot of toons i don't mind the way they were before their rework. and no i don't think it's necessary for every character to be arena viable. but then again i also think the definition of viable for any part of this game is open to opinion and debate as well.
  • War
    932 posts Member
    Options
    spotremix wrote: »
    there's a lot of toons i don't mind the way they were before their rework. and no i don't think it's necessary for every character to be arena viable. but then again i also think the definition of viable for any part of this game is open to opinion and debate as well.

Well viable does mean different things. Stormtrooper believe or not is viable in P3 of HAAT when he hits Gear X, even better at Gear XI. In that same regard Mace Windu is viable in P1 of HAAT. So neither needs a rework in terms of viability. One of reasons asking for a Stormtrooper rework is no different than a Mace Windu rework.
  • Options
    ProximaB1_ wrote: »
    Can clear buffs I hits harder then you give him credit for.

I have Lumi and Mace at G7, Lumi is at lvl 63, Mace at Lvl 62. Lumi hits harder than Mace. I have Ahsoka at G7 also, lvl 62, but only 5*, and she hits harder than Mace. If I get Chewie to G7, he will hit harder than Mace.

In my opinion, he hits like a wet noodle. And he's too slow.

I wish Mace was better. He was one of the best Jedi from the Prequels. They did him a serious injustice. Maybe he was good when he first came out, and he is a quick 7* (believe he wss my first), but I have little use for him now.

• Options
    Chewie will not hit harder.
  • spotremix
    1566 posts Member
    Options
    War wrote: »

Well viable does mean different things. Stormtrooper believe or not is viable in P3 of HAAT when he hits Gear X, even better at Gear XI. In that same regard Mace Windu is viable in P1 of HAAT. So neither needs a rework in terms of viability. One of reasons asking for a Stormtrooper rework is no different than a Mace Windu rework.

this right here is a good example of how it varies. your talking raids others think arena and still others think GW, cantina and light and dark battles.
  • Options

Every character should be viable. That's called balance.
  • War
    932 posts Member
    Options
    Ig88isboss wrote: »

The question is how viable. Does every character need to be arena viable, that'd be nice, but an impossible task. In my opinion a character should at least be able to find a place on a raid team, and there's a lot of characters that can't even do that.

Mace Windu and Stormtrooper can be used in raids, so they're not in as dire straights; as CUP, Veers, JKG, Lobot, and I'm sure other characters that have been forgotten to most.
  • Ig88isboss
    1752 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    War wrote: »

The question is how viable. Does every character need to be arena viable, that'd be nice, but an impossible task. In my opinion a character should at least be able to find a place on a raid team, and there's a lot of characters that can't even do that.

Mace Windu and Stormtrooper can be used in raids, so they're not in as dire straights; as CUP, Veers, JKG, Lobot, and I'm sure other characters that have been forgotten to most.

Yep. To those who say it's not possible go try playing a real game like dota2 or league. A majority of the characters are viable, in dota nearly all of them are. In swgoh it's embarrassing really.
  • spotremix
    1566 posts Member
    Options

by my definition every character is viable. i will put a toon in any part of this game upon activating.
  • Options

by my definition every character is viable. i will put a toon in any part of this game upon activating.

Let me know how lobot does.
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    Options
    I'm beginning to think that mace might be the worst character in the game. There are only mob enforcer Koth and a few nightsisters in compitin with him. I don't know where he ranks in a list of all toons but it is defiantly so bad that he doesn't matter at all. He isn't p1 viable. That's a joke. When people are churning out Zylo p1 solos and 4-5 mil in the other phases just admit it that he is useless.
  • Options
    Mace is my capital ship pilot. That's his best slot.
    Unfortunately
  • Options
    Olddumper wrote: »
    I'm beginning to think that mace might be the worst character in the game. There are only mob enforcer Koth and a few nightsisters in compitin with him. I don't know where he ranks in a list of all toons but it is defiantly so bad that he doesn't matter at all. He isn't p1 viable. That's a joke. When people are churning out Zylo p1 solos and 4-5 mil in the other phases just admit it that he is useless.

With that logic almost all Jedi are useless in aat raid.
  • Options

Mace, G7 lvl 62....Physical Damage 1133.
    Chewie, G6, lvl 54....Physical Damage 1016.

Where my guys stand, at the same level and gear, yeah, my Chewie would hit harder.

SWGOH.GG even shows Chewie's physical damage, when maxed, is higher than Mace's at max.

So tell me again how Chewie won't hit harder...
  • Options

Where my guys stand, at the same level and gear, yeah, my Chewie would hit harder.

SWGOH.GG even shows Chewie's physical damage, when maxed, is higher than Mace's at max.

If your putting the same mods on them your probably right but that makes your chewy useless.
  • spotremix
    1566 posts Member
    Options

Let me know how lobot does.

sorry i don't do rebels.
  • Options
    I hare raid gear
  • Options

If your putting the same mods on them your probably right but that makes your chewy useless.

Dude, it doesn't matter about the mods. Did you completely miss what I said? At max, no mods, SWGOH.GG has Chewie with more damage output than Mace.

Chewie 2601
    Mace 1863

And I don't care about Mace's special damage. He get's that once every 3 turns, and Chewie doesn't even do special damage.
  • Options

Dude, it doesn't matter about the mods. Did you completely miss what I said? At max, no mods, SWGOH.GG has Chewie with more damage output than Mace.

Chewie 2601
    Mace 1863

And I don't care about Mace's special damage. He get's that once every 3 turns, and Chewie doesn't even do special damage.

I said you were right if you read my comment.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    Mace's main issue is speed. He hits decently at higher levels, especially when modded correctly. Throw crit damage and chance sets on him, with a +30 speed mod and he's a lot more viable, especially in Tank. Under zQGJ lead he's particularly nasty, though he's not bad as lead himself.
    He could really use a zeta on Shatterpoint. Something like "ignores taunts when an enemy is exposed, gains 50% TM when attacking an exposed hero, 75% chance to expose, 30% chance to double expose"
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Options

Chewie 2601
    Mace 1863

And I said REGARDLESS OF MODS, if you'd read PERIOD.

Mace needs an additional 40% in offense mods to equal Chewie at his BASE offense if both are max stars, level, and gear.

Last I checked, SWGOH.GG stats don't take into account mods, because mods vary.
  • Options
    I really don't know why your still posting based on my last post. That being said mace is a better character then chewy. I have both.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

Chewie 2601
    Mace 1863

And I said REGARDLESS OF MODS, if you'd read PERIOD.

Mace needs an additional 40% in offense mods to equal Chewie at his BASE offense if both are max stars, level, and gear.

Last I checked, SWGOH.GG stats don't take into account mods, because mods vary.

last i checked mace did more damage on his basic than chewy according to swgoh.gg
    mace: 3577-3953 (special: 6112-6754)
    chewy: 2910-3216 (no special)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Thanks leef never looked it up that would have helped.