PvP timer skip

So when you are competing in fleet or squad arena, there is an option to battle again right away if you pay 50 crystals instead of waiting for the timer to complete before you take your next attempt.

I like this feature, I do. It comes in Handy when someone gets a bug up their butt and wants to have a certain place regardless of payout times.

But there's a big flaw to it. You can refresh the timer and STILL not be able to fight right away because someone has started battling you since then, making you waste 50 crystals.

I would like to see this option prompt you that you are currently in battle before it allows you to reset the timer. Otherwise it is letting you reset the timer for no actual gain a lot of the time.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    I'm pretty sure that's the point. Everything is a gamble.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

lol
    Actually that's kind of my point. All the other things you spend crystals on are not a gamble outside of data cards. (and some of those aren't).

But this is, and it shouldn't be.

You spend crystals on energy to farm for gear. The gear isn't assured, but the energy is, and the chance to do the stage.

If you spend crystals on a timer refresh, whether or not you can fight who you want to is up in the air, but whether or not you can fight right away shouldn't be.

• Options
    It wouldn't help much. You would still have people start a match against you while you are selecting an opponent and your team.

However if buying a refresh gave you a 5 sec window where no one can start a fight with you then it would work.
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member
    Options
    I don't see it as a gamble... That's giving ppl at least a chance (within seconds) to enter a fight or lock themselves up... It's the same for everyone and, because of that, i think it's a fair system.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    I would love to see this unfortunately I don't think we will ever see it.
    You could be not in battle when you click refresh and suddenly be locked the next sec. There is no way to guarantee that if it shows you are not in battle that it will stay that way for the time it takes to click ok and battle on the team selection screen.

Imagine all the complaints: "said I was not in battle so I refreshed and then it said I was in battle." my head already hurts thinking about it.

What we need is a complete overhaul of squad arena with it's swapping, sniping and fixed in selectable payout times.
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »
    I would love to see this unfortunately I don't think we will ever see it.
    You could be not in battle when you click refresh and suddenly be locked the next sec. There is no way to guarantee that if it shows you are not in battle that it will stay that way for the time it takes to click ok and battle on the team selection screen.

Imagine all the complaints: "said I was not in battle so I refreshed and then it said I was in battle." my head already hurts thinking about it.

What we need is a complete overhaul of squad arena with it's swapping, sniping and fixed in selectable payout times.

I could see the complaints happening, I thought about that too. I guess I don't see giving out less information in general because some people can't grasp concepts as a good idea.

I definitely agree that Arena needs an overhaul.

It wouldn't help much. You would still have people start a match against you while you are selecting an opponent and your team.

However if buying a refresh gave you a 5 sec window where no one can start a fight with you then it would work.

My phone is slow, I'd need more like 30 seconds or a minute. But this isn't a bad idea. I considered it including it, but I was more concerned with getting the base idea out than fleshing it out. EA/CG could handle the little details however they see fit if they put the prompt in IMHO.

• AnnerDoon
    1353 posts Member
    Options
    You want the ability to lock everyone out indefinitely by paying, without giving them the opportunity to lock you out by paying. Yeah... seems legit.

How 'bout no.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    Yeah, you can't control when other players are fighting you. It would be a complete rework of the current system to make this suggestion worth. Though I would like your idea too. :)
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    AnnerDoon wrote: »
    You want the ability to lock everyone out indefinitely by paying, without giving them the opportunity to lock you out by paying. Yeah... seems legit.

How 'bout no.

That is not even close to what Op is asking for.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Woodroward wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

lol
    Actually that's kind of my point. All the other things you spend crystals on are not a gamble outside of data cards. (and some of those aren't).

But this is, and it shouldn't be.

You spend crystals on energy to farm for gear. The gear isn't assured, but the energy is, and the chance to do the stage.

If you spend crystals on a timer refresh, whether or not you can fight who you want to is up in the air, but whether or not you can fight right away shouldn't be.

Store refreshes. Yes not directly but refreshing energy is a gamble, the energy has an equivalent value just like chips to $. Yep data cards, bronzium....

I would love to see the overhaul as scuba said but until then that is the gamble you make.
  • AnnerDoon
    1353 posts Member
    Options
    scuba wrote: »
    AnnerDoon wrote: »

How 'bout no.

That is not even close to what Op is asking for.

You're right. I'm not sure what I read. But you're right.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I don't even care if they remove the option to refresh when in battle or not. I just want a prompt that says you are in battle before you do.

I really don't think it would be that tough, they already have a mechanism in place that checks if someone is in battle, I just want that check to run before you refresh a PvP timer.