Simple Zaul meta equalizer (when they're ready)

Prev1
Juex777
968 posts Member
It is going to be a pretty simple task when they're ready to kill the dodge meta in general. A leader ability or a unique that gives all allies accuracy. There's a good chance it's already in the works. It won't make Zaul irrelevant but it will even the playing field.

Replies

• Juex777
    968 posts Member
    Options
    Let's be honest. Even though it helps on defense which suits us, the evasion meta is not an enjoyable dynamic.
  • MoBlaq
    582 posts Member
    Options
    Should be an easy fix once they release Jedi Knight Luke where his leader ability is like Palps, but against Emipre and Sith
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    Options
    I think they do have a plan to release Jedi Luke sometime this year. But only EA knows for sure.
  • vessaharja
    585 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    The sith are not OP. A rex chaze will wipe the smile off a sith team with ease. Throw in GK and you have the real meta. I would actually say that a rex chaze gk boris is the real meta here. Nerf them.

Had a gk chaze boris nilly in gw. Found no way around that team with my zaul squad. Another example of an awesome squad.
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    The Sith can be beat, yes. But the dodge dynamic is getting rather old. Say what you will, but Zaul is actually forcing people to run very specific anti-Zaul teams, which is not really sustainable. Zaul also holds up a little ridiculously well on defense all things being equal, and Zaul vs Zaul is boring as hell.
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I'm not saying to nerf anyone. But every meta has its end. The Rex squad has its Achilles heel as well and is not nearly as annoying to play
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    Options
    Rogue one rebels might end up displacing a lot of the Zaul teams. Maybe.... Are they really that good on defense though?
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Options
    Cool accuracy lead. Does it have TM gains.
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Rex, B2 and Boba (Also GK if you have him) and maybe DN seem like they hold well against every metal in general. Chaze is also pretty universal.
  • Options
    Juex777 wrote: »
    I think they do have a plan to release Jedi Luke sometime this year. But only EA knows for sure.

Probably august... XD
  • BrtStlnd
    1094 posts Member
    Options
    vessaharja wrote: »
    The sith are not OP. A rex chaze will wipe the smile off a sith team with ease. Throw in GK and you have the real meta. I would actually say that a rex chaze gk boris is the real meta here. Nerf them.

Had a gk chaze boris nilly in gw. Found no way around that team with my zaul squad. Another example of an awesome squad.

Boris is OP vs moose and squirrel
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    Options
    I like the idea of accuracy as a unique best.
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Options
    So how do we equalize Chaze
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    B2 and Boba or B2 and DN
  • Liamtbqh
    620 posts Member
    Options
    Olga wrote: »
    So how do we equalize Chaze

TFP, Boba, Zader, B2, Maul cus Daze
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    Options
    Or B2 and EP. Basically B2
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    Options
    Who also rocks against Zaul to some degree
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Options
    B2 already equalizes everything so I guess no equalising is needed.
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    Options
    Zader is good, but empire is pretty easily shut down these days. Maybe the Empire rising will make them meta again.
  • Liamtbqh
    620 posts Member
    Options
    The 40th anniversary of Star Wars is supposed to be coming up so maybe Jedi Luke will make jedi relevant then
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    Options
    B2 helps with Zaul. But it's not enough. The dodge mechanic needs to go away soon.
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Options
    Ever heard of an accuracy mod? Ever tried putting one on B2?
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    It serves those of us who have him.... But it'll run it's course soon and the game will be better for it.
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Options
    Juex777 wrote: »
    the game will be better for it.
    I wouldn't hold your breath on that.
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Ever heard of an accuracy mod? Ever tried putting one on B2?

Yep. Try that on defense though and see how well it holds up. And RPG is very random. It doesn't really shut it down. It can help you win on offense but it's hard to have enough dps if you use B2 and Rex.
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    You can use Zaul and B2, but that'll weaken your Zaul against other Sith teams on defense.

Best just to have a way to entirely shutdown the dodge meta..... When it's time.
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    Options
    Not holding my breath. But it is logical that it will come at some point.
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Options
    I meant the part where the game would be better for it. Next Meta will be worse than the current one. CG won't nerf so power creep is the only way forward.
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    Options
    I meant the part where the game would be better for it. Next Meta will be worse than the current one. CG won't nerf so power creep is the only way forward.

Ahhh. I see you mean! Yeah,the next meta might be really annoying too. Hard to imagine it being more annoying than dodge though.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    That won't really help due to it still being all rng based.

An anti zaul would be a 10% tm when an enemy gains a buff. Maybe for one faction and half to anyone else, a sort of combo rex lead baze unique.