Clone Helmets Confirmed?

Replies

• Options
    leef wrote: »
    Ig88isboss wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    Roken_Fett wrote: »
    Helmets are needed. If you don't care about them then why complain either way. So if they add them you won't care, if they don't you don't care. Cool. But it is a legitimate gripe.

A "toggle" will be fine. But I'm willing to bet there are more players FOR helmets than are AGAINST. It seems like the argument is FOR vs WHO CARES.

So if you don't care be on your way.

Because it's a waste of resources. Do you know how long it would take to change all of those character models and animations? Time much better spent on actual new content.

Some guy photo shopped the helmets on in 5 minutes.

i fixed teebo's stealth bug in MSpaint in under 3 minutes.

lol

I nerfed Maul in Notepad.
  • Options
    Helmets are needed. If you don't care about them then why complain either way. So if they add them you won't care, if they don't you don't care. Cool. But it is a legitimate gripe.

A "toggle" will be fine. But I'm willing to bet there are more players FOR helmets than are AGAINST. It seems like the argument is FOR vs WHO CARES.

Because it's a waste of resources. Do you know how long it would take to change all of those character models and animations? Time much better spent on actual new content.

We have new content on the regular now. Just on Apple sales this game makes about 90k A DAY. They have more than enough resources. And I HIGHLY doubt it would take much time to program that small amount of pixels onto the clones and Sabine. And Saxon, if he doesn't wear it in battle. His helmet is already technically in the game.

It's not a money issue, it's a labor issue. Sure, they can afford to hire 12 artists to do the work. But you also have to train those artists in various whatevers, and then hope they don't quit before they finish. And there's the time to interview those people, and manage those people... You can't just throw money at the problem and magically have helmets in the game.

Did he also modify all the models and animations so the helmets look right during actual gameplay in 5 minutes?

12 artists :lol::lol: I've worked with this kind of animation before. It shouldn't take one guy more than a few hours.
  • Options
    There is no legitimate reason why they don't have them on, the Clones or Sabine.

I just wonder who made that call in the first place, because that was a stupid call.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Options
    Wow, you can't say s t up id ?
  • StarSon
    7472 posts Member
    Options
    CaptainRex wrote: »

We have new content on the regular now. Just on Apple sales this game makes about 90k A DAY. They have more than enough resources. And I HIGHLY doubt it would take much time to program that small amount of pixels onto the clones and Sabine. And Saxon, if he doesn't wear it in battle. His helmet is already technically in the game.

It's not a money issue, it's a labor issue. Sure, they can afford to hire 12 artists to do the work. But you also have to train those artists in various whatevers, and then hope they don't quit before they finish. And there's the time to interview those people, and manage those people... You can't just throw money at the problem and magically have helmets in the game.

Did he also modify all the models and animations so the helmets look right during actual gameplay in 5 minutes?

Why would they need to hire and train artists when they already have the team of artists that created the Clones in the first place?
    And it's not like changing character appearances are this insanely difficult thing. Tons of apps with way smaller budgets are easily able to accomplish multiple looks for the same character.

Because they are already working on other things. If they use the same artists to redo clones that they have now, then no new characters get created.

You can't just compare this game to another one that does what you want. This game made the decision to not offer multiple skins for any character, and that's that. They could change it if they wanted, but it would be a huge resource drain, and would take away from new content. Anything that makes it harder to push new content is bad.
  • Options
    The irony is all the poeple who are against this or want people to stop these threads are just keeping them alive. So to you people, I thank.
  • StarSon
    7472 posts Member
    Options
    The irony is all the poeple who are against this or want people to stop these threads are just keeping them alive. So to you people, I thank.

Nothing wrong with keeping them alive. The Internet was created for arguing. But ultimately this boils down to a business decision, and the decision was made to not do the helmet thing. If they change that decision you will be happy, and everyone else will continue not caring. *shrug*
  • Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

Why would they need to hire and train artists when they already have the team of artists that created the Clones in the first place?
    And it's not like changing character appearances are this insanely difficult thing. Tons of apps with way smaller budgets are easily able to accomplish multiple looks for the same character.

Because they are already working on other things. If they use the same artists to redo clones that they have now, then no new characters get created.

You can't just compare this game to another one that does what you want. This game made the decision to not offer multiple skins for any character, and that's that. They could change it if they wanted, but it would be a huge resource drain, and would take away from new content. Anything that makes it harder to push new content is bad.

We're getting way too many new characters way too fast as it is. Don't get me wrong, I love new characters, especially the characters they have picked, but come on. Can't put anytime into a character or two and there's already 4 coming at you.

And why would it be "high resource claim?" Can you verify this. Seems like a couple of people here who have actually done coding disagree. I would bet it would be easier to fix than most of the bugs they have already fixed.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    There is no legitimate reason why they don't have them on, the Clones or Sabine.

I just wonder who made that call in the first place, because that was a **** call.

They made a fairly legitimate reason and they use that as a guideline for all toons, it's not a rule just a general guideline.

Named toons have faces, generic no name toons do not. Yes there are some that don't fit this but still it's just the general guideline they stated they use.
  • Options

Nothing wrong with keeping them alive. The Internet was created for arguing. But ultimately this boils down to a business decision, and the decision was made to not do the helmet thing. If they change that decision you will be happy, and everyone else will continue not caring. *shrug*

Exactly. So why not give players something that's mostly wanted. You said it yourself, either people will be happy finally or they will continue to not care either way. But almost no one will be mad.

Seems like an easy win for the developers.
  • Options

I know people like to argue I'm just laughing at the irony. I just seems their business decision is not consistent. They cared enough about cosmetics to "fix" Qui-gon Jinn's sleeves yet they can't just put four helmets on the clones smh. Ohh well it is what it is I'm just disappointed at their lack of consistency.
  • Georgemi6
    1236 posts Member
    Options
    what if gar Saxon just goes into battle and holds his helmet...
  • StarSon
    7472 posts Member
    Options
    We're getting way too many new characters way too fast as it is. Don't get me wrong, I love new characters, especially the characters they have picked, but come on. Can't put anytime into a character or two and there's already 4 coming at you.

And why would it be "high resource claim?" Can you verify this. Seems like a couple of people here who have actually done coding disagree. I would bet it would be easier to fix than most of the bugs they have already fixed.

I disagree about too many characters. It allows for much more diversity this way, which I am on board with, especially having been here since before TFA, when we only have 50 to choose from.

I have coding experience, though admittedly no design experience. I have to go off of what we have been told by the team, which is that it sounds easy, but is not fast. We also know from the team that the decision has been made not to add the helmets, or a toggle. They may change their minds, but you never see one of these threads asking for it without at least as many people asking for it to not happen, so it seems unlikely.

Exactly. So why not give players something that's mostly wanted. You said it yourself, either people will be happy finally or they will continue to not care either way. But almost no one will be mad.

Because it isn't "mostly wanted." You have a few dozen people that ask for it fairly often, and at least as many that ask for it to not happen. No one will be mad once it's done, but I do not believe it is worth their time. I want another raid. I want more ship content. I want more new characters. Any amount of time spent working on cosmetic non-issues I see as a waste.
  • Options
    Georgemi6 wrote: »
    what if gar Saxon just goes into battle and holds his helmet...

That would be a developer super troll move.
  • Options

I disagree about too many characters. It allows for much more diversity this way, which I am on board with, especially having been here since before TFA, when we only have 50 to choose from.

I have coding experience, though admittedly no design experience. I have to go off of what we have been told by the team, which is that it sounds easy, but is not fast. We also know from the team that the decision has been made not to add the helmets, or a toggle. They may change their minds, but you never see one of these threads asking for it without at least as many people asking for it to not happen, so it seems unlikely.

Because it isn't "mostly wanted." You have a few dozen people that ask for it fairly often, and at least as many that ask for it to not happen. No one will be mad once it's done, but I do not believe it is worth their time. I want another raid. I want more ship content. I want more new characters. Any amount of time spent working on cosmetic non-issues I see as a waste.

There are no players in these threads against it, you just don't care. That's not the same thing. Like you said, no one would be mad if they put them on. Exactly. But lots of people would be happy. Those of you who are indifferent (not against) don't care. So why put up fake opposition? You don't care, so don't care.
  • StarSon
    7472 posts Member
    Options

There are no players in these threads against it, you just don't care. That's not the same thing. Like you said, no one would be mad if they put them on. Exactly. But lots of people would be happy. Those of you who are indifferent (not against) don't care. So why put up fake opposition? You don't care, so don't care.

You misunderstand. If they update the game tomorrow and helmets are there, then fine. But if they have to decide now between working on a new raid or working on helmets, don't do the stupld helmets. I care about where they spend their time. Helmets have zero added value, and should not be worked on even a little.
  • Options

I would argue there aren't a lot of posts about people "not wanting it" but more people that either:

1. just like to argue
    2. don't care much one way or the other, but hate seeing the threads pop up
    3. folks that think this is a huge ask and you wouldn't see new content for weeks while the designers update the in-game skins (which doesn't seem accurate)

• Options
    I don't want the helmets on. I think they look fine in game as is. You can't compare them not wearing helmets to Vader and boba. Adding Vader without a helmet would be horrible. Boba was known for his helmet. The movies rarely showed his face, if at all. The clones consistently had their helmets off and so does Sabine. I can't say for Kylo. I see no reason to waste time on it.
  • Options

I would argue there aren't a lot of posts about people "not wanting it" but more people that either:

1. just like to argue
    3. folks that think this is a huge ask and you wouldn't see new content for weeks while the designers update the in-game skins (which doesn't seem accurate)

And putting the helmets for the Clones and Sabine would rectify both your 1 and 2. And like you, I firmly believe it would take almost no effort (all things considered) to re-skin these toons.

No more arguing, no more helmet threads. Boom.
  • StarSon
    7472 posts Member
    Options

1. just like to argue

And putting the helmets for the Clones and Sabine would rectify both your 1 and 2. And like you, I firmly believe it would take almost no effort (all things considered) to re-skin these toons.

No more arguing, no more helmet threads. Boom.

So you contend that CG, knowing that there are thousands upon thousands of players that are just dying for their clones to have helmets, refuses to do the entire 5 minutes of work required to make it happen?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

1. just like to argue

heck yeah!
    I love to argue and i don't really care either way. I do like how they currently look more than they did in that photoshopped image with helmets though.
    All the overstatements about clones needing their helmets is hilarious to me. Fueling the discussion a bit makes it even funnier.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Boba was known for his helmet.

Clones are known for theirs, this actually proves our point. Picture a room full of clones from the series. Can you name them easier with helmets on or off? Just curious how you define someone "being known for"
  • StarSon
    7472 posts Member
    Options

Clones are known for theirs, this actually proves our point. Picture a room full of clones from the series. Can you name them easier with helmets on or off? Just curious how you define someone "being known for"

Says the guy whose avatar is a helmet-less Rex?

The only three clones I know outside the game are in Rebels, and they had their helmets off for 95% of their screen time.
  • Options

Says the guy whose avatar is a helmet-less Rex?

The only three clones I know outside the game are in Rebels, and they had their helmets off for 95% of their screen time.

That's like saying the only Vader I know is the helmetless one dying at the end of EpVI because that's the only movie I saw
  • Options
    I could name them easier without their helmets on. Like I said, they constantly had their helmets off in the show. Boba never had his helmet off in the movies. And Darth Vader is a million times more iconic then any clones soldier. I say known for, as in how the media portrays them. More people know boba with a helmet then without.
  • Options
    Of all the problems the game has, I admit I'm still baffled anyone gives a rat's **** about the clones wearing helmets, yet these threads keep popping up. Weird.
  • CK_3030
    177 posts Member
    Options
    Make helmets great again! :D
  • Options
    +1 there's literally nothing wrong with adding helmets and it just makes the game look better.
    I'm all for it im loving my clones!
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I could name them easier without their helmets on. Like I said, they constantly had their helmets off in the show. Boba never had his helmet off in the movies. And Darth Vader is a million times more iconic then any clones soldier. I say known for, as in how the media portrays them. More people know boba with a helmet then without.

So you instantly know who this is?

efmnfd.jpg
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options
    So Gar Saxon is carrying his helmet in the selection screen, but I seriously doubt he'll go into combat still holding it. Which means we could finally get Clone helmets!!!!!

Everyone keeps saying this. Name another character who appears one way on the selection screen, and another way in battle.