Omega bottleneck

Prev13
I can't save for zetas and also omega my other abilities at the same time.

if you can beat gw node 12 and are level 80, you should get an omega every time.

ITs not even like you can buy the omegas so don't see how EA is making money from this crunch.

Replies

• scuba
    14166 posts Member
    Options
    Or actually make the drop rates on cantina level 8 the same as character shards.
  • Options
    'Member the purple ability mat bottleneck? I do.
    'Member the Mk IV laptop bottleneck? I do.
    'Member the training droid bottleneck? I do.

You collect Omegas faster than you collect Zetas ... well, I do anyway. That means you can spare 5-10 omegas for a couple other abilities while you collect your Zetas.
  • Options
    Yeah and purple now have a challenge 3x per week, so they fixed it. For players who already have been around to experience this stuff you probably have most abilities omegas anyway. For new players this is a problem.
  • Options
    I started in December 2016 and play 600 every day and have spent over 300 dollars and an top 5 arena. I have a good idea of what is bottlenecking players who are at my level.

Omega bottleneck is a problem.
  • scuba
    14166 posts Member
    Options

You collect Omegas faster than you collect Zetas ... well, I do anyway. That means you can spare 5-10 omegas for a couple other abilities while you collect your Zetas.

I wish I had that problem. I burn through omega's like crazy. Sitting on bunch of Zetas.
  • Options
    It's not bottlenecking, it's called resource management, you can't just expect enough omegas to be handed out so you can max like 2-4 abilities on all your characters AND have enough to complement your Zeta abilities at all times, you have to choose which ones are more important and prioritise who to develop first, the same way that most of the max level non-mega whale players are currently being "bottlenecked" by the gear grind of stun cuffs/stun guns/mk3 carbanti/other super slow gear farms that toons need like 300 salvage of each.

MANAGE your resources properly and stop complaining that you haven't had enough omegas to max your roster out in the (rather short in comparison to MANY players) 5 months you've been playing
  • Options
    It's a problem for everybody. It's a progress blocker. We have all hit them. They are there to slow you down. This particular one is an end-game blocker. I don't see it getting relieved any time soon.

I've got ~20 characters that have their Omegas. I've got 70 characters that need them, and ~15 of those are all stuck at L1. How many Omegas is that? Oodles. I "need" oodles of Omegas.

Best course is just to concentrate on a few heroes at a time and leave the rest be until you can get to them. Maybe you never will (like my poor Old Daka, all 7* and L1 and sad). Make a choice and get down to business.
  • Drax_77
    1076 posts Member
    Options
    It is a problem imo, zeta mat challenge in 26 attempts so far I've received 1 omega, ability mat challenges, I'm lucky to get 2 a week from there, gw, I can't remember the last time I got 1 from there, cantina level 8 nodes, over 1k energy spent, every node beat, not 1 single omega. I have a feeling if I didn't get 1 every day from the dailies I'd still be saving omegas for my first zeta.

I've been playing since around oct of last year and I know this is a game of focusing where to put your resources but thanks to the horrible omega drop rates I still have characters that need 2+ abilities omegad on my arena team.

And I'll have to agree with scuba, raising their drop rate on stage 8 would help a lot. It's a 16 energy node so it's not like it would be game breaking to up the rate.
  • Options
    I can't save for zetas and also omega my other abilities at the same time.

if you can beat gw node 12 and are level 80, you should get an omega every time.

ITs not even like you can buy the omegas so don't see how EA is making money from this crunch.

Also you can actually buy omegas, they can appear in fleet shipments from time to time, zetas are there permanently but omegas can show up randomly too
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    My experience is that this is only a problem for people spending money. I can't gear characters fast enough to use up my omegas.
  • Options
    Liath wrote: »
    My experience is that this is only a problem for people spending money. I can't gear characters fast enough to use up my omegas.

Agreed, it's just a "whale problem" because it's something they can't just throw a credit card at have done with it
  • Options
    The only thing I think needs to be changed is the cost of Omegas in the fleet shipments, 1500 tokens for 1 Omega material is a bit outrageous.
  • Twin
    527 posts Member
    Options

I spend money and still don't have too much of an omega problem. I generally sit about 50... Enough to Zeta and/or max a character out when I need to. Right now I have 30 because I zeta'ed someone.

By the time I get ready for another, I generally replenished my supply.

I don't actively farm them at all.

I would guess it's possible people spend them when they have them rather than when you need them which is basically when a character is nearing completion and being used.

• Options
    The only thing I think needs to be changed is the cost of Omegas in the fleet shipments, 1500 tokens for 1 Omega material is a bit outrageous.

That is legit. The cost in the fleet shop does seem too high relative to the cost of zetas.

• Options
    I can't spend omegas or I won't be able to use the zetas when I get them. I earn omegas at the same rate as zetas on average.
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »

I wish I had that problem. I burn through omega's like crazy. Sitting on bunch of Zetas.

That's what happens when you level up all these characters they keep releasing. You run out of Omegas.
  • Options
    Answer me this, If started this game at time of zetas, and I farm zeta and omega at roughly same pace... How will I ever be able to spare more than 5 omega per 3 weeks on omega abilities? Will be months just to omega my arena team.

If I want to raid or work on other teams.. how possible?
  • Options
    Seeing as it's almost been a year since omegas were released I think we could justifiably amp up the availability of them. And not just the bi weekly events. Like somebody said above, one on node 12 of GW and maybe increase drop rates in Cantina to ~30%, same as shards.
  • scuba
    14166 posts Member
    Options
    JohnTS676 wrote: »

Agreed, it's just a "whale problem" because it's something they can't just throw a credit card at have done with it

Actually if you are willing to you can.
    4 times a month there are omega battles that you can refresh for crystals.
    Can also whale out on cantina refreshes for cantina level with it's horrid drop rate.
  • scuba
    14166 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    A character with a zeta ability requires ~36 omega's and 20 zeta's to max their abilites

Omega acquisition rate is only slightly higher than zeta rate yet need almost twice as many omega's vs zeta's

Wonder where all my omega's went.
  • Options
    exactly!
  • MoBlaq
    585 posts Member
    Options
    Instead of buying Zetas from the Fleet Shipments, you can buy the Omegas for 1500 shards
  • scuba
    14166 posts Member
    Options
    MoBlaq wrote: »
    Instead of buying Zetas from the Fleet Shipments, you can buy the Omegas for 1500 shards

I have.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    MoBlaq wrote: »

That's about as good an investment as refreshing hard nodes.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options

Can also whale out on cantina refreshes for cantina level with it's horrid drop rate.

Actually there's no need for a credit card to get all the Omegas possible from those battles, all it takes is to save 2400 crystals a month for them, so it's possible for f2p to get them, I do it on my alt account
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • scuba
    14166 posts Member
    Options
    Ztyle wrote: »

Actually there's no need for a credit card to get all the Omegas possible from those battles, all it takes is to save 2400 crystals a month for them, so it's possible for f2p to get them, I do it on my alt account

No doubt. Crystal saving is always possible.
  • Options
    Just uninstall the game, problem solved
  • scuba
    14166 posts Member
    Options
    Just uninstall the game, problem solved

Rinse. repeat.
  • Options
    A character with a zeta ability requires ~36 omega's and 20 zeta's to max their abilites

Omega acquisition rate is only slightly higher than zeta rate yet need almost twice as many omega's vs zeta's

Only slightly higher? I get 7 omegas a week from doing my dailies. The ability mat challenge, on average, drops 3 a week (1 out of every 3 challenges). The zeta challenge gives omegas as well as zetas (in my experience, at about the same rate). So the only way you're acquiring almost as many zetas as omegas is if you are buying zetas at the exclusion of omegas to close the gap.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options

Only slightly higher? I get 7 omegas a week from doing my dailies. The ability mat challenge, on average, drops 3 a week (1 out of every 3 challenges). The zeta challenge gives omegas as well as zetas (in my experience, at about the same rate). So the only way you're acquiring almost as many zetas as omegas is if you are buying zetas at the exclusion of omegas to close the gap.

Plus another omega a week from the omega battles.