Omega bottleneck

Replies

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    I started in December 2016 and play 600 every day and have spent over 300 dollars and an top 5 arena. I have a good idea of what is bottlenecking players who are at my level.

Omega bottleneck is a problem.

I started in November of 2015. It's not a problem.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • scuba
    14148 posts Member
    Options
    scuba wrote: »
    A character with a zeta ability requires ~36 omega's and 20 zeta's to max their abilites

Omega acquisition rate is only slightly higher than zeta rate yet need almost twice as many omega's vs zeta's

Wonder where all my omega's went.

Only slightly higher? I get 7 omegas a week from doing my dailies. The ability mat challenge, on average, drops 3 a week (1 out of every 3 challenges). The zeta challenge gives omegas as well as zetas (in my experience, at about the same rate). So the only way you're acquiring almost as many zetas as omegas is if you are buying zetas at the exclusion of omegas to close the gap.

I am little lower than could be because of acquiring some ship blueprints. But if you look at maximizing zeta acquisition and omega without spending crystals.
    Weekly omega
    1. 7 from dailies
    2. 1 from omega battles. 4 battles a month so say 1 a week
    3. 3 from challenges, being generous here because I don't know what the average is but will say 1 per ability mat challenge day

11 a week for omega's.

Weekly Zeta
    1. Buying from shipments 6
    2. Challenges 2. I will say I average 1 per day the challenge is run but many seem to have low rates on these so I will say 2/12 is the drop

8 a week for zeta's

So 2.5 weeks to get 20 zeta's and 27 omega's

I didn't include omega from ship challenges because I don't see them that often but let's say you get 1 a week from there.

So 2.5 weeks to get 20 zeta's and 30 omega's

Yes I know it is all resource management, and if you are not getting top in fleet area zeta rate takes a nose dive but looking at maximizing acquisition omega's are more of a bottle neck than zeta's.
  • Options
    December 2015 shard.
    Same problem here, bunch of zeta, no omega
  • Options
    Here's my question:

Why do omega abilities require only omega mats, but zeta abilities require zeta mats and the lower levels mats?
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • Options
    I can't save for zetas and also omega my other abilities at the same time.

if you can beat gw node 12 and are level 80, you should get an omega every time.

ITs not even like you can buy the omegas so don't see how EA is making money from this crunch.

It takes ten days to get enough omegas to zeta character. If your farming zetas, got plenty of time to save up omegas. I don't get that many from dailies, but I'm patient enough to wait. Plus once I know I'm getting close to getting a zeta, I save my omegas....this game is all about the long haul.
  • Options
    How many omega are needed to zeta someone
  • Options
    A quick question for the OP, how many of the toons you are wanting omegas for have at least gear ten? Because with a few exceptions like HKs lead ability, putting omegas on anyone who doesn't have at least gear ten isn't going to get you a usable toon anyways.

In any case, a recent level 80 is the worst possible time for omegas. Once you have been collecting them daily for a few months plus all the other random omegas the game gives you will find that only whales have a need for more omegas than they are getting.
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    You can buy the omegas.
    I started in December 2016 and play 600 every day and have spent over 300 dollars and an top 5 arena. I have a good idea of what is bottlenecking players who are at my level.

Omega bottleneck is a problem.
    4 months isn't exactly a long time in this game. Easy to get top 5 when you're a whale on a brand new shard too.

• rawman
    685 posts Member
    Options
    Sitting on like 70 omegas here. The secret is to just use them for toons/abilities you actually use (more or less) and not to spam them on each available slot.
  • exec79
    156 posts Member
    Options
    'Member the purple ability mat bottleneck? I do.
    'Member the Mk IV laptop bottleneck? I do.
    'Member the training droid bottleneck? I do.

You collect Omegas faster than you collect Zetas ... well, I do anyway. That means you can spare 5-10 omegas for a couple other abilities while you collect your Zetas.

only the stun gun/cuffs bottleneck holds forever!!
  • Options
    Ahh, the ever changing "whats bottlenecking me this week" problem, lol.
  • Options
    I'm so glad I'm a F2P old timer with stockpiles of sims, training droids, mats etc. .

Imagine starting the game right now. It's so unfreindly for newbies.
  • GA_Phoenix
    368 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    If you have 5 decent Teams leveld, equipted, geard and modded it's no longer Problem.

You can choose were you put your Omegas nex or store them to react to Metachanges or save them for Zetas.

But it will stay a problem if you concentrate on several Toons at once. But at this point, this isn't necessary.

It's the same with trainingsdroids. In the Levelphase from 0-85 there are always out of stock. But later on tonns of this things will collect dust in your inventory. ^^
  • Options
    The easiest way to fix this is to increase the omega drop rate in the ability mats daily challenge to 100%. That's what it should have been all along.
  • Options
    Anyone know the drop rate on the Level 8 cantina battles? I've never tried farming Omega's there but if we actually do get double Cantina rewards at some point today I've been thinking of giving it a go...
  • Options
    Ariella wrote: »
    Anyone know the drop rate on the Level 8 cantina battles? I've never tried farming Omega's there but if we actually do get double Cantina rewards at some point today I've been thinking of giving it a go...

2x0 is still 0
  • Options
    sc7606 wrote: »
    Ariella wrote: »

2x0 is still 0
    Are you saying they don't drop at all?
  • Options
    Pretty much - people often talk of spending 1000's of energy and getting 0-1 omega back
  • Options
    Beside the Cantina battles there are enougth and better places to farm omega, imho.

GW, ability challenge, ship ability challenge, daily activity, omega battles and you can buy Omegas in the ship store.
  • Options
    They release so many toons, you will always have bottlenecks.
    Be happy, you have enough credits to level them up to 85.
    Be happy, you can Omega them all.

If you want to Zeta someone's ability, then save your Omegas.

I am glad, this isn't just a no brainer game, where you just level everything up to max (stars, levels, abilities, gear, mods) in a blink.

You just have to make your own decisions. So use your brain, which way you want to go, aka "is this zeta'd ability worth to skip these 3 Omega abilities?"

Or "is this tank better for me to gear, before I gear that attacker?"

• Options
    A character with a zeta ability requires ~36 omega's and 20 zeta's to max their abilites

Omega acquisition rate is only slightly higher than zeta rate yet need almost twice as many omega's vs zeta's

Only slightly higher? I get 7 omegas a week from doing my dailies. The ability mat challenge, on average, drops 3 a week (1 out of every 3 challenges). The zeta challenge gives omegas as well as zetas (in my experience, at about the same rate). So the only way you're acquiring almost as many zetas as omegas is if you are buying zetas at the exclusion of omegas to close the gap.

I am little lower than could be because of acquiring some ship blueprints. But if you look at maximizing zeta acquisition and omega without spending crystals.
    Weekly omega
    1. 7 from dailies
    3. 3 from challenges, being generous here because I don't know what the average is but will say 1 per ability mat challenge day

11 a week for omega's.

Weekly Zeta
    2. Challenges 2. I will say I average 1 per day the challenge is run but many seem to have low rates on these so I will say 2/12 is the drop

8 a week for zeta's

I didn't include omega from ship challenges because I don't see them that often but let's say you get 1 a week from there.

Yes I know it is all resource management, and if you are not getting top in fleet area zeta rate takes a nose dive but looking at maximizing acquisition omega's are more of a bottle neck than zeta's.

Except that's because you are choosing to buy 6 zetas and 0 omegas from fleet shipments. If you split your purchases, you could get 3 zetas and 4 omegas from fleet shipments for the same amount of fleet currency. That change alone would make it 5 a week for zetas and 15 for omegas, or 4 weeks for 20 and 60. It is resource management, so you need to focus on your bottleneck -- if that bottleneck is omegas, not zetas, then you should be buying omegas from fleet.
  • Options
    yeah you're right, but nobody wants to buy omegas from fleet currency. it just feels like a bad deal at the current price.
  • Options
    Or actually make the drop rates on cantina level 8 the same as character shards.

This. I've tried the level 8 nodes multiple times. Never got a single omega. I don't know what the drop rate is, but it's not worth the energy to even try anymore.
  • Options
    Or actually make the drop rates on cantina level 8 the same as character shards.

This. I've tried the level 8 nodes multiple times. Never got a single omega. I don't know what the drop rate is, but it's not worth the energy to even try anymore.

From everything I've heard about those drop rates, I completely agree. However, now that Death Trooper is on one of those nodes, there's at least a reason to farm one, and hope you get lucky and snag some omegas to go with.
  • scuba
    14148 posts Member
    Options

Weekly omega
    1. 7 from dailies

11 a week for omega's.

Weekly Zeta

8 a week for zeta's

Except that's because you are choosing to buy 6 zetas and 0 omegas from fleet shipments. If you split your purchases, you could get 3 zetas and 4 omegas from fleet shipments for the same amount of fleet currency. That change alone would make it 5 a week for zetas and 15 for omegas, or 4 weeks for 20 and 60. It is resource management, so you need to focus on your bottleneck -- if that bottleneck is omegas, not zetas, then you should be buying omegas from fleet.

Agree it is resource management, even previously stated so. I have bought omega's in the past, just can't pull the trigger on it anymore. Like the gear bottle neck I have learned to live with it. It is part of the game. I just found it interesting after looking at data that zeta's are not really the ability mats that are slower to obtain for maxing out a character.

The Omega bottle neck is sometimes a good thing because it keeps me from just throwing out a zeta on someone.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

Weekly omega
    1. 7 from dailies

11 a week for omega's.

Weekly Zeta

8 a week for zeta's

Agree it is resource management, even previously stated so. I have bought omega's in the past, just can't pull the trigger on it anymore. Like the gear bottle neck I have learned to live with it. It is part of the game. I just found it interesting after looking at data that zeta's are not really the ability mats that are slower to obtain for maxing out a character.

The Omega bottle neck is sometimes a good thing because it keeps me from just throwing out a zeta on someone.

Lol - too true. Right now I have about 6k in fleet currency and 19 zeta mats. I'm afraid to by a 20th, as I'll probably do something with that Zeta I'll regret in a week.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Weekly omega
    1. 7 from dailies

11 a week for omega's.

Weekly Zeta

8 a week for zeta's

Lol - too true. Right now I have about 6k in fleet currency and 19 zeta mats. I'm afraid to by a 20th, as I'll probably do something with that Zeta I'll regret in a week.

You'll never regret that Luminara zeta. Never!
  • Options

This
  • scuba
    14148 posts Member
    Options
    CleverWes wrote: »

Weekly omega
    1. 7 from dailies

11 a week for omega's.

Weekly Zeta

8 a week for zeta's

zeta Chewy!!
  • Options
    CleverWes wrote: »

Weekly omega
    1. 7 from dailies

11 a week for omega's.

Weekly Zeta

8 a week for zeta's

zeta Chewy!!

I could have sworn I just fought someone on GW who did that ...