OFFICIAL: Rise Together Event: RETURN!

Replies

• Options
    I'm becoming so frustrated with this game you level up toon they create new toons that make them obsolete. The game crashes weekly at times daily now events and promotions are being deleted on event days with NO IN GAME NOTIFICATION. FOH If we can't depend on anything in the game why play?
  • Options
    TAZZZOOO wrote: »
    CG_RyDiggs wrote: »
    UPDATE 2 AM 4/13 PST

Unfortunately, we will be removing the Event, Packs and all related messaging until further notice.

We (likely @CG_Kozispoon :smile: ) will be posting tomorrow with updates on the event as we move forward.

Thank you all again VERY much for all your passion and support for !

RyDiggs

So are we gonna have to wait another 24 hours to get an explanation on what the heck is going on?

If you read the thread, you would've seen Jesse's comment from an hour ago:
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    The team worked on identifying this issue late last night and will be working on it throughout the day. We'll update you with information once we know more. We're very sorry for the delay in the event and double drops, we know you've been waiting for them.

• Options
    Nightlores wrote: »
    OMG the stress the devs must have now ;)

It is their own fault. It is common sense to push a update when you have staff there to smoketest it instead of doing it at midnight when the bulk of your staff is at home sleeping. Hopefully they learn from their mistake.
  • Cyrus_Ren
    133 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I enjoy every "fail" from the devs because that means free rewards for us. I thanks them for their job. Sh1.t can happen. Plz don't blame them.
  • Kalano
    415 posts Member
    Options
    Servers were up. Did anybody miss rewards/payouts?
    So where is the need for a compensation?
    I always enjoy free stuff, but cannot identify the reason we should receive some.

Before refreshing cantina, check the rewards of the node you want to play. Only 1 shard? Well, definitly no double drops.
    You "wasted" ressources on phoenix? The event was postponed, not canceled!

Be patient . Also the kids have to wait a few more days before getting their easter baskets.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    CG_RyDiggs wrote: »
    UPDATE 2 AM 4/13 PST

Unfortunately, we will be removing the Event, Packs and all related messaging until further notice.

We (likely @CG_Kozispoon :smile: ) will be posting tomorrow with updates on the event as we move forward.

Thank you all again VERY much for all your passion and support for !

RyDiggs

So are we gonna have to wait another 24 hours to get an explanation on what the heck is going on?

EA Jess gave an update less than an hour before you posted. Reading is a skill.

As is looking at the "Possible Rewards" for Cantina drops.

Is this a disaster? Sure - in the sense that they promoted an event that ended up being bugged and had to be postponed a bit.

Is this worth freaking out about? No freaking way. The entitlement and the desire to blame someone (or a group of people) who is doing their best, for a mistake that is trying to be rectified as quickly as possible, is appalling.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Quite a lot of people already spent crystals on cantina refreshes, delaying this update is just not right..
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Kalano wrote: »
    Servers were up. Did anybody miss rewards/payouts?
    So where is the need for a compensation?
    I always enjoy free stuff, but cannot identify the reason we should receive some.

Before refreshing cantina, check the rewards of the node you want to play. Only 1 shard? Well, definitly no double drops.
    You "wasted" ressources on phoenix? The event was postponed, not canceled!

Be patient . Also the kids have to wait a few more days before getting their easter baskets.

So much this. It's true...all of it.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Stefchou wrote: »
    Quite a lot of people already spent crystals on cantina refreshes, delaying this update is just not right..

Neither is blaming others if one cannot simply read "Possible Rewards" before spending crystals...just sayin.

• Options
    I need to know what you will do for me. I had no intention of focusing any resources on the Phoenix Squad save for this event. 20 million credits and the gear to get them to G8. I want it all back to be better spent elsewhere.
    | ☮ Scoundrel ☮ | 635-571-985 "Never tell me the odds." BHG Wakanda Forever
  • WhackyFishi
    114 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    TheScribs wrote: »
    I need to know what you will do for me. I had no intention of focusing any resources on the Phoenix Squad save for this event. 20 million credits and the gear to get them to G8. I want it all back to be better spent elsewhere.

The.Event.Is.Not.Cancelled.Those.Resources.Weren't.Wasted.Because.You'll.Still.Need.The.Characters
  • Yogi
    907 posts Member
    Options
    I'm becoming so frustrated with this game you level up toon they create new toons that make them obsolete. The game crashes weekly at times daily now events and promotions are being deleted on event days with NO IN GAME NOTIFICATION. FOH If we can't depend on anything in the game why play?

The game has never crashed on my device. What third world device are you using?
  • Options

What they will do for you is explain the meaning of "postponed."
  • Options
    Here I was super giddy about double drops and spend 200 crystals for cantina energy and I got *drum roll* 2 shards... (Barris FYI) Wish I had seen this thread earlier :neutral:
  • Options
    I bought refreshes last night so I could use them today for double drops. There are no double drops. So now, I can either spend them and start collecting my free cantina energy again, or sit on them for who knows how long, and not get the free energy throughout the day. It would be nice if there was an estimated time for the double drops, since I'm guessing (I could be wrong) that it's a totally separate thing than the event is. Why can't the double drops work, even though the event doesn't?
    BlasterBabe aka Purple Dana aka The Countess aka DD
  • Options

They didn't make you spend it. Plenty of people didn't spend to get ready for this event. That was your choice. Besides, it doesn't sound like the event is cancelled permanently, just postponed. So, it seems like you're going to have to practice patience with this one, my friend.
    BlasterBabe aka Purple Dana aka The Countess aka DD
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Here I was super giddy about double drops and spend 200 crystals for cantina energy and I got *drum roll* 2 shards... (Barris FYI) Wish I had seen this thread earlier :neutral:

Or you could have looked at "Possible Rewards" and seen that it was still only 1 shard...

• Options
    The people saying they spent their crystals on Catina energy and wanting their compensation should have looked at the Catina rewards first to make sure it showed 2 instead of 1.

In the past I always used my crystals in the morning then the double drops became active later in the day. I knew better than to spend Crystals refreshing when I logged in this morning. Today I waited to use crystals and I will continue to wait until I see double drops go live.

You can't blame the devs on your premature usage of crystals because you failed to look at something before hand. This isn't the devs fault but the fault of the players that used something before looking.

You can't cross the road before looking then when an accident happens you blame the traffic and demand compensation for your hospital bill..sorry but this is your fault not anyone else's.

You never ever ever spend on this game until the actual update goes live.

Better luck next time. Look before you take an action.
  • Options
    Gaintrain wrote: »
    Wasted 100 Crystals for nothing, thanks CG!!! :)

So the energy you bought can't be used? 120 cantina energy will still yield shards. Will it not?

Some of you should really start taking responsibility for your own stupid actions.
  • Options
    Nowhere has it officially said to "check the possible rewards" apart from this thread. New players who have not had double drops before see the message and assume its not a lie/mistake, so they go and spend their energy expecting double drops.
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Options
    Jim17547 wrote: »
    Give it a rest dude.

I read the news, expected to be able to get doubled, noticed a 1 everywhere and decided to look around in the forums. I never trust anything in game anymore.

It's like going to a GW node, seeing opponents with specific gear levels, then facing them in battle where the gear levels are anything but what you see and not knowing which is true.

Visual bugs? Real changes? Doubled or not?
  • Options
    Nowhere has it officially said to "check the possible rewards" apart from this thread. New players who have not had double drops before see the message and assume its not a lie/mistake, so they go and spend their energy expecting double drops.

Assuming is a dangerous game in any part of life....just saying
  • Options
    REM wrote: »
    Jim17547 wrote: »
    If you look at any node the reward just shows 1 shard. You can see what you're getting already. Only your fault that you didn't pay attention

Yes, it's my fault the game informed me the Celebration Double Drops were active and I spent energy on it and it didn't work. Go play in traffic.

the game "informed" you. It informed me too but i still always check to see if shard drop says 2 instead if 1. Of course you know this is an EA game so you really cant trust a newsletter. I'd advise you and other eager cantina energy spenders to check the drop total first.
  • Tygra
    123 posts Member
    Options
    It amazes me how some people talk to others on here. Is it because you parents didn't teach you any respect or because you are trying to compensate for your short comings in real life by acting like a tough smarta** on here? Everyone makes mistakes. That includes developers and people who assume that an in-game message that was referring to an event that was active at the time of the message meant that the double drops were active as well. And this may be a free game to some of you, but the sooner that you understand that those of us who spend real money playing this game is what keeps it going, the better it will be for everyone. Or they could always just put those annoying ads in the game to generate revenue. So it is not an unreasonable request to ask for compensation when we spent crystals, some of which were purchased with real money, to buy energy due to a misleading in-game message. Also, not everyone was around during the last double drop event or obsess enough about a video game to remember details of an event from months ago.
  • Kalano
    415 posts Member
    Options

Assuming is a dangerous game in any part of life....just saying[/quote]

Sooooo true!!!

• TheScribs
    86 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I spent crystals on a broken commitment.
    | ☮ Scoundrel ☮ | 635-571-985 "Never tell me the odds." BHG Wakanda Forever
  • Options
    Well I, for one, as a newer player, didn´t even know that the "Possible Rewards" change when there are double drops. Anyway I don´t expect to receive anything back, even though if I would have known there are not double drops I wouldn´t have refreshed 2 times the cantina. I just hope they delay for tomorrow the drops and they will still last 5 days so I didn´t loose 1 day on top of the crystals.
    The other events I don´t care about since I decided to not activate a rebel in this game ever again, maybe with the exception of Luke, R2D2 and 2CPO, maybe.
  • Options
    Ig88isboss wrote: »
    Will happily accept my 500 crystal compensation. Ty cg.

Requesting compensation is against forum rules now. 1015 posts...you should know this.
  • Taramel
    601 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Or you could have looked at "Possible Rewards" and seen that it was still only 1 shard...

I'm with you on 99% of your posts, I'm a long time player and know to check the rewards to make sure it shows double drops. But in the interest of not jumping to conclusions to fast, I am going to give new players the benifet of the doubt and say they probably did not know that the display would change so just took the announcement at face value and thought it was active..... I know I am always quick to judge people I think are stupid but trying look at it from the perspective of someone that has never seen double drops before and doesn't know how they work.
This discussion has been closed.