40 years Anniversary!!!!

Prev1
This is was a big surprise from Star Wars team developers for giving away a lamest reward ever for such a big celebration in the Star Wars history. Fans all over the world were excited to receive something unique, huge unexpected for this upcoming anniversary and literally it was junk not even complete 7* ships. Really? Very disappointed how EA team threats their fans who spend tons of money in this game and creating collection of their favorite Star Wars characters.
In comparison Final Fantasy on 3 years anniversary gave 10mln credits for next two weeks and rare cards and bunch of other bonus items just to make their fans happy.
The World of Magic gave away non tradable unique items for 7th anniversary,
Even Old republic online provided for their fans better reward then this game.
But this is way ridiculous how for such a big event, gift for its fans was so little, defiantly looks like creators of this project looking only into pockets of all players to see their money rather then to bring celebration to SWGOH...

Replies

• DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah, a whole new upcoming game mode, two upcoming fan fav characters, a bunch of free ships and toons, 6 days of double cantina drops, 500 crystals... just terrible
  • Options
    DatBoi wrote: »
    Yeah, a whole new upcoming game mode, two upcoming fan fav characters, a bunch of free ships and toons, 6 days of double cantina drops, 500 crystals... just terrible

Agreed! I was hoping for chewie shards...
  • Options
    You have to realize, they gave us 500 crystals for their mistake.
  • Options

true to that i was cool with it. I think lil buddy wanted the whole rebel squad and ships 7* .
  • Options

It wasnt a mistake that cost you anything. it was a bonus just to wait a few hours more. Who else does that!? You gotta give the devs some cred. They keep the game going and do give out things.
  • Options
    When The Force Awaken was released bunch of new characters were added, some of them were given for free. At least they could of give us 7* ships. And then what 1k credit for completing those battle again, wow such a big help!!!! Double drops in Cantina, to farm who? All characters who already are 7*? If there were characters rotation in Cantina, then yeah, there would be a point, but to farm same QGJ or Mod Enforcer to 10* no point at all.
  • Options
    We got Bodhi Rook for free too and he's also an easy farm to 7 star.
  • Options
    They gave us plenty. And if you have all peeps in cantina b's just farm omegas or shards... will still help in getting resources. I have a feeling it will be needed. Soon
  • Options

Its 4 days instead of 6 announced where 5 and the first day was bugged
  • Xziin
    24 posts Member
    Options
    Why do people want free **** in every game?
    .... The funnits part is not owning it is the hunt to get your ****.
  • Options
    For the sake of the force...
    How big of an entitled little brat are you, OP?

Let me tell you a little story:

Once upon a time a certain and very nice lady, (lets call her Mrs. Snusmumrik4, mother of OP) wanted to buy a videogame for her ungrateful son! She wrote down the name of the game, doublechecked on the internet and went to the store. The employee was a nice person too, helped the good lady, and she bought the game thinking she finally did something right in her sons eyes! She even had the game giftwrapped! When she came home she immediately ran up to her sons room and gave him the present! He looked at wrapped thing and his mom was filled wity terror! The giftwrap wasnt to her sons liking! She said to herself: "calm down, the wrapping doesnt count, its all about the gift!"! The son started to unpack the gift and when he saw the game he got into a hissy fit! It was the game only and not the special collectors edition containing an extra skinpack for the maincharacter! All hell broke loose! The son, near collapse, demanded his mom return the gift! He started calling her names until she did what the son wanted! The end
  • exec79
    156 posts Member
    Options
    PorMestari wrote: »
    They gave us plenty. And if you have all peeps in cantina b's just farm omegas or shards... will still help in getting resources. I have a feeling it will be needed. Soon

omega never drops in cantina...
  • Options

Once upon a time a certain and very nice lady, (lets call her Mrs. Snusmumrik4, mother of OP) wanted to buy a videogame for her ungrateful son! She wrote down the name of the game, doublechecked on the internet and went to the store. The employee was a nice person too, helped the good lady, and she bought the game thinking she finally did something right in her sons eyes! She even had the game giftwrapped! When she came home she immediately ran up to her sons room and gave him the present! He looked at wrapped thing and his mom was filled wity terror! The giftwrap wasnt to her sons liking! She said to herself: "calm down, the wrapping doesnt count, its all about the gift!"! The son started to unpack the gift and when he saw the game he got into a hissy fit! It was the game only and not the special collectors edition containing an extra skinpack for the maincharacter! All hell broke loose! The son, near collapse, demanded his mom return the gift! He started calling her names until she did what the son wanted! The end

hahaha what a lovely story !
  • Options

Lmao! You captured the essence of the OP so accurately.

OP, get a life man. They gave us a free event we could play over an over again, handed us 2 new ships (seeing as how they gave us the toons to beat half of it), AND gave us crystals and omegas for the inconvienence of not being able to play when it was supposed to be there.

Just because YOU can't farm them to 7* just yet, and just because YOU have every toon in cantina 7*, doesn't mean others won't or do.

Sorry they didn't cater to your needs, OP.

On second thought...not sorry. Cry us a river, then jump in one of those 3* ships they gave us and get over it.
  • Tactyou
    756 posts Member
    Options
    While I disagree with some of the things OP said, if this is the way to celebrate 40th anniversary, it's too shallow. Everything is on line as per plan except the double drop (but I heard only of few players getting omega out of thousand sims so far, of course there's more but still less than 1%). Bring us something more exciting to celebrate the 40th anniversary, not contents but maybe double credit heist, or 50% discount on gears.
  • Options

Such a zavage story
  • Options
    I think they did a good job with the celebration events and prizes. They are giving players a chance to try out the new characters and ships at their maxed out level so players can get a feel for them and decide for themselves if they like the characters enough to try and farm them when they can. On top of that they gave us lower level versions of said characters and ships for free with more to come (yay imperial mandalorians). And to add to the already generous pile of awesomeness, they are giving players a few days worth of double cantina drops to help them farm out the characters they want at a faster rate. I don't see why some of y'all feel like the decks don't do enough for their players. If this was SWFC you would never get this much free ****. They gave one free 5* card that's untradeable and that's it. EA on the other hand said hey let's give all this cool new stuff to players and help them along a bit. Good on you EA.
  • Drax_77
    1076 posts Member
    Options
    Imo they only failed on 1 part, the replayable ship challenge with ghost and phantom was too easy you don't get much of a chance to see their abilities work. Other than that I was happy with everything, I would have been happy with just the double drops in cantina, all the other stuff was just added bonus.
  • Taramel
    601 posts Member
    Options
    I think they did a good job with the celebration events and prizes. They are giving players a chance to try out the new characters and ships at their maxed out level so players can get a feel for them and decide for themselves if they like the characters enough to try and farm them when they can. On top of that they gave us lower level versions of said characters and ships for free with more to come (yay imperial mandalorians). And to add to the already generous pile of awesomeness, they are giving players a few days worth of double cantina drops to help them farm out the characters they want at a faster rate. I don't see why some of y'all feel like the decks don't do enough for their players. If this was SWFC you would never get this much free ****. They gave one free 5* card that's untradeable and that's it. EA on the other hand said hey let's give all this cool new stuff to players and help them along a bit. Good on you EA.

You are mistaking regular events with special events happening due to star wars celebration. The only celebration event they did was double drops. No mention of SWGOH during the panel either wHich is actually what I'm most disappointed about.
  • Sith1
    314 posts Member
    Options

Agreed! I was hoping for chewie shards...

Chewie

• Options
    no big deal. That's what customer service is about.

500 virtual currency is peanuts
  • Options

I did not get Mr. jack where you got OP from, when I barely willing to spend $50 on this game per month when top players whom I know, on my server spend from $3,000-$5,000 a month on this project. I play with players who has all characters gear 11 and 7* when my Barris not even 5* and and lvl 1 and gear 0. But maybe for you I am OP, not a problem. But let me tell you a same story as you started.
    Our Mr. Jack, was hired to the company and been working there for a year and for his big luck world wide successfully growing multi billion company was celebrating 40 years anniversary. So to make a Mr. Jack happy, CEO of the company provided its employees with gifts, for another 5 days they will receive extra $15 bucks a day, moreover, they will have a chance to win in the lottery half of the prize, but second half they will have to buy it or hope to get it for free later. And most amazing top prize is that you will have to work daily to recieve 15 tokens a day, so after you will have 360 tokens, you will receive 1 day off at Hawaii.
    In little comparison, Boeing company was given $5,000 to every employee on Christmas, every single year, but Mr. Jack is looking forward to receive his 5 days bonus and maybe half a lottery prize.
    It is not about how big prize is, or how big is your reward, but how well you been threated by the CEO of the company and how they show respect toward you Mr. Jack.
    Honestly, I was hoping to receive something unique for this anniversary which does not happen this often. Amount the money people spend on this game is crazy, you can find it on forum, but reward is worthless.
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    Options
    There are more important things to get grumpy about.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    It's not necessary
    However I would love something unique, that only is available for the anniversary, it could be a totally useless toon maxed geared 7* with no attacks or skills, just to show in my roster that I was here when it happened
    But CG is a small studio so they're probably don't have the time to do something like that
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Options
    @Snusmumrik4
    I bet your a millennial
  • Options
    By OP in this context, they mean original poster...not overpowered
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Options
    Everyone else calling OP a millennial or entitled, you've obviously never played any other top App Store games competitively. As much money as this game makes, the giveaways are astoundingly cheap, not to mention few and far between. He gives perfectly good examples of great annivesary rewards and I have to agree. 500 crystals was support, never a gift. Double drops are a joke with garbage drop rates. Bodi is garbage, two new toons won't be here until May and June so how are they anniversary gifts?, the Phoenix events were a snooze for the past 1.5 months. As huge as Star Wars is and as much money as this game rakes in daily (~$100k), the lack of content and giveaway incentives are embarrassingly low.
  • Options
    What two new fan favorite characters are coming? Must have missed that.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Tactyou
    756 posts Member
    Options
    Roken_Fett wrote: »
    What two new fan favorite characters are coming? Must have missed that.

Slave leia and hoth leia