PSA: CHECK YOUR CRYSTAL COUNT AFTER MISSION ENERGY RECHARGE!

Replies

• Options
    Yup, I'm noticing it on my android account
  • Options
    I too can confirm multiple instances of overcharging on the second refresh
  • Options
    Checked last night, it was fine here. Can't be bothered to check every time I refresh. I hope devs compensate everyone some if they find the bug is there.
  • Options
    [quote="I hope devs compensate everyone some if they find the bug is there. [/quote]

Right.... Just like they compensated us for the Borrow A Hero bug? I'm still waiting for my thousands of Ally Points when "You and an ally earn 20 AP" was still being displayed. I guess opening a ticket just to baffle customer service with the English language was my reward.
  • Options
    I can also verify this. It says 50 but takes 100
  • Options
    Yes it i,'d like my 50,crystals back too..
  • Options
    I noticed aometimes you can press the Refresh twice. It will load energy twice at the correct rates, but if you didn't plan to soend that, well, you just did. I will check if the deduction is the correct ine tonight...I don't expect errores, would be very suprised if it happened!
  • Options
    I noticed aometimes you can press the Refresh twice. It will load energy twice at the correct rates, but if you didn't plan to soend that, well, you just did. I will check if the deduction is the correct ine tonight...I don't expect errores, would be very suprised if it happened!

but i think people would notice if they suddenly had 240 energy? I know i would
  • Options
    Hey everyone,

Wanted to give an update that we are still looking into this. One thing to remember is whether or not you did a refresh earlier in the day (like I just did). I went to refresh a second time and saw it cost 100 instead of the expected 50, but then I remembered that I had done a refresh once about 8 hours earlier in the day.

I'll report back here again tomorrow if we find anything else out.

Thanks.
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • Options
    Hey all -

Our QA team tried to reproduce the case where the second refresh is showing it will cost 50 crystals but is actually charging 100.

They were not able to reproduce it.

If you feel you have experienced this, please log a support ticket. On the home screen, tap the Gear icon in the upper left and then tap Contact Us.

That will be the fastest way for us to get to the bottom of this.

Thanks.

As a side note, we have a working theory that the perception of this might be caused by the fact that the attempt to refresh the energy is not a "blocking" step. Meaning, the game doesn't stop other activities while processing this request. A possible side effect could happen if you requested the refresh a second time while the first request is being processed. That could result in you getting two refreshes instead of the one you intended. We are looking into trying to get that step converted to a blocking step.
  • Options
    Ok, hopefully I remember to note and take screenshots of energy after midnight tonight and see what happens. Thanks for the reply. Hopefully I didn't absent minded refresh once before going to sleep "early" which was after midnight heh. I don't think I refreshed until morning, doubting my memory now lol
  • Options
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

Wanted to give an update that we are still looking into this. One thing to remember is whether or not you did a refresh earlier in the day (like I just did). I went to refresh a second time and saw it cost 100 instead of the expected 50, but then I remembered that I had done a refresh once about 8 hours earlier in the day.

Thanks.

Thanks for the update. I do all of my refreshes within about a 5 minute span in quick sequence when I farm mission shards in the morning. Try it all at one time and I'm confident you will eventually experience the anomaly. I was hoping you guys had a way to check crystal expenditures through player data. You would see that at approx. 8:30 am yesterday there was a sequence of crystal purchases for 50-100-100-100 in rapid succession. In any event I am now recording my refreshes so I or perhaps someone else will be able to provide visual proof. My ally code is 888-897-352.
  • Joe_Bruin_420
    159 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Hey all -

Our QA team tried to reproduce the case where the second refresh is showing it will cost 50 crystals but is actually charging 100.

If you feel you have experienced this, please log a support ticket. On the home screen, tap the Gear icon in the upper left and then tap Contact Us.

Thanks.

As a side note, we have a working theory that the perception of this might be caused by the fact that the attempt to refresh the energy is not a "blocking" step. Meaning, the game doesn't stop other activities while processing this request. A possible side effect could happen if you requested the refresh a second time while the first request is being processed. That could result in you getting two refreshes instead of the one you intended. We are looking into trying to get that step converted to a blocking step.

Thanks for the update. I'm not sure I understand your theory correctly but on my 1st refresh I only receive 120 energy, and then it's asking for and taking 100 crystals for 120 energy on the 2nd. Sorry if I didn't quite get the gist of your hypothesis. On a separate note I filed a ticket (22308412) on 1/28 as well as in the bugs section of the help center the first time I concretely caught the issue. Should I file another ticket for yesterdays incident? Thank you.
  • xxgozitaxx
    38 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

Thanks.

@EA_Jesse

Wait can you clarify this? I thought the refreshes were supposed to be 50/50/100/100/200/200 . What you are saying that it is intended to be 50/100/100/100/200/ 200 ?

At least that's what i got from your post; That is you refreshed FIRST at 50, and then your SECOND refresh was 100. So this is the abnormal behavior we are talking about. I am under the impression it is supposed to be 50 for both your first and second refreshes.
    Hey all -

Thanks.

@CG_JohnSalera

I think you are misunderstanding the issue. It is not that it shows 50 crystals, it in fact shows 100 crystals when it should be showing 50 crystals and charges us for that 100.

In my above response to EA_Jesse you can see what i mean. I think a little clarification is in order. Is it supposed to be 50/50/100/100/200/200 OR is it supposed to be 50/100/100/100/200/200?

As far as i can remember it's been the former since i started. However recently i have been seeing the latter. This is where the confusion and possible bug stands.
    Post edited by xxgozitaxx on
  • Options
    Meh, I tried this today and ofcourse I don't get it.
    All these bug and flaws, never seem to be the victim of one. In this case I should be glad but now I really think OP made a mistake (wouldn't be the first time someone made a mistake in checking).
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Options
    CronozNL wrote: »
    Meh, I tried this today and ofcourse I don't get it.
    All these bug and flaws, never seem to be the victim of one. In this case I should be glad but now I really think OP made a mistake (wouldn't be the first time someone made a mistake in checking).

It's not a mistake if numerous amount of people are reporting the same thing. And just because you haven't been the victim of it does not mean it doesn't exist.
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    @xxgozitaxx
    True but in the last 2 months I've seen all kinds of (ridiculous) claims go by. Players their tickets being closed without a proper response seems to me like fishing for some freebees. It's not hard to reply to this topic claiming you also suffer a crystal loss, hoping for a compensation.

People like to be compensated and will lie in order to get it. I take this into account just as much as it could be a valid bug. Still strikes me as odd that maybe a small percentage of players are noticing this but the majority isn't. Like the Vader glitch, people do or say stuff to get an advantage.

PS: also a lot of people confuse this with cantina crystal recharges. Read through the whole post and find out 50% didn't even know about certain refreshes. Easy to jump on the compensation train..
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    @xxgozitaxx
    True but in the last 2 months I've seen all kinds of (ridiculous) claims go by. Players their tickets being closed without a proper response seems to me like fishing for some freebees. It's not hard to reply to this topic claiming you also suffer a crystal loss, hoping for a compensation.

People like to be compensated and will lie in order to get it. I take this into account just as much as it could be a valid bug. Still strikes me as odd that maybe a small percentage of players are noticing this but the majority isn't. Like the Vader glitch, people do or say stuff to get an advantage.

i wasn't going to say anything, but i guess i will now. before this thread started, i rarely if at all, saw posts go up about being charged an extra 50 crystals for the second refresh. as soon as this thread popped up, people started to claim it happened to them with lines like, 'no wonder i was losing crystals slowly' without any prior claims.

weird, isn't it? my crystals have been used up exactly as they should be, without being charged any more or less
    mighty chlorians
  • Options
    It's a classic example from my experience how EA customer service works. Like here in this thread Jesse just reproduced this bug and John post below saying that they cannot reproduce this issue. We all your beta testers, you not treating as a customers.
  • Options
    @reizse
    That's not sarcasm mode is it?
  • Options
    AdamSky wrote: »
    It's a classic example from my experience how EA customer service works. Like here in this thread Jesse just reproduced this bug and John post below saying that they cannot reproduce this issue. We all your beta testers, you not treating as a customers.

Eh? Read again please, Jesse didnt reproduce the bug.
    No problems here with energy refills.
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    @reizse
    That's not sarcasm mode is it?

no, this is how i feel about this thread in general. i think players will do whatever takes the smallest amount of effort for some extra compensation. if it all it takes is a little whining and jumping on the bandwagon to claim they missed out on some crystals due to refreshes not working as intended (yet, not ONCE ever before this thread ever said anything about it, aside from the OP), people will do it. smh.
    and yes, i acknowledge that just because i didn't experience it, doesn't mean it's not happening, but the sheer number of responses here where there was no prior precedent is almost shocking
    mighty chlorians
  • puppyCasey
    208 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Anyone post Video proof? Or 2 **** !screen shot with time stamp ?

I would be interested in 50*60 crystals reinbursement:)
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    that's why i posted earlier to john and jesse hoping it wasn't a wild goose chase
    mighty chlorians
  • AdamSky
    73 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

So in your opinion it's ok to spend 100 crystals for the second refresh?
  • Options
    @reizse

Ah thanks and that's indeed how I feel about it as well. I'm not denying this issue and I believe OP saw his crystals do something weird but there are so many factors that have to be taken into account.
    Same with the purchase of crystalpacks. Saw some topics about players not getting the crystals they buy, it never got confirmed nor "compensated". Nobody is complaining about it anymore.
    Word I hate most on this forum is "compensation" with a close 2nd on the word "nerf" :)
  • Options

So in your opinion it's ok to spend 100 crystals for the second refresh?

"Hey everyone,
    Thanks."

I admit he didn't really write it clearly. But I think he means he refreshed 3 times that day. So the third refresh costed 100.
  • Joe_Bruin_420
    159 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    So here's the thing and I can only speak for myself. What I am sure of is that I've been charged an extra 50 credits numerous times for my 2nd refresh. In the beginning I wasn't sure myself so I didn't make an issue of it until I was able to confirm it by refreshing and then checking my crystal balance. It doesn't occur everyday and will sometimes take a couple of weeks in between incidents (though it does seem to be occurring more frequently). If people who are experiencing or think they may be experiencing this issue take video of their refreshes we can come to have visual proof of this bug much sooner.

@CronozNL I can understand your skepticism but I am not mistaken and I doubt everyone who has responded about the same thing happening to them is lying. If you haven't been affected by this glitch then that's great but the bottom line is I am getting overcharged crystals and I don't like that. I've downloaded a screen recorder and will be recording everyday and I highly suggest for others in my same boat to do the same.
  • Options
    @Joe_Bruin_420
    That's the best thing to do. Tape it! If something like that would happen to me I would have certainly posted it with a vid. Also don't forget I said I do believe OP (you :P) and what you experienced.
    Just too many people wanting to jump on the bandwagon.
  • Options
    Not trying to derail the post, but I've been keeping track of my crystal counts as well as every other reward unit the last 3 days. I have not been able to reproduce the crystal "overcharge," but sadly today in gw I was awarded 200 gw green crystals and only received 100. I would be keeping my eyes on these as well.