RIP Poe... Welcome the Era of Speed Leadership...

Prev13456
oTradeMark
393 posts Member
edited February 2016
Welp... speed leader abilities now work turn 1. Welcome the era of +Speed leaders. The picture below shows Old Ben going before Poe:
fb485a27700393c40c0ff48e94cd6809.jpg

4ac4d7c99a5c22d80794d30d2729df6c.png

PS... I don't think this makes Poe irrelevant, it just gives the ability for dozens of characters to now reach tier 1 speed before Poe, which when combined with his turn meter reduction was his main issue prior to this update.

PPS... I'm also not stating that this change is beneficial for the game. The speed/damage meta that is currently in the game will only be amplified. But what it will do is diversify top level team compositions as there are more teams that can now reach tier 1 speed and take turn 1 advantage over the enemy team.

PPPS... Apparently QGJ's speed bonus is currently bugged and was giving more speed than intended to Jedi's, so Old Ben will most likely not go before Poe after tomorrow's update. Several Jedi will still reach tier 1 it just won't be as strong as we initially thought:
EA_Jesse wrote: »
Hey Everyone,

Turns out we did find an issue that was giving Qui-Gon Jinn too much bonus to his speed on his leader ability. We're still working on this but it should be fixed in tomorrow's update.

Thanks for all of the reports!

Relevant Info: Right now these leaders will increase speed for specific character types:
  • QGJ - 23 speed for Jedi
  • Ackbar - 23 speed for rebels
  • Lando - 13 speed for scoundrels
  • Asajj - 26 speed for nightsisters
  • Lobot - 23 speed for droids

AND THE MOST OP CHARACTER OF ALL TIME:
  • Grand Moff Tarkin - 26 speed to empire allies
I can't wait to use my OP team of Grand Moff Tarkin / Veers / Vader / Royal Guard / Stormtrooper... They will all go first and deal a whole 200 damage to the enemy team before dying!
GamingUpgrade.com - Gaming Guides | oTradeMark - YouTube Channel | Team iNstinct - Guild
Post edited by oTradeMark on

Replies

• Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    LOL.
    Nerf QGJ :p
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    Welcome to the next meta.. Still speed..on ROIDS
  • Options
    What characters benefit the most from this?
  • Options
    I run QJ and Ben and I really can not complain about this at all. :)
  • Options
    J7000 wrote: »

yep...
    GamingUpgrade.com - Gaming Guides | oTradeMark - YouTube Channel | Team iNstinct - Guild
  • Options
    never been happier to have a 7* QGJ, hes always been my fave in the game but this is just the icing on the cake!! its more fair this way anyway and this is how it always should of been, absolutely no reason why a speed boost would not take effect on the first turn
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    Options
    the whale QGJ led Jedi teams with yoda are going to be unstoppable in about 48 hours
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Is this deliberate or a bug? It wasn't in the release notes was it?
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    Options
    ....not hating, just jealous
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    J7000 wrote: »

At least the one Poe show is over.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    oTradeMark wrote: »
    gives the ability for dozens of characters to now reach tier 1 speed before Poe, which was his main issue prior to this update.

Poe's speed was not the issue. It was his ability to manipulate the turn meter of the opposing team. But, I'm undecided on this change though.
  • Options
    I hope it's a bug. Before Poe let his team go first, now X speed leader will. Not so much had changed.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Nightsisters get a huge buff too, Daka will act (and stun) in tick7
    I guess Lobot becomes an option for droids.
    STHan +Ackbar is going to be nuts too.

What else? Any other (useful... don't want to read about Tarkin as there are no viable Empire units yet)?
  • pay2win
    624 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Gurley30 wrote: »

Jedi, Rebel, Droids, Empire, and Night Sisters.
    Jedi by far though since QGJ is easy to farm and a very good character to begin with.
  • Options
    So we switch from whose Poe goes first to whose Ben goes first? Nice
  • Options
    Doesn't QGJs leadership apply to all allies at a certain level? 80? Maybe.
  • oTradeMark
    393 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Gurley30 wrote: »

Tons of team compositions benefit from this. Most notably Qui-Gon Jinn at lvl 80 will be able to improve the turn 1 speed of every character in the game.

Right now these leaders will increase speed for specific character types:
    • QGJ - 23 speed for Jedi
    • Ackbar - 23 speed for rebels
    • Lando - 13 speed for scoundrels
    • Asajj - 26 speed for nightsisters
    • Lobot - 23 speed for droids

AND THE MOST OP CHARACTER OF ALL TIME:
    • Grand Moff Tarkin - 26 speed to empire allies
    I can't wait to use my OP team of Grand Moff Tarkin / Veers / Vader / Royal Guard / Stormtrooper... They will all go first and deal a whole 200 damage to the enemy team before dying!
  • Options
    It would have been fair if this major change had been in update notes.
  • Options
    this change might make Poe a little less useful, but in the end I think its good for the game as a whole, now instead of everyone just using Poe, people might use QGJ, or Lobot, or other characters that increase speed, this change will open a ton of new team possibilities so how can that be a bad thing?
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Triqui wrote: »
    STHan +Ackbar is going to be nuts too.

Yay, not jumping the Poe bandwagon and sticking to Han might pay off!
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    Options
    It's going to be f2p Poe teams vs QGJ p2p teams, only shot f2p is if Poe goes first and then take out QGJ
  • Options
    hahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh, this is glorious. Did Jedi just return to the meta?
  • Options
    Telaan wrote: »
    gives the ability for dozens of characters to now reach tier 1 speed before Poe, which was his main issue prior to this update.

Poe's speed was not the issue. It was his ability to manipulate the turn meter of the opposing team. But, I'm undecided on this change though.

It's obviously his speed; If he was the slowest character in the game his reduce turn meter and taunt wouldn't even matter.
  • Options
    This is the "No Poe" everyone has been asking for.
  • Options
    Doesn't QGJs leadership apply to all allies at a certain level? 80? Maybe.

According to swgohcantina.com it does
  • Options
    I'm so tempted to post a nerf QGJ thread lol

"nerf nerf" the creature peered around the long dead AT-AT and his focus fell on poor QG...

The end?
  • Rogan_Ban84
    1415 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Where's the Mr burns meme when you need it.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options

Not accurate. it was the sum of both. Plenty other chars could manipulate turn meter in several ways, yet they didn't have Poe's impact, as they couldn't do it before the enemy acts. This changes a lot of things.

I'm not sure if this has fixed the meta, or broke it more, but a thing is sure, Poe-centric meta is dead. Now Poe is one of several options to act. QGJ+Ben, Ackbar+STHan, Lobot+Droids, soon QGJ+Yoda, and plenty others, will shake current meta status quo.
  • Options
    Still doesn't change much IMO. Poe will still rule the galaxy.
  • oTradeMark
    393 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

Correct, but his turn meter manipulation is not that big of an issue if he isn't tier 1 speed. If he had 142 speed he wouldn't be nearly as powerful. The issue with Poe was that he potentially allowed his entire team to go before the enemy team had a chance to take a turn.

I updated the PS note just for clarification.