CG you lowered drop rate in the update didn't you LOL.

I usually don't complain about drop rate, I understand it's probability and also understand purple mat has low drop rate.
But I just refreshed energy twice, that's 40 pulls on darkside 3A, for this lousy low-end mat, I got ONE, 1 out of 40. Seriously, ****.

Oh please don't preach it's just bad streak, I have pulled this mat enough times before, it's been almost 50% drop rate. Something is drastically different today.

2zq62hk.png

Replies

• Zetto
    178 posts Member
    Options
    Had a similar experience with a couple of green cuff thingies yesterday. Tried a few times, 0 drops. It's just RNG.
  • Options
    There has been no change to the drop rates, but Ony deep breaths more.
  • Options
    bbmiLo wrote: »
    I usually don't complain about drop rate, I understand it's probability and also understand purple mat has low drop rate.
    But I just refreshed energy twice, that's 40 pulls on darkside 3A, for this lousy low-end mat, I got ONE, 1 out of 40. Seriously, ****.

Oh please don't preach it's just bad streak, I have pulled this mat enough times before, it's been almost 50% drop rate. Something is drastically different today.

2zq62hk.png

I just got 6x kylo pulls in a row from Cantina. IMO they buffed drop rates.

See what I did?
  • Options

See what I did?

When you get 40x Kylo in a row, then yes I get your point.
  • Options
    Drop rates seem fine to me. I just attempted the same mission as you mentioned. I got 5 out of 9 attempts.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    bbmiLo wrote: »

See what I did?

When you get 40x Kylo in a row, then yes I get your point.

That would be ok, if drops had 50% drop rate. Which they don't. It's much much much much much easier to get 40 die rolls of 1-5 in a row, than 50 sixes in a row.
  • Options
    Here we go again..
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Options
    I hate it when people just chock it up to RNG... The fact that it is a remote possibility that you can go 1/40 means the drop rate is way too low to begin with. Yes, there is some bad luck to begin with, but bad luck off 1/20 would take you to 1/40. It is too unrealistic to think 1/5 could end up in 1/40 with bad luck.
  • Ultimatox
    5 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    They probably havent changed the drop rate. However what they have done is increase the number of items needed to equipm on gear level 8 to double. Yes that means you need 100 chiewab mk6 hypo syringes for lumi/sid now instead of 50

EDIT: and it went back to normal. This seems to be a newly introduced visual bug luckily!
    Post edited by Ultimatox on
  • Options
    What a shame EA :(
  • Options
    Eebers wrote: »
    I hate it when people just chock it up to RNG... The fact that it is a remote possibility that you can go 1/40 means the drop rate is way too low to begin with. Yes, there is some bad luck to begin with, but bad luck off 1/20 would take you to 1/40. It is too unrealistic to think 1/5 could end up in 1/40 with bad luck.

If you do the simple math it's 0.2*0.8^39*40 = 0.0013
    So 0.13% chance or slightly more than 1/1000. It's bad luck for sure, but not unrealistic. If it happens again the next few days, you might have a point.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Ultimatox wrote: »
    They probably havent changed the drop rate. However what they have done is increase the number of items needed to equipm on gear level 8 to double. Yes that means you need 100 chiewab mk6 hypo syringes for lumi/sid now instead of 50

That's a huge change, and not very fair for those who didn't rush to gear 8 because they choose to gear8 different chars at 7.
  • Options

lol you are on my server, fought you couple of times.
  • Options

No they didn't.
    548-145-651 | Playing since Dec 28th (:
  • Options
    Eebers wrote: »

And that particular piece isn't 1/5, its more like 1/2.
  • Options
    had 100+ energy and pulled 17 times, for the same piece, in DS 4H this time.
    0 for 17.

Yes I know, bad luck right? LMAO.
  • DarkAgeOutlaw
    31 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    With literally millions of people playing this game every day there will be many people that have a 1/10,000 run of bad luck. Nothing here is out of the ordinary. **** happens.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    With literally millions of people playing this game every day there will be many people that have a 1/10,000 run of bad luck. Nothing here is out of the ordinary. **** happens.

Hi, I had crap luck on a patch date. BETTER MAKE A POST IN THE FORUMS
  • Options
    I cant speak for equipment but today I pulled 5 shards from 6 attempts on a Lobot node.
  • Options
    I suggest switching farm or stopping for awhile before farming.

I used 2 refreshes and only got 4 pieces. Its just RNG