Android update

Prev13
System
246 posts EA Administrator
This discussion was created from comments split from: Game Update - 5/1/2017 : Comments and Questions *** MEGATHREAD***.

Replies

• Waez
    286 posts Member
    Options
    There is a 6.6 MB update for the game on the Play Store. Anyone knows what this this about?
  • Waez
    286 posts Member
    Options
    Did the update, new loading wallpaper it seems.
    It's also downloading another 91 MB in-game, not sure why.
  • Options
    Waez wrote: »
    Did the update, new loading wallpaper it seems.
    It's also downloading another 91 MB in-game, not sure why.

Huh
  • StarSon
    7477 posts Member
    Options
    Coworker has one too. Nothing on iOS. Wonder what it is?
  • Options
    Crap it is the CUP rework
  • WarGuy101
    184 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah awesome new loading screen
  • Georgemi6
    1236 posts Member
    Options
    WarGuy101 wrote: »
    Yeah awesome new loading screen

Can you screen shot it? I'm iOS...
  • Pxwer
    100 posts Member
    Options
    Screenshot_20170501-21150401.png
  • TheMegaSage
    393 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Hmmm. Logging in to the store now.

No description of the update. The What's New section still shows the "squad config/increase combat speed" update. Interestingly (?), at the bottom of the page it says it has 10 million+ downloads.

Probably just prepping for the R2 event.

*EDIT*
    3 mb download going to the ship area. 2 MB going to ship challenges. 2 going to guild area.

New button on challenges says "Complete" now in bright green.

That's about all I see.
  • Options
    Pxwer wrote: »

What did they change besides the loading screen
  • Antares
    686 posts Member
    Options
    Jedi luke again! I hope he comes soon...
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    I'm on Android and have no update - strange?
  • Options
    Boo wrote: »

Try hitting 'refresh' in the Play store under your apps. My update appeared after I did that.
  • Options
    They removed the placeholder in the ships section
    Dark side and light side battles the main picture changed to include jyn kernic
    After you complete a challenge all the times for a day it now say complete instead of time left until the day is over
  • Options

Try hitting 'refresh' in the Play store under your apps. My update appeared after I did that.
    You live in the US or Japan
  • mutimloh
    141 posts Member
    Options
    No new characters, no added Trooper changes, some Omega battles in 4 days (not sure if they were there before the update). There must be some more stuff under the hood.
  • IvoB1987
    495 posts Member
    Options
    First change i noticed was that challenges now say complete instead of the time until next day when you're finished
  • gunff
    287 posts Member
    Options
    in the challenges and ship challenges it now says "Complete" instead of a timer counting down. that's only thing I've noticed so far.
  • Options
    IvoB1987 wrote: »
    First change i noticed was that challenges now say complete instead of the time until next day when you're finished
    Mine has been like that for ages
  • StarSon
    7477 posts Member
    Options
    For 110MB there's GOT to be more in the update. @CG_Kozispoon or @EA_Jesse care to chime in with the update notes?
  • Options
    No upgrade here either. I'm in cet.
  • Options

Facebook_CoverPhoto.jpg
  • Options

Facebook_CoverPhoto.jpg
    Kay thanks my friend said it was Asia's version
  • StarSon
    7477 posts Member
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    For 110MB there's GOT to be more in the update. @CG_Kozispoon or @EA_Jesse care to chime in with the update notes?

Not necessarily. Could be in-game assets for future things, or simply some small QOL changes that aren't visible.

So, there's not necessarily more in the update, but there could be more in the update?
  • Waez
    286 posts Member
    Options

Not necessarily. Could be in-game assets for future things, or simply some small QOL changes that aren't visible.

So, there's not necessarily more in the update, but there could be more in the update?

What I meant is that it won't be announced or revealed because it's not currently relevant.

Though I understand my wording was confusing.
  • StarSon
    7477 posts Member
    Options

What I meant is that it won't be announced or revealed because it's not currently relevant.

Sure, and ditto. Not sure they'll necessarily tell us what it is, but at 110MB there's a lot there that isn't currently visible. My money is on it being the work for the new game mode.
  • Waez
    286 posts Member
    Options

Sure, and ditto. Not sure they'll necessarily tell us what it is, but at 110MB there's a lot there that isn't currently visible. My money is on it being the work for the new game mode.

That or the Imperial Trooper update, though I don't know if that could be so big.

Since it's in the game, we'll probably get a datamine anytime soon.
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

Digging the new wallpaper. Looks like they're axing Bespin Luke as a playable character, and only doing Jedi Luke, which is a great idea. (also, A-Wing!!!!)
    As for the 6.6mb, it's probably new events, characters, ships, etc. Expect a datamine soon.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • AKHatbloke
    171 posts Member
    Options

Facebook_CoverPhoto.jpg
    +1 lol
  • Georgemi6
    1236 posts Member
    Options

I noticed grevious is on the new loading screen... maybe his rework will be soon?
This discussion has been closed.