Do you like the new Shard Shop Exchange Rate?

Replies

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    No, it's rubbish. CG must improve it.
    If you're going to rely on shard exchange to get a whole new character, you need to wake up to reality. That's not what its for. It's a SUPPLEMENT. It's for people sitting on useless extra shards. If you're grinding shards just to have extra in the hope you'll get a new character, STOP IT. You're going to hate yourself

Read before you post, there is going to be a shard shop exclusive character.
  • Options
    Yeah but I went from sitting on useless shards to sitting on useless shard exchange credits.

Don't see how it's changed.

Only 6 random toons. Only refreshes every 24 hours.

At this rate. It will take me a year to even spend the exchange credits I have now. And that is if I'm willing to just throw away credits on toons just for the heck of it.

Either change only 6 toons offered, or change the 24 hour refresh timer. Actually needs to change both.
  • Options
    If you're going to rely on shard exchange to get a whole new character, you need to wake up to reality. That's not what its for. It's a SUPPLEMENT. It's for people sitting on useless extra shards. If you're grinding shards just to have extra in the hope you'll get a new character, STOP IT. You're going to hate yourself

They've announce a character coming this month that will only be available through the shard shop

• Options
    Nauros wrote: »

Read before you post, there is going to be a shard shop exclusive character.

That we know nothing about. A little premature. And if it takes half a year to grind, so what? So will lots of characters. Vader is the same.
  • Options
    Yes, it's fair.
    You got zero for them before.... Be happy you're getting anything.
  • Options
    Let me put this way: every time I pull a mega pack I end up with JC shards, which I have at 7*. Instead of putting some guarantee that that shard won't drop they add this shard shop. And the rate I can switch this 12 shards is 1:10, or almost 1, which is the same I get regularly on bronze, which btw is free. Doesn't this fell like CG is saying my money is worthless?

Is a fine rate for GW, bronze pack or whatever, but treating my data card purchases the same way isn't going to make fell appreciated.
  • Options
    oTradeMark wrote: »
    I don't have an issue with the 10:1 exchange rate. What I have an issue with is that CG values all shards equally and exchanges all shards at a rate of 1 shard for 15 shop coins.

Chromium exclusive characters require A LOT of money to 7*. Characters like FOTP/Rey require A LOT of time / refreshes to 7*. To say that an Old Ben shard is the same equivalent as a Lumi/Sidious shard is a slap in the face to anyone who has invested a lot of time/money/resources into maxing difficult to acquire characters.
    No. Before this update all extra shards had exactly the same value. Which is to say that all extra shards had no value at all. They were useless.

And now they give your extra shards value and you are complaining that it doesn't privilege paid players enough? I mean the feature was made for whales. It is whales that will get the most value out of the shop regardless. And you still want them to double up that advantage.

I mean c'mon man don't ask them to screw over the other players even more.
  • Dashboard
    229 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I don't know.
    I personally am mixed (just as my vote states).

The bad: The exchange rate is atrocious, the random characters with a daily refresh (DAILY) is slow and painstakingly random. Let's not even mention the amount of time it takes for players to actually get anything out of the shard-shop in the long run.

The good: The positives of the shard shop has me leaning towards liking it more than disliking it. I feel as though the exchange rates are not that bad. We are NOT supposed to over farm characters. For pay-to-players that is a different story, I understand. You want to upgrade said character but get shards for a maxed out character instead must suck. Yet, it is how it works. I stopped buying Chromiums myself when I felt I had enough unique characters and believed spending Crystals on energy refills would be wiser.

I am not insinuating that my path was the smart move. All I am saying is that it was my move. Bottom line is that the ability to DO something with your excess shards is appreciated.

Speculation: Could one consider it being an exploitative manner to over farm characters in Squad Arena and Galactic War daily on purpose in order to accelerate progress towards a other character using the shard-shop? No, not at its current state, that's for sure, because we have two things preventing us from doing so.
    - Daily Refreshes.
    - Harsh exchange rates.

I believe the shard shop should be a way for us to be rid of excess shards, and it fills that role well. However, to further support "the bad", I feel as though the shard shop should have all characters listed simultaneously. That and a 12-hour refresh rate. That would in my opinion me the perfect optimization of the new feature. The exchange rate is fine.
  • Options
    Abyss wrote: »
    Just fyi i did all the dif math on this shard shop in my post. But basically if u cash in on arena and GW daily for 25 total extra shards per day to exchange it takes 132 days to unlock a toon at 4* and get them to 7* (good luck with whatever the shard shop only toon is) 132 days is just absurd for 1 toon. The exchange rate of 10:1 is horrible

It's an spit in the face. Just think u spend an hour on 15 GW shards
  • Options
    10:1 is a pretty steep ratio... That's 1000 shards needed for the 100 you need to 7* a character. Seems impossible to rely on it as your only way of collecting certain character shards. That exclusive shard shop character should have a different rate or else it would cost 3,300 shards to 7* the exclusive character! (330 shards to 7* any character x 10:1 ratio)
  • Options
    I see the bigger problem as max 2 shards per day on random characters. It won't be terribly useful and will be atrocious if they don't have a separate mechanic in place for shard shop only characters. I assume shard shop only toons will be available daily, otherwise it would be a truly pointless feature, but even daily you are looking at almost 6 months before you see the first 7* version of this character. I get that they want to give the game longevity, but unless its a real game changing character, that just seems way to long for one toon.

Now, I'm pretty comfortable that a shard shop only character will be available daily. Contrary to popular opinion, I happen to think the devs actually know what theyre doing. Now, what i'm not as certain of but suspect, is that the unique toon will be available daily and we'll be able to purchase 3-4 shards per day, allowing the toon to be maxed in about 3 months.

If not, I'll take my previously useless shards and when a toon pops that I still need shards on, I'll buy them in the store.
  • Azraelrulez
    1908 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Yes, it's fair.
    I guess most people with excess shards are voting rubbish, and rightfully so. I understand the anger.

Me, I had just 6 extra. I voted fair for a few reasons.

One, anyone spending on Chromiums to the extent of having excess shards knew they were buying into a game of chance. They were getting useless shards but still went ahead as long as they found it worthwhile. Whatever we're getting now is an unexpected bonus. Where I come from, unexpected good fortune is usually accepted without making a face or crying its not enough.

Two, a much higher ratio would imbalance the game much more between P2W and the rest. Spam away at collecting shards from low energy requirement nodes.

Three, it doesn't really affect the whales as much as you might think. Except for the exclusive toon, there's nothing in the shop for you. Free energy coming up and you can just farm normal nodes to get that exclusive toon at a much lower cost than Chromiums. Edit: I'm assuming all of you rank quite high with your cash only top toons thus more free crystals. I'm not comparing per crystal cash cost.

Don't worry, guys, the whales among you still have the advantage. Doesn't look good on you if some of you cry you want more value for your hitherto useless Princess shards. You'll be able to more than make up for it by farming useless shards, which all of you complain you already have too much of.

The occasional spenders like me are the saddest of all. Those few excess shards we have are meaningless. F2P never got anything out of Chromiums so they can see this as one of the same. Nothing to see here for F2P,move along :lol!
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options

Perhaps you need to wake up to reality because per the devs, thats exactly what its for lol. Later this month they are releasing a new toon that will be exclusive to the shard shop. Thats the only way to aquire it sooooooooo 3,300 shards exchanged for 330 shards (100 days+) you too will hve a 7* version of this mystery toon
  • Options
    Shard shop more worthless than I expected, and I predicted a 10:1 or 12:1 ratio

To unlock a one star shop exclusive character will be 100 extra shards to get them to 4* will be 800 extra shards, this game doesn't have the number of extra shards that other games like this do. F2P players will never use this at all. But this was to be expected.

What really sucks is this. Waiting for the character you actually want to be in shard shop will take forever and you can only by 2 at a time. Not sure what the refresh rate is, but you might miss it while at work, lol

Was really hoping for a conversion tool to whatever hero you want

I've spent a lot on this game, but only have 38 extra, so I can buy 2 shreds, and for now this is the most worthless addition ever
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • Fher
    188 posts Member
    Options
    Yes, it's fair.
    I think the shard shop is an addition to everything we already have. It should not be considered a main source to promote heroes. I think the exclusive character (s) should be obtainable by other means.

The shard shop should be there to assist with those heroes that you're just a few shards away from maxing them, for instance there was someone around here that said they had like 64/65 shards on Darth Maul. The shard shop allows for completions of these type of sets. It should be intended to compliment shard completion, not to be the primary method to do so.
  • Options

The problem is they are going to release a shard shop exclusive character, utterly useless except for the very few ultra whales that spent a gazillion. That character will never be used by any but the top .1% of spenders. Complete waste

"I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • Options
    Fher wrote: »
    I think the shard shop is an addition to everything we already have. It should not be considered a main source to promote heroes. I think the exclusive character (s) should be obtainable by other means.

The shard shop should be there to assist with those heroes that you're just a few shards away from maxing them, for instance there was someone around here that said they had like 64/65 shards on Darth Maul. The shard shop allows for completions of these type of sets. It should be intended to compliment shard completion, not to be the primary method to do so.

Hmm... How many excess shards do you havehave?
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Yes, it's fair.
    I think the price is right, maybe a bit too high. But 5:1 was not going to happen. The thing that I find more strange is that you have to pick shards from a random bundle. Many whales aren't going to find that attractive. I suspect the exclusive character is going to be pretty good, and always there to purchase, or otherwise this doesn't make sense
  • IM_UR_UPGRADE
    223 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    At this rate it will take about 3k shards to get the new shard exclusive character to 7*, which is just ridiculous. Or if they are going to leave it as is, then make the character a little farm through nodes or cantina/holotable but with shard store giving the most possible shards
  • Options
    I don't know.
    I haven't had the chance to use it yet, but a flat exchange rate is almost never the answer. I think a value system on the rarity of shards to convert to the currency would be a better option. Just as example 1 Phasma shard = 100 credits, but 1 Landeau shard = 500 (just as a simple simple example). The purchase rate could be flat, like 50 currency for 1 shard.
    Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!
  • Options
    Should have been 5 to 1
  • Options

It wouldn't be so bad if packs didn't keep giving you shards from characters you have at 7*. As in the shop was more for the other sources.

As it is i have to stop supporting the game not because i dont want to but because there is no choice. When packs give mostly shards for the ones i have 7* then there is no point.

I feel that the shard shop itself is fine as it is if they remove it so we don't get the 7* shards from packs anymore.
  • Options
    I hope you take it to them @EA_Jesse as i like spending money on this game.
  • Options
    Well, I am over $4k in one month and honestly the shard shop sucks. I've been playing for only one month and this is a ridiculous ratio for a player that spends money in this game. Im about to leave this game soon.
  • Options
    The shard shop, as it is currently set up is pretty much useless to every level of player:

1) Whales - already have most of the toons for the shards offered.

2) Dolphins - same problem as whales + not nearly as many shards. Maybe as an occasional "top off" - but the P2P players have all already figured out that the Chromium packs are simply a bad investment once you have a decent number of characters already on your roster.

3) F2P - lol. IF they have any 7*, they certainly don't have a decent enough number of shards to do anything with in the shop.

The 10:1 ratio is bad. The "no refresh" is bad. And the "only 6 characters - and some might be the ones you already have 7*" limited selection just makes this a big waste of everyone's time. Sadly, it was much ado about nothing. Nothing practically useful for anyone anyway.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    xJazzx wrote: »
    It's 1 excess shard for 15 currency

This means 10 excess of your excess shards beyond 7* for 1 chosen shard.

10 traded shards get you 1 shard!

Should be 3:1.
    IMHO, once a toon hits 7*, it should even come up in Bronzium or Chromium packs anymore. It's like a punishment for completing the toon or double dipping - ugh.
  • Options
    I don't have an issue with the 10:1 exchange rate. What I have an issue with is that CG values all shards equally and exchanges all shards at a rate of 1 shard for 15 shop coins.

Chromium exclusive characters require A LOT of money to 7*. Characters like FOTP/Rey require A LOT of time / refreshes to 7*. To say that an Old Ben shard is the same equivalent as a Lumi/Sidious shard is a slap in the face to anyone who has invested a lot of time/money/resources into maxing difficult to acquire characters.

Shards are not equal and as such they should not be converted equally. Some players have 50,000+ shard shop coins. **** are they going to spend that on? Even with a shard shop exclusive character, it only refreshes once per day. It's going to take half a year just to use their current coins, let alone the coins they get in the next 6 months.

QFT.

Come on, devs, you can do better than this.

As for those saying this was made for whales, that's pure rubbish (unless they make adjustments). A lot of the soft launch folks here have 7* sids, lumis, jcs, etcs.
    Just from arena, cantina and GW alone, it is possible to farm more than 20 shards a day.
    That, is if you are lucky enough to have anything to even trade for.
    In the mean time, keep farming those shards, since most won't have anything to exchange for in arena and GW.

It was a idea, just not very well executed. It was a pity that the communication to the player base was we would be pleased with the shard shop.
    As the poll suggests, we are not.
  • Options
    I am disappointed in that I cannot use my 75 shard shop currency. I had 5 extra shards (accumulated gradually via bronziums), and now after conversion I cannot receive even one single shard of any character in exchange.

Don't think it's reasonable to farm extra shards for 1:10 conversion, as there are many other characters not at 7* yet.
  • Options

Shards are not equal and as such they should not be converted equally. Some players have 50,000+ shard shop coins. **** are they going to spend that on? Even with a shard shop exclusive character, it only refreshes once per day. It's going to take half a year just to use their current coins, let alone the coins they get in the next 6 months.

QFT.

Come on, devs, you can do better than this.

As for those saying this was made for whales, that's pure rubbish (unless they make adjustments). A lot of the soft launch folks here have 7* sids, lumis, jcs, etcs.
    Just from arena, cantina and GW alone, it is possible to farm more than 20 shards a day.
    That, is if you are lucky enough to have anything to even trade for.
    In the mean time, keep farming those shards, since most won't have anything to exchange for in arena and GW.

It was a idea, just not very well executed. It was a pity that the communication to the player base was we would be pleased with the shard shop.
    As the poll suggests, we are not.

+1 but its worse seee the fact they allowed packs go keep giving the 7* shards and then bugger us with shard shop 10:1.

It means that packs are not worth it at all so not sure what to spend money on but it is definitely not worth it here now.
  • Options
    I'd like to know why when I buy a chromium pack, exclusive heroes are worth more than non-exclusive heroes, but those shards are worth the same in the shard exchange. Tarkin shards are not equal to Jedi Consular shards.
This discussion has been closed.