Will Darth Nihilus Get A Nerf?

Prev13
Not sure if DN is WAI or currently bug since all his skill bypass tenacity check. Meaning all his skill land 100% no matter what the opponent tenacity level is at. Is this address in the bug colum and how soon they plan to fix it?

Replies

• Options
    It's *probably* WAI, however i dont think there has been any confirmation/denying
  • msb14
    301 posts Member
    Options
    Not sure if DN is WAI or currently bug since all his skill bypass tenacity check. Meaning all his skill land 100% no matter what the opponent tenacity level is at. Is this address in the bug colum and how soon they plan to fix it?

I disagree. I've had his unique resisted plenty of times. And his cooldown increase isn't a negative status effect so it isn't affected by tenacity or potency.
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Force drain is only 50 percent without debuffs... 100 percent on toons with a debuff. It can be evaded or deflected, but tenacity isn't involved at all. Works as intended.

Annihilate works on a cooldown.... (No revives with omega, can't be evaded or resisted) Works as intended

Dispel never involves tenacity.... It can be evaded though. So his basic also works as intended.

No bugs involved. He's got an amazing kit.

DN's kit works on different principles. It doesn't involve potency or tenacity at all.
  • Kitch
    171 posts Member
    Options
    I recall Kozi saying it had been flagged to the devs for them to investigate/make a decision. For those saying it isn't a debuff, you are correct, but neither is TMR, yet tenacity is a factor there.

I like it as it is now, so I hope it doesn't change
  • Darksouls2020
    368 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Kitch wrote: »
    I recall Kozi saying it had been flagged to the devs for them to investigate/make a decision. For those saying it isn't a debuff, you are correct, but neither is TMR, yet tenacity is a factor there.

Me too I spent 2 months building a team around him. DN Lead is one team comp that I can beat triple team consistanly. If they ever change that then for sure Rex Tenacity up will make DN usless.

His kit is so good he can be use off the bat at 3* and his gear requirment is super easy too.
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    Options
    It could be changed to ability block that can't be dispelled/resisted but that wouldn't be as cool, I would leave drain force as it is for now
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    Options

No.
  • Options
    Kitch wrote: »

It better change
  • Options
    Nothing should bypass resistance mechanics. That's how it works and what balance needs and Sith meta will surely end when they'll fix Nihilus.
    Overpowered toons are a good way to make profits i guess, better nerf them afterward than balance them at launch...
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Options
    What about foresight then? Why is it by passed by all the unavoidable skills?
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    Options
    Turn meter removal used to not be affected by tenacity but they changed that. It's up in the air whether they will change this, but I believe they will end up changing it.
  • Darksouls2020
    368 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

Good read put if enough people complain they will nerf it with tenacity check.

Look at alll the bugs fix lately. From zader to chaze.
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    If they do change it they better get rid of the only 50 percent chance with no debuffs! And just make it 100 percent chance that's resistable. Drain force does very little damage. And it's the only way to lessen the enormous cooldown. Otherwise a nerf like that would make him unusable. That would cause a huge backlash and frankly would really suck. It would also eliminate one of the only decent counters to Chaze, Rex and gk. With their tenacity up.
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    Options
    Chaze isn't really nerfed. The uniques not sticking after death is not a big deal.
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    Options
    DN is not nearly as difficult to face as Chaze, Rex teams and gk. If you don't want them to be even more unstoppable you'll think twice about asking them to change it.
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    Options
    I don't think it was a bug. I think they tested him and tweaked it that way on purpose. He needs it unless they reduce the cooldown on Annihilate.
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    He's also practically as good minutes a few thousand health at 3 stars as he is at 7 stars. Almost no difference. Everyone has access. The whales have almost no advantage with him. He's a ftp way to counter some of the whale teams. Just gear him up and use him! Don't make a great toon terrible.
  • Options
    Nothing should bypass resistance mechanics. That's how it works and what balance needs and Sith meta will surely end when they'll fix Nihilus.
    Overpowered toons are a good way to make profits i guess, better nerf them afterward than balance them at launch...

Right, and if ten up blocks nihilus drain force, you've take away 100% cd increase (against debuffed toons) and replaced it with 100% resist. How's that for balance! Come on man, don't get wrapped in the detail and forget the bigger picture... CG shouldn't be changing the game in such a way as to make Rex more powerful than one of the most powerful force users in the game, and render nihilus completely irrelevant.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • Options
    The issue with DN is the symptom. The way tenacity up works is the disease. Other "up" (or down) buffs (and debuffs) add or take away a percentage of an exising value. Tenacity up is really "debuff immunity". If you change it to work like the others, now both tenacity mods to (increase character tenacity) and potency mods (to combat that) become much more relevant.

Either change it to work like that or make it work like foresight were it nullifies one debuff and then goes away. Actually that might make an intersting new ability for a character to throw out one time debuff immunities like GK does foresight.
  • Options
    Depending on how they fix this, it may also affect Deathtrooper as well. If cooldown increase is affected by tenacity. Deathtrooper's grenade won't increase cooldowns all the time on unbuffed enemies.
  • Options

The should get rid of tenacity up guaranteed to resist turn meter reduction then
  • Options
    Why would he possibly get a nerf? He's not OP and is currently one of the most well balanced toons available
  • Options
    Why would he possibly get a nerf? He's not OP and is currently one of the most well balanced toons available

"Dispell on basic, unavoidable OHK ability, and delaying cooldowns is balanced"
  • Options

He's not the only dispel in basic, and its only target affected, delaying cool downs is strong but not unavoidable, and unavoidable OHK is minimum 2 turns into a battle. Yeah, I'd say balanced.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options

They had to balance Chaze somehow. "Oh shoot, we made these rebels indestructible, you can't even kill them in 5 minutes and can't stack debuffs on them and they'll counter attack you."
    "Oh hey what if we just give someone a OHK ability every 8 turns so if you last long enough the other team dies even if they're indestructible?"
    "Genius!!"

But in all seriousness, looks like they're going to be balancing the new meta toons off of Chaze and Nihilus for a while. Don't think either of those are going to be nerfed, and if they were going to nerf something directly, they would've done it a while ago.
  • Theophany
    865 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Darth nihilus is 1 of 3 characters that dispels on basic the other 2 being fac and plo and plos dispel is rng based.

His basic when maxed can reduce the cooldown of drain force by 1 when you dispel a buff and having drain force at max gives it a cooldown of 3 after use.

That alone is OP within itself not taking into account that Drain Force doesn't go through a potency vs tenacity check which it should be.

Drain Force applies a negative status effect to a toon being a cooldown increase. A negativeness status effect isn't limited to a debuff, it's simply something that changes the status/state of someone or something which effects them in a negative way.

Debuffs
    Tm Reduction
    And yes cooldown increases

Just because it's new does not mean it shouldn't fall under that category.
    Some of the brightest ideas are the hardest to see
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Theophany wrote: »
    Darth nihilus is 1 of 3 characters that dispels on basic the other 2 being fac and plo and plos dispel is rng based.

His basic when maxed can reduce the cooldown of drain force by 1 and having drain force at max reduces its cooldown to 3.

That alone is OP within itself not taking into account that Drain Force doesn't go through a potency vs tenacity check which it should be.

Drain Force applies a negative status effect to a toon being a cooldown increase. A negativeness status effect isn't limited to a debuff, it's simply something that changes the status/state of someone or something which effects them in a negative way.

Debuffs
    Tm Reduction

I feel like I remember TMR used to not go through a Potency/Tenacity check way back when, but I could be wrong.
  • Theophany
    865 posts Member
    Options
    Vertigo wrote: »
    Theophany wrote: »

His basic when maxed can reduce the cooldown of drain force by 1 and having drain force at max reduces its cooldown to 3.

Debuffs
    Tm Reduction

I feel like I remember TMR used to not go through a Potency/Tenacity check way back when, but I could be wrong.

Correct it didn't go through a potency/tenacity check till they fixed that issue and now it does because it's considered a negative status effect
    Some of the brightest ideas are the hardest to see