Dont nerf chaze, rex is the problem

2Next

Replies

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    DarthSalsa wrote: »
    I know chaze is the most op duo in the game but the master piece of the triple cleanse team is not chaze,DN or GK is rex why because his leader make is this team possible

Oh! The team is quite possible. I run it myself and I also face it daily.

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    DatBoi wrote: »
    [..]
    Rex has been around since aurodiums, easily farmable for months, and isn't a rebel but now that he's a viable counter to most of the new "OP" toons, he needs a nerf?

Because he makes possible play with no faction synergy that is cancer really bad for the game.

Many toons can be played with no faction synergy:

GK, Kylo Ren, EP, DN, Sun Fac, Boba Fett, Barriss, B2 in arena and also Teebo and friends in the Pit. Do you really believe they are all 'cancer [and] really bad for the game'?

Don't be silly!
    Without generic rex restince, empire, fo, jedi and clones gonna be better more diversity arena is good also rex is good for rancor so is no a big nerf

Jedi and FO already ARE competitive in arena. Only few people have put the effort and ressources into them, however.

Empire's weakness is not Rex. Many factions beat them easily. Even droids massacre them.
    Also chage rex L makes jedi great they gonna have 100% of the leader effect

LOL! And drop QGJ's lead? Yeah, right! That's going to bring more diversity, I see....or something.

You REALLY need to come up with better reasons. Stop being silly.
  • CT5032
    55 posts Member
    Options
    Waqui wrote: »
    [..]
    Rex has been around since aurodiums, easily farmable for months, and isn't a rebel but now that he's a viable counter to most of the new "OP" toons, he needs a nerf?

Because he makes possible play with no faction synergy that is cancer really bad for the game.

Many toons can be played with no faction synergy:

GK, Kylo Ren, EP, DN, Sun Fac, Boba Fett, Barriss, B2 in arena and also Teebo and friends in the Pit. Do you really believe they are all 'cancer [and] really bad for the game'?

Don't be silly!
    Without generic rex restince, empire, fo, jedi and clones gonna be better more diversity arena is good also rex is good for rancor so is no a big nerf

Jedi and FO already ARE competitive in arena. Only few people have put the effort and ressources into them, however.

Empire's weakness is not Rex. Many factions beat them easily. Even droids massacre them.
    Also chage rex L makes jedi great they gonna have 100% of the leader effect

LOL! And drop QGJ's lead? Yeah, right! That's going to bring more diversity, I see....or something.

You REALLY need to come up with better reasons. Stop being silly.

Exactly.
  • IdraRage
    259 posts Member
    Options
    Chaze is OP. Rex is only arguably so. His prominence is still largely based on the fact that he is the direct counter to Zaul, who is still a significant factor in the arena. He is not the best light side leader against any team though. Wedge is probably a better leader when not facing Zaul. But Chaze is the reason for the emerging light side dominance, and all the top-tier teams have him right now.

There may be an issue with too many anti-crit characters, and Rex is the biggest example, but that is another issue and doesn't make him OP overall.
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    Options
    Why is that chaze, rex, bla.. bla.. etc.. is that ur team so weak that u have difficulties with them. Change team, try new combination until it work.. Jezz :(
  • Options
    This cracks me up. People complain to no end about the power creep, all the new "OP" toons, how many rebels are in the game, how expensive the new toons are, etc. Rex has been around since aurodiums, easily farmable for months, and isn't a rebel but now that he's a viable counter to most of the new "OP" toons, he needs a nerf?

he is easily one of the most utility toons out there (which is a good thing) and these people would rather see zMaul v. zMaul
  • Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member
    Options
    Awful thread, awful idea. That Chaze defense though.
  • CT5032
    55 posts Member
    Options
    This cracks me up. People complain to no end about the power creep, all the new "OP" toons, how many rebels are in the game, how expensive the new toons are, etc. Rex has been around since aurodiums, easily farmable for months, and isn't a rebel but now that he's a viable counter to most of the new "OP" toons, he needs a nerf?

he is easily one of the most utility toons out there (which is a good thing) and these people would rather see zMaul v. zMaul

Yes. Nerfing rex is like killing f2p
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    if you could chose to replace one of your enemies toons with CUP, who would you replace?.
    Omg yes this, i can see it now "epic corruscant underworld pass" game changing CUP rework with a few hours of utube hype yes yes yes
    "and i will show you ... where the iron crosses grow..."
  • Options
    Okay, everyone:

stop feeding the troll.

@Mageduckey please close this thread.
  • Options
    Seriously, this is one of the more ridiculous threads I've seen. Rex is hardly OP. He's a problem if you run teams that rely on debuffs to be successful; if you use something else, he's easy. Jedi teams, especially with a zQGJ lead can demolish Rex teams with ease. I know; I do it every day in arena. I LOVE to see Rex teams.
  • Bulldog1205
    3573 posts Member
    Options
    As I've said before, the current meta in this game is TM gain. Rex is included in this, but it's not him alone. It's the best way to battle whales with ridiculous speed mods. Rex is a problem because he not only gives tons of TM gain but can cleanse and prevent future debuffs that would counter TM gain. And that aren't many counters to TM gain anyways.

This is why I would love to see a support character who gains TM when enemies gain TM. Make a counter that doesn't rely on keeping an enemy debuffed.
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    Options
    Rex is weak, he just has a good leader and great abilities. Rex is one of the most balanced characters in the game.
  • js4
    129 posts Member
    Options
    once they start nerfing characters that are working as intended it'll be time for a max exodus: there will no longer be any incentive to invest in any particular powerful character because there's no telling if your efforts will all be in vain or not. as it is now the combo is powerful but none of the characters are unreachable for anyone and they're certainly not unbeatable.
  • Options
    Okay, everyone:

stop feeding the troll.

@Mageduckey please close this thread.

Silence those you disagree with? Classic
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • Vos_Landeck
    1666 posts Member
    Options
    I don't have any problem beating Rex teams in the arena.....but I don't run a Zaul team either.
  • Options
    I don't have any problem beating Rex teams in the arena.....but I don't run a Zaul team either.

Exactly. Rex has counters, but people who liked dominating with their Zaul teams struggle with him. So, instead of adapting, why, they scream to "nerf Rex!" Almost every team has a counter; all you have to do is find and develop it.
  • Options
    I know chaze is the most op duo in the game but the master piece of the triple cleanse team is not chaze,DN or GK is rex why because his leader make is this team possible
    I propose the following change for rex leader
    -Remove the all allies
    -now only jedis and clones get benefited of leader

Nope. Neither needs a nerf. And even if they did, Rex would not be the one who needs a nerf. Rex is only an effect of Zaul having been OP.
  • Options
    I propose the following change for rex leader
    -Remove the all allies
    -now only jedis and clones get benefited of leader

Nope. Neither needs a nerf. And even if they did, Rex would not be the one who needs a nerf. Rex is only an effect of Zaul having been OP.

Not true. In my top 26, there is only 1 maul (L), but 11 rex(L). Don't tell me those 11 Rex leads are there to counter the 1 maul. That's laughable. Needless to say, my shard has unequivocally proven your statement false. That Rex is there to counter maul, because without maul, it follows Rex would go away, but.... That' s not happening. Rex is still on my shard, because Rex counters speed mods, not maul.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • Options
    Rex chase do not need a nerf they need a great zeta upgrade
  • Options
    3591514.gif
  • Options
    Iirc, what's being said is 10% HP and 7.5% TM when an ally is crit is game breaking because it applies to anyone... OK... Maybe the character's just a good leader.
    We better Nerf others too, I mean, we can't have Lumi and Bariss being generalist leaders either, able to give some bonus to non-faction allies, I mean, otherwise it'd be game-breaking, with them able to give bonuses to a squad of a With, a Resistance, and two Rebels.
    Rex's lead doesn't do much for non-Clones, the HP doesnt do a lot in the bursty meta, as Protections most of the HP, and 7.5 can add up, but by then you're usually either down a man, or two and done, or healed up and overpowering your foe.