The Galactic First Order Players Discussion

Replies

• Options
    Maul lead is still an RNG fest.

Until people sheep-off to the next best thing FO will struggle on OFFENSE.

So frustrating
  • Options
    Hello fellow First Orderians. I'm pretty close to finishing up the squad, just got FOTP to 7* last week, with FOST at 21/100. Phasma and FOTP are at G10 and the others G9.

I'm slowly saving up Zeta's from the fleet store, as well getting close to having my 5* ships ready for the Zeta challenge.

Did anyone have any success running FO in the arena before house Zeta'd Phasma? I managed to break into the top 20 with a hybrid of Boba, STH, Phasma, Kylo and FOTP, but it didn't last and I've been sitting 20-30 since then. I'm not overly concerned with arena rank, but it would be nice to bring some First Order representation to these heathen Sith and Rebels.

Also, has anyone had success with modding your squad for something other than speed? I was thinking if it wasn't possible to get FOO fast enough to go first, maybe giving everyone tenacity and protection would help them last through the initial volley.

Here's the crew: https://swgoh.gg/u/tharduskafka/
  • BeWary
    367 posts Member
    Options
    Also, has anyone had success with modding your squad for something other than speed? I was thinking if it wasn't possible to get FOO fast enough to go first, maybe giving everyone tenacity and protection would help them last through the initial volley.

Welcome to the forums! I have a fair amount of tenacity on my toons, FOO included sitting @ 66%. He still gets stunned and ability blocked a LOT. As far as I'm concerned, tenacity never helps unless you have the Tenacity Up buff (obviously).

If I were you, I'd probably focus on protection with speed secondaries. Against Zaul teams, FOO almost never goes first, but it's still good to have speed on FOO.
  • david6
    1 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    So I'm getting close to starring and gearing my FO squad for the Arena but don't want to get slaughtered by everyone and their mother using Zaul. Would Rex help solve the issue, or at least help, with Zaul in the arena?
    Post edited by david6 on
  • Options
    The good news is that you can beat some Maul teams, you don't need Rex. who would you replace? FOO is the only option, but you would be foolish to drop him.
  • BeWary
    367 posts Member
    Options
    Now that I have my GK at G11, I modded him with some speed and prot. For the last couple days I've fared better in arena by replacing FOTP with GK. The extra cleansing is definitely helpful when facing Maul teams, but sometimes I miss the extra punch that FOTP provides. Of course, a lot of his punch is when he crits, and lately there's not a lot of crits happening between Maul's lead and GK's buffs. Not to mention the annoyance of having Zarris around.
  • Options
    So, I know alot of FO users are on older shards, and the consensus seems to be the you need at least Phasma zeta'd to compete in the arena. However, if you are in a younger shard ( I started last fall, but this account is on a Dec 16 shard), the First Order seems fairly competitive. Hopefully this may inspire some folks to try out their First Order squad, even if you end up having to switch back. I was pleasantly surprised to say the least.

I had been running a hyrbid First Order/Scoundrel team and almost managed to break into the top 10, but was quickly beaten back down to 20-30. After a week or two of not falling that much, but not having the speed to beat the teams above me, I decided to bring out the full First Order, just to try it. I got FOO up to 219, and decided to lose the tenacity mods, instead opting for more protection.

Since making the switch, I"ve broken out from 28 up to 14, beating a full R1 squad, Nihls lead squad with Dooks and SithTrooper, a Cody lead clone team, and an Empire team. There are even some Wiggs teams still clutching at the fading glory. The are only a few Zaul teams in my arena, so I realize that I have it easier than most, but it's actually kind of cool how diverse it is.

Anyway, the point is that if you've been holding off on trying FO in your arena, give it a shot. There's nothing like getting that perfect opening turn, where you stagger the TM gains, and end up taking 2 or 3 turns before the enemy can even respond.

And then FOO does pinning shot, and you can do it all over again. Truly glorious...
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    You guys see the new Vanity Fair covers?

star-wars-cover-2017-VF-02.jpg

Looks like in addition to Hux we could get a new Phasma (with spear) and Kylo.
  • Options
    Aero wrote: »
    You guys see the new Vanity Fair covers?

star-wars-cover-2017-VF-02.jpg

Looks like in addition to Hux we could get a new Phasma (with spear) and Kylo.

Nice! I was wondering when we would actually get to see Gwendolyn Christie. Was a bit surprised they kept her hidden the first time around.
  • Options
    She has a very good mean face! >:)
  • Options
    I run a full FO team (Dec 2015 shard), with everybody 7* and G11, and everybody but the FOTP zeta'd. I sit nicely around level 50 most nights, but with a lot of variance. Some days I get up to the high 20s before dropping to the 40s by payout, and some days (*cough* today *cough*) I start out having dropped into the 80s, and I have to fight up hill and hope I don't have to fight Maul to get my wins.

Anyway, my pet project is an R1 group. They are interesting, and pretty much the exact opposite of FO. Instead of huge DPS and crazy assists, they live forever, can be rezzed, and debuff/expose to whittle the enemy health down. As an aside, I am *really* looking forward to unlocking FAT (Fulcrum Ahsoka Tano) - I think zJyn, Cass, Chaze, and FAT is going to be huge in the arena.

I now have Baze at 4* and G11, and Chirrut at 5* and G10 (possibly getting to 11 in a week or so). I tried them in two arena battles, with Phasma, Kylo, and FOTP, against Zaul leads (I HATE Zaul), and won 1 and lost 1. Still better than I do normally against those teams.

So, to get to the point of my question ... does anybody run a mixed FO team with Chaze? Who do you use, and who do you drop? Any advice on if this is more or less effective than full FO?

Merci.
  • lamatoe
    131 posts Member
    Options
    I have been thinking about trying this myself. I have maxed FO also with 4xzeta. Teams are so tough now I'm finding things difficult on offense in top 20 now.
    Could you try baze with fost and see how that works? 2 tanks to protect fotp. I'm interested as will try this myself soon.
    Cheers.
  • Options
    So Phasma, fost, fotp, kylo, and Baze? I'm not sure about that ... Chirrut brings a lot to the table with that duo (dispell, ten up, heal). I'll give 'er a go tomorrow though, when I have a full 5 attacks again. :)
  • lamatoe
    131 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah Zaul teams feel so cheap with the constant dodging and crit immunity under stealth. Which they always are.
    Dropping Chirrut against Zaul... no probably not a good idea. But against other teams I wonder if fosts assists, tm gain plus taunt will allow fotp and Zylo to operate and survive. . I find that FO don't mind being debuffed too much as their job is to hit hard. Daze being a massive exception. So as long as you can stay on a TM roll which Fost helps with and take the heat off your dps toons... it may work out. Maybe.
    Also Zaul is fast disappearing from my shard so its Rex everywhere. FO is a decent counter purely based on damage.
  • Options
    It seems everyone on my shard figured out how easy FO is to beat. I start the day in the mid 70s, win all 5 and climb up to 28-30 or so, drop down to 60 by payout, and drop back to the mid 70s by the next morning.

My current pet project is a Veers and imperial troopers team. If I was smart, I would be gearing up this infuriating GK comp one guy on my shard has for a defensive team. GK (L), Zarris, Rex, R2, and B2. They just won't friggin die.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Better to have a fun team and finish lower I say.

My current strategy facing Barriss is to get her to have crit immunity then try to knock her out first.
  • Options
    So I tried a few arena fights this morning with Phasma, Kylo, FOTP, and Chaze. The first two fights were against zeta Maul teams, because zeta Maul is at infestation levels in the 40 to 80 range. It feels like 35 of the 40 teams are all zeta Maul.

Anyway, I'm able to get my Chirrut up to 220 speed (not great, but good enough in that range ... sometimes), so I cherry picked those teams where he would go first. Tenacity Up = brilliant. Watching daze, stun, and Vader dots POOF made me happy. I went 2 for 2 in those fights ... although I will admit Zylo was the star of the first one, bringing down Vader and Savage, 1 against 2. But those would have been losses with my normal FO team.

So in my third fight, happily, I came across a full FO team. I kind of knew what to expect, but just to put it out there ... my hybrid team got ROLLED. Baze was down by turn 2, and the flurry of assists was way too much to handle. Even those Chirrut went first, without any debuffs to worry about all he could do was lay a minor hit on FOTP before the rest of the team laid into me. It was ... a massacre.

number5a.jpg

My fourth fight was against Maul, a buncha sith, and ... Sith Trooper. HOLY CRAP! Sith Trooper was *insane*. I could barely dent his protection with my team. If fighting the FO team was a slaughter, this was ... well, it was a word that means "even worse than a slaughter".

RogueOne_HP-1.jpg

My FOTP was poking him for 4k damage. Baze was stunned and didn't even get the chance to go once. Nihilus made it so Chirrut never got the chance to get his dispell up, and Kylo was annihilated. I'm going to have nightmares about this one.

Anyway, point is that I think my two day dalliance with a mixed FO squad is over. My assessment - Chaze + 3 FO is good against Maul ... if Chirrut goes first. But there is so much synergy being given up, so many assists lost, TM manipulation gone, that against other teams, dropping FOST and FOO is too big a hit.

Also, as an aside, I think Phasma is the weak link in trying to hybridize a FO team. If, say, Kylo had a leadership ability that made it feasible to drop Phas, I could see something like Kylo, FOO, FOTP, Chaze being a stronger team.

Maybe I'll try that tomorrow ... it just feels REALLY weird to run a team without an actual leader ability, and I'm pretty sure you'd be literally begging people to attack you in a line up like that.

Eh, c'est la vie.
  • Options
    On offence a full FO team is preferred against the triple cleanse teams. On defence I hold best swapping out FOO with Kenobi. And against those Maul team swapping out FOO and FOST for kenobi and R2 works well. This can allow me to get 1st on an active payout November 15 shard if I have the time at payout. There is another on my shard using kenobi to replace FOO that holds first for hours every day but at a less active payout.
  • 9r33d0
    492 posts Member
    Options
    On offence a full FO team is preferred against the triple cleanse teams. On defence I hold best swapping out FOO with Kenobi. And against those Maul team swapping out FOO and FOST for kenobi and R2 works well. This can allow me to get 1st on an active payout November 15 shard if I have the time at payout. There is another on my shard using kenobi to replace FOO that holds first for hours every day but at a less active payout.

Interesting team. I like it.
  • Options
    You guys must be doing something different. I've had less success running hybrid FO squads compared to a full FO squad. I ran them for a full week in arena as a trial and found it viable for top 4 payout regularly. However, I did find myself using all 5 attacks to hold overnight rank in the teens. With my Rex squad, I would occasionally stay in top 10 woth only 1-2 attacks.

I have Zetas on Phasma, Kylo, and FOST currently. Zeta FOST makes a huge difference for assists.

For mods I tried something new and focused on offense (other than TP). For Kylo, I had speed at 195, 40k protection, over 3200 on offense, and 72% Potency for stun lock. FOTP, Maxed Crit damage, 25k protection, speed at 155. FOST, 48k protection, 2950 offense. FOO, speed 241, 22k protection, 3000 offense. Phasma, 38k protection, 180 speed, 3000 offense.

I found Zaul squads incredibly easy especially when it was full sith with Sith Trooper. Crit hit them all with Kylo, take trooper out with your massive offensive onslaught. I found the amount of damage output is very high even with plain offense mods. If there is a opening, take Emperor down quick due to his stun. Then I choose the rest as I pleased.

Rex I've found more difficult. If GK/shoretrooper were in the squad then it was easy, if they were not then it was tough. Crit immunity is the squads worst enemy. Offense onslaught by FO thrives on rapid damage.

I've swapped back to my Rex squad because I enjoy sitting in top 10 overnight but I 100% see them as viable for top 50 and getting top 5 for a payout.
  • Options
    So as an update, I spent some time and rejiggered mods for my hybrid team. Magic stick man now has 226 speed and Baze is bringing 25k HP and 60k Protection. None of these values are particularly impressive, but it's working. What I find interesting is that while offense is a wash, with my full FO team probably a bit more powerful, I do *not* drop as far at night on defense. On my FO team, I'd easily drop 25 to 40 spots most days on defense, but with my hybrid squad, it's maybe 10 to 20 levels.

I'm not sure if this is just a product of an evolving meta, but my hybrid stays between 50-70, whereas my FO is between 50 and 90.

It's also interesting/frustrating, but 50 has become a roadblock for me. As I start getting closer to that mark, I start facing more and more squads with off the wall speed. As I don't run a triple cleanse team, if I miss tenacity up, I generally get wrecked.

Anyway, I still enjoy FO, I use them a WHOLE lot, and I'm really looking forward to getting some new characters on the team, but I also think I've maxxed out where they can take me in the arena. I hate to say it, but I'm working on a rogue one team to see if that will push me over the hump. Jyn, Cassian, Fulcrum Tano, and our old friends Chaze. At the very least that'll be a good team for getting through any future LS hard battles. :)
  • Hammer
    35 posts Member
    Options
    I've been playing FO for a while and have a question about modding Phasma. What mods do you use to maximize her? Right now I have her modded with speed and potency. She's sitting at 205 speed with 2069 physical damage. Does a faster Phasma work better for you or should I focus more on offense and crit damage?
  • BeWary
    367 posts Member
    Options
    Hammer wrote: »
    I've been playing FO for a while and have a question about modding Phasma. What mods do you use to maximize her? Right now I have her modded with speed and potency. She's sitting at 205 speed with 2069 physical damage. Does a faster Phasma work better for you or should I focus more on offense and crit damage?

I go for mostly protection and speed, though FOO is the only one you need to be fast to jump-start the rest of the crew. The AI (and I think people) usually leave Phasma alone since she's kinda tanky and doesn't pose too much of a threat.
  • Hammer
    35 posts Member
    Options
    @BeWary my FOO has 241 speed. My thought process was also have a fast Phasma for more Victory Marches.
  • Options
    We've had a bunch of discussions on the FO Discord channel, the official advice of the Mod Advisor is to give her a set of crit chance and crit dam with as much speed as possible. I personally swapped out a protection cross for an offense cross, for me Nihilus always targets her first, so I figured if she was going to die she should do some damage first.
  • BeWary
    367 posts Member
    Options
    Hammer wrote: »
    @BeWary my FOO has 241 speed. My thought process was also have a fast Phasma for more Victory Marches.

I mean speed is always good of course, but I open with FOO giving Marching Orders to Kylo, who lashes out and gives everyone 50% TM. Then Phasma can VM whenever, but I usually apply slow first.

Looking forward to this winter when the new movie comes out and we get some new FO toons to mix it up a bit. :)
  • Options
    BeWary wrote: »
    I mean speed is always good of course, but I open with FOO giving Marching Orders to Kylo, who lashes out and gives everyone 50% TM.

That's the best opener for FO for the most part. The only time I deviate from that is against a Zaul team if the opponent gets the AoE daze up first. Then I will cleanse FOTP so he can be called to assist.
    Looking forward to this winter when the new movie comes out and we get some new FO toons to mix it up a bit.

You and me both. My Resistance team is geared up in case they get new toons that happen to be better. I plan to gear a Jedi team in case we finally get a Jedi Luke (or Rey for that matter) as well.
  • Tyrael
    65 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Hey guys, for a new player wanting to transition into a first order team, what is a good early team to make the transition work? Kylo, fotp, and foo seem like they will take quite some time to unlock, plus you'll need something to get through LS battles and heists so that you're not gear and/or credit locked.

Any advice for how to smoothly transition?
    Post edited by Tyrael on
  • Options
    Tyrael wrote: »
    Hey guys, for a new player wanting to transition into a first order team, what is a good early team to make the transition work? Kylo, fotp, and foo seem like they will take quite some time to unlock, plus you'll need something to get through LS battles and heists so that you're not gear and/or credit locked.

Any advice for how to smoothly transition?

Get them all starred and geared because that's gonna take forever, farm FOTP from shipments for crystals and the shard shop and hard nodes as with FOST, kylos a cantina toon so not too hard, cantina shop is FOO, it's long but still shorter than FOST AND TP, phasma is by far the easiest to farm from gw shipments :)
    It's a long farm but worth it, I know have fullymaxef out team of 4 zetas 90000 power and finish relatively high in arena and well in both raids :)
  • Options
    @Tyrael Farm the hard nodes(FOTP, FOST) early because they will take months to get a 7 star. Farm the others from the shops(FOO, Phasma, Kylo) everyday and you will have them 7 star in no time.

I run a full Zetaed FO squad in arena for fun and finish top 5 everyday. I've found that they work extremely well all together but once you start to replace one character with someone else they fall apart. FOST will be viable in arena at 5 stars if geared high. FOTP hits like a truck but has no health so if you use him below 7star then pack protection/crit damage mods on him.