The Galactic First Order Players Discussion

Prev13456726
Aero
2972 posts Member
edited May 2017
first_order_by_stuarthughe-d9xq72i.jpg

Discord: https://discord.gg/FvJS4ms

Yup I'm starting another one, seeing as the only person I know who has a strong dedication to the First Order is my guild mate who doesn't do forums. Speaking of which, let's give him a shout out!

ufBr2PB.png

But I'm nowhere near there. Here's where I stand.

g6hNLj6.jpg
FW4RDAI.jpg
fv011HA.jpg
LBSrKxA.jpg
nIAkyBc.jpg

Post edited by Aero on

Replies

• Aero
    2972 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    So some thoughts to get things started. I don't actually use these guys that much though I want to badly. I'll get them in some GW from time to time. A few things I can say though.

1. They need more characters. And it's not even that hard. Flame trooper, Riot Trooper, Snow Trooper, Snow Trooper Officer, General Hux, and eventually Snoke but not until at least the next film. I love running full synergy, but it's a but annoying when I can't make choices when doing so.
    2. Speaking if not having choices, I can't even choose my leader. The resistance has Finn and Poe to choose from, we have just Phasma. And oddly enough, Phasma reports to Kylo Ren so he really should have a leader ability.
    3. Like Stormtrooper before him, First Order Stormtrooper needs a lot of love. At least he has health so he can not die, but again similar to how Stormtrooper is a bad version of Stormtrooper Han, First Order Stormtrooper is a bad version of Fives. He even has the same problem as Royal Guard with a next to useless special.

CHARACTER PROPOSALS
    By @Aero
    Official First Order Stormtrooper variants,

Flametrooper
    FOflametrooper-Fathead.png
    Primary: Deal physical damage and dispel all buffs on target
    Special: Deal special damage to all targets and apply health down.
    Unique: For every critical hit apply a DOT to the target.

Riot Control Trooper
    5a427c9c027808e28ceb27419dca0e540566adc5_hq.jpg
    Primary: Deal physical damage and stun target if a critical hit.
    Special: Grant health up to all allies and taunt for 3 turns.
    Unique: Whenever an ally gets a critical hit, 25% chance to heal Riot Control Trooper 20%. This chance is double for First Order characters.

Heavy Assault Trooper
    Megablaster_heavy_assault_trooper.png
    Primary: Deal physical damage. This attack deals bonus damage for every ally with Advantage.
    Special 1: Deal special damage and call all allies with advantage to assist.
    Special 2: Convert a random positive buff on all allies to advantage. If ally already has advantage, gain 20% turn meter.

Snowtrooper
    FOsnowtrooper-Fathead.png
    Primary: Deal physical damage with a 40% chance to inflict ability block. This chance is increased to 100% on a critical hit.
    Special: Deal special damage to all characters with a 15% chance to gain offense up per critical hit.
    Unique: Whenever a unit is killed with a critical hit, Snowtrooper gains 60% turn meter and First Order allies gain half that.

By @Jacen_Solo
    General Hux
    General_hux_-_SW_Card_Trader.png
    Basic - Quick Shot: Deal physical damage to enemy with a 50% chance to attack another random enemy.

Special 1 - Air Strike: Hux calls in TIE fighters, dealing huge damage to all enemies. If two or more enemies dodge, all First Order allies gain Advantage, and the cooldown is reduced by 1. If the ally already has advantage, gain critical damage up for 2 turns.
    COOLDOWN - 5 turns.

Special 2 - General of the First Order: Hux calls for a random ally to taunt for two turns. If the ally is First Order, also gain Retribution for two turns.
    COOLDOWN - 4 turns.

Leader - Bring Order to the Galaxy: All First Order allies have +25 speed.

Unique - Glory of the First Order: Whenever a First Order ally scores a critical hit, all allies gain 10% turn meter. (AoE still only gives 10%)
    Post edited by Aero on
  • Options
    O agree they need Hix and the flame thrower guy would be cool. They really need to rework them all except for phasma and FOTP. FO officer used to have a good basic until they changed how it worked. Before it used to be 20% more damage for each Ally with advantage(sort of like Tarkin but they need advantage) now it's only 20% critical damage which sucks.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    O agree they need Hix and the flame thrower guy would be cool. They really need to rework them all except for phasma and FOTP. FO officer used to have a good basic until they changed how it worked. Before it used to be 20% more damage for each Ally with advantage(sort of like Tarkin but they need advantage) now it's only 20% critical damage which sucks.

That's the impression I get from a lot of people, that First Order had a huge set back with the advantage change.

And honestly, I have this feeling we won't get any new characters here until the Episode VIII hype train starts, sadly.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I'm editing this post to remove pictures as they are being used above now.
    Post edited by Aero on
  • Options
    First Order Stormtrooper would benefit massively from an auto taunt like RG's.
    Fun fact, I ranked the five dark side synergies (Sith, Empire, First Order, Nightsisters and Droids) and found that First Order was the easiest to farm. Two early nodes for FOST, GW shipments for Phasma, two Cantina nodes for Kylo, Cantina shipments for FOO and FOTP's HM nodes.
    Didn't count Scoundrels because there are a couple LS scoundrels, and didn't count incomplete synergies like Geonosians or Tuskens.
  • Options
    Are you kidding me snowtrooper? First Order is the easiest to farm? I'm trying to farm them right now, and I can tell you, they are not. Phasma is easy to farm. Kylo is decent. FOO is on Cantina shipments, which is one of the slower farms. FOTP is among the hardest in the game to farm with only 2 hard nodes (the only harder one that I am aware of is HRSoldier). Droids, which are one of the groups you listed, has one of the easiest farms in the game. Nightsisters are also substantially easier.

That being said, I'm trying to work on FO as a future team right now and it's a beast. I have Phasma maxed, FOO maxed, and Kylo farmed but not maxed. FOTP I am working on daily... it takes forever. The issue is there is no payoff there -- I'm just farming them in the hopes that someday they get reworked again. The previous rework killed the team. Phasma is great, but she's the only one. FOTP used to be great, but is only very good now in my opinion, and I use FOO in my GW, and he's very mediocre.

As stated, we need more toons. I don't think we are going to have to wait a year until next fall -- there are still a few available people that I suspect will be getting very slowly over the coming year -- Hux, TR8R, and some generics. I am farming these guys, but I know it's going to be a disappointment without changes.
  • Options
    Unfortunately, even all maxed out, we can't get high with all them 5.
    Mines are all 7* star 80 and geared.
    They will wait in the bench for the day they will rework/ add toons for the sake of the first order.

But running phasma lead with fotp is what i've run for months and i can be top10-20 easilly so there is hope here.
  • Options
    Kylo needs a rework and maybe a leadership ability. Since they nerfed FOTP some new toons would help to build a better squad.
  • Options
    Waiting for "The Galactic Tusken Players Discussion".
  • Options
    First order's advantage synergy looks really good but from what I've seen it's pretty bad in battle
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    First order's advantage synergy looks really good but from what I've seen it's pretty bad in battle

Part of the problem is too much randomness. Between if a bonus attack will happen, who gets that bonus attack, and who gets the benefit with FOO.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    Flametrooper

Riot Control Trooper
    Unique: Whenever an ally gets a critical hit, 25% chance to heal Riot Control Trooper 20%. This chance is double for First Order characters.

Heavy Assault Trooper
    Primary: Deal physical damage. This attack deals bonus damage for every ally with Advantage.
    Special 2: Convert a random positive buff on all allies to advantage. If ally already has advantage, gain 20% turn meter.

Snowtrooper
    Primary: Deal physical damage with a 40% chance to inflict ability block. This chance is increased to 100% on a critical hit.
    Special: Deal special damage to all characters with a 15% chance to gain offense up per critical hit.
    Unique: Whenever a unit is killed with a critical hit, Snowtrooper gains 60% turn meter and First Order allies gain half that.
  • Qazeymoto2_1
    255 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Aero wrote: »
    Flametrooper

Riot Control Trooper

Heavy Assault Trooper

Snowtrooper

I really like heavy assault trooper and riot control trooper excellent advantage synergy on heavy assault and strong self healing tank on riot control
  • Options
    So the dark side of my roster needs some work and I'm looking at some FO toons to ramp up, wanted to see what you guys think:

Phasma- obvious

FOTP- It will take 1/2 million credits to get my 4* FOTP up to my current XP level. Everything I read about him says he's worth the trouble.

Kilo Ren- I got him when I first started. Then I learned speed wins and haven't used him in a bit. I'm thinking mod him for speed and maybe he'll be worth the trouble?

FOO- I could farm him up to 4* in a couple days, his move set looks like he should be possibly worth it but I've read on here he got nerfed and isn't worth the trouble now.

FOST - Same deal as FOO but his rep is even worse.

I play PVP with clones so I like a control game where I gradually speed my guys up, slow there's down, and have toons that pack a punch. The FO move sets and synergies look nice on paper for that kind of game, by you guys are the experts so I wanted to get your thoughts.

Last thing- with the new SW movie occurring after Revenge of the Sith and before A New Hope (long before the FO exists) it's going to be a while until these characters are on movie screens again. Does that worry you guys about the devs just ignoring these toons as time goes on?

• Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    Last thing- with the new SW movie occurring after Revenge of the Sith and before A New Hope (long before the FO exists) it's going to be a while until these characters are on movie screens again. Does that worry you guys about the devs just ignoring these toons as time goes on?
    Extremely so. That's why I created this thread despite not running them in Arena (though I would like to absolutely once I max them). Especially because they're the bad guys and already got reworked with Advantage. Just feels like any chance of additional work or characters has little shot.

But if we get this thread ramping up!

Regarding your other questions, I say just work on maxing them if you would like to see more done with them. The more people we get on this train the better. They likely won't be as good as your clones though.

• Options
    Ya that makes sense.

Just as a SW fan I have a lot of little complaints about different toon's characteristics in this game like everybody, but one thing I think they nailed is that KR plays strong but is ultimately just weaker version of Vader.

Which based on the movie seems to be exactly where they are taking that character.

FO supports should be technologically more advanced/dangerous versions of Empire supports. The Emipre got pumped about blowing up planets, the FO just wrecks the whole planetary system with their super weapon. Just saying.
  • Options
    Hi all, good post it is !
    A fully agree your feeling, but Kylo lead. It's not an obligation, but i'm ok with FO need an other choice for Leader Ability, and more characters, like affiliations where they are 5 characters. I think there is jawas, resistance, and FO.
    Plus, fact that some Leader ability are very over others. Example : Some character grant speed, but other like Lando, grant Speed AND Critical chances. Same for attack... Some have just an attack boost, other lie anakin provide more effect.

And if you all like First Order, please, go vote on this page to maybe helping to begin going forward with FO and FO Stromtrooper :smile: :
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/64159/do-you-think-first-order-stormtrooper-fost-need-a-rework
  • Options
    I think if/when they go into the Knights of Ren that'd be a good way to give him a leader based on that
  • Options
    Also got an idea for stormtrooper, whenever he loses advantage (normal use or dispel) he taunts for 1 turn
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    Another one I like it's taunt for one turn on a crit.
  • Options
    Both of your taunt propositions are interesting !
    But in fact, when we think about FO synergy, what is missing, it's before all, it's quality of toons' ability.
    Cause there is something wrong with FO synergy.
    For example, Kylo don't take any bonus but critical chance with advantage.
    FO-TP have a very high chance to get advantage for a long time, but, nothing happen when this advantage is doubled, which could happen a lot.
    Officer seems to be good.
    For FOST... we all agree that he need a taunt and a little different mechanics.... He's the worst of FO toons.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    Advantage should stack (add turns of advantage) since it overlaps a lot
  • ItsJarJarBinkz
    2494 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    The only problem is the heavy assault trooper special. I wouldn't want him to convert a taunt into advantage.
  • Darthisthenight
    386 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I leveled up FOTP last night and I'm pretty excited to see where I can get him with gear and mods eventually.

His offensive stats are insane but until I get him to GL7 and add some high end protection mods his pitifully low health makes him basically useless. He's at GL6 now and at least he's not as much of a PIA to gear up as a lot of other toons in this game.

If his physical damage wasn't so insane I'd say they should have either given him more speed or more health, but I'm hoping his power will make modding him out in those areas a good investment of resources.
    Post edited by Darthisthenight on
  • Options
    Minowara wrote: »
    Are you kidding me snowtrooper? First Order is the easiest to farm? I'm trying to farm them right now, and I can tell you, they are not. (...) Droids, which are one of the groups you listed, has one of the easiest farms in the game. Nightsisters are also substantially easier.

That's a good point that nightsisters are easier; in my ranking, I replaced Acolyte with Savage and ended up with two arena farms. Since arena is not my primary focus on this account, that lowered their ranking.
    Droids had a lower ranking than FO but this was justified, in my opinion, since the team I listed was all droids. HK and 88 are both arena, so same reason as nightsisters for a slightly lower ranking, 86 is GW so easier, but then either Grievious is one of the longest farms through ****, or B2 is impossible for F2P. Magnaguard is acceptable through cantina. Using Nebit is difficult for me as he is yet another Arena farm.
    First Order was narrowly the easiest partially because of the lack of Arena farms for my playthrough.

• Options
    FO is probably the hardest farm.
    Sure Phasma and Kylo are easy. But FOTP and FOST are like 4-5 month farms. And FOO is not a fast farm in Cantina Store either.

I have been farming FOTP and FOST for 2 months and I am barely 1/2 way to 5*
  • Options
    I leveled up FOST last night and I'm pretty excited to see where I can get him with gear and mods eventually.

His offensive stats are insane but until I get him to GL7 and add some high end protection mods his pitifully low health makes him basically useless. He's at GL6 now and at least he's not as much of a PIA to gear up as a lot of other toons in this game.

If his physical damage wasn't so insane I'd say they should have either given him more speed or more health, but I'm hoping his power will make modding him out in those areas a good investment of resources.

Are you talking about FOST or FOTP? FOST's damage is terrible and his base health is one of the highest in game.
  • Options
    I just saw that and edited it. Ya, FOTP.
  • Options
    Paired him with RG and Luminara to keep him alive in the Rancor Raid and he did more damage that anybody else on that squad. Glad it wasn't FOST :)
  • Options
    I've been calling for a very specific buff to FOST for a LONG time that would make him an intricate, viable, desirable, maybe even NECESSARY component of any good FO team:

ADD Critical Damage Up buff (2-3 turns) to his "The Order Relentless" special. You'd stop hearing complaints about Kylo being a wet noodle and how FOTP "should" be dealing more damage. Most FO characters have a massive health pool, so giving them defense up, advantage, and crit damage up would be something to revere...

I do also agree that more FO characters need to be introduced. I'd love to see a General Hux with a similar kit to Tarkin