Wiggs + StHan How to beat them

Prev1
Wearesyke
218 posts Member
My shard is pretty full of this exact team:
Wedge L / Biggs / Lando / St Han / Palpatine
Most of them have a St Han at 200ish speed and 50%ish tenacity.
If my dooku stun does not land on him and he gets his taunt off, how do I beat them? All I do is feed Wiggs turn meter and Lando AOE's like 5 times in a row. By the time I kill ST Han my squad is decimated. Is there any weak spot to this that I have not seen?
My team
DN L / Dooku / Vader / Sith Trooper / Maul
I don't have a big 15K crit hitter to get ST Han out quick. Is that my downfall?

Replies

• WompWompRat
    1833 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    A fast TFP with high potenty will neuter SThan quickly. Pair a fast TFP with a toon that taunts out of the gate like Baze or Shoretrooper and you'll keep his taunt down and you can focus fire on killing Wedge or Lando first (while using the tank to absorb any focus fire)
  • ilNomad
    236 posts Member
    Options
    Palpatine to shock or stun StHan. Palp is a great tank counter (StHan, RG).
  • Wearesyke
    218 posts Member
    Options
    The TFP strategy seems promising. Never thought to buff immunity st Han out of the gate. I don't have palp so that one is for a later date. With st Han having such a high tenacity I would have to get tfp potency to around 100% or higher to have a chance. Interesting indeed
  • C3POnU
    4 posts Member
    Options
    FOST has dispel on a critical hit with his basic attack. Neutralizes Baze, Shoretrooper, RG.
  • Wearesyke
    218 posts Member
    Options
    Fost is a brutal farm that I have not begun haha. Good point though
  • Options
    Sun Fac has dispel on his basic, taunt and counter chance. He will dispel STHan very fast.
  • Vorgen
    254 posts Member
    Options
    Wait until they all morph into wedge (L) + chaze + gk + r2z2. I promise you would not complain about the team u r currently having problem with...
  • Wearesyke
    218 posts Member
    Options
    My shard is a long way from gk so I don't think I have to worry about that just now. My DN has dispel on his basic but by the time he goes I'm already in a massive hole. I could get my dn to around 180 speed or something to try and counter. The tfp approach sounds the easiest though. Replace Maul with tfp and buff immunity everything the eye sees
  • Options
    JaminSpace wrote: »
    Sun Fac has dispel on his basic, taunt and counter chance. He will dispel STHan very fast.

Sun Fac is slow as hell, you'll be destroyed before he has a chance to taunt especially since Lando is paired with a Ackbar.

When i was playing Jedi i liked a lot Anakin as a Han Solo counter but it wasn't 100% reliable.

If you can't put a buff immunity there's also a brutal solution, just focus Han Solo and try to put him down as fast as you can. He's not that tough and since he has been fixed he shouldn't give TM to anyone now (as long as he's not taunting).
  • WompWompRat
    1833 posts Member
    Options
    Wearesyke wrote: »
    The TFP strategy seems promising. Never thought to buff immunity st Han out of the gate. I don't have palp so that one is for a later date. With st Han having such a high tenacity I would have to get tfp potency to around 100% or higher to have a chance. Interesting indeed

That's what I did when my entire shard was full of StHan + Wiggs + Boba + Lando teams.

Key is TFP speed must be high, potency I had it around 70 or 80% (can't remember was a long time ago).

As long as Han can't get his taunt out of the gate, it leaves Wedge and Lando rather exposed.
  • Options
    /checks thread date

Ok.....

Mod DN for pure speed. Get him faster than the enemy team to buy you a turn. If Han gets his taunt off before DN moves, use DN basic instead to dispel it. Han is useless once his taunt is gone and you can focus down your targets at will.
  • WompWompRat
    1833 posts Member
    Options
    But yes, if you don't run TFP/Shore b/c you're not an Empire kind of guy for whatever reason, there are options like DN, Baze, Sun Fac etc who can dispel Han. I just liked using TFP because out of the gate he can neuter him before he moves and he is quite fast, hits hard and has foresight which is useful.
  • Wearesyke
    218 posts Member
    Options
    So with my team at the top of the thread, should I have dn the fastest or dooku? Stun first or drain force first? Interested to hear what you think @Nyteshade81
  • Wearesyke
    218 posts Member
    Options
    Did some messing around, the fastest possible speed I can get with my dn is 176. With those mods he has a potency of 45%. Is this viable? I would love to get a 24% potency cross with double digit speed but all I have is a 11 speed 24% tenacity cross
  • Boreas
    508 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Dooku is fast, make him fast enough to go first and use special on ST Han, with 50% chance to stun and shock. If he is stunned he won't be able to taunt, if he is shocked his taunt will not apply, same with Dooku's basic which has a chance to ability block, also Vader has that, use basic attacks at the start of encounter to ability block St Han and Lando.
  • Options
    Nihilus does not need potency at all. Drain force has 50% chance to increase cooldown and 100% if the enemy is debuffed, regardless of his potency. Use a protection mod with high speed secondary.
  • Options
    I'd also personally keep maul bc of daze. Stops the assists and also hits hard. Others may disagree but I prefer maul to vader
  • WompWompRat
    1833 posts Member
    Options
    In all honestly TFP has such a good base speed (he's what the second or third fastest in the game?) he's prob easier to get to a place you can go first.

Dooku is fast too, but you need to set his potency real high. Honestly, mine is at a modest 251 with 81% potency and I don't feel like he lands his stuns nearly as effectively as when I was using my TFP at 254 and him being able to block StHan more consistently.

DN .. ideally you want to try to get him to 220+ .. but that's based on who I face on my shard and in GW.
  • YadiYoda
    17 posts Member
    Options
    +1 on TFP, I was milking Wiggs + STH in arena a while back until the waves of TFP rendered him useless. TFP's ability block is also useful.
  • Wearesyke
    218 posts Member
    Options
    Just tried a go at the team in question with my 176 dn. cd did not land on st Han, even though he has 25% tenacity, and I got pumped. Will try tfp
  • tkl
    295 posts Member
    Options
    In all honestly TFP has such a good base speed (he's what the second or third fastest in the game?) he's prob easier to get to a place you can go first.

Dooku is fast too, but you need to set his potency real high. Honestly, mine is at a modest 251 with 81% potency and I don't feel like he lands his stuns nearly as effectively as when I was using my TFP at 254 and him being able to block StHan more consistently.

DN .. ideally you want to try to get him to 220+ .. but that's based on who I face on my shard and in GW.

TFP is 1st fastest
  • Options
    I am running Wiggs, STHan, Palp, and Boba at the moment and I can tell you, that I try to target teams such as yours (OP) because of the "synergy" between Han and Dooku. When I got my taunt from Han and DN does not immediately dispell it, Dooku feeds my team with such an enourmus amount of Turn Meter, that I can destroy those Nihilus Lead teams pretty easy.

I just have to put shock on Dooku and than let him work for me.
    If you could only imagine the power of the dark side!
  • Wearesyke
    218 posts Member
    Options
    That is exactly what happens to my squad every time. Glad to feed you some arena positions! :(
  • stavrik
    88 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Maybe with Sith Assassin would be better. She gives your Siths TM. She is fast so with good mods she can reach 200+ easy. SA, Dooku, EP good combination for DN lead Vs Rebels. With her and Dooku would be easier.Many put SA to be fastest in team but I put Dooku to be faster. First him than SA. SA can stun also.
    You don't have EP. For me he is very helpful. He can sometimes almost stun all team of rebels. Only problem with EP that he is buged and he can crit under under DN lead. Rebels like that.
    Try it to get SA. Change different combinations. Aslo little luck. You can beat.
    Edit: Try to rise as much as can Dooku potency.

Screenshot from arena. Opponent team Wiggs, Princess,AA,STH. All team 7* L85 G9 -G10 AA is G11. Wedge lead.
    Even Princess with her triples shoots managed remove two of my sith, still I won.

bLuELjJ.jpg

• zombiwan_kenobi
    427 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    tkl wrote: »

TFP is 1st fastest

Still an Ackbar could debuff everyone before St.Han's turn. TFP is the fastest alone but unless you're playing under a Tarkin lead some jedis or rebels can beat you easily i.e. Ackbar leads and zQGJ are quite common.

Personally i've had much trouble with the Han+Ackbar+Lando combination, Lando can melt any team clear and fast if you can't get rid of Han taunt.
  • Options
    It al belongs to Speedmods. Even the bonuses of Ackbars leadership can't be enougth to beat a good moddet TFP with 280+ Speed. The Only Rebel toon that can match with him under Ackbar is Leia if she use the same Modset including the Speedmod Boni which are calculatet from base speed excluding mods.
  • Wearesyke
    218 posts Member
    Options
    Trust me I would love Sass but I'm only level 75 so that cantina node has not been unlocked. Being a ftp I have no way of getting her (not enough crystals for shipments) so Sass and Palp are both not options.
    My dooku has a potency of 95% and 196 speed so he USUALLY goes first. Would everyone say this is high enough? I swear to god his stun lands maybe 50-60% of the time. Modding for potency appears almost pointless sometimes.

If I can stun ST Han I win 100% of the matches. If I don't land that initial stun I lose 100% of the matches.
  • Options
    I don't really run Sith, so please excuse me if I'm way off base here. Why not just put Maul at lead? Even without zeta, you get 20% TM right off the bat to speed up your whole team. That gives DN a big boost to Drain Force earlier, and then you use Maul Whirling Blades to Daze the other guys. Once Dazed, StHan can't give them TM even if he is taunting. Target Wedge first to neuter the Wiggs combo, then use Vader and Dooku to control Lando and Palpatine.
  • Wearesyke
    218 posts Member
    Options
    That 20% TM at the start of the encounter is only for a Zaul. I am lvl 75 so I have 0 zeta mats right now. But eventually that would be a decent idea.
    I love the DN lead, I prey on Rex leads and any team that doesn't have st Han. He is my one weakness because of dooku being a beast. That is why I'm trying to research how to beat my biggest weakness.
    Gearing up TFP right now, been playing with him in GW to test his abilities and he is amazing. So fun to use! Pairing tfp with tarkin is insanely fun
  • Options
    Had to check the date...