Sound reasoning on why Jango Fett is the June fan favorite

Replies

• Options
    Doesn't Jango have the same weapons as Boba? What would be the point of releasing an identical character?

jSV6pXO.jpg?s=sms
    EwXuQ0V.jpg?s=sms
    Doesn't look the same to me.
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    Options
    Roken_Fett wrote: »
    Gamorrean wrote: »
    Do you not think the fan fav have something to do with the new game mode?

I don't know what that is though. And I don't think a new toon will only work in the new game mode or even be geared towards it.

Might have a slight advantage in the new game mode, but that would be about it.

Jango sounds cool tho, but if the next flash event also have something to do with Lukes journey im sure its gonna be jedi luke

Nah, they already pretty much said Jedi Luke is coming end of summer (August). We will probably need a farmboy Luke to unlock him somehow.

But that's not happening this month.

You know the august joke right? Im not saying it won't happen in august, but just keep it in mind :D
  • Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    Options
    Doesn't Jango have the same weapons as Boba? What would be the point of releasing an identical character?

jSV6pXO.jpg?s=sms
    EwXuQ0V.jpg?s=sms
    Doesn't look the same to me.

Also, Jango has two pistols.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    Options
    Do you not think the fan fav have something to do with the new game mode?

I don't know what that is though. And I don't think a new toon will only work in the new game mode or even be geared towards it.

Might have a slight advantage in the new game mode, but that would be about it.

Jango sounds cool tho, but if the next flash event also have something to do with Lukes journey im sure its gonna be jedi luke

Nah, they already pretty much said Jedi Luke is coming end of summer (August). We will probably need a farmboy Luke to unlock him somehow.

But that's not happening this month.

You know the august joke right? Im not saying it won't happen in august, but just keep it in mind :D

No, yeah, I get it. But that's why I think it's the real deal this time. Devs get the last laugh.
  • Steel_Memes
    105 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options

No, yeah, I get it. But that's why I think it's the real deal this time. Devs get the last laugh.

Don't get too ahead of yourself. They didn't say this august.
  • Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options

Don't get too ahead of yourself. They didn't say this august.

I'm paraphrasing but I'm certain it went something along the the lines of "take Luke on his long journey to become a Jedi in an event that will end in August."

It was something like that, when they announced the first Flash Event.
  • Tannjam
    420 posts Member
    Options
    You're not even going to give me credit for this theory?
  • Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    Options
    Tannjam wrote: »

Sure? I don't know. Yes.
  • Tannjam
    420 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options

Sure? I don't know. Yes.

I mean, considering I first posited the theory yesterday in a thread that you've also now posted in, and your reasons 1 and 2 are basically copy/pasted from my post

• Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    Options

Sure? I don't know. Yes.

I mean, considering I first posited the theory yesterday in a thread that you've also now posted in, and your reasons 1 and 2 are basically copy/pasted from my post

And the rest?

I've been on all the "June fan fav" threads. Came up with some, took something that made sense from others, made the ultimate prediction.

You're welcome?
  • Tannjam
    420 posts Member
    Options

Sure? I don't know. Yes.

And the rest?

I've been on all the "June fan fav" threads. Came up with some, took something that made sense from others, made the ultimate prediction.

You're welcome?

Your thread is titled "Sound reasoning on why Jango Fett is the June fan favorite"

Your main two pieces of sound reasoning were basically taken from my post and passed off as your own without any credit. It's called plagiarism if you don't cite your sources.
  • Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    Options

Sure? I don't know. Yes.

And the rest?

You're welcome?

Your thread is titled "Sound reasoning on why Jango Fett is the June fan favorite"

Your main two pieces of sound reasoning were basically taken from my post and passed off as your own without any credit. It's called plagiarism if you don't cite your sources.

Yay.
  • Options
    Isn't it a stretch to say that Jango Fett is a fan favourite?
  • Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    Options
    NahWillis wrote: »

Not at all, actually. He's quite know and people have been asking for him. Plus he has his own video game.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options

Not at all, actually. He's quite know and people have been asking for him. Plus he has his own video game.
    You keep using that argument like it means something
  • Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    Options
    DatBoi wrote: »

Well it does. Soooooo...
  • Options
    Not sure he qualifies as a "favorite." Sure, some people like him, but is he really at fan fav legendary status? If it's him I'll be disappointed. We need more mainstream characters like Chewbacca, C3PO, and even Padme before Jango... those are characters that people recognize.
  • Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    Options
    NicolBolas wrote: »
    Not sure he qualifies as a "favorite." Sure, some people like him, but is he really at fan fav legendary status? If it's him I'll be disappointed. We need more mainstream characters like Chewbacca, C3PO, and even Padme before Jango... those are characters that people recognize.

What the actual **** would C3P0 do? And Padme? No.

Jango is huge, hate it or not.

He was the reason for Boba an the entire clone army, which are the storm troopers.

He's bigger in the universe than Padme for sure.

Regular Chewie would be ok, but there's no reasoning for him.

Break it down why either of those two (not counting C3P0 at all) would be the next fan fav given our hints.

I'll wait.
  • Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    Options
    Again, Jango got a video game. That DOES mean something, despite the hate from some.

Padme didn't get a game, neither do C3P0.
  • AtlasMKx
    260 posts Member
    Options

He was the reason for Boba an the entire clone army, which are the storm troopers.

Break it down why either of those two (not counting C3P0 at all) would be the next fan fav given our hints.

I'll wait.

Stormtroopers aren't clones.

I do agree Jango is bigger than a lot of people here think. I can't understand how someone can like Boba, and not love Jango. He had way better scenes.
  • Options
    Why do I get the feeling that you are very biased? Coming from the guy with a fett picture and fett in the name, can I really trust you to be objective?

He's bigger than Padme? Padme is the reason for Darth Vader, who is as "big" as it gets in the star wars universe.

I'm not hating on Jango, but he isn't as well known. As people on the streets whether they've heard of Chewbacca, and then ask about Jango fett. Who do you think is more popular? Just because there are a few loyal fans does not mean he has a fan favourite. Sure, EA might slot him in, but I'll still be disappointed if he really is the favourite.
  • Options

Well it does. Soooooo...

The very fact that people need to question whether he is a fan favourite is an argument against him.

A person who needs to say "I am famous" is no famous person at all.
  • Options
    AtlasMKx wrote: »

I'll wait.

I do agree Jango is bigger than a lot of people here think. I can't understand how someone can like Boba, and not love Jango. He had way better scenes.

And was defeated by a form 7 user, not a blind Han Solo.
  • CameronD
    150 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I love jango he has such a great design I just applaud who ever thought of him to begin with. Secondly, people say he has no personaitly is ridiculous he's the "silent badass" cliche except it's not a cliche for him cuz him and Boba are the originals. He just does work and gets paid that's it! He has style tho, go back and watch the battle of genosis he "high noon" style pistol shoots a Jedi right in the chest and tell me that's not awesome. He does the same thing to the Reek not shortly after. All im saying is yes he has a decent fan base, would make a great toon and is a overall great character outweighing many characters that have already been added before him. At this point I'll be surprised if it's not jango!
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Again, Jango got a video game. That DOES mean something, despite the hate from some.

CLEARLY, a person with a Fett as his avatar is being completely balanced, fair and objective. ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options

Well it does. Soooooo...
    https://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Episode-Binks-Adventure/dp/B00000IWFQ
  • Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options

I'll wait.

Yes, they are. It literally went from episode 3 where the entire army was Clones to episode 4.

Did they all of a sudden NOT become Clones?

Come on now.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options

I'll wait.

Yes, they are. It literally went from episode 3 where the entire army was Clones to episode 4.

Did they all of a sudden NOT become Clones?

Come one now.

All of a sudden? You mean 20 years
  • Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

CLEARLY, a person with a Fett as his avatar is being completely balanced, fair and objective. ;)

Oh, ok.

Then you break it down. I'll wait.

Still waiting on legit breakdowns on why I'm wrong.
  • Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    Options

Well it does. Soooooo...

The very fact that people need to question whether he is a fan favourite is an argument against him.

A person who needs to say "I am famous" is no famous person at all.

Ok...then breaks it down why he's not based on the Devs clues.

I'll wait for your argument. You are just being a contrarian, like the rest of the naysayers.

But I'll wait for your breakdown to the character of your choice.