• Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    Options
    DatBoi wrote: »
    Roken_Fett wrote: »
    NahWillis wrote: »
    Isn't it a stretch to say that Jango Fett is a fan favourite?

Not at all, actually. He's quite know and people have been asking for him. Plus he has his own video game.
    You keep using that argument like it means something

Well it does. Soooooo...
    https://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Episode-Binks-Adventure/dp/B00000IWFQ

Fantastic. Now apply that to reasoning.

I'll wait.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options

Not at all, actually. He's quite know and people have been asking for him. Plus he has his own video game.

Well it does. Soooooo...

I'll wait.

Reasoning: just because there is a video game based on a character doesn't mean they're a fan favorite.
  • CameronD
    150 posts Member
    Options

Well it does. Soooooo...

Thanks for this I've been looking everywhere for this! Now I just wait till June 8th
  • Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    Options

Well it does. Soooooo...

I'll wait.

Reasoning: just because there is a video game based on a character doesn't mean they're a fan favorite.

Yeah, ok, dude. That's not what I said. I gave specific reasons and bread crumbs why Jango is it. Then someone said he's not a fan fav. Then I pointed to the video game.

But I assure you the video game I pointed to sold more than the one you pointed to. So my point still stands.

Pick someone else like I did. Or sit down.
  • Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    Options
    AtlasMKx wrote: »
    NicolBolas wrote: »
    Not sure he qualifies as a "favorite." Sure, some people like him, but is he really at fan fav legendary status? If it's him I'll be disappointed. We need more mainstream characters like Chewbacca, C3PO, and even Padme before Jango... those are characters that people recognize.

What the actual **** would C3P0 do? And Padme? No.

Jango is huge, hate it or not.

He was the reason for Boba an the entire clone army, which are the storm troopers.

He's bigger in the universe than Padme for sure.

Regular Chewie would be ok, but there's no reasoning for him.

Break it down why either of those two (not counting C3P0 at all) would be the next fan fav given our hints.

I'll wait.

Stormtroopers aren't clones.

I do agree Jango is bigger than a lot of people here think. I can't understand how someone can like Boba, and not love Jango. He had way better scenes.

Yes, they are. It literally went from episode 3 where the entire army was Clones to episode 4.

Did they all of a sudden NOT become Clones?

Come one now.

All of a sudden? You mean 20 years

Oh. So Clones die off quickly. Glad you know 20 years is their life expectancy.
  • Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    Options
    So no one has a legit reason, and can't connect dots, why Jango isn't.

Gotcha.

Thanks for playing.

I'm not saying I'm right. I'm saying I have a sound argument. You all do not.

But I will wait for something.
  • Options
    Some people don't think Jango is a fan favorite? This is a new level of dumb.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options

Well it does. Soooooo...

I'll wait.

Yeah, ok, dude. That's not what I said. I gave specific reasons and bread crumbs why Jango is it. Then someone said he's not a fan fav. Then I pointed to the video game.

But I assure you the video game I pointed to sold more than the one you pointed to. So my point still stands.

Pick someone else like I did. Or sit down.

Im just addressing your point that if a character has a video game based on them, then they must be a fan favorite.

Also, the game you're referring to was released before AOTC which invalidates your implication that it was developed in response to a fan following of that particular character. If anything, the game's release weakens your argument that jango is a fan fav since lucasarts had to make a whole game just to promote a character who many would not have cared about otherwise. Unlike boba fett, who amassed a fan following on his own, jango became popular through marketing and piggybacked off boba's popularity.
  • Slewfoot
    910 posts Member
    Options
    Im as big a star wars fan as youll find and I dont give two ******* about Jango Fett
  • NahWillis
    195 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Some people don't think Jango is a fan favorite? This is a new level of dumb.

I could care less about Jango. He's a barely relevant character in a god awful movie. He may have his fans, but a fan favourite he certainly is not.

But I don't disagree that he's who we are going to get.
    Post edited by NahWillis on
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    So no one has a legit reason, and can't connect dots, why Jango isn't.

Gotcha.

Thanks for playing.

I'm not saying I'm right. I'm saying I have a sound argument. You all do not.

But I will wait for something.

Lighten up, Francis.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Tannjam
    420 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah, ok, dude. That's not what I said. I gave stole specific reasons and bread crumbs why Jango is it and passed them off as my own. Then someone said he's not a fan fav. Then I pointed to the video game.

Pick someone else like I Tannjam did. Or sit down.

Fixed that for you.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/114198/cant-wait-for-the-redacted-event/p1

• Smithie
    1427 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Again, Jango got a video game. That DOES mean something, despite the hate from some.

Padme didn't get a game, neither do C3P0.

Maybe its Starkiller he got 2 video games haha

PS2 was the biggest console for its time and still only till this date has only sold 1.09m copies Worldwide of Star Wars BountyHunter. This game was released 6 months after Episode 2 was released.

A Character having a video game does not make them big or welcomed. Because Lucas decided that he wanted a video game to make some more money of the hype. I am sure this is why Jar Jar Binks was in Episode 1 to sell toys and Ewoks got 2 movies and a bunch of cartoons haha.

Jango had his own video game and it flopped on the sales
    Post edited by Smithie on
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Options
    Back to the topic.....

We'll probably find out Tuesday evening, Thursday evening, or most likely , Saturday at EA Play. I would be happy if it were Jango, Yoda style event, needing 5 clones. Almost nobody has a full 7* clone team. Easy way to sell Echo or Phase 1 clone packs.

I would also be cool with Starkiller, although I find it hard to believe he's a true "fan favorite". Nobody on this forum is screaming for Wickett, C3P0 or Padme and tbh, they are lame and won't sell.

Thrawn also seems likely, but like Starkiller, idk how universally he is known. Mara Jade could be in the same boat.

Jango honestly seems the most realistic and I'd be surprised if it was anyone else.
  • Smithie
    1427 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Atlas1 wrote: »
    Back to the topic.....

We'll probably find out Tuesday evening, Thursday evening, or most likely , Saturday at EA Play. I would be happy if it were Jango, Yoda style event, needing 5 clones. Almost nobody has a full 7* clone team. Easy way to sell Echo or Phase 1 clone packs.

I would also be cool with Starkiller, although I find it hard to believe he's a true "fan favorite". Nobody on this forum is screaming for Wickett, C3P0 or Padme and tbh, they are lame and won't sell.

Thrawn also seems likely, but like Starkiller, idk how universally he is known. Mara Jade could be in the same boat.

Jango honestly seems the most realistic and I'd be surprised if it was anyone else.

Starkiller is a fan fave, its one of the big reason Sam Witwer voiced a few of other SW characters in CW and Rebels including the Son and Darth Maul
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Options
    Smithie wrote: »
    Back to the topic.....

Starkiller is a fan fave, its one of the big reason Sam Witwer voiced a few of other SW characters in CW and Rebels including the Son and Darth Maul

Was Witwer the voice of Starkiller? I didn't know that. He's great as Maul, especially in Rebels.
  • Smithie
    1427 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Back to the topic.....

Was Witwer the voice of Starkiller? I didn't know that. He's great as Maul, especially in Rebels.

Sam Witwer was the voice and visual of Starkiller
    https://youtu.be/2eGvCVauajU
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Options
    Since when is 1m sales a flop? o.o
    Anyway, mentioned about Starkiller before... pretty sure he's not EA property or canon.

• Smithie
    1427 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Olga wrote: »
    Since when is 1m sales a flop? o.o
    Anyway, mentioned about Starkiller before... pretty sure he's not EA property or canon.

1 million lifetime sales on the biggest console ever is a flop

PS2 sold as a lifetime over 155 million consoles worldwide if as game sells 1 million to a market of that size, its a flop
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Options
    Silent Hill 2 sold less.
  • Options

Well it does. Soooooo...

Been saying for a while it's Darth Jar-Jar.
  • Smithie
    1427 posts Member
    Options
    Silent Hill 2 sold less.

Silent Hill 2 sold 1.28 million

Bounty Hunter sold 1.09 on PS2
    260k on GameCube

Revenge of the Sith sold close to 4 million just on the PS2
  • Tannjam
    420 posts Member
    Options
    Smithie, what's your guess for the next character release?
  • Smithie
    1427 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Silent Hill 2 sold less.

260k on GameCube

Probably why there isnt anymore Silent Hill games of recent they all have flopped on Sales only the First One sold the highest and it as declinced with each game
  • Smithie
    1427 posts Member
    Options
    Tannjam wrote: »

My guess would be Thrawn as they just released 6 Phoenix Members Ahsoka Saxon and Imperial Commando
  • Tannjam
    420 posts Member
    Options

My guess would be Thrawn as they just released 6 Phoenix Members Ahsoka Saxon and Imperial Commando

Solid guess - just don't see the connection with the "hints" (if that's what they are) that they've dropped. But would you agree that Thrawn is at least on the same level of "fan favorite" as Jango? There are several SW fans that still have not seen Rebels or read the Zahn trilogy.

• Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Options
    Silent Hill 2 sold less.

260k on GameCube

Probably why there isnt anymore Silent Hill games of recent they all have flopped on Sales only the First One sold the highest and it as declinced with each game
    Interesting take. How many sales would be considered 'not a flop'?
  • Options
    AtlasMKx wrote: »
    NicolBolas wrote: »
    Not sure he qualifies as a "favorite." Sure, some people like him, but is he really at fan fav legendary status? If it's him I'll be disappointed. We need more mainstream characters like Chewbacca, C3PO, and even Padme before Jango... those are characters that people recognize.

What the actual **** would C3P0 do? And Padme? No.

Jango is huge, hate it or not.

He was the reason for Boba an the entire clone army, which are the storm troopers.

He's bigger in the universe than Padme for sure.

Regular Chewie would be ok, but there's no reasoning for him.

Break it down why either of those two (not counting C3P0 at all) would be the next fan fav given our hints.

I'll wait.

Stormtroopers aren't clones.

I do agree Jango is bigger than a lot of people here think. I can't understand how someone can like Boba, and not love Jango. He had way better scenes.

Yes, they are. It literally went from episode 3 where the entire army was Clones to episode 4.

Did they all of a sudden NOT become Clones?

Come on now.

They actually aren't clones in the original trilogy. They stopped producing clones after Episode 3. By the time of A New Hope, the Imperial army was made of volunteers and sometimes draftees, but no clones.
  • Smithie
    1427 posts Member
    Options

Solid guess - just don't see the connection with the "hints" (if that's what they are) that they've dropped. But would you agree that Thrawn is at least on the same level of "fan favorite" as Jango? There are several SW fans that still have not seen Rebels or read the Zahn trilogy.

The hints may not even be on a character. It could be about the new game mode.

Thrawn in my opinion is a higher fan fave than Jango. Alot choose Boba over Jango as they are similar characters with unique differences.

Thrawn was huge in the 90's and one of the biggest characters in the EU. Thrawn has had a Fan Fave title for a long time. Fan Faves can really mean any fan fave as big or as small they are
  • Options
    It prob is thrawn as they are in a rebels phase... that will probably close that phase and then they ll move on to something else.. unless they give us inquisitors?