Fulcrum Ahsoka is not OP

Prev134
johnknowledge
39 posts Member
edited June 2017
I feel bamboozled. Watching the video's leading up to her release it left me with the impression that she was going to be the lightside version of Darth Nihilus.
I thought that she would have the power to "instakill" as dn does with a different mechanic,
boy was i wrong. Not only does she need a very specific team comp around her to maximize damage , her damage is super underwhelming. She , just like the the phoenix toons look cool but are severely lacking damage. If you havent invested your hard earned credits, gear , purple mats, zeta mats , and cash, DON'T. She is hot Garbage.
just my two cents
Post edited by Vampire_X on

Replies

• Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    She is essentially homeless right now. That's why people aren't a big fan. There are plenty of very small changes that could make her much more dangerous. Most of this should come with the Jedi faction pass. The rebels show a false sense of relying on buffs because Chirrut spams so many HoTs. Right now you really need to cram her into a squad with enough different buffs to get to whirlwind constantly. She is somebody you are going to want to keep on your shelf. Jedi like Yoda and old Ben can literally regurgitate buffs all over. They just kinda suck right now. Gk is another toon she will obviously continue to play nice with.

She has the stuff. It's just not her turn yet.

To further explain right now I use a darkside squad capable of Laying over 10 different debuffs on a single toon between 4 of my toons. If a 5th toon came out that relied on unique debuffs I would be set. It is already a squad that is heavily used and there would be instant synergy. There just isn't that kinda of team available to Ahsoka yet.
    Post edited by Olddumper on
  • Take_a_Bite
    352 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Should rename to people shouldn't sleep on FAT lmao
  • Options
    Hahaha how did I know the first response would not at all be a well-thought-out response to a well-thought-out post. Well done
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    Options
    Your forgetting Phoenix squad, they have tons of buffs.
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    Options
    KueChael wrote: »

Between Tarkin DT Krennic and DT I can get 14 unique debuffs that don't over lap. How close to that is Phoenix squad. Also I'm venturing to say Phoenix squad basically doesn't exist in this game.
  • bitmoji
    143 posts Member
    Options
    Debuffs and ashoka what are you even talking about
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    Options
    bitmoji wrote: »
    Debuffs and ashoka what are you even talking about

An analogous light side buff team doesn't exist yet.

• Take_a_Bite
    352 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    So you want cassian :confounded:

Edit:
    I know you want a toon that hits harder for every unique debuff on a toon
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Olddumper wrote: »
    KueChael wrote: »

Between Tarkin DT Krennic and DT I can get 14 unique debuffs that don't over lap. How close to that is Phoenix squad. Also I'm venturing to say Phoenix squad basically doesn't exist in this game.

Soooo what you want is Cassian... ;) Of course the only character in the game with extreme debuff manipulation like that is.... a rebel... But hey at least the only character in the game with extreme buff manipulation like that is a.... oh.. also a rebel...
  • Xetal
    218 posts Member
    Options
    She does look like she would make an uncomfortable mattress.

The lightsabers probably have something to do with that.
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    Options
    Xetal wrote: »
    She does look like she would make an uncomfortable mattress.

The lightsabers probably have something to do with that.

Lol this got me.
  • Options
    Haha
    Well she is interesting with a toon who can turn debuffs into their opposites :)
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    She could use me as her mattress lol!
  • Options
    If by "not sleeping on her" you mean "spend $300 to 7* her" then I say no thanks. I'll farm her once she's available for free.

The same could be said for R2D2 though... I don't feel like his potential if fully realized right now. Perhaps when C3PO and Jedi Luke drop, R2 will synergize with them
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    Options
    NicolBolas wrote: »
    If by "not sleeping on her" you mean "spend $300 to 7* her" then I say no thanks. I'll farm her once she's available for free.

The same could be said for R2D2 though... I don't feel like his potential if fully realized right now. Perhaps when C3PO and Jedi Luke drop, R2 will synergize with them

No I don't mean start dropping old Ben Ben franklins on her I mean stash her set of gear and earmark a zeta for her. Maybe take the 25 shard pack.

If you are a whale though by all means whale on.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    I seriously can't be the only one who runs qgz, r2(z), GK, zoda, and ATF. I get that it's a lot of zetas to maximize its potential but it's an incredibly strong team.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    Options
    RAYRAY wrote: »
    I seriously can't be the only one who runs qgz, r2(z), GK, zoda, and ATF. I get that it's a lot of zetas to maximize its potential but it's an incredibly strong team.
    What is the turn order?
  • Any
    428 posts Member
    Options
    Really?

On offense is OK but on defense really sucks?
  • Options
    Her unique alone makes her a purely offensive character.
  • Mazurka
    961 posts Member
    Options
    Yep. Not a meta toon.
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    Options
    She looked so good on paper though... Now that I think of it in the team turn order she would probably be one of the last to attack in order to get the most buffs, even then other attackers hit harder?
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    Options
    Thank you for saving me $9.99 + a seriously ridiculous amount of crystals.
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    Options
    I knew it!! too much hype before her release.
  • Fatzke
    705 posts Member
    Options
    Thank God! \.O./
  • Fatzke
    705 posts Member
    Options
    Did you max her out?
  • Kitch
    171 posts Member
    Options
    She's not garbage. You seem to have set your expectations based on a promo video, which is never a good idea. She's decent but no meta changer - and I think that's a good thing.
  • Options
    Yes 7* g11 zeta. Even with 8buffs on her full cc cd mods I have yet to hit for more then 40k. I've hit for 80k with zylo. Churrit hits for 40k on a regular. For the amount of gear that she requires (it's an insane amount of gear ) she hits like a wet noodle. Perhaps in the weeks to come people will figure out the best way to maximize her damage.
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    Options
    HanSolo141 wrote: »
    And the truth be truly known... women hate being called Fat. Now, Lets end this one and head back to the mystery machine.

For real.

And truth be told (if this weren't fiction) if any of these Internet loudmouths were standing in front of the actual ATF. Ya know, with two actual lightsabers and no pesky "jedi code" holding her back, the last thing they'd do is call her FAT. This is also assuming they could get a word out of their mouths without running away to puke, because "talking to a girl".
  • Options
    What is your swgoh.gg account? can I look and see please.