Galaxy of Carbantis

Prev1
I don't need a Phoenix pack, or a fleet pack, or a mod pack. I just need a Carbanti pack, please:

https://swgoh.gg/db/gear/108/mk-3-carbanti-sensor-array/

(A stun cuff pack wouldn't hurt either.)

Just bundle 10 of these units up and sell them, save us the misery of waiting for them to show up in shipments.

Replies

• Options
    First world problems :)
    10x carbs better come with a steep discount, or that's almost a vault worth?
    But yeah, carbs are the new guns/cuffs
  • Options
    If the STR challenge was sometimes giving 7 of them instead of 3, it wouldn't be so bad.
    I choose the Red Pill.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    Gear grind starts with furnaces, then cuffs, then carbantis. And since carbs are the last ones I agree. I'd buy packs all day. I need 300+ full carbs right now. Not happy bout that.
  • WR4TH0R
    170 posts Member
    Options
    Lol 3 is so common in challenges, I decided to run a tier lower today to see if it had any impact, it did, got a couple of 2's, ughh
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    I too really dislike the amount of carbanti required for gearing currently. The mega pack wouldn't do much for me though.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Their answer to gear bottleneck= flash events. It wouldn't be so bad if we had a chance for that gear more often. Phoenix flash event is throughout the month. Again there very little tweaks they could do to help the bottleneck. Take challenge gear out of rewards. I'm good on the mk iv guns. Add a full gun into rancor rewards. Have every 4th flash event reup on gear.
  • Options
    I have 500 of them and I have already geared up Kenobi lol
  • Options
    Their answer to gear bottleneck= flash events. It wouldn't be so bad if we had a chance for that gear more often. Phoenix flash event is throughout the month. Again there very little tweaks they could do to help the bottleneck. Take challenge gear out of rewards. I'm good on the mk iv guns. Add a full gun into rancor rewards. Have every 4th flash event reup on gear.

And yet, from all gear available, I got the mk4 stun gun, which I have over 2000.
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Options
    Thrawn needs, what, 7 carbantis?

100's of pieces of gear. *only uses carbantis*
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    It can also fit with Galaxy Of Holo Projector, or Stun Guffs. R2 needs 8 Mk 3 Holo between gr 6 and 9 included. At least, Carbantis come with the challenges.
  • Kriesha
    113 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    If you want to gear up every character, then you will need 300 full carbantis - so 15000 pieces. This is, by far, the most commonly needed piece of equipment. Second seems to be MK3 Stun Cuffs - need 230 or 11500 pieces.
    Maybe for future characters it would be possible to focus more on other gear pieces :)
    PS. Some of those MK3 Carbantis could be replaced by MK1 Carbantis - a lot more farm friendly and also give +25 to Agi and Int.
  • Options
    Atlas1 wrote: »

I counted 11, but that included the ones you would need for stun guns aswell
  • Kriesha
    113 posts Member
    Options
    BulYwif wrote: »
    It can also fit with Galaxy Of Holo Projector, or Stun Guffs. R2 needs 8 Mk 3 Holo between gr 6 and 9 included. At least, Carbantis come with the challenges.

MK3 Holo Projectors are not even close to Carbanti/Stun Cuff level... Only need 249 of them. But, since they are just 20 pieces to combine, thats just a total of 4980.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    @Kriesha Where can you view those total numbers needed?
  • Kriesha
    113 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    leef wrote: »

swgoh.gg, under gear. You can see how many times a certain piece is used, by which character, on which gear level. It also shows if the gear is used by another piece and how many times that piece is needed etc.
    eg: https://swgoh.gg/db/gear/108/mk-3-carbanti-sensor-array/
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Kriesha wrote: »
    leef wrote: »

swgoh.gg, under gear. You can see how many times a certain piece is used, by which character, on which gear level. It also shows if the gear is used by another piece and how many times that piece is needed etc.
    eg: https://swgoh.gg/db/gear/108/mk-3-carbanti-sensor-array/

thanks. I never noticed the total amount before -_-
  • Options
    Palanthian wrote: »
    I don't need a Phoenix pack, or a fleet pack, or a mod pack. I just need a Carbanti pack, please:

Just bundle 10 of these units up and sell them, save us the misery of waiting for them to show up in shipments.

Agree. They increased the drop amounts of the carbantis from challenges but I've yet to see more than 5 drop at a time with the normal being 3. I average 18 each challenge day which speaks for the drop rate.

I think it would also be fair if carbantis, syringes, stun guns and cuffs were reduced to 750 crystals in shipments. The newer gold gear that is partial is cheaper for whatever reason.
  • Sarryen
    474 posts Member
    Options
    @BoxandthefuzzForever actually it seems that they DECREASED the overall average drop rate of MK3 carbanti from the challenges since the QoL update. It seems that they made it look like you can now get 7 (but nobody ever does) while significantly increasing the chance of getting only 3 or 4.

Before QoL update it was almost guaranteed that you would get 5 carbanti every challenge at the top level. Now it is usually 3 or 4. I am pretty certain this is real as many other people have commented on here about the same thing.

If this is correct then it means from 3 challenge days per week we are getting only one full item compared to 1.5 per week pre QoL update.
  • Options
    Sarryen wrote: »
    @BoxandthefuzzForever actually it seems that they DECREASED the overall average drop rate of MK3 carbanti from the challenges since the QoL update. It seems that they made it look like you can now get 7 (but nobody ever does) while significantly increasing the chance of getting only 3 or 4.

Before QoL update it was almost guaranteed that you would get 5 carbanti every challenge at the top level. Now it is usually 3 or 4. I am pretty certain this is real as many other people have commented on here about the same thing.

If this is correct then it means from 3 challenge days per week we are getting only one full item compared to 1.5 per week pre QoL update.

That's kind of what I was referring to but maybe didn't word it as eloquently. I realise 7 is possible but I've never seen more than 5 which is pretty ridiculous considering how long ago the QOL update was. Cut the RNG and just make it an even 5 per drop.
  • Options

That's kind of what I was referring to but maybe didn't word it as eloquently. I realise 7 is possible but I've never seen more than 5 which is pretty ridiculous considering how long ago the QOL update was. Cut the RNG and just make it an even 5 per drop.

Exactly, it still takes 2 days of challenges to make 1 full Carbanti. So every week you could farm 1.5 Carbantis. Even at 5 per drop that's not many. When a character like GK needs 9. It will take 6 weeks just to farm them.
  • Options
    Palanthian wrote: »

You can farm carbantis. Between that and the challenges I'm about to get my second one this week.
  • Options
    I've never seen more than 5. Since the update, my accumulation of these has gone down quite a bit; not up. I used to get 5 pretty much every time, so I could expect to get a full set of 50 in two challenge days (usually Sunday/Monday). Now, it takes three.

The big grind for me right now is Mk 5 stun guns. I need 5 of them for my rebel team; it's insane.
  • Options
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    BGutesjahr wrote: »

Exactly, it still takes 2 days of challenges to make 1 full Carbanti. So every week you could farm 1.5 Carbantis. Even at 5 per drop that's not many. When a character like GK needs 9. It will take 6 weeks just to farm them.

You can easy get 3
  • Options
    DarthTaral wrote: »
    Atlas1 wrote: »

I counted 11, but that included the ones you would need for stun guns aswell

I believe it's actually 8 total. And 2 of those are between gear 11 and 12. So it only takes 6 to actually get to gear 11.
  • Tavanh
    523 posts Member
    Options
    @Taramel You just made me a sad panda today. :(
  • Options
    Pretty sure that the challenges are bugged, I don't think I have ever heard of anyone getting 7 carbantis. I think they are set at a 3-5 drop when they should be 5-7.
  • Options
    So - NP, ~3 Carbantis x 5 is 15. 3 times a week is 45. That's just 365 weeks!
    NO-PROB.gif
    (Yeah, I know you can farm them elsewise, they're in "raid" gear, and you pick a few up for events.... but stilll)
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    I have a maxed out Han Solo. I have GK, though not maxed. Been doing raids a long time, and NEVER got a single carbanti. I get Mk7 scanners, MkV furnaces and Nubian disks aplenty (and that's fine...especially the furnaces which every toon will need at some point). But other than the occasional stun cuff, thermal detonator or the blessedly rare MkV droid caller, that's it. Never a single carbanti, ever.