35 Allies, yet no allies available?!

Skye
795 posts Member
edited December 2015
Like the title says, I have 35 allies yet... I can't find a single one of them when I need them...

Someone really needs to explain how this ally system works... do the people need to be close level to me? do they need to be playing the game at the same time as me or conversely do they need to be offline when I am playing? Is there some form of cooldown after you use an ally?

When someone else has used a particular player as an ally, does it put them into some sort of global cooldown?... It would be nice to know what is what?

Cause these 35 allies might not as well even be there as I can never seem to find any!
Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!

Replies

• Options
    When you use an ally for a mission they go on cooldown for 4 hours. Either you've used all 35 of your allies in that period of time and have no more left to choose or you're running battles where your allies don't have appropriate characters available. e.g Running Dark Side missions and all your allies have Light Side characters set so they don't show up for you to select.

I've also found that if I back out of a screen and go back into the ally select it'll repopulate it, sometimes your allies don't show up immediately but if you refresh it they will.
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Dunno about the cooldown, I have a friend say that once he used my LS leader, he hadn't seen me since... But I told him that may have been because I have been doing DS battles the past two days....

So then it leads me to wonder if allies available for one particular side for light or dark side battles, that your ally must have done that particular side battle last for them to pop up? i.e. they must have done a dark side battle last for their dark side leader to pop up as a potential ally.

Sometimes the refresh doesn't even show anyone after 5 or so tries... And I'm pretty sure I haven't used all 35 of my allies certainly not in the past four hours, as I hadn't even been on for the past six!

EDIT but it does make me wonder if your ally uses your leader that puts a global cooldown between the two of you?

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • Options
    If you use an ally they go on cooldown for you only. There's no shared global cooldown between you and your ally.

Ally character is the leader of the last team that was used in any battle. So yes, if all you've done is DS missions then your friend won't see you available as an ally for their LS missions.
  • Options
    Is there anyway to see your ally's profile?
  • Options
    @Darkcloud wrote: »

Not that I'm aware of. Hopefully they add that function in the game when they also give us the ability to see our own Arena stats.
  • Options
    Slushie wrote: »
    @Darkcloud wrote: »

Not that I'm aware of. Hopefully they add that function in the game when they also give us the ability to see our own Arena stats.

Well the only time you can see small info about an ally is when u send them a request.. But that is it.. After that there's no way to revisit that option again which is sad :neutral:
  • Options
    I actually have a question with regard to ally points. I am playing 2 accounts with my iphone and ipad, so I noticed that you only get ally point if you engage in the battle. The ally who loans his help, however, was never rewarded the 20 ally points EA claims.
    swgoh.gg/u/Sysydrexler007
  • Options
    Sysy wrote: »
    I actually have a question with regard to ally points. I am playing 2 accounts with my iphone and ipad, so I noticed that you only get ally point if you engage in the battle. The ally who loans his help, however, was never rewarded the 20 ally points EA claims.

Could be lag, I know some requests from real life friends took a while before they came through... Only way to test it is literally not do anything on one account for a day and use that ally on another account and keep checking every hour or so.

That said it wouldn't surprise me if it is broken

• Options
    This is a known issue I think. Your ally doesnt get any coins rewarded. It is already in the bug section
  • Options
    Also, you won't see an ally if their leader is a character that is currently in your group since the game won't allow you to use two of the same character. Try subbing out some of the more popular characters and see if more allies show up.
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Also, you won't see an ally if their leader is a character that is currently in your group since the game won't allow you to use two of the same character. Try subbing out some of the more popular characters and see if more allies show up.

Trust me I'm pretty certain its not that, I seen the same leaders appear that are in my team, I can actually select a leader that is already in my team and what that does is replace that character in my team with someone else in my roster

• Options
    Skye wrote: »

Trust me I'm pretty certain its not that, I seen the same leaders appear that are in my team, I can actually select a leader that is already in my team and what that does is replace that character in my team with someone else in my roster

Odd, I'll have to test this out more. I used to see Sid all the time in my ally list, but after I finally got him and added him to my team I've never seen him again in my ally list. Also, I never see Chewie or Dooku either (they are on my team).

Not sure if this matters, but I play on iOS, what about you?
  • Options
    Get more friend from the server your on and you will start seeing more options. I think it's buggy for friends on other servers. Just an observation
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    Options

Odd, I'll have to test this out more. I used to see Sid all the time in my ally list, but after I finally got him and added him to my team I've never seen him again in my ally list. Also, I never see Chewie or Dooku either (they are on my team).

Not sure if this matters, but I play on iOS, what about you?

Nope android here
    Cythis wrote: »
    Get more friend from the server your on and you will start seeing more options. I think it's buggy for friends on other servers. Just an observation

can't add more, already at cap at 35. have to replace some, but without understand the mechanic of how the ally system really works I could potentially be shooting myself in the foot

• Options
    Outside of the initial rewards for collecting Allies, I haven't yet seen any benefit to doing this at all and never got anything else since then and all I can gather is that this was poorly created and has little if no effect on your game. I'd say just get your ally codes here and populate the open spaces, get your free gear for doing this and forget about it....
  • Options
    Can't wait for the bug fix to get bronzium credit for lending.
    I'd take on more lower level players if it worked. As it stands now, there's no incentive to ally yourself to anyone at a lower level.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    Options
    I'd take on more lower level players if it worked. As it stands now, there's no incentive to ally yourself to anyone at a lower level.

Depends how low level, if more than 10 levels I understand you, but within five levels, most allies are significantly better than the AI ones available... There's a huge difference between a 2 star chewbacca and a 4 star one even five levels below me... It's incentive enough for me given some PvE nodes are a heck of lot easier with a player built leader than a default premade AI ones

• Options
    I've only had to drop one person that kept popping up with a Level 2 guy, and it was always the same toon, probably because i was already using all the regular freebie toons in those missions. Earning those ally points at twice the rate is definitely helpful. i can usually open 4 extra bronze packs just from normal play. It seems to pay to auto vs sim just for the extra points.
  • Options

I'd rather have active lower level players than inactive high level players since there's a chance that their mains are only available to allies during a period of activity (either they have the game open or have played in the past N minutes).

But yeah I hope they fix this soon. Also hope they credit people who were nice enough to let me use their chars and credit me for all the people I've helped out.

• Options
    I have a similar issue where it says I have 35/35 allies. However when I went to the manage tab in my allies menu I only count 10? Even when I delete allies it only shows the same allies from that list of 10. Does anyone know if this is a bug or are the other 25 players not shown no longer active in the game?