Holding rank without Kenobi

Prev134
Hey guys so I'm having a tough go in arena lately. I can make it to number 1 but I usually drop to 20-25 sometimes more. Do any of you have better results while not using GK? Thanks.

Replies

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    I'm sure a lot of zMaul teams have better results.
  • Options
    From what I can tell, teams can't stay in place anymore. You just kinda have to be ready to climb back up every day.
  • Options
    No GK and a team that holds? Rex,r2,chaze,zarris.Or DN instead of zarris.and speed mods
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    My team with Rex, GK, Chaze, DN will drop 24-26 spots on defense. I can get to #1 on offense, but I can't stay in the top twenty on defense.

There are a lot of teams that can get to #1 right now. They will knock you down on their way up. Then it's your turn. Etc.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    From what I can tell, teams can't stay in place anymore. You just kinda have to be ready to climb back up every day.

This.

As long as you can keep winning on offense, you are fine.

The rest comes down to mods. Team composition is about who does the best under AI, not a specific toon.
  • Options
    Everyone has the same experience here, you can get #1 and be knocked down as easily, the mods will say how much you go down, the guys outside top100 can't beat great mods, top50 can't beat ultrasupermega mods, so you either go from 20s or 50s.
  • JRCPKT99
    292 posts Member
    Options

This exactly.

Arena is no longer a meta team plus speed equals top ten.

It's now how many battles, timing, colluding with other arenamates, and the ever present RNG
  • STRIKEBOMB
    1232 posts Member
    Options
    If you can get to rank 1 at payout with 1 refresh then defense doesn't matter anyways
  • THE_OP
    6 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    The thing is though there is not alot of turn around in my top ten. Always the same people and I can easily beat their teams so why don't they drop? Is it really that they must play all day to stay up there?

Thanks for all the replies
  • Options
    My awesome arena shardmates in Thunderdome are great for helping each other so we dont knock each other back but also keeping "outsiders" trying to sneak in top 10 and knocking one of us out too, knowing each others payout is a huge help.
  • THE_OP
    6 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Maybe im the outsider :/
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    +1 to no sticky. My triple cleanse falls as far as 35 sometimes. Gk or no gk, doesn't matter.
  • Options
    VanKings22 wrote: »
    My awesome arena shardmates in Thunderdome are great for helping each other so we dont knock each other back but also keeping "outsiders" trying to sneak in top 10 and knocking one of us out too, knowing each others payout is a huge help.

"Keeping outsiders trying to sneak in top 10?"

Is top 10 yours to hold?Or your guild's?

You sound like a bully in an elementary school..You guys (and many others in many shards) are the worst kind of thing in this game and games in general..
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member
    Options

You sound like a bully in an elementary school..You guys (and many others in many shards) are the worst kind of thing in this game and games in general..

LOL, chill man! It's just a game and it's a competitive game that allows you to help and be helped by your shardmates, if you have them in a discord chat or something, it has nothing to do with bullying at school, that's some serious stuff man...

Also, i bet you don't talk to your shardmates and help yourself, otherwise you wouldn't be such a hater... It's part of the game, and untill it changes (which i think it's unlikely), it will remain as it is.
  • Options
    THE_OP wrote: »
    The thing is though there is not alot of turn around in my top ten. Always the same people and I can easily beat their teams so why don't they drop? Is it really that they must play all day to stay up there?

Thanks for all the replies

That's my shard essentially, same 10 people at any time during the game. I think the only thing to do is find your shard chat and join it if they allow you to so you can also work to prevent people, like you, from breaking in.
  • Options

I disagree. Me and the people on my shard always target newbies that enter the top 10 and 20. Why you might ask? Because we have held the ranks for a very long time now..and for newbies to enter..thinking they are even worthy to place at the top ranks..sorry but you ARE NOT worthy. Unless you can prove yourself that you belong there..you get dropped, soon as you enter. This is our territory! We live here and you all are just a visiting, strolling through the neighborhood. You can enjoy the veiw, but thats all you gonna enjoy. The top ranks are the most competitive and thats why the OP keeps getting knocked back. He is freshmeat..and his shard mates are gonna continue to devour him.

You say people like us are the worst kind of things with this game and games in general...but me and my people payed money, spent time and labored day after day to progress our rosters and to remain at the top of the food chain.

In our eyes you all are the worst things about this game and games in general. You all complain when you cant beat something. You all cry nerf when you cant beat something. And you all feel yourselves entitled because you finally reach the top 10 then cry about how you get dropped back because somehow you all think you are all worthy and entitled to even belong there.

Have a nice day.

• Options
    I run rex dn chase and kylo normally stay in the top 15
  • Options

I disagree. Me and the people on my shard always target newbies that enter the top 10 and 20. Why you might ask? Because we have held the ranks for a very long time now..and for newbies to enter..thinking they are even worthy to place at the top ranks..sorry but you ARE NOT worthy. Unless you can prove yourself that you belong there..you get dropped, soon as you enter. This is our territory! We live here and you all are just a visiting, strolling through the neighborhood. You can enjoy the veiw, but thats all you gonna enjoy. The top ranks are the most competitive and thats why the OP keeps getting knocked back. He is freshmeat..and his shard mates are gonna continue to devour him.

You say people like us are the worst kind of things with this game and games in general...but me and my people payed money, spent time and labored day after day to progress our rosters and to remain at the top of the food chain.

In our eyes you all are the worst things about this game and games in general. You all complain when you cant beat something. You all cry nerf when you cant beat something. And you all feel yourselves entitled because you finally reach the top 10 then cry about how you get dropped back because somehow you all think you are all worthy and entitled to even belong there.

Have a nice day.

What are you talking about? Is the top yours by right? Why do you think you're entitled to it? And before you say anything, I chat with my shard mates, we don't bother each other during our payouts so we don't waste attacks. But we do NOT target "new" people or people we don't know. If someone new comes and fights with me during my payout, it will be a fair fight, I won't be asking people to drop him away.

To the OP, sorry your thread took this weird turn
  • Options

Have a nice day.

I actually feel sorry for you mate..

Honestly.
  • Options
    To hold rank you need exceptional god mods. Only one guy in my shard is really capable of it. Almost everyone has to climb back everyday. GK only helps a little.
  • Options
    THE_OP wrote: »
    Hey guys so I'm having a tough go in arena lately. I can make it to number 1 but I usually drop to 20-25 sometimes more. Do any of you have better results while not using GK? Thanks.

Only way is contact your Shard mates communication work out payout time and you rarely drop
  • THE_OP
    6 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    That guy is a mental case. And I'm far from a newb.

https://swgoh.gg/u/asmokeyg/
  • Options

Bullying? LOL no that is teamwork by a many different guilds in a shard chat that the other chose not to join so yeah he will keep them out and work together and spend as few crystals all possible to not fuel the money grab machine that is EA, if they chose to get in the chat they would be doing the same and spending less, we have all tried contacting them to get them in and shot own so yeah we will run the top 10 and spend less doing it.

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Bullying? LOL no that is teamwork by a many different guilds in a shard chat that the other chose not to join so yeah he will keep them out and work together and spend as few crystals all possible to not fuel the money grab machine that is EA, if they chose to get in the chat they would be doing the same and spending less, we have all tried contacting them to get them in and shot own so yeah we will run the top 10 and spend less doing it.

So if an individual player doesn't want to play the game the way you guys think/decided it should be played, that player can't enter the top10 without being targetted by multiple players working together? meanwhile you guys are padding eachother on the back because you're working so well together fighting the money grabbing machine.
    but hey, atleast you tried contacting them and giving them a choice; conform are face the consequences. Yea, you guys really are good samaritans ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    leef wrote: »

So if an individual player doesn't want to play the game the way you guys think/decided it should be played, that player can't enter the top10 without being targetted by multiple players working together? meanwhile you guys are padding eachother on the back because you're working so well together fighting the money grabbing machine.
    but hey, atleast you tried contacting them and giving them a choice; conform are face the consequences. Yea, you guys really are good samaritans ;)
    Nope not at all, what I'm saying is we watch each others back like a team and if someone is going to snipe one of our guys at payout that player is going to get pushed back. Want to get first after our payout? Hey go for it, its not bullying thats working as a team, if someone somehow gets in first and holds it good for them but usually doesnt happen.

• Options

LDNW5Zy.png
  • Options
    Think of it this way if you help your chatting shardmates grow stronger by helping them with snipers during their payout you can get a stronger grip on your arena shard to continue your dominance. And we all know that Tarkin can only appreciate firm grips :wink:
  • Options
    Only way to really hold rank without ultra mods or being big whale is make a pack with shardmates.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/89056/line-id-swag2017-sharky-rumple-nikitanik5667-angry-legion-adarta-volitan/p1

Work together and rise in the ranking or be a lone wolf and get snipe and plummet in the ranking the choice is yours.
  • Options
    leef wrote: »

Nope not at all, what I'm saying is we watch each others back like a team and if someone is going to snipe one of our guys at payout that player is going to get pushed back. Want to get first after our payout? Hey go for it, its not bullying thats working as a team, if someone somehow gets in first and holds it good for them but usually doesnt happen.

So.... like a team of bullies then?