Game Update 6/28/2017 *7/3 UPDATE*

Prev13456789
Vampire_X
1435 posts Moderator
edited July 2017
UPDATE 7/3 Hiya Holotable heroes!
Remember this ol' Chestnut? You may recall we excised some of the bugs that were meant for this update to address OTHER outstanding kerfuffles? Well, now that we're back on track, let's revisit those golden oldies. Cheers!

THRAWN AI AND BUG
After reviewing Thrawn’s performance in the wild, we’ve decided to make a few changes and updates to Thrawn’s AI and units’ AI using his granted Maneuver ability. Additionally, we’ve made a bug fix to abilities that count debuffs so that they correctly identify Fracture as a debuff.
  • Grand Admiral Thrawn: Empire allies will now only use "Maneuver" (granted by "Legendary Strategist") when they are debuffed.
  • Grand Admiral Thrawn: Will now use "Fracture" as though it were a regular attack, instead of only when an enemy is buffed. (He will still prefer buffed targets.)
  • Grand Admiral Thrawn: "Fracture" will now consistently count as a debuff

KYLO REN RAID ESCAPE BUG
Recently, we said that we would be fixing a bug where Kylo Ren’s Unstoppable ability was causing the cooldown on the Escape ability granted in raids to reset in a way we did not intend. We’ve corrected the behavior in this release.

BUGS

EWOKS
  • Fixed the expiration conditions for Ewok Scout's unique ability so it recalculates properly whenever an Ewok ally is revived or dies.
  • Fixed stealth in Teebo's "Scramble Tactics" so he does not get extra vulnerability from Boba Fett.
  • Ewok Elder now grants Turn Meter from his basic to other allies if it first grants Turn Meter to himself.
  • Ewok Elder's basic attack now grants himself 50% Turn Meter as intended
  • Chief Chirpa will now gain turn meter on a killing blow if the enemy had more than 50% turn meter.
GENERAL
  • Fixed an issue where Grand Master's Training Event Tier VII star requirement is wrong
LANGUAGE
  • Spanish- Fixed a mistranslation of Mob Enforcer
  • Spanish- Fixed a typo on Fulcrum Ahsoka
  • Fixed grammar error Poe Dameron's X-Wing description
Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
Post edited by Kozispoon on

Replies

• Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    So, if Zylo was the only way we got through phase 1, we have to back out and come back in if escape didn't work right? Bummer.
  • Options
    Ender22 wrote: »
    So, if Zylo was the only way we got through phase 1, we have to back out and come back in if escape didn't work right? Bummer.

Pretty much. All this did was make it take a lot longer and make it more tedious.
  • NightwingTR
    169 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    "Golden oldies" means C-3PO ?!?! with Ewoks ?!?!
  • Svatlas
    183 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks for the Smurf fix!
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Calling it a Kylo ren bug is not real... Landos escape does the same when he scored more than one critical hit with his aoe

You have to change that too or I would call this a complete zKylo NERF imo...
  • vynn
    205 posts Member
    Options
    So all this time guilds have been collecting GK shards using zKR to solo HAAT - Phase 1 and now that my guild is ready to complete HAAT for the very first time zKR is getting nerfed. This is not a level playing field.
  • Options
    İt was actually logical to make the retreat refresh that is probably why they didn t changed it nerfed it for a while but devs probably thought it was going much easier so they changed it just like nute(though there was something needs to be changed with the leader ability)and zader on rancor unfortunately this nerf was gonna happen either way :/
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options

vynn wrote: »
    So all this time guilds have been collecting GK shards using zKR to solo HAAT - Phase 1 and now that my guild is ready to complete HAAT for the very first time zKR is getting nerfed. This is not a level playing field.

First off, many guilds were doing HAAT without the Zylo thing. I was in a F2P guild killing the tank before Zylo existed. Most don't need it.

Second, the devs said explicitly, and quite a while ago I might add, this was coming. You should have been planning for this. Besides if everyone in your guild has a garbage Jedi team you can get past P1. Or hit him like 2-3 times with any meta damage dealer. It's easy.
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Gamorrean wrote: »
    Calling it a Kylo ren bug is not real... Landos escape does the same when he scored more than one critical hit with his aoe

I don't know what you're talking about, but why give them ideas to nerf more? Seems like sharing information like that is the problem. It was when they nerfed Nute that everyone said that then you should also nerf Zylo, well, they complied. So don't ask for a nerf, or display something great, unless you actually want it nerfed.
  • Options
    And that's the ewok pass over
  • Options
    So, how is Thrawn doing on defense?
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    Options
    Ender22 wrote: »

I don't know what you're talking about, but why give them ideas to nerf more? Seems like sharing information like that is the problem. It was when they nerfed Nute that everyone said that then you should also nerf Zylo, well, they complied. So don't ask for a nerf, or display something great, unless you actually want it nerfed.

I dont care lol

Landos escape refresh dosen't matter much anyways.. But if Kylo was a bug, then lando is too.
  • Options
    Glad I'm switching to thrawn L, dt, GK, shore, Nihilus :wink:
  • Foxets
    25 posts Member
    Options
    The gap between players who have Kenobi and who do not have it has become more
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Options
    Foxets wrote: »

I was about to get him into weeks too. Now the top three of our guild is leaving for this new guild event. I understand, they want to be competitive. Then to add on top of this, phase 1 just got a whole lot harder. Bummer.
  • Striker
    198 posts Member
    Options
    Foxets wrote: »

simple jedi squad for phase 1 resolve your problem... You only need to do 2% damage, thats a bit.
  • Options

I agree completely. Ability block has always affected escape, so escape should be treated like other abilities. Which means the escape cd should be reset along with other abilities. This is clearly a nerf & not a bug fix.
  • Options
    Can we just fix the daily ticket counter.
    Please
    | ANZGC | Exile |
  • Options
    I'm sorry but this was seriously horrible. Kylo can still Solo phase 1 but requires too much time. No extra resources no extra gear. "Fix"ing this did NOTHING except **** of zylo players. It literally changes nothing in the game but makes us waste our lives for resets when what used to be a reasonable way to clear p1
  • Options
    When fracture was not a debuff, it actually worked on fulcrum Ahsoka. Is this a stealth Thrawn nerf and she is now immune?
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    Options

I agree completely. Ability block has always affected escape, so escape should be treated like other abilities. Which means the escape cd should be reset along with other abilities. This is clearly a nerf & not a bug fix.

very true
  • Aitken
    19 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    How can it be a "bug" the escape has a cooldown, his unique resets cooldowns and it doesn't say "ability cooldowns only" so as far as I can see it's only pertinent that the escape cooldown refreshes!!..... And the guy who mentions lando has a point if it's a bug on kylo it's a bug on lando. They haven't bothered with lando as he can't solo a phase. You know I don't need to spend money on this game CG... I do it because it's fun.... Stop taking the fun out of it and moving the goalposts all the time! Don't lie to us just tell us the truth... Zylo = less cash spent. Greedy just plain greedy.
  • jejuzang
    710 posts Member
    Options
    So tell me is Zylo still worth working towards after reading the bug fix in the update section?

Seems like alot of people are about to perma bench a toon.
  • Options
    I think he's still valuable just gonna take longer for p1
  • Kojih
    40 posts Member
    Options
    Kylo was useless... now zylo is useless too..
    Thanks EA...
  • Options
    KYLO REN RAID ESCAPE BUG
    Recently, we said that we would be fixing a bug where Kylo Ren’s Unstoppable ability was causing the cooldown on the Escape ability granted in raids to reset in a way we did not intend. We’ve corrected the behavior in this release.

Ok, yes, I know they said they would fix it, and no, it doesn't affect our guild's ability to do haat, but I think we should look at the big picture here:

zkylo helps guilds right on the cusp to beat haat and get gk shards. it is the perfect stepping stone, get a few in guild and you can focus on p2 and p3, the tough ones. Taking away this "bug" means that those guilds on the cusp are no longer able to run haat, and those guilds planning a haat run in the next few weeks will have to put it off. Makes things harder for those people who just want to get some gk shards. This can lead to the best people in these cusp guilds possibly leaving, putting their old guilds in even worse shape.

The phase can still be soloed of course... just will make it must more frustrating for people to do. Think about how rage inducing it would be to know that you don't have enough damage and have to do it with zkylo and fail like 10 straight escapes. Always a good decision when you change something to make it far more frustrating for thousands of players...

It also brings up the issue of the escape mechanism in the first place. If a character is ability blocked, they cannot escape... but if it doesn't reset for zklyo, is it an ability? These contradict each other. So, should escape be adjusted now to not be affected by ability block? Or should zkylo's ability explanation be changed... and if it is, is it not a nerf?

Also, love that this got passed into the game while they give us a first taste of new content, for the first time in months. Well played.

Just devil's advocate here, as I said, this doesn't affect me, but it does affect a LOT of other players out there. I feel these are valid points, any thoughts?
  • Options
    Yah it's a bummer but crap happens
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Options
    Nah, he's still viable, and to me one of the top toons to zeta. Got me a quick meteoric rise in Arena, one of my most useful toons in GW, and will still get you a lot of dmg phase 1 for just focusing on one toon.
  • Options
    He can still kick your deck into the dirt in Arena
  • Options
    Can sometime please explain to me what was going on previously with ewok elder that has now been fixed?