Level 90 please

Replies

• Options
    Can we get level cap up to 90 please? Running out of characters to level up.

No thank you.
  • Curadan
    49 posts Member
    Options
    A level cap increase is only going to reward those that hoarded credits. Unless you're buying them with crystals, it's not going to be much harder for f2p to catch up.
  • Curadan
    49 posts Member
    Options
    You need to keep in mind that not every shard is as old as yours... So yours might see a bit of a shakeup, doesn't mean everybody else will.
  • StarSon
    7477 posts Member
    Options
    TommySitt wrote: »
    Curadan wrote: »
    You need to keep in mind that not every shard is as old as yours... So yours might see a bit of a shakeup, doesn't mean everybody else will.

This is what puzzles me, why don't the devs enable a lvl cap increase in line with shard age? I used to play Heroes Charge, and that's what they did. How it would/should work here is, for example, lvl 50 for one month, lvl 60 for 2 months, lvl 70 for 3 months, lvl 80 for 4 months, lvl 85 for 6 months, lvl 90 for 8 months, something like that, shard specific.

Why though? Level is largely irrelevant here, except that certain gear and ability levels need certain levels. Without adding g12, there is no point for a level increase, shard based or otherwise.

Probably, we'll get level 90 and g12 when we get the Death Star raid in the spring.
  • Curadan
    49 posts Member
    Options
    My guess is the devs already have their hands more than full with territory battles & new toons. Adding a new gear level in particular also has a lot of balance implications.
  • Blamo
    25 posts Member
    Options
    Please no. I'm enjoying working on side projects for a change.

Agreed

Agreed with your agreed.
  • StarSon
    7477 posts Member
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »

This is what puzzles me, why don't the devs enable a lvl cap increase in line with shard age? I used to play Heroes Charge, and that's what they did. How it would/should work here is, for example, lvl 50 for one month, lvl 60 for 2 months, lvl 70 for 3 months, lvl 80 for 4 months, lvl 85 for 6 months, lvl 90 for 8 months, something like that, shard specific.

Why though? Level is largely irrelevant here, except that certain gear and ability levels need certain levels. Without adding g12, there is no point for a level increase, shard based or otherwise.

Probably, we'll get level 90 and g12 when we get the Death Star raid in the spring.

Yes, lvl cap increases are there mostly to enable higher gear tiers, which is where you get most of your stat boosts. If they intend to make us wait another 8 months for that, shame on them! That's too much time to allow non-elites to hoard credits, crystals, and zetas.

It is my understanding that 90 and g12 are supposed to be the final caps. It would make sense then that we sit at 85 a long time before raising for the final cap. Also, this game has always been pretty good to f2p types, so it makes sense they would give time to catch up.
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Options
    evoluza wrote: »
    Pyrefly wrote: »
    Hate to break it to you the last time they said 'there is no level cap on the horizon, its not even being contemplated' (paraphrasing) they dropped it a week later. Total and utter **** so I'd take anything said with a grain of salt.
    Source for this claim?
    Accidental leaked footage by Mobilegamer clearly showed a character being levelled to gear 12 and theres no way that isn't in there unless its being actively worked on.
    Totally false. You'll always see that on a developer build.
    Here, for example, is another video that MobileGamer did back in November '16, over 8 months ago, which shows him using a dev build. You'll note that all the characters have green +'s on all G11 gear slots, even the cog wheel ones that are normally grayed out on release builds. You can also see several GL12 "allies" when he's browsing for an ally.
    Just because they've had the framework in place for upgrading the GL to 12 for a long time doesn't mean that they're actively working on it or intend for it to be released anytime soon.

Read my post over yours. If someone is wrong then you, sir.
    I read your post and found nothing compelling in it.
    And yet you're going to ignore the fact that G12 has been in the developer build at least since the level cap was raised to 85 over 8 months ago. Bravo.

Youbsee that thing behind the green cross? All of them where the same for 8 month. Now they changed the icon. Everytime the devs claim they are hard on work. Do you think they change the icons for no reason? Hope you understand me now.
    I read your post and understood it. I still found nothing compelling.
    The cog wheel icon used for unreleased gear slots is still there behind the green crosses in G11. The only time you saw an icon behind the green cross for unreleased gear was in G12. What I took from this was that they added the gear needed to go up to who-knows-what gear level, but intentionally grayed out or broke the link in-game for any gear piece that could be seen at G11. The only way you'd see the ones that weren't blocked was in a developer build that went past where it was supposed to.
    Do you see how easy that was to explain away? Especially when you realize that G12 has existed since at least November '16 in a developer build.
    This is nothing new. People have datamined unreleased gear long since. This Mk 7 Furnace, for example, has been on swgoh.gg for many, many months. And it requires level 95. Are you now going to say that you expect level 95 soon because they're obviously actively working on it?
    No.
    They have placeholder gear in the game files right now. The developer build has unlocked access to it. But that gear is probably not balanced, and even if it were, it wouldn't mean that they were willing to release it anytime soon.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • Options
    +1mil on a level increase!
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Options
    Exclusive gear will be a reward from the new content. Unless they're only talking about ship omegas, it can only be g12.
    Not really. Ship hardware (mods) or even 6-dot or 7-dot character mods could be considered "gear". Or exclusive could mean non-farmable (raid) gear, though it'd be a poor word choice if that were the case. Or they could even have meant to say exclusive rewards instead of exclusive gear, considering the release of Hoth Han and Hoth Leia exclusively through the Territory Battles shipment store.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Options
    IIRC, when mobilegamer tried to do a battle after upgrading that toon to g12, the game crashed. Don't go off what you see on a dev build. They don't have the same limitations a normal player account does. I've been to EA before on a prior game and just because the game will let you do something doesn't mean it won't crash afterwards.
    To be fair, the game didn't crash. He unplugged the tablet (21:31) with the developer build from the feed so that he could get someone to reset that developer account. He plugged in his own personal ipad temporarily. He did the same thing earlier (11:35) when he was getting a Connection Error message.
  • Options

It could disincentivize spending -- someone on a younger shard might be willing to spend a boatload to level up faster, but if they have an artificial time-frame cap added, it might not be worthwhile. Additionally, since guilds aren't shard-age restricted, it could create problems with that.

As to @Curadan's point, that doesn't necessarily matter as much. Younger shards that haven't been sitting stagnant for as long might not get the shake-up, but it also means that they haven't been as stagnant.
  • Tavanh
    523 posts Member
    Options
    I say bring it and get it over with. The biggest complaint from me will be when G12 is implemented and I lose my easy nodes and get even harder nodes.
  • Options
    Hate to break it to you the last time they said 'there is no level cap on the horizon, its not even being contemplated' (paraphrasing) they dropped it a week later. Total and utter **** so I'd take anything said with a grain of salt.
    Source for this claim?
    Accidental leaked footage by Mobilegamer clearly showed a character being levelled to gear 12 and theres no way that isn't in there unless its being actively worked on.
    Here, for example, is another video that MobileGamer did back in November '16, over 8 months ago, which shows him using a dev build. You'll note that all the characters have green +'s on all G11 gear slots, even the cog wheel ones that are normally grayed out on release builds. You can also see several GL12 "allies" when he's browsing for an ally.
    Just because they've had the framework in place for upgrading the GL to 12 for a long time doesn't mean that they're actively working on it or intend for it to be released anytime soon.

And yet you're going to ignore the fact that G12 has been in the developer build at least since the level cap was raised to 85 over 8 months ago. Bravo.

Youbsee that thing behind the green cross? All of them where the same for 8 month. Now they changed the icon. Everytime the devs claim they are hard on work. Do you think they change the icons for no reason? Hope you understand me now.
    The cog wheel icon used for unreleased gear slots is still there behind the green crosses in G11. The only time you saw an icon behind the green cross for unreleased gear was in G12. What I took from this was that they added the gear needed to go up to who-knows-what gear level, but intentionally grayed out or broke the link in-game for any gear piece that could be seen at G11. The only way you'd see the ones that weren't blocked was in a developer build that went past where it was supposed to.
    Do you see how easy that was to explain away?

Can you repeat that in English please as it doesn't make much sense?

• Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Options
    Source for this claim?

I read your post and understood it. I still found nothing compelling.
    Do you see how easy that was to explain away? Especially when you realize that G12 has existed since at least November '16 in a developer build.
    This is nothing new. People have datamined unreleased gear long since. This Mk 7 Furnace, for example, has been on swgoh.gg for many, many months. And it requires level 95. Are you now going to say that you expect level 95 soon because they're obviously actively working on it?
    No.
    They have placeholder gear in the game files right now. The developer build has unlocked access to it. But that gear is probably not balanced, and even if it were, it wouldn't mean that they were willing to release it anytime soon.

Naaa you don't get it. Belief me or not. We will see what comes.
    I answered literally exactly what you stated, but apparently I "don't get it".
    Wow. Excellent comeback. /sarcasm
  • Options
    I'm just patiently waiting to see how many people actually quit if they decide to raise the cap.

Personally if someone is already so invested in the game in terms of time, energy and money ... not to mention chatting with all the friends they made along the way ... I think it's silly to rage quit, especially if their friends are still playing on.

giphy.gif
  • Options
    I too would like level 90.

In about 2 years.
  • Options
    Exclusive gear will be a reward from the new content. Unless they're only talking about ship omegas, it can only be g12.

The elite players (whales, dolphins, guppies, and f2p alike) are long overdue for a way to seperate themselves from the others. It used to be that I could buy $20 of crystals monthly and that would get me to meta faster than them, and then they would catch up for maybe a week, and then we would switch it up and pull away again. Now, all anyone needs is only one zeta set and they're an instant hero with QG or Kylo.

You need to earn your way into the top ten, not have it handed to you because it's been months and months since there was a real meta to farm, and you've had the time to catch up, while the elites have no way to get ahead.

You need more than one zeta set to be a hero on my shard.
    You could use your 7* thrawn if you want to be ahead of the masses ;)
  • Options
    No thank you
  • Byakuya
    392 posts Member
    Options
    +1 lvl 90 please 95 even
  • Lutz
    37 posts Member
    Options
    Can we get level cap up to 90 please? Running out of characters to level up.

Yes, please
  • Options
    Noooooo
  • Options
    Please no. I'm enjoying working on side projects for a change.

Exactly this. If the level cap rises, gotta focus only on Rex & Chaze team again. At the moment is a good time to explore with several factions and team compilations. Level cap rise might be nice around Christmas.