[Mega]Content Update 8/2 [Hot Fix] & Commander Luke Skywalker Intro

Replies

• Options
    I'm not long term, started playing in Nov 16, but I'm fine with this event. The hints were pretty heavy handed and there were tons of posts on the forum.

It looks like Luke is meant to be free for long term players, a bit of a stretch for more recent players, and fairly expensive for new players.

I that's all fine. We don't want arena flooded with CLS rebels. Right now he will be showing up in older shards quite a bit, but probably only 1/10 players will get him this time around if you've been playing less than 9-10 months.

You know what. I'm fine with that.
  • Options
    So many whiners in this thread. Does everyone really expect to get every new character every time they come around? That's ridiculous. That's an entitled attitude. They are rewarding long time players who have been waiting for Luke for years. And guess what? Commander Luke event will probably come back again before the ROTJ Luke event, just like how R2 came back early in preparation for this event. Plan your farming to be prepared by next time. Two months or so isn't the end of the world
  • MrPosz
    127 posts Member
    Options
    Man so do like in my opinion Chirrut or Baze are not rebels at all... Old ben is much more reb+el in my eyes then chaze
  • StarSon
    7461 posts Member
    Options
    This game doesn't really have to follow canon, so it's cool.
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »

Exactly
  • Options
    To all the people who say "you should have seen this coming, the signs were obvious," I totally agree with you. But here's why people are mad.

When I started prepping for this, the following were recognizable characters from the Original Trilogy who I had 7 starred:

Wedge
    Vader
    ST Han
    IG-88
    Emperor Palpatine
    Boba Fett
    Biggs
    Ackbar
    Lando
    Royal Guard

I didn't have Leia or Luke though, so I got them to seven stars. So that's 12 toons.

Of those 12, six were Luke's friends, one was his sister, one was his dad, one was his adversary (Palpatine). The others were in the film.

I never expected to need his droid and his mentor who dies before he ever becomes Commander Luke just to unlock him. So now I'm farming Snowtrooper and Tie Fighter Pilot just to maybe get R2 in time, and even then I won't get Ben done.

It's just frustrating. I thought I was significantly prepped with my team of six (Luke, Leia, ST Han, Wiggs, Lando) but now I need a legendary droid.

Seriously, why isn't Lando an option? Or Biggs- blast it Biggs, where are you?

Because this isn't the final intineration of Luke. This is Luke from ESB, he didn't know Lando at the time.
  • Options
    Most of these (Thrawn, R2, etc) have been doable with gVIII this could be harder won't hurt you to gear leia, R2 or ST Han since they are all good for HAAT

This. Should be doable g8-9 with decent mods
  • Fatzke
    705 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    He will get his Rebel tag. They said they will rework him (and others).
    [*] Using Rebels with AoE Debuffs such as Obi-Wan Kenobi (Old Ben), Cassian, R2D2, or Scarif Rebel Pathfinder under a Luke lead can help versus enemies that repeatedly apply Tenacity Up. A full 5 enemies resisting an AoE debuff supplies 25% Turn Meter to all Rebel Allies, which would be doubled to 50% when figuring that Obi-Wan’s “Mind Trick” applies two!

Also:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1201548/#Comment_1201548
  • Options
    MrPosz wrote: »
    Man so do like in my opinion Chirrut or Baze are not rebels at all... Old ben is much more reb+el in my eyes then chaze

You must have missed the whole attack Scariff to get the Death Star plans to rebel against the empire last half of the movie, then?
  • Options
    I hope it's gear X minimum if he's unlocking at 7*.
  • Cardiff0
    516 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »

Exactly

yep, this is a game at the end of the day. they have to make the game well. So they can just do whats best for the game not always follow the timeline date and super strict canon analysis. If he needs to be rebel to have synergy with luke, hes a rebel, i dont really care. And even to your point, he did rebel stuff

however i wouldve preferred to see him have some specific synergy with luke. Although we havent seen his rework yet so who knows
  • Options
    greatest-star-wars-characters-luke-skywalker.jpg

First, I'd like to say thank you for such an EPIC version of Luke. I'm really interested in the tweaks to his companions, especially Raid Han (ignore taunt?).

Second, I'd like to say I was wrong about not being hyped for this month/event, based purely on my speculation. I'm ultra hyped. Even though he's a Rebel (God knows I hate them because there are so many) C Luke looks like he can break this Chaze nonsense, which is hands down the most annoying thing about the game.

Third, even though it's not Jango Fett or Clone/Sabine helmets [ ;) ], I applaud all of your efforts. Hopefully we'll get some more news on Terrritory Battles as well.

Side note: I've been playing this game since launch, and somehow in ALL that time, all the countless hours put in, I've only managed to get ONE Old Ben shard. Lol! Seems mathematically impossible. Hopefully there will be double drops or packs. I have all the others at 7 star and at least Gear 9.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Options
    Foresight, foresight, foresight! Thank God, I had foresight to get all the characters last month to 7 stars with gear.
  • Options
    Can you add CLS to bronzium? Kthx.
  • Dretzle
    716 posts Member
    Options
    I wanted to add some positivity.

I'm looking forward to this event. I have Old Ben at barely unlocked and STH and Old Ben not geared at all, and still I'm looking forward to this. It's fun to have interesting ways to bring combos together and have an excuse to power up some of my favorite characters from the movies. Looking forward to this new Luke.

Haters gotta hate, but I thank the devs for (a) hinting requirements early on (even if I didn't listen strongly enough (b) giving us a bit of time to be able to focus farm some of these toons (c) I saw a hint that we'll have an easier way to obtain them soon here. Commander Luke looks awesome. Doesn't really fit into my current arena team, but if I can unlock him, I'll find a use for him, I'm sure.

Yes, 3 zeta abilities look daunting, though I've never put more than one zeta ability on a character, so it really depends on what I want to use him for. But I was given enough warning to hold off on Zeta'ing my Nihilus, so I appreciate that. I can probably save up enough zetas for a second one by the time he's released.

A+

Flame on.
  • Options
    Dretzle wrote: »
    I wanted to add some positivity.

I'm looking forward to this event. I have Old Ben at barely unlocked and STH and Old Ben not geared at all, and still I'm looking forward to this. It's fun to have interesting ways to bring combos together and have an excuse to power up some of my favorite characters from the movies. Looking forward to this new Luke.

Haters gotta hate, but I thank the devs for (a) hinting requirements early on (even if I didn't listen strongly enough (b) giving us a bit of time to be able to focus farm some of these toons (c) I saw a hint that we'll have an easier way to obtain them soon here. Commander Luke looks awesome. Doesn't really fit into my current arena team, but if I can unlock him, I'll find a use for him, I'm sure.

Yes, 3 zeta abilities look daunting, though I've never put more than one zeta ability on a character, so it really depends on what I want to use him for. But I was given enough warning to hold off on Zeta'ing my Nihilus, so I appreciate that. I can probably save up enough zetas for a second one by the time he's released.

A+

Flame on.

Yep. And everyone should learn for the next stage that Jedi Luke will probably need Yoda, R2, Commander Luke, some form of Han Solo and Leia, Lando, maybe Vader, Palps, RG and some yet to be released toons.
  • Forar
    94 posts Member
    Options
    Revi wrote: »
    Hes an easy farm...

330 shards (let's assume a worst case scenario) requires roughly 990 attempts with a ~1/3 drop rate using the 8 energy node. Players naturally accrue 120 Cantina energy per day, plus 45 during one daily bonus, for 165 per day. Even with 3 refreshes per day (assuming one has 300 crystals to spend per day on those), that's still a grind in the area of 3 weeks.

Now, for those who already have some of his shards, sure, that's a step in the right direction, but it's kind of frustrating to have the dev's hyping a new event and then announce a grind that many players might not have undertaken (even on older shards, I've got an army of 7*'s but Old Ben was never dominant enough in my meta to take priority over others).

Sure, it could be worse, but the whole point of the shops (imo) is to give players a measure of consistency in the face of countless RNG.

And really, what harm would there be in putting him somewhere within reach? If he's within the standard power range, there's no harm, and if he's wildly overpowered then locking him behind the paywall only benefits the whales... oh, never mind. I just saw the error in my math. I forgot to carry the $.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    Forar wrote: »
    Hes an easy farm...

330 shards (let's assume a worst case scenario) requires roughly 990 attempts with a ~1/3 drop rate using the 8 energy node. Players naturally accrue 120 Cantina energy per day, plus 45 during one daily bonus, for 165 per day. Even with 3 refreshes per day (assuming one has 300 crystals to spend per day on those), that's still a grind in the area of 3 weeks.

Now, for those who already have some of his shards, sure, that's a step in the right direction, but it's kind of frustrating to have the dev's hyping a new event and then announce a grind that many players might not have undertaken (even on older shards, I've got an army of 7*'s but Old Ben was never dominant enough in my meta to take priority over others).

Sure, it could be worse, but the whole point of the shops (imo) is to give players a measure of consistency in the face of countless RNG.

And really, what harm would there be in putting him somewhere within reach? If he's within the standard power range, there's no harm, and if he's wildly overpowered then locking him behind the paywall only benefits the whales... oh, never mind. I just saw the error in my math. I forgot to carry the $.

Yes, but you also need the resources to gear him. For sure it won't be an easy event.
  • Options
    To add to my post above...I have been hoarding Zetas.

Currently have 85 pieces. :D:D:D:D

Come on Old Ben shards....
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Options
    If I am a betting man, I'd say Heroes Journey starts after the flash events, so 1 month to farm the toons you need. Start saving currency in case they show up elsewhere
  • Options
    Put storm trooper han in cantina. Really sucks that he is ONLY in arena store.

Please no, if they add anything to cantina store i'll never get my mob enforcer above 2* :D
  • Hikari
    212 posts Member
    Options
    All of these characters have been around for ages and easy to get.

Don't blame the devs for your lack collecting. This is a collectors game.
  • Engels
    90 posts Member
    Options
    he will at least be for sale in the jedi packs who come when yoda event is.
  • Options
    Forar wrote: »
    Hes an easy farm...

Couldn't say it better.
  • Options
    I have been playing for a while and neglected Old Ben in favor of other characters but truly am not upset about the requirements. It's a collectors game as was mentioned above, put your farming skills to use and save currency in case he shows up in shard shop.
  • Options
    Engels wrote: »
    he will at least be for sale in the jedi packs who come when yoda event is.

Oh, yeah. And we'll get like 5 shards per pack bought.

That makes it sound a lot fairer...
  • Options
    Old Ben has been in game forever hopefully you all can get him in time. However he has been available to farm since the game came out. Not trying to sound snippy, but seriously he has been available forever so have the others minus r2d2
  • Tman
    257 posts Member
    Options
    This is pathetic. This is the first time I am truly mad at devs. Why does Commander Luke need to be unlocked at 7 stars. This is down-right, dog-gone, and just plain evil, you Sith.
    I am more powerful than the Chancellor- Anikan Skywalker and Tman
  • Options
    He's been quite useless for a lot of time also. Many people (except those who were in the game from the very beginning) haven't had any incentives to farm him up. There were many better alternatives.
  • Options
    If you think about his Journey... old Ben makes perfect sense. He began his Jedi training. R2 is with him and kind of led him to old Ben. Add in leia and Han. If anyone is missing it's Chewie (hint drop the blasted clone wars tag and just make him chewie with all the tags r2d2 has...he is always Chewie)