State of the Galaxy 8/7/2017 [Mega]

Replies

• Options
    Dang @Pyrefly , quit feeding him. You won, congrats.
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Options
    Look man, people have debated this enough. The only facts, not personal opinions, are these:
    1) Padawan = jedi in training = jedi tag on this game, so Luke qualifies;
    2) RoTJ refers to Vader going back to the light side, jeez.
    Those are actually opinions, not facts.
    1) So far, the only padawans in-game have had far more training than Luke does at the beginning of ESB, so the concept of "all padawans must be Jedi because the previous ones are!" is a weak argument.
    2) Explain, then, why the original title was Revenge of the Jedi, if the title is supposed to refer to Vader's redemption?
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • Options
    Do I NEED them for territory battles?
  • Options
    Pyrefly wrote: »
    Look man, people have debated this enough. The only facts, not personal opinions, are these:
    1) Padawan = jedi in training = jedi tag on this game, so Luke qualifies;
    2) RoTJ refers to Vader going back to the light side, jeez.
    Those are actually opinions, not facts.
    1) So far, the only padawans in-game have had far more training than Luke does at the beginning of ESB, so the concept of "all padawans must be Jedi because the previous ones are!" is a weak argument.
    2) Explain, then, why the original title was Revenge of the Jedi, if the title is supposed to refer to Vader's redemption?
    1) More training? Sure. But you can't deny that, as learners in the Force, Luke achieved far more in less time. But whatever, moot discussion.
    2) That being the original title is debatable. Show me George'a quote. Even if it was so, it seems fitting as well - after all, the whole Jedi order had their revenge on the Emperor after all.
    Good talk but I'm off to bed. Later
  • Kheikk
    37 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
  • Options
    There was a stolen/leaked/intercepted whatever clip two months ago stating something about this........
  • Options
    nobody actually knows factually. its all rumors. just play the game and prepare for whats actually fact.
  • Options
    CG_TopHat wrote: »
    We’re happy to announce that Captain Han Solo, Rebel Officer Leia Organa, and, finally, Hermit Yoda will be making their way into Galaxy of Heroes.

I wonder, why we have another version of Luke, Leia, Yoda and Solo (third version, really?) Developers can not simply replace it, old (worse) version with new version?
    With this approach, teams will soon be made up of one character in multiple versions. Diversity in the best, indeed.
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Options
    Algeroth wrote: »
    Developers can not simply replace it, old (worse) version with new version?
    Why would you want to remove the old version? You want less characters in the game?
    With this approach, teams will soon be made up of one character in multiple versions. Diversity in the best, indeed.
    They're all different characters with different skillsets. They just have the same name and modelled after the same actor. There's no diversity issue there.

• Options
    What worries me is the timer on the 1st pic. Please tell me that doesn't mean all the guild needs to play at the same time cos that will never happen. Enough whinging goes on about raid timings as it is in ours.
  • DarthPurgatory
    626 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Pyrefly wrote: »

I don't think anybody's interested in reading more semantics from either of us picking apart the other's post, even if it seems clear both of us enjoy a good discussion. I've said my piece here towards the people that needed to hear it. If you're interested in carrying on this discussion we can do so privately. Fun chat either way, mate. Appreciate you helping me kill some time.
    Porgatory demands fresh souls.
  • Options
    Olga wrote: »
    Why would you want to remove the old version? You want less characters in the game?
    They're all different characters with different skillsets. They just have the same name and modelled after the same actor. There's no diversity issue there.

1) Less rebel characters? Yes. And when the old version is almost unused, why not replace it or merge it (Han Solo for example)?

2) No, they are same character with different skillset and skin. But Leia/Solo/Luke is still Leia/Solo/Luke, different clothing or equipment does not make any different character.
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Options
    1) Because some of us farmed those characters and some of us like those characters. And now with the reworks, we'll see them being used more.

2)If they have different skillsets, then they're different characters. If you had 2 characters with the same skillset, then you might have something to complain about diversity. I mean if I had 5 characters with DN skillset, just with different names, then I think it's a problem for diversity. But you would say it's fine because they look different and have different names? Even though they reduce your cooldowns for one turn each and then annihalite you 5 times in a row?
  • Options

1) Less rebel characters? Yes. And when the old version is almost unused, why not replace it or merge it (Han Solo for example)?

2) No, they are same character with different skillset and skin. But Leia/Solo/Luke is still Leia/Solo/Luke, different clothing or equipment does not make any different character.

It's a collection game. Like collecting toys. Black series Han vs Bobble Head Han. Same character different toys. It's not a canon Star Wars story game. Collection. You can have 1000 different versions of the same character
  • Options
    It's a collection game. Like collecting toys. Black series Han vs Bobble Head Han. Same character different toys. It's not a canon Star Wars story game. Collection. You can have 1000 different versions of the same character

I haven't looked it up, but I wouldn't doubt there's been discussion about how creating "premium" versions or tiers of characters would be a problem for FTP or folks joining the game later. So yeah, we end up with Pokemon in the Star Wars Universe, down to mostly 5-on-5 battles and collecting every possible thing we can.

At least we can convert extra character shards. If only we could convert excess gear...
  • Options
    Reyalp wrote: »
    I for one would like to see Bossk as a BH Tank to make them viable.

The game is simply unfinished until everyone's favorite lizard-man gets added.
    B_O_S_S_K in SW:G | G O R N in ST:T
  • Options
    1) Because some of us farmed those characters and some of us like those characters. And now with the reworks, we'll see them being used more.

2)If they have different skillsets, then they're different characters. If you had 2 characters with the same skillset, then you might have something to complain about diversity. I mean if I had 5 characters with DN skillset, just with different names, then I think it's a problem for diversity. But you would say it's fine because they look different and have different names? Even though they reduce your cooldowns for one turn each and then annihalite you 5 times in a row?

1) And that's why developers can give them new skillset and not create new characters. In my opinion, developers should change old characters in the first place rather than add new ones with same names.

2) Sorry, I expressed myself in a wrong way. I should write " But Leia/Solo/Luke is still Leia/Solo/Luke, different clothing, equipment or skillset does not make any different character (meaning of the person)".

I'd rather see new characters than existing one with different look a skills.
  • Options
    ddlooping2 wrote: »
    RandyMarsh wrote: »
    How will we get hermit yoda and will he have the Jedi tag?
    He will have the Hermit tag, one that might be shared with others in the future, but with no synergy what so ever. :)

Yeah nice idea. Hermit Luke surely. Lol
  • Options
    Nebulous wrote: »
    @CG_CapGaSP

... I have one concern, where are the DS heroes? Will there be new ones in territories that just are not teased yet or do we only have ls heroes to acquire?

I believe Hoth Vader is coming soon. LOL

Ins´t that the Vader, wearing a black suite and a black cape?? The one with the mask??

Yes, except the hoth version is a bit dusty and snowy.

• Options
    Jamesm wrote: »
    Good lord with all the characters people would love to see they just rerelease 3 more toons that are already in the game!? Seriously!?

Hermit Yoda sounds cool but cmon this is ridiculous we now have 3 Hans? And 0 jango fett :/ and plenty others

To be fair they announced the han and leia characters a while ago.

Yep and Han is 10 times as important a character as Jango Fett. When we get 7 more Hans they should release Jango.

Awesomely true.

Solo is more important than Jango, it's true, but why not add Jango who is a great BH chracter?

I will never understand those OT fans who wish to add Dannik Jerriko more than e.g.: Padme into the game.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    @CG_Kozispoon I know you guys aren't ready to announce a launch for Territory Battles and that's TOTALLY COOL, but can you gives us a general timeframe? Are we looking at 2 months? 3 months? Later? Thanks!

1) And that's why developers can give them new skillset and not create new characters. In my opinion, developers should change old characters in the first place rather than add new ones with same names.
    This is a valid opinion, but there are two flaws with it--
    1) What do you do with iconic characters that evolved over the franchise? Do you do Obi-Wan from the prequels or Obi-Wan from New Hope? Which Leia do you use? The princess, the commando, or the general? Does having Darth Vader mean you can't do a Dark Side Anakin at some point?

2) Characters have roles beyond the obvious Attacker, Support, Tank. One of those roles is Early Game Character You Get For Free And Then Use To Get Better Characters Later. They're supposed to be good for levelling, such as Luminara or Jedi Consular or Royal Guard or all of Phoenix Squad. In general these are the onespeople complain about being weak. But they fulfill their role excellently and, now with Thrawn and Yoda, provide a bit of a capstone character to say "Congratulations! Now you don't need these guys any longer, get the next tier!"
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    Let's not forget the esteemed Ponda Baba and Dr Evazan. Who doesn't want to play with those guys?
    Porgatory demands fresh souls.
  • Options
    Let's not forget the esteemed Ponda Baba and Dr Evazan. Who doesn't want to play with those guys?

I'd pick those guys over Padme any day.
  • Options
    RevJJ82 wrote: »

Agreed. Palme was horribly written and poorly executed. No chemistry whatsoever on screen with Anakin. Their relationship was creepy and not believable. Which I blame mostly on direction and writing. Luke and Leia had better chemistry
  • Options

Agreed. Palme was horribly written and poorly executed. No chemistry whatsoever on screen with Anakin. Their relationship was creepy and not believable. Which I blame mostly on direction and writing. Luke and Leia had better chemistry

Well, you can also blame it on the dude playing Anakin having no chemistry with, well, the universe.
  • Options

Now that is what I am talking about. 5sec screen in OT vs hours in PT. Fighter in PT vs. Ugly face in OT. Never understood. And I dont care about the chemistry.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Fürkész wrote: »

Now that is what I am talking about. 5sec screen in OT vs hours in PT. Fighter in PT vs. Ugly face in OT. Never understood. And I dont care about the chemistry.
    I've got a theory...
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    There was no chemistry because of the sand...

sandicon.jpg

SWGOH Guild: Peace is a Lie SWGOH Profile: Boofpoof Discord: Buffpuff#3065
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »

I've got a theory...

I know that a "true" fan must love OT million times more than PT. I just dont understand that an insignificant character in OT how can be more important to somebody.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »

I've got a theory...

I know that a "true" fan must love OT million times more than PT. I just dont understand that an insignificant character in OT how can be more important to somebody.

Who said anything about importance? I thought we were talking about which characters we LIKED more.