Garbage characters???

Prev1
I wondered if there are any characters offered that most believe are a complete waste to upgrade or use. It would be helpful to have a consensus on this so others don't buy characters that will kill their game...

Replies

• Options
    Ewok Scout
    IGN: Malmsteen's Comet
  • jeremyj26
    783 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Clone Sarge
    Post edited by jeremyj26 on
    IGN: Malmsteen's Comet
  • Options
    Game has a few right now that are just kinda there. No real use at all.
  • Options
    Nute Gunray is horrible.
  • Options
    Ewok Scout
    "There is no 'try'." - Master Yoda
  • Options
    Gaunt wrote: »
    Nute Gunray is horrible.

That disappoints me because I would have guessed he'd be a force with a droid team perhaps....
  • Options
    Han is pretty bad imo
  • Options
    Han doesn't make any sense. He's a tank with no survivability.
  • Options
    Venator_83 wrote: »

I also don't consider him a rebel. He should be scoundrel in trooper suit. He ain't a rebel till he flies back to help Luke. Sorry for Han rant.

My pick is Ahsoka Tano. I find her so underwhelming.
  • Options
    I will second Nute, and third the ewok scout.
  • Options

I also don't consider him a rebel. He should be scoundrel in trooper suit. He ain't a rebel till he flies back to help Luke. Sorry for Han rant.

My pick is Ahsoka Tano. I find her so underwhelming.

Tano I have at LVL 48, 5* gear 6 and on a Jedi team(though I put Opress in at times for a harder punch) and honestly she does decent. She will carry a team, but she has solid suitability, can take hits, and basic is crit12-1600 and special 15-2000 for me. Given her heal ability(which I find hard to rely on) since it is based on if she crits, the AI does target her so she draws fire with self heal while my Heavier Hitters like Secura, Opress(when in) and Mace and Lum. Her, Secura, Savage,Lum, and Barriss or Mace(depending on situation) give a team that is very surviviable and has some hits since Savage and Secura crit at 3+ consistantly for me on special and 1800+ on basic with regular basic doing 1k plus every time. Mace is a bit lower but close. I like the support Tano brings.

Gredo is terrible, Teebo and scout are bad. I'm not high on Leia or Luke, Leia is glass, Luke does not hit hard like all say(though I just got him and only have at gear 4, 3* so I'm going to level based on what was said.

Duku and Maul I'm not big on. Maul has such power, but so weak, Duku is a machine gun, but also on the weak side. On my server I am stuck on GW against those half a dozen plus levels higher all 5*+ with occasional 4* and in the arena, despite holding top 30 still(I was top 10 or 15 regular at first) my competition is typically 3-6 levels up and 2k plus power rank higher.

I loved Chewie early on, but since 40 he is very mediocre at best. I like the taunt to draw fire while I focus on others, the roar, but he deals weak damage, so sad. Tano who you mentioned deals a ton more than him for me. I have him 4* gear 5 and I'm lucky when he crits at 1400. If not for the taunt to draw a round of fire so I can kill off a target or two he'd be garbage.
  • Options
    Royal guard... Oh my.

The problem with Ahsoka is the randomness. Unless you built a Crit boost team it might be harder to use her.

Asaj seems pretty useless as of now except for the random stun. Guess until her bug is fixed she'll be useless.
  • Options
    Yup. He dies veery quick , stopped using him as support
  • Options
    I started using royal guard over chewy as a tank.
  • Options
    I actually think Royal Guard has potential. His health is huge and automatically taunting after a teammate drops below a certain health seems useful. Also his basic drains turn meter. He is pretty impossible to level up though.

I have Ahsoka at almost 6* and Max gear level. She hits pretty hard and her self heal and group heal go off fairly regularly. She is middle of the road though and I'm thinking of switching to Daka or Fives for Cantina points once she's 6*.

My vote goes to Kit Fisto. He has a big health pool but a weak attack. He doesn't really bring anything that somebody else does better. Whenever I see him in Arena I just ignore him till last.
  • Options
    I ignore Kit too. I regret training him up to 48. His health is good but he is so weak. The bonus attack is nice, but at Lvl 48 gear 5 even with his bonus attack he only does like half of Secura, Lum, and Mace and like 1/3 Opress
  • Options
    I'm running Teebo (from chrome pull, now 5 stars from Galatic Wars) , Ewok Scout (two stars), First Order Stormtrooper (from Android and farming, 3 stars), 5's (from Arena), and Sidious (4 stars, from Arena).

That's two "garbage" heroes, but that's what RNG gave me, so took them in and developed them.
    I like this team. This team wins. This team does well in PvP. This team got me through Galatic Wars 8 out of 10 times. Garbage, up to what you say and feel. But if developed correctly and with some strategy, it can be good enough for what you put into it.

Teebo is very good.
    Ewok Scout is good.
    I'm farming hard for Ewok Elder.

The free First Order Stormtrooper is great.
    The free Tie Fighter is great (gonna get to 2 stars after December).

Teebo is the key to my random all ally stealth team. It's tanky. It hits hard. It takes away taunt from opponent. It slowly smacks enough damage to your team but enough in 5 minutes to beat you. It's good enough for top 500. I don't use refills and I don't play over 1 hour a day. For me, this is perfect. Garbage heroes? I don't agree.
  • FashionFett
    891 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I ignore Kit too. I regret training him up to 48. His health is good but he is so weak. The bonus attack is nice, but at Lvl 48 gear 5 even with his bonus attack he only does like half of Secura, Lum, and Mace and like 1/3 Opress

If developed, Kit Fisto is overall top 3 in Strength in the entire game (according to SWCantina stats). If developed, Kit Fisto is overall top 5 in Health in the entire game.

(this is at higher stars and gears. Kit Fisto is VERY hard to get stars, but you can level him and give him GEARS and make his abilities stronger). But in general, tanks hit really soft, so Kit would need other abilities to be useful. Kit Fisto is a hassle (worst than annoying) to fight against in PvP. He's tanky, he gets extra hits, he COUNTERS, and he gives allies Potency UP. That's pretty sweet in the right combination of heroes.

• Options
    My vote for worst hero in game is
    URoRRuR'R'R
    I'm not sure where the game is going, but if there aren't more Tusken heroes coming out, then I don't know what this dude is supposed to do in the game.

Mob Enforcer
    Not sure what to do with the bombs that detonate after 2 turns. Kinda weird to delay damage so long.

Tusken Raider
    Again, without more Tusken heroes, this hero has a wasted Unique ability.

Snowtrooper
    Relies on enemy death to get powered up. This isn't going to happen unless you pair him up with much stronger heroes.

I'd put Talia in here as well, but I'm forced to use her as my only Dark Side healer. I won't call her bad, but she's not a hero I'd use. Her power and health and abilities is just too fragile. But she does heal, and that's her only saving grace.
  • Options
    I'm running Teebo (from chrome pull, now 5 stars from Galatic Wars) , Ewok Scout (two stars), First Order Stormtrooper (from Android and farming, 3 stars), 5's (from Arena), and Sidious (4 stars, from Arena).

That's two "garbage" heroes, but that's what RNG gave me, so took them in and developed them.
    I like this team. This team wins. This team does well in PvP. This team got me through Galatic Wars 8 out of 10 times. Garbage, up to what you say and feel. But if developed correctly and with some strategy, it can be good enough for what you put into it.

Teebo is very good.
    Ewok Scout is good.

Teebo is the key to my random all ally stealth team. It's tanky. It hits hard. It takes away taunt from opponent. It slowly smacks enough damage to your team but enough in 5 minutes to beat you. It's good enough for top 500. I don't use refills and I don't play over 1 hour a day. For me, this is perfect. Garbage heroes? I don't agree.

FashionFett has given us the information that we all need to put in our toolbox. The motivation behind this post was due to the way many were setting up teams, heavy in Bariss and Dooku, along with a few others and when I played PVP and kept seeing the same team groups endlessly, I pondered that there must be other team synergies not yet discovered and many were simply building teams based on methods used by others who were successful, rather than try to farm a new synergy, which was way more risky but possible.

This response is a testimony to my beliefs and I'm happy to have received this response. You all should be motivated by this because it shows you can indeed build suitable teams from the unpopular....
  • Options
    greedo isnt bad ive seen him hit a truck
  • Options
    Let's see, the characters I don't think are worth using/leveling up are:

Ewok Scout
    Teebo
    Snowtrooper
    Nute Gunray
    Mob Enforcer
    Stormtrooper Han Solo
    Stormtrooper

I don't agree that Tusken Raider, Kit Fisto, or Royal guard are garbage. Royal guard is useful for the tank challenge, Tusken Raider actually does pretty good damage, and Kit is a great addition for a counter jedi squad.

Among the 4-star characters I think Mace Windu is the worst, but still an OK character overall. Also, Ackbar is great for countering Darth Vader, but not much else. I think both those characters could use a buff.
  • Options

lol Kit is a killer...at least for me sitting at 7*
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options

Teebo is very good.
    Ewok Scout is good.

Loved reading this. I swear one day I will max out Teebo
  • Options
    Kit maxed out is a beast. Have him at 60, 7* with maxed gear and still some room to level up some of his abilities. Love the potency, double attack, counters, health and strength. Almost always last man standing and can dish out decent damage.
  • Options
    I like Teebo he has potential. I mostly love the random stealth. It has bit me though stealthed all but my lowest health toon, bam bam bam dead.
  • Options
    Kit is one of my best characters. The ones saying he sucks either haven't really tried him or haven't upgraded him.

I have him, sid, qgj, leia, and jc at 7* and kit is by far my best overall character.

Worst character have to go with mace. This is because as a 4* I would expect a lot more from him than he does.
  • Options
    Han isn't bad, my team is made around him and I do very well with him. I just don't taunt until Sidious is dead and then the rest of my team has some form of heal to keep him up. I rarely ever lose in arena and have gotten to 150~ in arena with him as center piece. Peeps need to use him properly and he is amazing.
  • Options
    Halcyon wrote: »
    Han isn't bad, my team is made around him and I do very well with him. I just don't taunt until Sidious is dead and then the rest of my team has some form of heal to keep him up. I rarely ever lose in arena and have gotten to 150~ in arena with him as center piece. Peeps need to use him properly and he is amazing.

So much this! Stormtrooper Han is extremely underappreciated. The low HP is actually a feature, not a detriment, because to use him correctly you want to be able to dip below 50% hp quickly. You shouldn't compare him to Chewie because they do very different things; Chewie is supposed to soak up a ton of damage and then heal, but Han is just supposed to give your team a ton of free, boosted attacks before he inevitably dies.

Han's Strengths
    • Leadership grants defense at start of the match and offense almost immediately after he taunts
    • Taunt lasts for two turns and grants your team a chunk of turn meter every time he's hit
    • Bluff drains enemy turn meter, which extends the length of your power turn

How it Works
    1) Han taunts and begins the process of slowing the enemy team down
    2) Your team attacks as normal while Han eats three or four attacks and drops (way) below 50% HP
    3) Your entire team attacks much, much faster because it's gaining huge chunks of free turn meter from Han's taunt, and those extra attacks will hit harder because Han's hurt

Take-Home Point
    Han can't mitigate all the damage he'll take, but he's not supposed to. If you do this right, you'll get about two free attacks per character before he dies all the same, and sometimes you'll get even more.

Specific Synergies
    • Tarkin. He's got an AOE turn meter nuke and an AOE Offense Down nuke, which keeps Han up longer
    • HK-47. He's got an AOE Offense Down/Ability Lock/Speed Down nuke, which keeps Han up longer
    • Lumina. You could use Barriss, but I prefer Lumina's ability lock and punching power.
    • IG88. He crits a lot, inhibits healing, offers another Ability Lock, and gains amplified damage based on debuffs, which you'll have in copious supply.

The above is what I use, but there are lots of other options you could try that would probably work equally well. I'm debating putting him in charge of a First Order build for lots more Turn Meter manipulation, but jury's out on whether that'll hit hard enough to work just yet :)

You have to be a bit of a liar to tell a story the right way.
  • Options

Teebo is very good.
    Ewok Scout is good.

Agree. Teebo is a beast. And the Stealth is not what makes him great.