Just take your time and make the updates work

Replies

• UrbanSpacemanKAL
    2450 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    It not free, people have spent 'thousands'. As you know, once you spend thousands on something a company is obligated to address your concerns indefinitely no matter how unreasonable.

I mean, when you buy a car the dealership is totally there to help you out with any problem instantly for no extra money, right?
  • Options
    When the car dealership provides you with a shonky car, yeah they should be fixing the problem they created.
  • Options

I'm sorry, but the devs already knew about the training droid bug. Why announce the launch of TB when the training trading droid bug was already known?

I'm pretty disappointed about the extended launch.
    SWGOH.gg profile - Our guild, 3720 to 1, has 1 spot open! [49/50].
  • Options
    To the people complaining here, just think of the delay in terms of your job...when you ask the car at the drive through to pull forward and you will bring their order out to them when it's ready, do you owe them an explanation as to why their food isn't ready? So basically the devs don't owe you an answer either, it will be ready when they are done with it.
  • Options
    Can we just know if the delay is about hours, or the tb will start the next week??
  • Options
    Nemman wrote: »
    Can we just know if the delay is about hours, or the tb will start the next week??

You will probably find out in the morning after they wake up, go to work, have meetings to discuss the very same thing.
  • Options
    Silky wrote: »
    DarthGazza wrote: »
    Lol
    How dare they delay this free new game they have worked hard on. How dare they make sure it is working properly before releasing it

Wow, grow up

It's not a free game for all the whales who have spent thousands on this game.

Wow, grow up

Wouldn't they want the game to run smoothly without issue since they are paying so much money?

People are working hard to bring us new content are being slammed because it's a little late. How is that fair on the devs?
  • Sev112
    110 posts Member
    Options
    So much nerd rage....for a game you can play for free on your phone, lol.

It's the summer. Do something else with your time besides rage signing in to see if the precious update that IS COMPLETELY FREE has been open yet.

Some of you millennials need to get your priorities straight.
  • Sev112
    110 posts Member
    Options
    It not free, people have spent 'thousands'. As you know, once you spend thousands on something a company is obligated to address your concerns indefinitely no matter how unreasonable.

I mean, when you buy a car the dealership is totally there to help you out with any problem instantly for no extra money, right?

And who's fault is that? Spent thousands on an app game you can play for free? Lol. A fool and his money. They don't owe you anything.
  • Options
    Sev112 wrote: »

And who's fault is that? Spent thousands on an app game you can play for free? Lol. A fool and his money. They don't owe you anything.

You missed my point.
  • collapsE
    206 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options

if ppl don't spend this money there would be no new things or game itself.. So you better be quite and be happy for whales who keep this game alive.
    You are the only fool here tbh.
  • Options
    I absolutely agree. As a software developer myself, I feel for the guys working on this. Frequently a deadline gets imposed for larger features that is mostly unreasonable, or the estimates you give for something like this get halved and then halved until you have nowhere near enough time to complete everything you wanted.

As long as the feature is mostly bug free, I'll be a happier customer. I mean think about it guys, we wouldn't want them to just let this visual bug into the game. If the daily raid tickets bug serves as an example, fixing the visual glitch bug could take years once it's in right?
  • Options

You missed my point.

I got your point, I understand the frustration.
    Look at it this way, you paid for an expensive holiday but when you get to the airport all excited you hear your flight is delayed. It sucks but wouldn't you rather there's no problem with the plane before jumping on?
  • Options
    Hey remember that you guys wanted 24 hours to do something that will take no more than 30 minutes... If that wasn't the case they could have launched on Friday like originally planned, possibly fixing these bugs in the process.
  • Corvus
    190 posts Member
    Options
    For me it was already clear that TB would not start. If you look at how they handled events before, the toons where already in game when events started and neither of the TB toons was in game. This was already a pretty strong hint that TB won't start today at least for me...
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah, I don't get it. People are mad at CG for being late... for being early? This was originally planned not for Wednesday, but Friday. And the only reason they pushed it up to Wednesday was because people were complaining about not wanting to be rushed.
    I feel like we need to link the definition of "irony" here...
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • Options
    Failburger wrote: »
    I absolutely agree. As a software developer myself, I feel for the guys working on this. Frequently a deadline gets imposed for larger features that is mostly unreasonable, or the estimates you give for something like this get halved and then halved until you have nowhere near enough time to complete everything you wanted.

As long as the feature is mostly bug free, I'll be a happier customer. I mean think about it guys, we wouldn't want them to just let this visual bug into the game. If the daily raid tickets bug serves as an example, fixing the visual glitch bug could take years once it's in right?

8 months is reasonable since the last content release? How much time do they need?
  • Options

8 months is reasonable since the last content release? How much time do they need?

Only two more days, apparently. Releasing on Friday instead of Wednesday would've resulted in no problems, apparently.
    No problems at all.
    Everything would've been fine.
    Yep.
  • Options
    So much whine, what if that display error for card pulls had been displaying the wrong number of shards and you ended up with less. Yup major outrage would ensue. Damned if they do damned if they don't...
  • Failburger
    2 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options

That assumes that this particular feature got to them 8 months ago. the idea probably started around 10 months ago, along with 3 or 4 others.
    Then design hashes out the idea over the course of a month or so.
    they get estimates from the dev team, which get shot down by the PMs because that's too long, will cost too much. re-estimate.
    Design changes to cut effort. potentially given a deadline a few months from now, then dev work starts
    All the things are coming together...have a review.. okay now design changes, rework...
    Okay back to it and making progress, then the higher ups see that progress is being made and want it earlier because there's that movie coming out so we can't have it come out then..
    Pull in your deadline.. "hey project manager, you get a bonus if we release in august"

and then it's the middle of summer and half the staff wants vacation because FFS, we're people too.... now it's mid-august and jim didn't finish his part yet because he came back from vacation and forgot what he was in the middle of
    And ta-daa there's a bug in jim's part right before we're doing the last build...

I'm just saying I can understand how this kittens happens.

The bugs they're stating are the cause of the delay can't actually be the cause of the delay tho. No freaking way they delay the thing over a visual glitch on training droids. There's gotta be something much scarier in there.

The real point of my first post was to highlight the fact that they're "delaying the thing over a visual glitch" while they still haven't fixed the raid tickets bug anyways... That thing the community has asked for since I can remember.

Post edited by Kyno on
  • Ceodoc
    175 posts Member
    Options
    Absolutely sympathise with a few teething problems, I'm sure you are working hard to get this highly anticipated new content out.
    Just a quiet request for updates, real excited for TB and would be great to know, l8r today, another day or even another week so I can calm down.
    Good luck with the fixes.
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    Options
    Obviously I'm not happy, but I'm sure that the content has been delayed because there was an important issue with it. I can wait 1 week ^_^
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • Options
    Lol ye they still have one day. EA is known for releasing not ready and buggy games. Rather see a ready game without buggs. So +1
  • Options
    rather just have so communication i dnt care about late release it happens its cool take all the time in the world But only saying will be release soon isn't good enough ... what we talking a few more hours a few days another week a month It take 30s to say will give you more info in 2 hours ect have some respect for the players !
  • Options
    If we were told TB was delayed because of some difficulties/bugs around the game mode it would be easy to accept, you can respect that. It not being started because of a visual glitch with training droids? Ok then.....
  • Options
    After playing this game and talking on these forums since Dec 2015, I've been through some lows with the games and have criticised EA/CG, but I won't here.. I much prefer they don't release an update if they know it isn't correct.

We've seen it before when releases haven't been the best and it just leads to frustation and more abuse from the the forums (inc. from me).

I prefer this more open and cautious approach from the devs.

• Options
    The part i don't understand is how releasing pink lasers for a month or having crashes due to performance issues for a couple of months are fine ... but a display glitch on training droids causes the biggest release this year to get pulled.

It's either a bizarre and inconsistent decision or there is a much bigger issue not being shared.
  • Options
    After playing this game and talking on these forums since Dec 2015, I've been through some lows with the games and have criticised EA/CG, but I won't here.. I much prefer they don't release an update if they know it isn't correct.

We've seen it before when releases haven't been the best and it just leads to frustation and more abuse from the the forums (inc. from me).

I prefer this more open and cautious approach from the devs.

Agree, but it is funny that the reason of delay is a display bug with the training droids. Lol. :D