Ship/Character Requirements For Platoon Missions [MERGED] Dev Response

Replies

• Options
    So basically CG has made it all but impossible except for whale guilds to do well on TB and are trying to encourage us to farm *cough*cough* spend crystals to get these ships and toons we don't need or want otherwise.

I'm pretty sure some whale guilds won't be able to, either. The falcon is hard to get.
  • Options
    Is it the same for everyone? Do you guys see Reaper and Falcon required in platoon 5 and Cassian's U-wing and Kylo's command shuttle in platoon 6?

-~-~-~-~

It's ironic when you have a ship like Reaper at 3 stars level 85 with the toons maxed and you still can' put it into platoons because it is only 3* and have had no way to farm it further for the past 6 months.

Even if I could, Falcon is required in platoon 5 as well.
    It is random
    Ive got falcon in 2 different one and kylo in of those two
  • Options
    Just not feeling the same disappointment without being able to satisfy everything on the first try. If they made it so easy that we all blow through it what's the point? Just have patience and enjoy the process. The quicker it's on easy auto-farm the quicker you're bored.
  • Options
    Just not feeling the same disappointment without being able to satisfy everything on the first try.
    I don't think that's the issue, at least not on my end. Rather, there are requirements that there's no path at the moment to work toward meeting. The CHS issue is fine. We can grind toward meeting that. The unobtainable characters and ships? That's where the issue is.

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    draining sim tickets :p

lmao, this comment was part of a thread about the tank challenge rewards. Gotta love merged threads.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    So, Phase3 Territory Battles platoon requirements includes the new Ewoks (Logray, Paploo) and Millennium Falcon. Both needed at 4* stars. Seriously, if you are going to make these ships/toons platoon requirements, make them farmable.

Of the 50 Guild members, no one has the Millennium Falcon, and luckily someone had Logray at 4 stars.
  • Options
    Traybor wrote: »
    Just not feeling the same disappointment without being able to satisfy everything on the first try.
    I don't think that's the issue, at least not on my end. Rather, there are requirements that there's no path at the moment to work toward meeting. The CHS issue is fine. We can grind toward meeting that. The unobtainable characters and ships? That's where the issue is.

I'm sure it will come. There's no question that they launched this purposely knowing that few can fully satisfy it because there was no path to do so. I believe this is a case where they want the players to be challenged and short-handed. If you think this is the first new and big PVE content since HAAT, which was nearly a year ago now, assuming this also has to hold up for 6-12 months as the main end-game content, then they have to put up some roadblocks. This is just the repeating of the same cycle. I'm sure this TB content is balanced with G12 in mind - will be quite some time before most have multiple waves of G12 squads to throw at this thing.
  • Options
    More and more decisions are coming down that are clearly meant to pull more money out of players. It's becoming an ever more pay to play situation.
  • Options

I'm sure it will come. There's no question that they launched this purposely knowing that few can fully satisfy it because there was no path to do so. I believe this is a case where they want the players to be challenged and short-handed. If you think this is the first new and big PVE content since HAAT, which was nearly a year ago now, assuming this also has to hold up for 6-12 months as the main end-game content, then they have to put up some roadblocks. This is just the repeating of the same cycle. I'm sure this TB content is balanced with G12 in mind - will be quite some time before most have multiple waves of G12 squads to throw at this thing.

@JohnnySteelAlpha way to nail the facts dead on, atleast some folks are able to see what TB is and what the point of TB is.
  • Tyren3402
    29 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options

@JohnnySteelAlpha way to nail the facts dead on, atleast some folks are able to see what TB is and what the point of TB is.

I don't think people understand. It's not that we're complaining about not having the ships to complete the first ships platoon. Its because we don't when those ships will become available. F2P OR P2P. The ships required now have been out for some time now. They should have at least been farmable in cantina. You cant even buy the ewok character shards though.
    But what happens next week if I want to spend money and can't because the thing that I want to spend money on is literally not available. I.E. Ewoks, tie reaper, kylos command shuttle.

That's the issue that most people have. But here's the kicker. You see i know for a fact that those ships could have been released months ago. They can't decide on the format for ships. Should it be 5v5 or 3v3. And that's where the hold up is. Kylos ship is to complicated for their A.I. And they can't figure out how to write the code for it. Tie Reaper should have been pushed when rogue one went to Netflix. Another lost opportunity and now they are going to ask you to wait with no timeline in place on when or how these ships will be released. I'm okay with not completing the first one or every platoon. But to be denied access from future ones as well. They are cutting off every potential whale. Anyone that would say, okay I'll open my wallet.
    Post edited by Tyren3402 on
  • Options
    Btw. I know for a fact they have sat on kylos ship for awhile. @CG_CMandellorian knows it too. They wanted to release a 7 star thrawn ship but scrapped the idea because they couldn't figure out how to show the dragon emblem on the bottom of the ship. And they didn't have a release schedule in place for making the other cap ships 7 stars. They know how badass Tie Reaper is but have released him because at max tarkin would be OP af.

Get it together CG or ill spill all the beans....
  • Options
    The ship is independent from its crew

True, but the character needs to at least be unlocked in order to unlock the ship
  • Options

I want to be challenged... totally. I don't however want to be forced into buying mega packs with cgs infernal poor rng chances... I might as well. Well just nevermind... it ain't worth the money for one ship I don't even want. Spending that money on gear would be so much more beneficial. That's where the problem is. Gear lets me do more combat missions. Putting pay to win only anything in there as a requirement in phase 3 is just insulting. If this was phase 5 or 6 I'd probably be bothered but not as much.
    I hate these new timesinks called Tb/tw. Annoying features.
  • Options
    Didn't you hear? Phase 5 will have a General Grievous 7* requirement. Phase 6 will have General Kenobi, Coruscant Underworld Police, Lobot 7* requirement.
    I 'd love to be a Jedi... But I sure as hell would use the dark side too...
  • Options
    Gavstar wrote: »
    So, Phase3 Territory Battles platoon requirements includes the new Ewoks (Logray, Paploo) and Millennium Falcon. Both needed at 4* stars. Seriously, if you are going to make these ships/toons platoon requirements, make them farmable.

Of the 50 Guild members, no one has the Millennium Falcon, and luckily someone had Logray at 4 stars.

Agree
  • Options
    Copied from my edit to OP:

DEVELOPER POST: @CG_RyDiggs
    Hello everyone,
    We're seeing another record day of participation in the new Territory Battles! Our office is also on a US holiday weekend.
    I want to let you know we are collecting feedback.
    We are listening.
    We will not be able to make changes to THIS TB.
    This is a living game, and we all will continue to grow and improve on it.
    Some of newer players may not understand the 'living' nature of our game, but please know that not every piece of feedback needs to be an ultimatum for us to listen or change.
    I see the requirements feedback. We will be reviewing it in the coming weeks.
    There is no way for it to change in this TB.
    I cannot say what future TBs will be.
    However, please rest assured, you are being heard.
    We hope you're able to enjoy the parts you can and let us know where improvements can be made without emotional stress.
    Please try to enjoy your weekends as well, and know we're all in this together.
    Cheers!
    RT
    Development Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
  • Options
    Kyleslater wrote: »
    I think this isn't intended to be completed in the first go. When the ewoks become farmable I think it'll help easier, same with other ships/toons.

The intent is to reward P2P and convert F2P to P2P. Nothing wrong with that at all. This isn't a negative post, just a fact. I do, however, suggest a bit of caution to EA/CG that this may alienate potential P2P converts.

Converting people to p2p is one thing. This is a pretty hefty price tag... we don't all have 50k to drop on a mobile gaming app.

Normal p2p player dont have falcon or tie reaper you have to be a big whale
  • Options
    Kyleslater wrote: »

I want to be challenged... totally. I don't however want to be forced into buying mega packs with cgs infernal poor rng chances... I might as well. Well just nevermind... it ain't worth the money for one ship I don't even want. Spending that money on gear would be so much more beneficial. That's where the problem is. Gear lets me do more combat missions. Putting pay to win only anything in there as a requirement in phase 3 is just insulting. If this was phase 5 or 6 I'd probably be bothered but not as much.

The key thing though is folks are taking too short-term of a view. These TBs will be major parts of the content going forward for months. There's going to be many changes made in the coming months that impact future TBs.
  • Options
    We're reading and watching.

This is truly a living game :smiley:
    Development Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
  • Options
    and who has Poe Dameron's ship.....I am pretty decent but don't have that one which means are guild won't be able to fill an of the Platoons at all in Phase 3 let alone later ones lol.....

I've got Poe's ship. It hits like a ton of bricks, it's great!
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    medetec wrote: »
    The ewoks you cant even buy, much less farm. 'tis a bit awkward.
    You could have and you didn't. It's not the devs fault. Stop trying to get everything handed to you on a silver platter.

• OneWorldAway
    545 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I was pretty harsh against CG for the Rolo mission requirement, but I believe this is totally fair game. This isn't meant to be completed on the first attempt, maybe not even for a couple months for a casual guild. Over time when the ewoks get released, this will become easier as the guild gets collectively closer to completion.

Read my previous comment.

Megathread merged me in a weird order. I totally get it, it is annoying for sure, but I'm more optimistic about this situation as opposed to the Leia mission requirement. We weren't given a list of platoon requirements. It could have been all GK. Could've been all CUP. I'm sure this will improve as the guild builds a collective roster.
  • First_but_66_Order
    1014 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    CG_RyDiggs wrote: »

Hello everyone,
    We're seeing another record day of participation in the new Territory Battles! Our office is also on a US holiday weekend.
    We are listening.
    Some of newer players may not understand the 'living' nature of our game, but please know that not every piece of feedback needs to be an ultimatum for us to listen or change.
    We hope you're able to enjoy the parts you can and let us know where improvements can be made without emotional stress.
    Cheers!
    RT

That is exactly the feedback we were missing from you in the past months. This is an improvement so far. Have a nice weekend @CG_RyDiggs
  • Options
    can we get ewoks in shipments for crystals atleast???
  • Ben_Sunwalker
    351 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Wow, so much negativity in another thread.... sigh....
    TB is turning out way better than I expected, and if people can't 15/15 on a platoon, so what? I bet your guild still got the 3* on that territory, despite the crap ships some people here probably have.
    Im loving TB and I really wish we could get 12hs cycles for weekends, for example, cause I just want to keep playing it.
    Good job team devs.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    CG_RyDiggs wrote: »

Hello everyone,
    We are listening.
    Cheers!
    RT

After the way they handled the ROLO special mission requirements ordeal this week we owe it to give the devs patience and the benefit of the doubt. This is the first TB. Nobody is going to complete it anyhow.

I don't think it's unreasonable that ships that have been unfarmable for almost a year either not be mandatory for a game mode, or at the least they be put somewhere we can start grinding them. Hopefully we'll get some info before the next TB.

Thank you again @CG_RyDiggs putting up with some angry fans this week, for a fair response, and for this amazing new game mode. Have a great weekend
  • Options
    I had a chance to buy shards for the Ewoks, and I passed. Now I don't have that chance, but it was there in the store for a long time.
  • Delmon_Ciiidrr
    504 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I have no problems with requirements being behind a paywall or even a past marquee event, like the new ewoks. But please play it fair and release all the same pay options for all countries. While it is possible to have 7* for the new ewoks for most of the countries with the right initial investment, for a japnese guild, there is no chance to have any of the new ewoks at a higher star level, as you didnt release those marquee event packs in Japan.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    medetec wrote: »
    The ewoks you cant even buy, much less farm. 'tis a bit awkward.

But you WERE able to buy them weeks ago.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I see no problem in Platoon Missions containing a few unfarmable toons. People that bought the toons at some point earned their advantage by paying. Heck! Without the spenders there wouldn't even BE Territory Battle or any other new game content.

Can my guild finish all platoons? No!
    Did we waste a lot of toons, as people assigned them to the platoons with unavailable toons? Yes.
    Did we learn anything? Well, so far we began compiling a list of how many (if any) of each of the rare toons we have available in the guild. We'll see next phase wether we learned out lesson.
    Do we still enjoy TB? YES!!!