Thoughts on Territory Battles

Prev1
I love this game, don't get me wrong, but is anyone else pretty disappointed in Territory Battles? It had so much hype and I think I was really pulling for an improved PvP mode, such as Guild Vs. Guild or something so that may be part of the reason I'm disappointed. What do you guys think?

Replies

• Options
    Its alot of work for little gain. And to me feels like more of a chore than galactic war.
  • Options
    Not exciting. Another grind to gear 12 with minimal rewards from the activity. This is the general consensus of my entire 50 person guild. And I've had a few guys quit the game because the grind is too much. I can see why they left.
  • Options
    Most of ppl are disappointed, especially those who invest lot for this little gain. If this is best what can cg created, I'm worry about future of game ( players dropping like fly)
  • Options
    I'd be happy if they just made it a 12 hour and 3 day event.. Then i'd be alright with it.. but not his 24 hours and 6 days.. way too much time
    #JediFactionRework2018
  • Options
    Okay TB has some issues to get around with its launch... but once these things get streamlined it'll be great...

Your like the guy in 1905 thats complaining about these "automobiles" in the street running over horse manure and splattering it on your trousers because you were walking down the middle of the street.

Laws eventually ban horses and people from walking in the street...

Automobiles get more and more efficient.

TB will get better & faster and there will be more of them... encourage the inovation and help develop it.

Or just keep whining without adding any solutions.
  • Options
    Automobiles are just a fad, like cell phones and computers.
  • Options
    I like it, it gives an added dimension to the game. I hope with time it will be made more strategic on an individual level where your choices hit you in later stages.

New gear, new challenges. And g12 raid han is meta now and a killer to face. Who would have thought.
  • Options
    Rewards are pitiful, platoons full of unobtainable ships and characters, too many crashes to count - especially on special missions. Kill it or fix it. And by fix I mean: stop the crashes, limit P2P toons to no more than 2 per territory, increase the rewards to 1 full salvage per loot box, reduce the time to 12 hours.
  • Options
    24 hours phases are great but 6 phases? That is too much. Make it 3 and that would be fine.
  • GamorreanBard
    121 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    41* and our rewards suck again. The structure needs changed. I understand staggering rewards in raids, strengthens guild. But when guilds stars lower in TB get straight better gear, that's just kitten. Sorry.
    Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
  • Options
    Like anything else there are some good things about territory battles and there are some bad things. I like how it's truly a guild challenge. You can't have a couple of people carry a whole guild. After a while I could see the battles getting old fighting the same toons but I assume by that time we will have a ds tb. By far the worse is the rewards are terrible compared to the effort required to gear up the number of teams needed to be successful. I hope the reward rework attempts to fix this.
  • Options
    Rewards need to be upgraded. For starters, they should give credits like they do in AAT and Rancor.
  • Options
    For me, the first TB was kind of exciting as it was the latest new and shiny thing. The second one feels pretty meh / repetitive already though. The rewards are pitiful for the amount of time/coordination that goes into them... our guild got challenge rewards from the loot box. NOT COOL CG! Doing a daily challenge takes 2-3 seconds to sim. TBs is a week long event (same complaint even if this is moved to a 3 day event) and I get the same gear that takes 2 sims to get via challenges? What a rip off! I know the devs have posted that they are reworking the rewards, but I doubt they'll be much better.

And I know, I know... the real rewards are in the tokens. But I am at level 78, so there's no gear 12 gear available in there for me. The only things that are interesting in the store for my level are the Baze shards, Mk 3 stun cuffs, and the Mk 5 stun guns (which I thought were supposed to be there, but I've never seen show up).

Also, TBs needs more variety. Battling the same characters wave after wave after wave has already gotten old. As others have said, it feels more like a chore than something that is fun / worth the time it takes to complete.

Just my two cents.
  • Options
    41* and our rewards suck again. The structure needs changed. I understand staggering rewards in raids, strengthens guild. But when guilds stars lower in TB get straight better gear, that's just ****. Sorry.

THIS.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Options
    i wish TB will also feature an attack on hoth with the empire om the rebels... turn the tables around and let the dark toons combat too
  • Moechenche
    65 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    It's too much work for such little rewards. Also the guild should not be locked for the whole TB. If a member cannot be active because of real life for a few phases it would be nice to switch them out.
  • Options
    It's just okay.

Pros:
    -Equal prizes throughout guild
    -Has opportunities for working together
    -Unique characters to unlock
    -Gives even the weakest characters a chance to shine

Cons:
    -Battles are just plain boring.
    -Stars seem too difficult to obtain (our guild does Heroic Rankor nearly every other day/2~3 days and can clear it in under an hour, but we're still only getting around 15* in TB)
    -Platoons are unfun to fill, especially when they require multiple difficult to obtain characters in the same platoon.
    -No love for Dark Side characters.
    -The only worthwhile thing in the store is Yoda.

Recommendations:
    --I'd like to see more variety in the different sections of the TB. We currently have ship battles and ground battles, but the ground battles are identical. Why not have one zone be things like TFP, Drivers, and ATATs, while others be more shock troops?
    --I'd love to see Raid style bosses (ATAT) where, instead of trying to kill them, you're just trying to do as much damage as possible. Prizes and bonuses could be given out based on the total amount damaged. There would have to be a mechanic involved to stop people from snowballing infinitely, though.
    --Make Platoons easier to fill, and give them some gameplay. Maybe something like selecting a person to "fill" the platoon, then going through some waves. You win if that person is still alive at the end of the final wave. At the end of each phase, the Platoons give benefits equal to the number included, up to a specified limit.
  • Options
    I always welcome new content..but the 6 day grind for so little reward is just frustrating.. a third of our guild didnt bother last phase...because no one in our guild has all the so called unobtainables..falcon reaper new ewoks etc..yeah yeah i know u can buy your way to these toons..but only the top ten of us in our guild are willing to spend a little..but not that much..spending 30 bux a pop to buy a fleet mega pack at a chance to get 5 falcon shards..is just insanity..ships have been out for almost a year..make it realistically farmable or remove it from platoon reqs... not to mention needing 12 ,7* lobots for platoon requirements..come on random my foot..there are more light side toons than just lobot. In the end i believe you guys will listen to us players and make adjustments and improvements..you have in the past..and ive played since launch and seen lots of positive change, tb is a cool new game mode..it just needs some tweaking!!
  • Options
    you all afraid of some work
  • Options
    I don't mind TB - I only have a small guild with 15 million GP and we only got 10 stars both times. It was fun to try and coordinate the Platoons and to decide which territories to place our efforts in etc. The battles are OK but IMO the difficulty is extremely random depending on which actuall opponents you fight - like a battle against 5 probe droids is easy, but a battle against a couple of SnowTrooper commanos and Snowtrooper Ops can be insane.

SWGoH - TurgonGW
    Guild - Starchoppers - Feel free to help us in the Raids!
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    I like it, but I do agree that the rewards feel a little lackluster for a 6 day event. One should keep in mind though that it was originally designed for 12 hour phases over a period of 3 days. Due to the community's response about the 12 hour length phases, they bumped them to 24 hours for the time being.

I really enjoy the new game mode. What I don't like about it is that dark siders such as me got screwed, and pushing us hard to work on our light side teams. I've seen people quit cause they don't like how they are being pushed to farm specific characters so much such as Commander Han and the Hoth Twins. Combat missions for Rogue 1 rebels, and phoenix also pushes us to farm those teams too. I think this part could have been designed a little better to be a bit more relaxed on this.

Platoons are also a problem right now. With the duplicate platoons we needed 12 lobots on the final day,and 8 lograys on each of the previous 2, which is a bit excessive. I'm sure this will be addressed soon though.

Once the kinks get worked out I can see this being a great game mode. I enjoy how it requires guilds to coordinate more, and everyone in the guild gets the same rewards so it really encourages people to help each other as everyone's contribution is as valid as the next person.
  • Options
    Not impressed.

Day 1 - Battle a bunch of snowtroopers.
    Day 2 - Battle a bunch of snowtroopers.
    Day 3 - Battle a bunch of snowtroopers.
    Day 4 - Battle a bunch of snowtroopers.
    Day 5 - Battle a bunch of snowtroopers.
    Day 6 - Battle a bunch of snowtroopers.

Too long
    Too boring
    Too little gained
  • Options
    Pretty disappointed. I lose interest quickly. I'm not going to farm Lobot from 2 hard nodes because he's useless everywhere else. I'm not going to buy fleet mega packs for a "chance" to get 5 millennium falcon shards. If they want to make unfarmable characters required, there should be two games modes. A normal and heroic mode. Normal mode will only require farmable characters, but you have a 0% chance of getting fully crafted gear and rewards are slightly less. Heroic mode gives you slightly better rewards and a better chance at fully crafted gear, but will require unfarmable characters (similar to TB currently)
  • Options
    TB is not great, but not bad too.. it's decent event. The reward not worth the effort to build squad, also too long for finish all phase.

I get bored easily :/
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    It's ok. It doesn't really take up that much time, but it does require group coordination and effort to be successful. Really it just comes down to some common sense in getting a feel for your guild mates and knowing where and when to deploy, where to assign platoon, and to do your combat missions.

Would be nice if they dropped rewards at the end of each phase and even shorten them to 12 hours (at least phase 1).
  • Options
    6 days and we get cheap rewards. Too long and boring.
  • BryGuy2k
    198 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Actually looking at the numbers we're deluded by the fact that the numbers are mostly just GP related. Your guild has x GP you'll get x/2500000 stars. You can try to min/max it but you'll be within 3 stars of that.

So really we should t care as much about the coordination as we are right now. It's just not worth the aggravation.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    AbrekV wrote: »
    6 days and we get cheap rewards. Too long and boring.

I would have to disagree. At the end of a week of TB, I got about 4000 TB store tokens, that equals to 60 Baze shards, which is minus about 2 months of farming just his node with no refreshes, or not having to use 3000 crystals to buy his shards for 50 crystals a shard in shipments.

4000 tokens will get you about 80 stun cuffs or guns...

Each to their own.
  • Options
    I'm personally really happy with the tb store. The tb tokens are the reward looks good to me. Don't know why everyone thinks the tb store doesn't have goodies in it.
  • Options
    @BryGuy2k

That's what I have been trying to tell everyone. Your formula works because deployments alone get you most of the stars and battles and platoons will only get most guilds an extra star or 2 so is not really worth the effort.