How am I supposed to beat this N12 team with my roster?

2Next

Replies

• Options
    gw8.jpg
    Finn and crew just not up to the task yet. I guess one of these days EA will let me win GW.
  • Tavanh
    523 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I feel your pain. It's become too much of a chore to try for the final nodes if you don't have 3-4 teams ready to burn down their tanks. I'm focusing on all my efforts in improving the top characters to G11/12 just to make GW easier before I lose my sanity and quit the game. It only gets a little easier you have your own 2-3 teams of full G12 units with zetas.
  • Options
    Every day I play GW makes me more and more glad that I stopped paying to play this game.
  • Options
    Another day ... another N12 that destroys everything I have left in my roster.
    gw9.jpg
  • Options
    by the way ... zFinn and crew slaughtered
  • Options
    Meaning they got slaughtered or they slaughtered the opponent?
  • Options
    My Resistance team got slaughtered. Had em TM loaded and everything.
  • Options
    gw10.jpg

Again, N12 smoked my TM loaded Resistance team. Wonder how many more days before I am allowed to win GW.
  • jwoah
    210 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    How are you playing your resistance team? Are you running Rey or R2? What is their overall power?

I have a 66k power resistance team and the teams I see you facing are basically the same ones I get as well. I load up 2-3 teams on early nodes and then usually use resistance for the rest. In the later nodes I back out pretty often trying to get the perfect RNG, one stun or one expose can make a huge difference against the max g12 teams.

A big thing I learned with them is almost never use Poe's ability late unless you can damage 3 exposes before the end of the battle. Your goal on node 8, 10 and 11 should basically be to try to have Poe with over 50% TM, the more the better, and his ability ready to go. If you're lucky enough, you can expose the whole team on the next node, basically guaranteeing a win. But two exposes from Poe is usually enough.

Always be watching your teams TM. Let's say you only have 1 enemy exposed, but 2 of your resistance members have 100% TM, don't attack the exposed enemy with the toon that has the first turn, try to expose a different enemy; it's nice when Finn is in this situation cause he can stun too. Then use the second guy to attack the exposed enemy, now you've wasted 0 TM.

If you are facing Han, I'm fairly sure his shoot first will always attack the same position numbers, so you might have to move RP or a different toon if he double taps and attacks Poe first. Poe is really one of the most important for this team, it's necessary to keep him alive.

Also potency crosses really helped me lay on those exposes. Your goal should be at least 50% potency for all resistance members.

The best resistance team from exp leaves out Rey for R2 because of the extra stun and his zetas are really helpful too if you can get those, especially number crunch. The release of BB8 will also be another benefit to resistance, probably switching out RP for him. He's gonna be a very helpful toon in GW.

I can try to help if you have more questions. I see roughly the same teams you do and complete them on average 6 days of the week. The last day I just chalk up to bad RNG.

Also, sometimes resistance can't do the job 100% on node 12, but as long as you can take out the tank and the healer, any good G11 should be able to take down the 3 other toons fairly easily. Never leave CLS for last if you have lost your top 3 teams, he can single handedly destroy g10 teams.
  • Options
    https://swgoh.gg/u/zolaz/collection/

I am running Resistance with zFin, Poe, RT, Rey and R2. They are weak and under modded at 61.6k. You have to have priorities in this game and I am working on my Phoenix squad and then Old Ben needs some work for CLS next time. After that I can work on my Resistance more.

Unless there are things that get in the way such as a Double Drop weekend for FO.
  • Options
    gw11.jpg

Hard enough fighting this CLS team by itself with my roster. I was already wiped after the CLS team in N6 and N11.
  • Options
    Couldnt defeat the 3rd CLS team in GW today.
    gw12.jpg
  • Options
    Super fast CLS will just run through your roster
    gw13.jpg
  • Options
    Zolaz wrote: »
    https://swgoh.gg/u/zolaz/collection/

I am running Resistance with zFin, Poe, RT, Rey and R2. They are weak and under modded at 61.6k. You have to have priorities in this game and I am working on my Phoenix squad and then Old Ben needs some work for CLS next time. After that I can work on my Resistance more.

Your Resistance team is not going to beat those teams.
    • Poe is not fast enough. Poe needs the speed arrow, not Finn. Poe needs g9-10 to survive; without Poe you are done.
    • You need to run Pilot instead of Rey. Pilot has high natural potency to help her land Expose.
    • Load potency on Finn, Poe, and Trooper. Right now you have between 11%-17% potency on those three, and that is not nearly enough to get it done. Potency crosses, potency sets. Speed speed speed on Poe.
    • Level up your mods. You really expect L1 mods to have any impact on these teams that are beating you?
  • Options
    You'd be surprised how well an under geared resistance team can do against a full G12 team. My Poe is only gear 8 with my resistance only being 66k power and I beat those teams 6/7 days of the weak, using resistance mainly throughout the course of GW only doing a few battles with other teams to boost TM.

I can't always beat the last node with resistance but taking even one character out makes a huge difference.

You are right that Poe needs survivability and speed, but it's a lot about how the user plays the team itself. Put decent mods on them zolaz and try a good run with hem, maybe watch a few videos. GW has frustrated me a lot less since I started learning how to use them.
  • Options
    I continue to face a gear 12 CLS probably 80% of the time now. Most days he single handedly destroys my roster and if I'm lucky I can maybe get his protection down. CLS is about as unbalanced a character as you can have in this game and everyone acts like it's fine the way it is.
  • Zolaz
    392 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Fumanchu wrote: »
    I continue to face a gear 12 CLS probably 80% of the time now. Most days he single handedly destroys my roster and if I'm lucky I can maybe get his protection down. CLS is about as unbalanced a character as you can have in this game and everyone acts like it's fine the way it is.

Evidently, that is how the Devs want it. They say that GW is within their metrics. There sure are a lot of people complaining on the Forums about how difficult GW is though. The Devs should just post something and sticky it at the top of GW Feedback explaining their position.
  • Options
    Mate, you're not alone. I haven't been this frustrated with GW since before I knew you could retreat.

Just hit 85 and now every.single.n12 had CLS, usually zeta, g12 or both. I don't have one and my A team still has a G9

Came to the forums today to see how many more are frustrated as hell with the imbalance, and to bump my poll from a few weeks back.
  • Zolaz
    392 posts Member
    Options
    Facing multiple G12 CLS teams sure is "fun". And by fun I mean a horrible experience.