Is Hermit Yoda worth it?

Replies

• Options
    I think the best move would to be Gear 12 and help One's arena team.

With that being said I'm getting HY. It may be the wrong move right now but I'm taking the chance on what others have said about Jedi Luke. I have a small hope that HY unlocks at 5* maybe Jedi Luke will too. This is also going off the assumption that Jedi Luke will be even better than CHS.

If we re following the movies - HY is up next.
  • Lord_Massacus
    183 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I would begin working on farming yoda, honestly its a similar scenario with toons like GK and Raid Han, it takes quite a few months to get enough shards to unlock and even more to get them to seven star, however, it is highly likely you'll need hermit yoda to get Jedi Luke and honestly he is quite the support for a jedi team. Combined with GK he could quite possibly change the jedi faction for far better than it currently is. I would farm him, but thats just me.
    Ally code: 357613281
    swgoh.gg: https://swgoh.gg/u/lordterminus/
  • Options
    I pick characters over gear because characters are always needed for events, and having them is always what is needed over a few pieces of gear.
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Piercen wrote: »
    ExarTheKun wrote: »
    Gear should be the focus. Yoda can wait.

Valid point
    However I was trying to gauge what lower level people like me who don't have many g11 characters
    Would it be better to wait and save currency for g12 or farm shards

You'll probably have at least a couple g11 characters by the time you unlock Hermit Yoda? I would go for gear since the most used characters change but gear doesn't
  • Options
    Get baze if you want him for the rogue one missions. Otherwise he is on his way out in Arena

I still prefer him to GK with a CLS lead. Baze is an excellent counter to R2. Plus as a tank he gains defense under a CLS lead and feeds Luke TM because he is a rebel.

He still needs Chirrut otherwise he taunts, dispells then sits there for a long, long time doing nothing.

Remember he gains 5% TM anytime an opponent gains a buff. When R2 uses his stealth buff Baze gains 25% TM. When GK cleanses and buffs he gains 25% TM. Yes, his speed his low, but he ends up being faster than a lot of characters.

Also, I forgot about his speed down counter fitting in well with CLS.

When Old Ben taunts and buff the team he gains TM.
    When Han buff the team he gains TM.
    Each time Leia shoots and buff the team he gains TM.
    Tbh i stopped playing with Leia (before CLS event) because of him since she massively feeds his TM. Thus he doesn't taunt much but he's dispelling everything.
  • Options
    Khayman wrote: »
    If Hermit Yoda is required for ROTJ Luke then he may become a priority for everyone who wants him. I am going to save my currency unless i see Baze and see what The next luke requires.

Ugh, that just gave me an upset stomach. Look how many people were upset by the commander Luke requirements. Can you imagine if you needed hermit Yoda? Let's hope not

Search your feelings... you know it to be true.
  • Revi
    573 posts Member
    Options
    Gear for our already G11/12, 7* toons seems the best bet... whats the point in getting yoda 7* then needing all the gear for him he cant be that worth it.
  • Options

With that being said I'm getting HY. It may be the wrong move right now but I'm taking the chance on what others have said about Jedi Luke. I have a small hope that HY unlocks at 5* maybe Jedi Luke will too. This is also going off the assumption that Jedi Luke will be even better than CHS.

They very well may do it, but including Yoda to get Luke would be the biggest middle finger to the player base yet. It will take a lot of people over 30 TBs to get Yoda 7*, and that's if they only spend on him. We are talking 7 months minimum for many people, and that's only if they run weekly. Being realistic it's going to be about a year farm for many. If they include him as a requirement for anything this place will go berserk. Take Phoenix for Thrawn and multiply it by 50.
  • Options
    Personally, I'm probably going to hoard my credits for now. Most of my gear XI toons need several pieces to gear up to XII. Once I get a gear XII toon, I may spring for the exclusive gear.

However, I am also convinced HY will be needed for Jedi Luke. I also envision a new Jedi meta where HY will be the centerpiece initially. The combo between HY and Jedi Luke could also be killer. I see zQGJ leads with a host of other Jedi that use HY. All the buffs and healing may be hard to beat. Only time will tell once someone unlocks him and puts him to use.
  • Options

They very well may do it, but including Yoda to get Luke would be the biggest middle finger to the player base yet. It will take a lot of people over 30 TBs to get Yoda 7*, and that's if they only spend on him. We are talking 7 months minimum for many people, and that's only if they run weekly. Being realistic it's going to be about a year farm for many. If they include him as a requirement for anything this place will go berserk. Take Phoenix for Thrawn and multiply it by 50.

For sure. HY maybe needed for the last iteration of Luke. Who knows. My thinking is all bets are off since CLS was 7* only and needed R2.
  • Options
    If you have a viable Jedi team, in my opinion he's the biggest game changer when it comes to raid viability. Between his unique buff, healing, and turn meter gain, he makes Jedi one of the most formidable teams available.

I'm prioritizing him. And like others said, he may be needed for Luke.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    Piercen wrote: »
    Hermit Yoda is good no doubt.
    However, after doing the math, I realized getting Hermit Yoda to 7 stars will require nearly 90,000 guild event currency!
    For my guild (getting 15 stars on the event) that means it'll take us almost 33 weeks.
    Seeing that there will be other great toons in the store (namely Baze), do you think that hermit yoda should be the main focus of farming out of that shop?

If you want JKLuke - you will need to farm him eventually.
  • Options
    skywhopper wrote: »
    I think g12 gear is the better investment for now, but we don't know for sure yet. That said, all the really good toons in this game take some investment. GK and Han Solo take months to max as well. And in a few months your guild will be clearing way more that 15 stars in TB. As with other aspects of this game, if you're unsure, save your currency. Wait a few weeks until the whales have unlocked HY and have reported on how OP he is. If he's awesome, you can cash in your saved currency for HY shards. If he sucks, you can cash it in for gear. There's no need to decide right this second.

This x100. Stockpile currency, see what works. The forum is FULL of people giving their analysis especially for new gear and toons. Some people take a lot of time to put together meaningful feedback, pay attention to those ones. You are not losing anything by waiting if you save the currency.
  • DarkstarSunrise
    570 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    My thinking is all bets are off since CLS was 7* only and needed R2.

and ST Han
    and Leia
    and Old Ben
    and Farmboy Luke

I'm spending all my TB currency on Hermit Yoda shards, gear is always obtainable elsewhere but the shards are not (for now), and chance are he will be required later.
  • Options
    My thinking is all bets are off since CLS was 7* only and needed R2.

and ST Han
    and Leia
    and Old Ben
    and Farmboy Luke

I'm spending all my TB currency on Hermit Yoda shards, gear is always obtainable elsewhere but the shards are not (for now), and chance are he will be required later.

Need to bump up my Jedi squad anyway. Best teams for a hermit?
  • Options
    Like many other people have said, I highly recommend saving your currency and waiting it out. See what happens with ROTJ Luke and primarily for top tier players to unlock him and pass on if he's worth it.
    SHATTERPOINT - One of the world's strongest guilds
    Recruiting solid 3mil+ GP players, pm for info
  • Options
    JayWong wrote: »
    OFF TOPIC
    Hermit Yoda is basically 100% guarantied Jedi Luke requirement.
    We can bet Captain Han and ROLO are very likely to be 2 more characters we need.
    Any ideas who may the 5th be?
    Do we already have someone ingame, or is there an obvious character that just needs to be released in the future?

I'm not sure ROLO will be a requirement. She's a long, long way off for a large number of the player population. I think Cap Solo will be required though. I'm not sure about Hermit Yoda either, unless they release a 1299 crystal pack for him, but I don't see them doing that.
    SHATTERPOINT - One of the world's strongest guilds
    Recruiting solid 3mil+ GP players, pm for info
  • Options
    Need to bump up my Jedi squad anyway. Best teams for a hermit?

CLS (L), vet Han, vet Chewie, Hermit, GK
  • Options
    For CLS, they required toons that were on the Death Star with Farmboy Luke: R2, Ben, Leia, STH. They are building up the story of Luke becoming a Jedi. If (you know they will) continue that narrative, then you will need toons that appeared in Empire with CLS. That would include Hermit Yoda, ROLO, CHS, R2, and Lando.

It’s not a middle finger or slap in the face to the players to require Hermit Yoda for this. Who else trained Luke to become a Jedi in the movie? These Luke events are a story. If you aren’t preparing by either getting shards now or saving time and , you aren’t going to get Jedi Luke.
  • Options
    There is no point getting g12 gear for toons that are not end game viable.

You could also benefit alot getting baze and chirrut
  • Options
    getting Yoda seems to be a no brainer for character releases down the road.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    Silky wrote: »
    I'm not sure ROLO will be a requirement. She's a long, long way off for a large number of the player population.
    ROLO is a much, much faster farm than Hermit Yoda.
  • Options
    OP, I guess it really depends on how is the rest of your roster. If getting a few toons to G12 will help you in arena, then go for gear.

Lukes journey isn't over. Just imagine how strong RotJ Luke will be just based off of how strong CLS is. And ask yourself..do you really wanna miss out on him when his release comes? It pays to be ready. I already have HY unlocked and at G11 and will continue to farm his shards until he is 7*.

Hermit Yoda will definitely be needed to unlock RotJ Luke.

Gear is important but if you can stay competitive without using up all your TB tokens on gear..then I'd say farm yoda.

I guess it really all depends on your roster and what's the end goal you are after.
  • SpeedRacer
    1037 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I think they will give plenty of time to farm Yoda for jedi Luke. The new green dude is godd, but not a game changer for meta.

Thinking of arena, battles rarely came down to the wire, on offense is easier. But if u are out of top 20 things might be diferent, said that, u should buy gear 11 or shards to improve your squad. Because i don't think one full g12 gear is a big upgrade on base g12 toons.
  • Options
    SpeedRacer wrote: »
    I think they will give plenty of time to farm Yoda for jedi Luke. The new green dude is godd, but not a game changer for meta.

Thinking of arena, battles rarely came down to the wire, on offense is easier. But if u are out of top 20 things might be diferent, said that, u should buy gear 11 or shards to improve your squad. Because i don't think one full g12 gear is a big upgrade on base g12 toons.

Its a shame his AI is broken and he rarely uses his big heal skill...he just sits there spamming his basic while MT is on cool down. If the AI had him spam it as much as possible (for the protection and foresight on Jedi as well) rather than only using it when a toon is low on hp, it would make a huge difference. A 20% health/protection restore/foresight \ being used 2-3x a fight is a big difference compared to using it zero times.
  • SpeedRacer
    1037 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    @GildoMcFlay definitely a big shame on hYoda AI!! What makes me really sad is that we don't hear anything from devs, even though there's people complaining everyday about it.

Because of that, It's a huge diference when u play him on offense and defense. My shard mate is very mad, gave a zeta to his special "strength flows", it's just a waste.

Gonna unlock him this TB and gear up, i like Yoda a lot. But have a feeling that i'm upgrading a defective toon. :/
  • Options
    I’ve got 5* zHY and love it. I’m running mainly Jedi and holding my own. Nothing stops it on offense and it doesn’t drop as much as the old zQGJ teams. Plus it’s different.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Options
    mlb1399 wrote: »
    I’ve got 5* zHY and love it. I’m running mainly Jedi and holding my own. Nothing stops it on offense and it doesn’t drop as much as the old zQGJ teams. Plus it’s different.

What squad are you running?
  • Options
    Hey there, here's detailed article about using Hermit Yoda.
    With squad choices and a few videos http://www.crouchingrancor.com/feedback-on-hermit-yoda/

TL;DR :
    Strong on offense,
    AI is not efficient in defense (at all)
    Very convenient in GW
    Average for raids (theorycraft here)
    Strong addition in TB !