TB Rewards and guild commitment issues... please address this!

2Next

Replies

• Options
    LOL. You don't want to run your own guild, cuz that's ? _ _ _ _ ? Silly? Bad? But you want to control how someone else runs their guild?

Apparently you missed the part about it's not YOUR guild. Rules are unique in every guild, if you DONT like the setup, then find a more appropriately fitting guild. And there is nothing unfair about a guild leader have the abilibity to remove PROBLEM players.

As you pointed out, it's a group effort, fine, we know that. HOWEVER, if you think that you will get rewards regardless of whether you are in that guild or not, you sir are a little off into left field. If you wish to acquire GUILD BASED rewards, then the ONUS is on you to find a guild that you are happy to be in, and play from there.

I'm talking about a very specific problem which is being kicked for whatever reason after you completed all 6 phases cause the leader wants to get back at you. What are you talking about, I never told anyone how to run their guild and I don't care how they run their guild.

What I'm saying that once a player get kicked after completing a good amount of the TB they should also get rewards for it. None is trying to take away power from a guild leader, if you don't want me in your guild then just kick me that's fine, however I shouldn't have to lose my rewards. After all why would the guild leader care if I get rewards or not, they are done with me aren't they?
  • Options
    ZyloRen wrote: »
    Huatimus wrote: »
    Should have thought about that first before Unmasking yourself and revealing your true self. Time to put the mask back on and suck up to your bosses.

From your attitude I'd say you have plenty of experience with that. I'm not like that my friend. Also this is why I'm writing this post, cause it shouldn't be happening

I was trying to make a funny reference to your username Zylo Ren and how today is the reveal of Kylo Ren Unmasked but I guess it was too obscure. At any rate, looks like no one agrees with you.
  • Options
    Should have thought about that first before Unmasking yourself and revealing your true self. Time to put the mask back on and suck up to your bosses.

From your attitude I'd say you have plenty of experience with that. I'm not like that my friend. Also this is why I'm writing this post, cause it shouldn't be happening

I was trying to make a funny reference to your username Zylo Ren and how today is the reveal of Kylo Ren Unmasked but I guess it was too obscure. At any rate, looks like no one agrees with you.

Lol, ok I see, my bad, I didn't make the connection, I didn't mean to offend you
  • Options

I don't think they agree cause they haven't been in my place, YET. I am not telling anyone how to run their guild or if they should be able to kick me or not, I'm just saying that just because I got into an argument with my guild lead which happens every often to people, if they wanted to hurt me by kicking me right before payout they can do that. My point is that they shouldn't be in charge on my reward payout
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options

I don't think they agree cause they haven't been in my place, YET. I am not telling anyone how to run their guild or if they should be able to kick me or not, I'm just saying that just because I got into an argument with my guild lead which happens every often to people, if they wanted to hurt me by kicking me right before payout they can do that. My point is that they shouldn't be in charge on my reward payout

They only have as much control as you have chosen to give them. You decided to be in the guild you are in. If you are really certain enough that your leader might do something like that to cause yourself concern, I'd say you got yourself in a guild with a leader you shouldn't have... but you chose to be there.

If, however, you are simply concerned because things got heated and now the situation is out of your control, well it isn't. You can always leave the guild right now and go join another. That way your guild leader's propensity for hot or level headedness will no longer be a cause of concern for you AND you can get rewards you DIDN'T participate for to make up for the ones you did.

OR you can wait it out and see what happens. Either way, what happens to you next depends mostly on... you...
  • Options
    Woodroward wrote: »
    I'm surprised no one else commented on this up until this point:

What do you mean letting players get rewards from a TB they participated in wouldn't be exploitable?

It would be far more exploitable than raiding ever was. If you got rewards for a TB you participated in whether or not you are in the guild, you could be in 2 or 3 guilds every day, do a little bit in each one, and after phase 6 you could collect TB rewards from 12-18 guilds... letting you gather g12 gear up to 12-18 times faster than anyone else.

And since everyone gets the same rewards we are talking the potential of some major changes like: Oh I just took 3 characters from barely g12 to all 12.5 out of one territory battle time frame's rewards.

Your point of view on this seems decidedly backwards in almost every respect. I say this not to be offensive, but to try and get you to see how whatever perspective you are viewing it from is skewing your input. It's like you are standing in the spot that perpetuates an optical illusion or something.

No, the solution to your problem is to join another guild right away if you get kicked so you can still get tb rewards from them even though you didn't participate. This is because, as you said, TB rewards are not linked to participation.

To rephrase once more: TB rewards are not linked to individual participation, so giving rewards out to people after they have been kicked because they participated individually goes against the idea of TB and opens the door to far more exploitation than previous guild reward systems have ever allowed.

Woodward I was w u on the epic bounty hunter arena debate u killed it , but either I'm to drunk or reading it wrong. If u gave someone their rewards after they were booted they can't join another guilds tb till the next one. I have people join in the middle of one and can't play. So if I got kicked and got the reward it would be the same as if I was still there because although I can join a new guild I can't join thief tb till that current one has ended. As for the poster it not a big deal i detest the ideal of having to work w other personalities in the framework of the game to get what I need but it is what it is. I personally think if u kick someone out before their reward they don't get their reward and the guild should lose all of the player contributions points to the tb and any stars as a result.
  • Options

What do you mean letting players get rewards from a TB they participated in wouldn't be exploitable?

It would be far more exploitable than raiding ever was. If you got rewards for a TB you participated in whether or not you are in the guild, you could be in 2 or 3 guilds every day, do a little bit in each one, and after phase 6 you could collect TB rewards from 12-18 guilds... letting you gather g12 gear up to 12-18 times faster than anyone else.

And since everyone gets the same rewards we are talking the potential of some major changes like: Oh I just took 3 characters from barely g12 to all 12.5 out of one territory battle time frame's rewards.

Your point of view on this seems decidedly backwards in almost every respect. I say this not to be offensive, but to try and get you to see how whatever perspective you are viewing it from is skewing your input. It's like you are standing in the spot that perpetuates an optical illusion or something.

No, the solution to your problem is to join another guild right away if you get kicked so you can still get tb rewards from them even though you didn't participate. This is because, as you said, TB rewards are not linked to participation.

To rephrase once more: TB rewards are not linked to individual participation, so giving rewards out to people after they have been kicked because they participated individually goes against the idea of TB and opens the door to far more exploitation than previous guild reward systems have ever allowed.

Woodward I was w u on the epic bounty hunter arena debate u killed it , but either I'm to drunk or reading it wrong. If u gave someone their rewards after they were booted they can't join another guilds tb till the next one. I have people join in the middle of one and can't play. So if I got kicked and got the reward it would be the same as if I was still there because although I can join a new guild I can't join thief tb till that current one has ended. As for the poster it not a big deal i detest the ideal of having to work w other personalities in the framework of the game to get what I need but it is what it is. I personally think if u kick someone out before their reward they don't get their reward and the guild should lose all of the player contributions points to the tb and any stars as a result.

There are potential problems with that, if the player is being a problem and solos the raids you can't wait 5 days to kick them.
  • Options

you are off point mate, you can't join TB for a guild if you joined after it started so ye, it's not exploitable
  • Options

also if you are part of a guild when TB starts and you do NOTHING, you still get the same rewards as everyone but you could be the top contributor and be kicked 1 hour before payout and even tho you did millions of points of contribution you won't earn anything.
  • Options
    Overall it boils down to the guild in question, does not seem to be a good fit for you for whatever reason. Irrespective of who tinkled in who's cornflakes, if the leader is vindictive, then find a new guild. If you messed up, then figure out whether to move on or not. At the end of it, rewards are tied with being in a guild, not being there at the end of the GUILD WIDE BASED EVENT, means you don't get the rewards. Chalk it up to a learning experience and carry on McDuff
  • Options

Also you are correct that who is right or wrong is a mute point considering that being wrong doesn't mean you should be punished that harshly and not get rewards. I'll disagree on the part that since you are in someone else's playground you should just accept that and suck it up. This is exactly the point I'm trying to make we are indeed in someone else's playground but not out of choice! We don't choose to be part of a guild, we have to be part of a guild and therefore people need to be protected when they join other people's ''playgrounds''. You can always counter with the argument that if you don't like how others run things then you can move on and make your own guild and do whatever you want with it. However that's an **** argument, you don't fix a problem by doing nothing about it.

Really Zylo I am not trying to be offensive but again I say that each individual guild has their way of doing things. I can only imagine the forums if for every person who got removed from a guild came on here to plead their case or to rant of how unfairly they were treated. I totally disagree with your statement that people need to be "protected" when they join a guild. I have removed countless people from mine for a variety of reasons. I try to look at the broad picture when I do so but when people arent meshing (as in a simple thing of not joining Discord, not communicating, not following directions for TB deployment, not generating enough raid tickets per week, going inactive for 2-3 days without so much of a courtesy of saying "Hey I am going to be real busy the next few days", being a pompous monkeys rear end about everything under the sun, etc...) then it is time to remove the dead weight, tumor, or whatever else you want to call it from the picture. There may be guilds out there that are extremely heavy handed and would remove people for something as trivial as they just flat out dont like the person. But the point I am making is its my decision to remove that person. I dont need to justify it to anyone because at the end of the day if I mistreat people then the 49 others in my guild will see that and I doubt it would be as successful as it is as a result. I just fail to see what you consider the problem is.
    SWGOH Guild: Peace is a Lie SWGOH Profile: Boofpoof Discord: Buffpuff#3065
  • Options

Exactly. Agree Infinity plus a gazillion. If they changed TB to individual participation you would see guild jumping more than in the past for HAAT guilds.

• Options

I wasn't saying they could participate in TB, but as far as rewards go, it doesn't matter whether they do. TB rewards are given out to every member in a guild regardless of their participation.

If you get kicked, you lose the chance to get the rewards from that guild... But you can still join another one and get THEIR rewards before its over.

What I was saying to the poster is that is where it balances out. Yes you can get kicked to lose out on 6 days worth of work, but you can also join at the last second and partake of 6 days worth of work you didn't do.
  • Options
    Shaking thinking about missing a week of the rewards.. you make it sound like you are waiting to find out if your kid has cancer.

It's a game. It's okay to get mad but you should be over it after a few moments, not take it with you all day and night.
  • Options

I wasn't saying they could participate in TB, but as far as rewards go, it doesn't matter whether they do. TB rewards are given out to every member in a guild regardless of their participation.

If you get kicked, you lose the chance to get the rewards from that guild... But you can still join another one and get THEIR rewards before its over.

What I was saying to the poster is that is where it balances out. Yes you can get kicked to lose out on 6 days worth of work, but you can also join at the last second and partake of 6 days worth of work you didn't do.

Correct me if I am wrong here Woodward but I was under the impression that if a person leaves the guild mid TB battle they are obviously forfeit the rewards of that guild but if they then JOIN another guild while in mid TB they couldn't participate at all. I wasn't aware that they get rewards for joining mid TB and doing nothing (because they are locked out). Or did I miss something here?
  • Options

no you dont. If you weren't into the guild when Tb started then you DONT GET REWARDS. I know cause I did it
  • Options
    Boofpoof wrote: »

Correct me if I am wrong here Woodward but I was under the impression that if a person leaves the guild mid TB battle they are obviously forfeit the rewards of that guild but if they then JOIN another guild while in mid TB they couldn't participate at all. I wasn't aware that they get rewards for joining mid TB and doing nothing (because they are locked out). Or did I miss something here?

They don't get rewards, he doesn't know what jr is talking about
  • Options
    So can they participate or are they "locked" out if they join mid-TB? Thanks for the clarification for the zero rewards for joining during mid-TB since I thought that was the way it was.
  • Options

Also you are correct that who is right or wrong is a mute point considering that being wrong doesn't mean you should be punished that harshly and not get rewards. I'll disagree on the part that since you are in someone else's playground you should just accept that and suck it up. This is exactly the point I'm trying to make we are indeed in someone else's playground but not out of choice! We don't choose to be part of a guild, we have to be part of a guild and therefore people need to be protected when they join other people's ''playgrounds''. You can always counter with the argument that if you don't like how others run things then you can move on and make your own guild and do whatever you want with it. However that's an **** argument, you don't fix a problem by doing nothing about it.

Really Zylo I am not trying to be offensive but again I say that each individual guild has their way of doing things. I can only imagine the forums if for every person who got removed from a guild came on here to plead their case or to rant of how unfairly they were treated. I totally disagree with your statement that people need to be "protected" when they join a guild. I have removed countless people from mine for a variety of reasons. I try to look at the broad picture when I do so but when people arent meshing (as in a simple thing of not joining Discord, not communicating, not following directions for TB deployment, not generating enough raid tickets per week, going inactive for 2-3 days without so much of a courtesy of saying "Hey I am going to be real busy the next few days", being a pompous monkeys rear end about everything under the sun, etc...) then it is time to remove the dead weight, tumor, or whatever else you want to call it from the picture. There may be guilds out there that are extremely heavy handed and would remove people for something as trivial as they just flat out dont like the person. But the point I am making is its my decision to remove that person. I dont need to justify it to anyone because at the end of the day if I mistreat people then the 49 others in my guild will see that and I doubt it would be as successful as it is as a result. I just fail to see what you consider the problem is.

I never said anything about your ability to kick players who are dead weight, I said that the player should still get rewards even after they have been kicked, in case you wrongfully kicked them.

At the end of the day what do you care about? Why does it matter to you if they get rewards or not? You are done with them aren't you?

This is a measure to protect players for being kicked out off revenge, not to restrict the legitimate powers of a guild leader.
  • Options
    So can they participate or are they "locked" out if they join mid-TB? Thanks for the clarification for the zero rewards for joining during mid-TB since I thought that was the way it was.

I left my guild right after the first TB cause they ware vastly underpowered, I joined 2 more guilds that were also very weak and I left on the same day. Then I joined a 3rd guild that was really strong but I didn't read the guild message, my GP was to low for their standards and I was kicked the night before the second TB.

I tried joining a guild right after that but I was locked out and had to wait for 24 hours.

Next morning after my cooldonw expired I joined a guild and that was 2 hours after TB had started. I was locked out of that TB. I couldn't participate at all, didn't get ROLO shards or TB shop currency from special missions and of course I also didn't get rewards at the end of TB.

So yeah, you don't get anything even if you join the second after TB starts!
  • Options
    Shop for another guild on this forum while you wait for rewards. Move guilds in the down time between TBs. Don't take the game so seriously. Never look back.
  • Options
    Shop for another guild on this forum while you wait for rewards. Move guilds in the down time between TBs. Don't take the game so seriously. Never look back.

This isn't a solution to the problem, people will still get kicked for unfair reasons. Also stop saying don't take this game seriouly. I failed to get CLS by a few old ben shards.

I've spend months at a dissadvantage to other players, i had to settle for a worse arena rank, much harder rancor solos and much more time consuming, missing rewards from TB due to not having CLS, ect. You may say that missing one reward won't matter, however I'd like to see what you have to say when Hyoda or rolo are required for a future legendary toon that you will miss by 10 shards and have to wait another 4 months to get while trashing your raid capabilities and arena placement.

I'm sorry but losing 1 TB based on how rare it is is a massive loss my friend.
  • Options

I never said anything about your ability to kick players who are dead weight, I said that the player should still get rewards even after they have been kicked, in case you wrongfully kicked them.

At the end of the day what do you care about? Why does it matter to you if they get rewards or not? You are done with them aren't you?

This is a measure to protect players for being kicked out off revenge, not to restrict the legitimate powers of a guild leader.

I get what you're saying Zylo but I just disagree with it. If a player is removed during a TB then they forfeit their results. It prevents exploitation and it's a STRONG incentive to not go guild shopping during a TB. And believe it or not I know there are people out there who join a guild just to get TB rewards. As to the measure to protect players for being kicked out off of a revenge mindset then again I say you are barking up the wrong tree. It does not matter WHY you were kicked out. Trying to eliminate "revengeful" kicking would be like trying to empty the ocean with a teaspoon. Refer to the image...

be3c82a6180b37de3fb3663426253984.jpg

• Options
    I disagree with the idea of taking abilities away from the guild leaders but thats besides the point, I also think as others have said that you are part of that guilds structure and if you dont like it or them you just need to move to a guild you like and it will be a non issue from here on out.

But what I would really like to know is what is your solution to fixing your problem?
  • Options

I get what you're saying Zylo but I just disagree with it. If a player is removed during a TB then they forfeit their results. It prevents exploitation and it's a STRONG incentive to not go guild shopping during a TB. And believe it or not I know there are people out there who join a guild just to get TB rewards. As to the measure to protect players for being kicked out off of a revenge mindset then again I say you are barking up the wrong tree. It does not matter WHY you were kicked out. Trying to eliminate "revengeful" kicking would be like trying to empty the ocean with a teaspoon. Refer to the image...

So in the case where the player is right and the guild leader was an *@*@*@&@* you think that the player should take the fault? Or should the player have to supress their feeling and give in tp the abuse so that they don't get kicked and miss out on the rewards?
  • Options

So in the case where the player is right and the guild leader was an *@*@*@&@* you think that the player should take the fault?
    No, forget about fault. You decide if you want to be in your situation or if you want out.
    Or should the player have to supress their feeling and give in tp the abuse so that they don't get kicked and miss out on the rewards?
    Again, up to you. decide if you want to put up with it long enough to get your rewards or not.
  • Options

Just have to say that Einstein never said that. It originated in AA in the 20s.

Science runs counter to that statement. Repeated testing is always needed to verify results and variation is often expected.

My bad about the guild rewards. I thought everyone in the guild got them regardless.
  • Options

I'm sorry but losing 1 TB based on how rare it is is a massive loss my friend.

No, no it really isn't . I literally got nothing any of my characters can use. And the TB shards.. well I haven't even spent one yet.. and im top 5 in both arenas.
  • Options

j7Z1Qw
  • Options

So in the case where the player is right and the guild leader was an *@*@*@&@* you think that the player should take the fault? Or should the player have to supress their feeling and give in tp the abuse so that they don't get kicked and miss out on the rewards?

I'm saying that this game is just like real life in that sometimes you may be 100 percent in the right but because the powers that be (aka Guild leader, officers) say or think otherwise you are up you know what creek without a paddle in trying to convince them otherwise. You've given no statement as to what you consider "abuse" from your current guild. So as has been said by others you either trod on or find a different home. And from your past statements you have zero issue in finding another home. I feel like I'm beating a dead horse here so I'm going to bow out at this point. Best of luck to you ZyloRen. I can see why you may be having issues with meshing with leadership in guilds. Some introspective would serve you well.