Territory War Ties [Merged]

Replies

• 1 point for a defense win would be enough to prevent ties and not skew the scoring system towards placing all your best toons on defense.
  • Another stellar release on this game. A tie, lol. Shouldn’t remaining GP or number of battles determine the winner? Just watched us tie a guild who needed multiple attacks to clear the last line. I finished the majority of their last line with one attack while having a defense that took 5 attacks to defeat. What a joke. Should just change the name to Ties instead of GvG. Everyone gets a trophy.
  • No that's not really fair either because it penalizes you if you have lower gp to start with.

1 point per successful defense
  • JG44D2 wrote: »
    Another stellar release on this game. A tie, lol. Shouldn’t remaining GP or number of battles determine the winner? Just watched us tie a guild who needed multiple attacks to clear the last line. I finished the majority of their last line with one attack while having a defense that took 5 attacks to defeat. What a joke. Should just change the name to Ties instead of GvG. Everyone gets a trophy.

Remaining GP. This.
  • Chuybacca wrote: »
    What about if you get one point for each toon that survives an attack? So they kill one, you get +4, they kill 3, you get +2, etc. that would make you strategize more and be near impossible to tie. It could be for survival on defense just the same. @CG_Kozispoon

+1
    I like this idea
  • Points for surviving defensive toons (per toon, not team)
  • How does this work. We both had 25/25 defensive teams in each area. We both cleared every section. So how come they beat us by 10 points? @CG_Kozispoon @CG_RyDiggs
  • Okay the remaining gp wouldn't work because u don't both start w the same gp in fact our opponent started w more Than us about 2 million more. Again the simplest is Mano e Mano pick your best squad or take the tie
  • Okay the remaining gp wouldn't work because u don't both start w the same gp in fact our opponent started w more Than us about 2 million more. Again the simplest is Mano e Mano pick your best squad or take the tie

Ties are dumb. It defeats the point of gvg. It should be one team v their team or a tie breaker. Which defensive point systems work best. Because that actually rewards strategy. Using 5 teams to beat it is lazy and rewards people for underperforming.

Even remaining GP works better. 2m is easily overcome because they burned it by choosing poor battles, had poor mods or any combination of factors.

• why not once a territory is take the teams that won battles become defenders and they have to take the territory back. Who holds most territory’s wins that should never end in a tie
  • Why not just have the first team to clear the map Wins?

That’s arbitrary. First, there’s no guarantee either team will clear the map (a tie is unlikely in that scenario but still possible). Second, I could be facing a team in the other side of the world. The tiebreaker then becomes “whichever team happened to be in the right time zone wins.”

Guilds usually have players from all time zones. Wouldn’t be fair for the guy in Japan to miss out or not be able to attack because all his North American or Euro players were able to. Plus, what if you’re matched to a full guild in a time zone that is in the middle of the night for your guild. Never would stand a chance.

• Drazz127 wrote: »
    They would be smart to give both guilds first place for their hard work in the event of a tie. They don't need any more riots so close together over rewards which aren't that much different.

Can’t.....guilds would collude and put in little to no effort to intentionally tie. You already have people at the top levels of the arena colluding with the other people on their shards to trade victories so they can all stay at the top and not drop into the next tier of ranks.
    Why not just have the first team to clear the map Wins?

Wouldn’t be fair due to time zone differences.
  • As John_Matrix pointed out, successfully winning on defense should also award points, would make ties rare + people would actually need to think on what squads they want to use efficiently instead of zerging.
  • Shaolin_Fantastic_1
    642 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Why not just have the first team to clear the map Wins?

Because it is not a race and there are other factors in your why people can't race to finish a game like lif work time zones. Plus if u use lazy ways and still win or in this case tie u shouldn't be penalized cause the other team is more kitten but u both came to the same climax.
    Post edited by Ambassador on
  • Drazz127 wrote: »
    They would be smart to give both guilds first place for their hard work in the event of a tie. They don't need any more riots so close together over rewards which aren't that much different.

Can’t.....guilds would collude and put in little to no effort to intentionally tie. You already have people at the top levels of the arena colluding with the other people on their shards to trade victories so they can all stay at the top and not drop into the next tier of ranks.

It doesn’t matter. Unless they change and reward for defensive wins, there will always be a tie. You are facing a similar GP guild. They will eventually have enough squads to finish it off. Especially anyone 100m and up in GP.

With the right strategy, I guild at 110m could tie the highest GP team. Just because they can use enough teams to blow through the battles.

• 9VexXuM.jpg

Why do we have less points in what should have been a tie?

Why can't EA/CG get anything in this game right before throwing it out there?
  • It’s not like giving both guilds first place rewards will brake the game. It’s only one more zeta mat and some extra guild/TB currency.
  • Kreontas wrote: »
    Yeah but then again if both got 1st place rewards wouldn’t everyone intentionally draw every time? It would be the best strategy

Well then they need a tiebreaker or a larger board for the top guilds because 250 teams, no matter how strong, is just going to be too easy to wipe with a group of 3M+ GP rosters.
    ΔCŁBØSØX | Discord: aclbosox#8982
  • A free Zeta is a free Zeta. Thanks CG!
    The Academy of the Fallen
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Ledinis wrote: »
    As John_Matrix pointed out, successfully winning on defense should also award points, would make ties rare + people would actually need to think on what squads they want to use efficiently instead of zerging.

No, emphasize offense, not defense. Give extra the way it was done in the tournaments. Each surviving member in offense should give +2, each dead one -1.

With this the number of banners would go like this:
    5 survive - 10+10 = 20
    4 - 10+8-1 = 17
    3 - 14
    2 - 11
    1 - 8

It gives enough variance and emphasizes offense more.
  • Degs29 wrote: »
    I don't see most matches ending in a draw.

But mostly I wanted to respond to your assertion that awarding banners to defensive teams for successfully defending would benefit TW. IMO, I'd agree with you IF you strip the 20 banners for placing the team there in the first place. Otherwise, defending would be all too powerful a strategy.

I’m pretty sure most matches will end in a draw, you can already see it in the matches between the top tier guilds, both guilds are clearing the map, but one of them is doing it more decisively yet they’re both getting 2nd place rewards. But of course that’s still the way I see it so I can’t say you’re wrong. Maybe you’ll be right and this game mode won’t turn out to be a constant race to second, I would love for that to be true.

As for the second part, exactly, the hardest part in this game, the most strategic part is finding a team that’s good enough for AI to beat a human, so naturally it’ll be rewarded better. But you have to remember that in this scenario the other team is putting an emphasis on defense too so the guild that manages to both fortify their defense and leave enough to not drop as many banners on offense is de facto the better guild on the night. As it is now, in most cases, most of the top tier and coordinated guilds are going to be able to clear the map whether it be in 1:30 hours (already happened this time around), a couple of hours later or at he last minute, so the tie breaker will be “how you cleared the map”. If you had a higher success rate than your opponent, you’re the better guild.
  • Tilar wrote: »
    Tie breaker should be Guild ID in alphabetical order. Bring back the good ol' days.

/s

LOLL!!!!!
  • Simple solution would be the leaders of each guild go one on one w one team who ever wins gets first place

I have a horrible arena squat, and it clearly is impossible as both leaders have to log in at the same time, but it would be fun. And everyone should be able to watch!
    Banthas want to eat me, but I eat back!
  • If tie means no rewards then this is not the perfect solution and should be changed.
    Cheers!
  • Chuybacca wrote: »
    What about if you get one point for each toon that survives an attack? So they kill one, you get +4, they kill 3, you get +2, etc. that would make you strategize more and be near impossible to tie. It could be for survival on defense just the same. @CG_Kozispoon

+1
    I like this idea

This actually reduces the strategie part, as you can't play to your full potential. I would hate to have my G12 ST Han cost us the victory, because he did what he was designed for.
  • Kreontas wrote: »
    Yeah but then again if both got 1st place rewards wouldn’t everyone intentionally draw every time? It would be the best strategy

exactly.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disgrace_of_Gij%C3%B3n
  • Ledinis wrote: »
    As John_Matrix pointed out, successfully winning on defense should also award points, would make ties rare + people would actually need to think on what squads they want to use efficiently instead of zerging.

No, it would result in super boring defensive TWs.