Rey's Hero's Journey Character Requirements (12/06/2017) [MEGA]

Replies

• Options
    Han 0/100 Chewy 0/85 farming since available. doing 3x100
  • Options
    I have 7* VetSolo and 83/100 Chewie. I think I will get them rolo 7* till 15th of December.
  • Options
    Nope. Needed at 7* as per the official announcement
  • Options
    Katina wrote: »
    I’m f2p and started farming them when they appeared in shipments. Just finished them so I’m ready! It was obvious they’d be required.

So did I and mine aren't even 6 stars. How did you manage to do that without spending money? I've used all 3 100 refreshes since they became farmable.

400 crystals from ship arena, 150 from squad arena, whatever other crystals you get including the freebies for cg muck ups. Decent RNG in the main, bought from shipments when I had the crystals. I can assure you I haven’t spent a penny on them.

So basically to get them 7* as a F2P, you need to be top .02% on your shard (top 1 in fleet of 2000, and top 1 in arena out of 2000) as a f2p. So, maybe less than .02% of F2P will get her. Maybe. Probably less.
  • Sapient2k7
    191 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    We have two members in our guild that have them. Not possible to do so without spending money. 660 shards from 16 energy cantina node means 31680 cantina energy (33% drop rate). This in turn means ~264 refreshes. Assuming 3 refreshes each day from crystals and one free , that means ~ 66 days. The vets were released 2 weeks ago.
  • Options
    I really shouldn't be surprised that they are doing this again, but it gets me every time. You'd think I'd learn not to get let down by this sort of garbage. Of course, they do have whales to feed, and those whales are putting some people's kids through college.
  • Options
    Yup ready to go!!
    image.png
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Bottom line: 3x cantina refresh everyday (with two days of double drops) since release is not enough

If CG wants to even pretend that Rey isn’t ptp, we need more
  • Options
    Thanks for confirmation on required toons, but please show us her kit
  • Options
    We may be able to play the event up until a certain tier. But we won't be able to unlock her
  • Options
    Goustie wrote: »
    so for her is needed ten 7* special chars.. cause of first order and their retarted FO stormtrooper with one drop place with five tries.. playing it almost two years kitten

FO Stormtrooper has 3 battles: DS 2-A, LS 2-B and LS 9-A

• Options
    it still needed 7* characters for 2 final battles
    so i guess same here
  • Options
    We have a Day 1 F2P in our guild, he will finish these requirements by this weekend. New f2p will struggle.
  • Vohbo
    332 posts Member
    Options
    There is only ONE way to stop this kind of scumbaggery and that is to never ever panic farm. Each time you give in, you give positive reinforcement to these people.
  • Calx
    112 posts Member
    Options

Do you mind sharing your farming method to get them to 7-stars? How many refreshes per day, source of crystals, shards purchased from shop, etc.?
  • Options
    Yes got them both. Used the free.crystals from the Rey promo and went mad.on the double.drops
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    Options
    I’m f2p and started farming them when they appeared in shipments. Just finished them so I’m ready! It was obvious they’d be required.

So did I and mine aren't even 6 stars. How did you manage to do that without spending money? I've used all 3 100 refreshes since they became farmable.

400 crystals from ship arena, 150 from squad arena, whatever other crystals you get including the freebies for cg muck ups. Decent RNG in the main, bought from shipments when I had the crystals. I can assure you I haven’t spent a penny on them.

So basically to get them 7* as a F2P, you need to be top .02% on your shard (top 1 in fleet of 2000, and top 1 in arena out of 2000) as a f2p. So, maybe less than .02% of F2P will get her. Maybe. Probably less.

Guess I'm the 0.02%. Always knew I was leet. Thanks for confirming.
  • Options
    Not gonna happen. Doing so will literally give spoilers to a movie not even released. Just use your brain and think about it before demanding her kit.
  • Options
    It says very explicitly that you will need all the characters at 7*.
  • Globuhl
    751 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I'm fine with that. Jedi training Rey will only be an issue for Arena top 50 maybe even less. Now I can plan for the next instance of the event. Then I'll be ready. It's a much better outcome for most than the CLS flood we have endured since last August.
  • Options
    1/100 on Chewie
    67/85 on Han

Have enough crystals saved to bring Chewie up to 7* from shipments

Quietly confident I’ll be ok.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    Bottom line: 3x cantina refresh everyday (with two days of double drops) since release is not enough

If CG wants to even pretend that Rey isn’t ptp, we need more
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options

Or you saved crystals earlier in anticipation (or because you're a hoarder/like to be prepared for whatever they might drop).
  • Options
    Vohbo wrote: »
    There is only ONE way to stop this kind of scumbaggery and that is to never ever panic farm. Each time you give in, you give positive reinforcement to these people.

A thing is only worth what you can get for it. As long as there are whales willing to spend a fortune to unlock new toons, new toons will cost a fortune to unlock. The only real way to stop "this kind of scumbaggery" is to hunt all whales into extinction. the value of a new toon will then drop to zero.
  • chionophile
    1097 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Toys constantly spoil movies. I wouldn't be surprised if they release her kit ahead of time.

Edit: for your convenience, here are some examples

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SpoiledByTheMerchandise
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    JalenVane wrote: »
    We have one more week which it will give at least me the chance to 6 star just one.

The event will last a week, so you have two weeks.
  • Options
    That's disgusting and is a totally wrong strategy.
    Even players who started farming the two Vets time ago are very very far away from 7 stars...
    Probably 1/1000 or less of the players will have the new Rey.
    Only the true crazy out of control money-spenders will BUY her.
    Is this in the interest of the game and of your business?
    No.
    If many more people could have the chance to get her, then they will probably spend in the attempt to increase gear, have good mods...
    Don't you know that many people spent money to get CLS to g12??
    There is nothing that I can do to have this character, I would need MONTHS to farm the vets....
    However, my friends, I also would consider these:
    1) since GW became very easy I don't need strongest toons (before that I completed it with Z Finn)
    2) my guild now can do HAAT, so again I don't need her.
    3) arena ranking? Not really interested, it would be more a prestige matter... but it's not our real life!
    So, there is nothing I can do, if she will come back in a year, I will try.
    Merry Christmas EA.... what a bad bad mistake.....
  • Options
    <sharpens harpoon>
  • Options
    I have them at 58/100 and 80/85. 3 x cantina refreshes a day + 8 shard crystal purchase every other day. Been doing that since they came out. Completely F2P and will be at 7* by the 15th. Without crystal purchase this would be near impossible.