Rey's Hero's Journey Character Requirements (12/06/2017) [MEGA]

Replies

• Options
    So we just got the announce of the characters we need. We all expected that it will be Rey Scavenger BB8 Finn and the Veterans. There’s only one small problem...The Veterans... Why you may ask? Here’s why!

The veterans were release on the week of the anniversary of SWGOH which was exactly two weeks ago. Now they gave us a two day double drop. The Veterans are precisely on the last two nodes of Cantina. Making it 16 cantina energy per match.

Here’s where it gets interesting. Ive been farming both of them since the begining. Completely F2P. And today I made both 5 stars. We have one more week which it will give at least me the chance to 6 star just one.

Now for the big question...

Will there be ANY HELP whatsoever that doesnt involve paying for a pack? Or are there only gonna be paying packs for this?
  • Options
    5000 post mega thread incoming....
  • Crazylazyguy
    1786 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    DatBoi wrote: »
    I’ve defended nearly every decision made by y’all. I defended the requirements for CLS (even though I didn’t get him), the chimeara, thrawn, bb-8, etc. I’ve defended release schedules, events, hasty updates, and the power creep. But this, this is some major kitten. I’ve spent 300 crystals every single day on cantina energy, using it only on starring my vets, and they’re still only 5 stars.

Unless you give out free shards, this is the first time I’m willing to call a character p2p, because Rey absolutely will be. There is no way somebody will be able to unlock the new Rey without spending money which is wrong and undermines everything I have enjoyed about this game for the last two years.
    AtlasMKx wrote: »
    I've always been a supporter for CG but this is complete kitten. Merry Christmas, whales only.

F2p here, I'll probably manage to get her, better luck next time folks
  • Options
    Worst kept secret ever
  • Options
    1) Will we get any ways to speed up acquiring Vet Smuggler shards, in a similar way we got ways of getting more shards for the CLS characters.

2) When will the kit be announced?
  • Options
    A note to the devs. I have farmed the Vets since the Hour they were released in cantina, I will NOT be able to get your Jedi Rey. I’ve had decent farming RNG and spent >300 crystals/day on these Vets. This is preposterous!
  • Options
    yes, $$$$
  • Options
    Some boat my friend, same boat.
    Annoying.
  • Options
    Or having a double drop on those nodes
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    It's a shame no Falcon is required, this will turn into another handout like CLS
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    Ok, f off CG. I’ve defended nearly every decision made by y’all. I defended the requirements for CLS (even though I didn’t get him), the chimeara, thrawn, bb-8, etc. I’ve defended release schedules, events, hasty updates, and the power creep. But this, this is some major kitten. I’ve spent 300 crystals every single day on cantina energy, using it only on starring my vets, and they’re still only 5 stars.

Unless you give out free shards, this is the first time I’m willing to call a character p2p, because Rey absolutely will be. There is no way somebody will be able to unlock the new Rey without spending money which is wrong and undermines everything I have enjoyed about this game for the last two years.

I’m in the exact same situation. The event should’ve started in Januari to give f2p players a chance to get her if they went all in

F2P should not get everything right away for FREE. You have no right to be angry if you don't spend. How in the world do you expect everything given to you for FREE?

Who in their right mind would spend money if you didn't have to? I guess you can't understand since you don't understand the concept of money.

I will enjoy reading your bitter wailing.

• Options
    1) We all hope that, but no. That's unlikely.

2) Soon. They have to show how broken she is to force people to shop shop shop.

Good job, EA and CG. Battlefield 2 was not enough.
  • Orba
    63 posts Member
    Options
    Woohoo, celebrate the new Star Wars film with an event only a small amount of players will be able to take part in...
  • Options
    Pfft! Not even going to bother this go-around. You hear that EA? I'm STICKING. TO. MY. PLAN!!! I'll get her next time.
  • Fittro
    6 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    . I’ve defended nearly every decision made by y’all. I defended the requirements for CLS (even though I didn’t get him), the chimeara, thrawn, bb-8, etc. I’ve defended release schedules, events, hasty updates, and the power creep. But this, this is some major kitten. I’ve spent 300 crystals every single day on cantina energy, using it only on starring my vets, and they’re still only 5 stars.

I've always been a supporter for CG but this is complete kitten. Merry Christmas, whales only.

Youre full of kitten if u claim f2p and you have then at 7*
  • Options
    Here comes the nerd rage
  • Options
    I’m f2p and started farming them when they appeared in shipments. Just finished them so I’m ready! It was obvious they’d be required.
  • Options
    7 star bb8
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Fittro wrote: »
    . I’ve defended nearly every decision made by y’all. I defended the requirements for CLS (even though I didn’t get him), the chimeara, thrawn, bb-8, etc. I’ve defended release schedules, events, hasty updates, and the power creep. But this, this is some major kitten. I’ve spent 300 crystals every single day on cantina energy, using it only on starring my vets, and they’re still only 5 stars.

By the word "probably" I'm assuming he doesn't have them yet. There are still 2 more weeks before the event ends.
  • Options
    ciao f2p...
  • Options
    On to more pressing matters... Will the Vets get the Resistance Tag?
  • Options
    Katina wrote: »
    I’m f2p and started farming them when they appeared in shipments. Just finished them so I’m ready! It was obvious they’d be required.

So did I and mine aren't even 6 stars. How did you manage to do that without spending money? I've used all 3 100 refreshes since they became farmable.

• Options
    Disgusting.. enough said.
  • Mef1428
    144 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    If you finish in top of Arena and Fleet, which is possible for some F2P, and you did start farming Vets as soon as they came out in Cantina, and you spent most of your Arena/Fleet-earned crystals on refreshes, having them at 7 stars already was doable.

• Options
    Membrane wrote: »
    Or having a double drop on those nodes

i vote for 5x drops on those nodes for a day with guarenteed 50% drop chance

i know it wont happen but its more reasonable for many of us to get them up like that
  • Options
    http://www.swgoh.life/panic.html

Now that everything is clear...
    My German YouTube Channel: Leon24
  • Options

So did I and mine aren't even 6 stars. How did you manage to do that without spending money? I've used all 3 100 refreshes since they became farmable.

I'm 0/100 on Han and 82/85 on Chewie, farming from day one, buying shipments occasionally with free crystals from arena. Is doable.
  • Options

Hoarded cyrstals since reys event got announced. During the double drop i did more than 3 refreshes and then purchases from the shop.