2018 early speculation.

Replies

• Options
    Revi wrote: »
    There is no way Hoda will be a requirement for Jedi Luke. Agree with the others though.

When they first announced CLS HJ, some people said no way R2D2 Legendary is needed for CLS. You know what happened.

When they first announced RJT HJ, some people said no way Pay2Get Geezers needed for RJT. You know what happened.

When they eventually announce ROTJ Luke, I sure as heck won't be surprised that Hermit Yoda is required.
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Options
    Hermit Yoda actually trained Luke. Why would anyone think he wasn’t going to be required??
  • Options
    Huatimus wrote: »
    There is no way Hoda will be a requirement for Jedi Luke. Agree with the others though.

When they first announced CLS HJ, some people said no way R2D2 Legendary is needed for CLS. You know what happened.

When they first announced RJT HJ, some people said no way Pay2Get Geezers needed for RJT. You know what happened.

When they eventually announce ROTJ Luke, I sure as heck won't be surprised that Hermit Yoda is required.

^THIS
  • Options
    Naw wrote: »
    Hermit Yoda actually trained Luke. Why would anyone think he wasn’t going to be required??

^AND THIS
  • Options
    Naw wrote: »

^AND THIS

Haha, so far someone has died in the hero's journey. Hermit Yoda is required and will be the one to die.
  • Viserys
    461 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Next, in a couple of videos they said choices will dictate who/what you can unlock through the Guild events. G12\ HODA/ Wampa. I believe that Hoda will come into a Legendary event for Jedi Luke.( Who possibly could be released during a Jedi Faction pass.)Of course the criteria to get Luke would be Rolo, Cholo, CLS, Hoda and.... C3pO. Yes I’m expecting a 3pO event that will unlock through Ewoks. This means ROTJ Luke will be very hard to obtain for most players but, you will be able to work on it for the next release and know all the criteria.

Depends on the event type. If they keep the pattern it's 4 characters and 1 legendary. They won't do a Jedi Luke HJ using characters that people could already have - that's why Rey's centered around the Vets. With CLS, a player could happen to have all those toons ready before the event was announced and then coast through. With Rey they deliberately added two new toons that nobody could possibly have ready before the event announce without having invested tons of crystals (or just cold hard cash).

When Jedi Luke hits, they'll do the exact same thing - except the layout will probably work like this:

Legendary will be supplanted by CLS
    CHS will be a requirement (it's possible Raid Han could also be required in the later phases)
    Lando will likely be a requirement
    A new Chewbacca will be added to force a panic farm. (this will land approx 2-3 months prior to the HJ)
    A fifth will be added i

HYoda will not be a requirement because that would immediately disqualify 98% of the playerbase and you can't spend to farm HYoda (causing all these players to just say, 'nope, won't spend for that')

^THIS

Because HYoda is acquired a very different way. Before Luke's HJ they can just repeat the event. Because the first R2 event set most players on the path to prepare for it on the second go round, repeating the event was a good way to ensure player's could get him.

HYoda will likely not be required because it takes months to acquire him from TW/TB and only if you are trying to do that. When it comes time for a ROTJ Luke event, I'll gamble less than 1% of the playerbase will have HYoda at 7*. And if the very first thing you do, is make a decisions that ensures that 99% of the playerbase can't participate, and aren't able to acquire HYoda on short notice -- you're just isolating your potential spenders down to 1% -- and that doesn't seem smart.
  • Options
    HYoda is a very different acquisition method. You can't just "get" HYoda if you don't have him. You would need to spend months worth of GET currency to 7* HYoda. This means that when a potential ROTJ Luke HJ comes down the pipe, it's probable that less than 1% of the playerbase will have him at 7* and nobody will be able to acquire him on short notice.

Thus anyone who doesn't have him, won't be spending a dime to prepare for the event if he's mandatory. Cutting off a huge portion of their playerbase as potential spenders, for what will almost certainly be another money-mandatory prep seems super unwise.

I'd gamble more on a couple new marquis characters you need. If I had to guess it would be OT Chewbacca and C3PO. The event won't necessarily only follow Luke (as you cut the possible character list pretty short by doing this - Luke is isolated from the other characters for almost the entire film in ESB)
  • Options
    Viserys wrote: »
    HYoda is a very different acquisition method. You can't just "get" HYoda if you don't have him. You would need to spend months worth of GET currency to 7* HYoda. This means that when a potential ROTJ Luke HJ comes down the pipe, it's probable that less than 1% of the playerbase will have him at 7* and nobody will be able to acquire him on short notice.

Thus anyone who doesn't have him, won't be spending a dime to prepare for the event if he's mandatory. Cutting off a huge portion of their playerbase as potential spenders, for what will almost certainly be another money-mandatory prep seems super unwise.

I'd gamble more on a couple new marquis characters you need. If I had to guess it would be OT Chewbacca and C3PO. The event won't necessarily only follow Luke (as you cut the possible character list pretty short by doing this - Luke is isolated from the other characters for almost the entire film in ESB)

A. They want their Hero's Journey characters to be rare
    B. There is no rule that says they can't put Hermit Yoda in some $$$ packs right before the event.
    C. The Vets could have been made farmable. They chose to put them behind a paywall.
  • Options

I hope he is not required. My previous comment was sarcasm.
  • Options
    Atlas1 wrote: »
    May 2018 be the year of Dr. Aphra and her two murder bots. I remember one of the devs (can't recall who, though) saying in a post a while back that Dr. Aphra was a fav of theirs and they were looking forward to the time when they could work on getting her out ...

+1000000. Aphra, BT, and Triple 0 are some of the best new original characters we’ve had.

Bring on Dr. Aphra, 0-0-0 & BT-1! A new DS scoundrel & two new DS droid bounty hunters!
  • Options
    RotJ Luke by the logic of CLS will need: Hoth Leia, Hoth Han, CLS, Hermit Yoda, and R2 or another new character from Empire
  • Options
    Honestly, I think ROTJ Luke is still a ways out. While I wouldn't be surprised if they required Hermit Yoda, they usually require a legendary character, and I doubt they would require R2 again. It's possible, but I doubt it. I think there still need to be a few character releases before they have a ROTJ Luke event. His event may go even beyond Hero's Journey because his kit will most likely be meta shattering, and unless they release another Luke before it they'll have to require CLS. A Hero's Journey character requirement for a Hero's Journey event seems unlikely to me (there have been stranger requirements before but that just seems redundant). If they do go with stuff that we already have in the game it would most likely be CLS, ROLO, Captain Han, R2, and Hermit Yoda. (That's why I think it'll be a while, requiring CLS, ROLO, and Hermit Yoda seems a bit extreme, even when compared to the VS requirement in Rey's Hero's Journey)
    Ally Code: 357-613-281
    swgoh.gg: https://swgoh.gg/u/lordterminus/collection/
  • Options
    Honestly, I think ROTJ Luke is still a ways out. While I wouldn't be surprised if they required Hermit Yoda, they usually require a legendary character, and I doubt they would require R2 again. It's possible, but I doubt it. I think there still need to be a few character releases before they have a ROTJ Luke event. His event may go even beyond Hero's Journey because his kit will most likely be meta shattering, and unless they release another Luke before it they'll have to require CLS. A Hero's Journey character requirement for a Hero's Journey event seems unlikely to me (there have been stranger requirements before but that just seems redundant). If they do go with stuff that we already have in the game it would most likely be CLS, ROLO, Captain Han, R2, and Hermit Yoda. (That's why I think it'll be a while, requiring CLS, ROLO, and Hermit Yoda seems a bit extreme, even when compared to the VS requirement in Rey's Hero's Journey)

CLS is probably the only given lol.
  • Options
    Jamesm wrote: »

CLS is probably the only given lol.

I agree. I think that the ROTJ Luke is going to be an event that surpasses Hero's Journey events, and ROTJ Luke will be the first of that event type. They'll need a few more character releases first, though. Obviously, a new Han and Leia are included in that.
    Ally Code: 357-613-281
    swgoh.gg: https://swgoh.gg/u/lordterminus/collection/
  • CoolAndFresh
    34 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I am massively put off by requiring hard-to-get characters to get the new content. The last Rey event was a serious disappointment. My guild is 25M power. We dont do HAAT yet. We clear 11 or 12 stars in TB. I dont want to be forced to join another guild just to have access to new content. The veteran han and chewie requirement for rey was offensive. I just missed CLS the first time around and i am kittens that has put me so far behind in raids and arena, and that the event hasnt come back. The trend towards unlocking heroes only at 7* has me ready to leave this game .

Devs, look at my account... i have spent thousands of dollars on this game. My other whale friends are leaving because of the way you release new content, and how unbalanced the top toons are. Please stop pandering only to the players who are in top guilds. The rest of us spend money too.
  • Options
    Just a new raid !!! TB , TW , GW , arena , all the same kind of fights .... it's start to be boring . More toons to farm for discover the contents and less credits to up this toons . Just a new raid and this game will get a new life .
  • Options
    There is so much here that people have suggested that I want but when I think “Star Wars” I think Darth Vader. IMO the most iconic character of franchise needs some love in 2018.
  • Options
    I think it starts with one week off for the devs team
  • Options
    HYoda will likely not be required because it takes months to acquire him from TW/TB and only if you are trying to do that.
    And?

You're making a choice when you spend your Guild Event Bucks. You're choosing to spend them on G12, I assume, and you're benefitting from that right now. Good for you, I'm not judging or saying you're doing it wrong, it's a totally valid choice to make and more power to you for choosing it. I chose to farm Hermit Yoda because I love that little muppet and think he will make my jedi team significantly better. If he winds up being needed for some future Hero's Journey event then great, I'm going to have that requirement down and will look forward to finding out what silly thing I need that I have to farm from some obscure node someplace that I will inevitably not be able to finish in time :P But it's a choice that I made.

So how come you get to benefit from your choice, but I don't get to benefit from mine?
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    KueChael wrote: »
    Before Geonosia, the Republic and Separatist should be remade. It would be cool if Sidious had both tags.

Geonosis - stop getting Star Wars wrong, thanks
  • Options
    JaggedJ wrote: »
    Jabba....Jabba....and oh yes - Jabba.

So right!
  • Options

H yoda make no money bad business for them. So what you think before they release Jedi Luke . And if H Yoda is required what card pack can they drop that we can buy? Business wiz it make no sense.
  • Options

H yoda make no money bad business for them. So what you think before they release Jedi Luke . And if H Yoda is required what card pack can they drop that we can buy? Business wiz it make no sense.

Not everytoon needs to be a panic farm. There very well could be another required toon that will be one. Look at it logically based on the past two heroes journeys instead of just from the money angle.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    HYoda will likely not be required because it takes months to acquire him from TW/TB and only if you are trying to do that.
    And?

You're making a choice when you spend your Guild Event Bucks. You're choosing to spend them on G12, I assume, and you're benefitting from that right now. Good for you, I'm not judging or saying you're doing it wrong, it's a totally valid choice to make and more power to you for choosing it. I chose to farm Hermit Yoda because I love that little muppet and think he will make my jedi team significantly better. If he winds up being needed for some future Hero's Journey event then great, I'm going to have that requirement down and will look forward to finding out what silly thing I need that I have to farm from some obscure node someplace that I will inevitably not be able to finish in time :P But it's a choice that I made.

So how come you get to benefit from your choice, but I don't get to benefit from mine?

I'm not actually doing the things you say, but that's not the point.

It's not whether you benefit from your choice or not. Major toon pushes like the HJ are not meant to pay players dividends for their choices, they're meant to entice them to spend money. HYoda would shut a massive percentage of the playerbase out of wanting to make that choice, so I don't think they'll go that route.

JTR wasn't added just to reward players who farmed resistance and first order, it was there to get players to spend to complete the Vets (particularly those who farmed resistance)
  • Revi
    573 posts Member
    Options
    All I'm asking for in early 2018 are Zetas for the Resistance (Poe, RT, RP). Then we can maybe get some new Clones, Ki-Adi-Mundi and other Republic toons, a Separatist and Bounty Hunter rework and expansion, and Zeta releases for characters lacking them throughout the first half of 2018. That would be super.

Resistance are already quite powerful they definitely are not the faction that need more zeta's.
  • Options
    BH Rework please. Like jan 2nd :)
  • Options
    Jar Jar and Jabba are coming !
  • Options
    People who dont think Hoda will be needed for JKLuke are the same nitwits who said Vets wouldnt be needed for JTR. So start farming now if you want to get him. Or just focus on gear or getting CLS, bc you will def need him first.

GK is unattainable for a lot of folks. Same with Zolo. They dont **** about that anymore?

~D
  • Hannibal_Bexus
    620 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    There is no reason they couldn't put Hermit Yoda in a $ pack. Plus, it would be the perfect time to release Carbonite Han. He could be the $ toon instead of HY
  • spicynachosupreme1
    507 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Hermit yoda will absolutely be required. He trained Luke. It would actually be ridiculous if he wasn't required. Yes, He is difficult to obtain. But he has been available to farm for months and anyone who wants a shot at jedi luke is kidding themselves if they are not spending all their territory battle currency on him. So dont spend that currency on anything that is not unique to that shop. I'm in a lower level guild and have been focusing on him since the release of TB. He will be unlocked shortly. Don't get caught with your pants down, start farming him now.