2018 early speculation.

Replies

• Jovana_Milo
    342 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Viserys wrote: »
    HYoda will likely not be required because it takes months to acquire him from TW/TB and only if you are trying to do that.
    And it has been months

(Plus it will likely be more months before it occurs anyway)

Ps I hate the Hoda, Nicknames. To me he is the original yoda . Clone wars yoda should have the nickname. Like Michael Bolton says in Office Space "he's the one that sucks"
    Can we rotate out the Moderators?
  • Options
    HoodieDM wrote: »
    People who dont think Hoda will be needed for JKLuke are the same nitwits who said Vets wouldnt be needed for JTR. So start farming now if you want to get him. Or just focus on gear or getting CLS, bc you will def need him first.

GK is unattainable for a lot of folks. Same with Zolo. They dont **** about that anymore?

~D

That's not accurate. I firmly believed from the day the Vets were added to the game that they were being added to support a HJ for Rey alongside the film and that they'd be required with BB-8 to do the HJ.

However, I don't believe HYoda will be needed for another HJ because it doesn't make financial sense. We've seen these events structured time and again to drive a panic farm for certain characters (which goes hand in hand with spending money to enable or accelerate that farm). If such an event for ROTJ Luke comes down the pipe, most players will not be capable of pivoting to acquire HYoda in time -- it will not matter whether they "should've anticipated it", what will matter from the financial perspective is whether it's possible for them to prepare in time at all. Anyone who can't prepare in time, or doesn't believe they can prepare in time, will disengage from preparation and won't spend any cash to support it. Somebody at EA will say "That doesn't make sense guys, think of a more lucrative way to do this"

Event monetization has nearly always revolved around pushing players to get characters ready in a limited time window. In the CLS HJ, it was possible for players to just so happen to already have the characters they needed. As we saw, the most common panic farm was Old Ben.

For Rey's HJ, they removed that element of chance by having the farm revolve around two characters added to the game explicitly to control the access to the event. You couldn't happen to be prepared, they knew everyone would need to 7* two new characters under a time window of their specific choosing. Perhaps the biggest flaw in that thought process was that some people couldn't get to BB-8 in time (FOST being the flashpoint on this) and got locked out of the process. It's just not possible to acquire HYoda in a time frame that makes it a requirement compatible with how these events have always run.

If we do see a HJ for Jedi Luke, the monetization is going to revolve around new characters added to support the event - just like it did for Rey. They won't allow HYoda to block people out of the event. There's a good chance you might see a one-on-one round with Luke fighting against HYoda in a "training exercise" type of battle, but you aren't going to need him 7* on your squad. If I had to guess, the characters that will be added to support this are OT Chewbacca and C3PO. I can't say for sure how they'll be added, or what the acquisition method will be - but at least one will probably be available in a panic-farmable way and in a time window just narrow enough to pretty much require spending.

For structural reasons, I'm not sure will see ROTJ Luke arrive as a HJ event at all. The film places some problematic restraints on telling the story the same way they did for CLS, not the least of which is that Luke is separated from all the other characters for the vast majority of the movie. Additionally, we already have most of the characters the HJ might require in the game, which makes it harder to introduce new characters to support a monetizable panic farm. I think it's possible we might see Jedi Luke as a raid reward for an Endor Death Star raid, but we must also face the possibility we just won't see Jedi Luke for a really long time.

If you want to get HYoda ready now, 'just in case' I wouldn't criticize you at all. It's not as if he is a bad character, or that you won't get a really nice return off of him - but I don't think it makes any sense to lock Jedi Luke behind HYoda because there's no paywall there. HYoda is 'timewalled' no matter how you slice it. Events are here, at the end of the day, to drive spending - both short and long term - and players can't spend to get HYoda any faster. Don't get me wrong, there would definitely be a paywall element in the event, but HYoda would break the 'entice to spend' part of that if he were required.
  • Options
    I like the idea of having Vader and Palp leads active at the same time, but Vader's DOT ability should be a UA anyway and his lead should be even better. Poor Vader isn't even king of the Rancor raid anymore. He was dethroned by CLS, who last I checked lost a hand to the legendary dark lord in the movie. If the strength of a character actually matters to their power in game, the devs might want to rewatch the OT.
  • Options
    I expect level 90 to release. I don’t recall what month we went to 85 though. I do remember it took about a week and a half to level my account so I assume it will be double that and the cost per character to about 4M credits. I should start saving for it...
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    Options

If you want to get HYoda ready now, 'just in case' I wouldn't criticize you at all. It's not as if he is a bad character, or that you won't get a really nice return off of him - but I don't think it makes any sense to lock Jedi Luke behind HYoda because there's no paywall there. HYoda is 'timewalled' no matter how you slice it. Events are here, at the end of the day, to drive spending - both short and long term - and players can't spend to get HYoda any faster. Don't get me wrong, there would definitely be a paywall element in the event, but HYoda would break the 'entice to spend' part of that if he were required.[/quote]

I believe the paywall will be 3p0. He will need 5 Ewoks. I think Hoda will be put in there also with Cholo,Rolo. Jedi Luke will be a gift to whales and those that prepared. Not everything is behind a pay wall. CLS and JTR were easy. Didn’t spend a dime. Just knew what was coming and used crystals wisely. Devs said you’ll have to choose, g12/ Hoda / Wampa. So I believe Jedi Luke will come and many will not get him first time.
  • Options
    Op rebels, players complaining about Op rebels and calling for nerfs, players complaining about Op rebels being nerfed
  • storypeterj
    27 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    KueChael wrote: »

If you want to get HYoda ready now, 'just in case' I wouldn't criticize you at all. It's not as if he is a bad character, or that you won't get a really nice return off of him - but I don't think it makes any sense to lock Jedi Luke behind HYoda because there's no paywall there. HYoda is 'timewalled' no matter how you slice it. Events are here, at the end of the day, to drive spending - both short and long term - and players can't spend to get HYoda any faster. Don't get me wrong, there would definitely be a paywall element in the event, but HYoda would break the 'entice to spend' part of that if he were required.

I believe the paywall will be 3p0. He will need 5 Ewoks. I think Hoda will be put in there also with Cholo,Rolo. Jedi Luke will be a gift to whales and those that prepared. Not everything is behind a pay wall. CLS and JTR were easy. Didn’t spend a dime. Just knew what was coming and used crystals wisely. Devs said you’ll have to choose, g12/ Hoda / Wampa. So I believe Jedi Luke will come and many will not get him first time.

With HYoda and Wampa being added to TB platoons, it seems that they're already doing this. People are enticed to spend on CHS, Starck, ROLO, and IPD in order to get more guild event tokens and speed up their farm of HYoda. I think HYoda will definitely be part of Jedi Luke's Hero's Journey. Fortunately, I think we won't see it until the end of 2018, so there's time.
  • Options
    Many keep posting about C3PO. Why? What combat skills could he bring that are somehow tied to other material ? Calculating the odds? Complaining? Translating?
  • Options
    Range1974 wrote: »
    Many keep posting about C3PO. Why? What combat skills could he bring that are somehow tied to other material ? Calculating the odds? Complaining? Translating?

He could be the Hoda of droids
  • Options
    Just want my holiday special Boba Fett.
  • Options
    1. Land Battles

2. T-16

3. Whole lotta wamprats
  • Options
    I hope January is bounty hunters, separatists and Revan month! Or at least one of those 3 things
  • Options
    But generally just very excited to see what comes after this movie release and characters.

Not interested in that in the slightest
  • Options
    Viserys wrote: »
    HYoda will likely not be required because it takes months to acquire him from TW/TB and only if you are trying to do that.
    And it has been months

(Plus it will likely be more months before it occurs anyway)

Ps I hate the Hoda, Nicknames. To me he is the original yoda . Clone wars yoda should have the nickname. Like Michael Bolton says in Office Space "he's the one that sucks"

This is the real priority here! Hes Yoda! Couldn't agree more
  • Options
    Range1974 wrote: »

You know that red arm he sports in TFA? That belonged to an espionage Droid that saved C-3P0 and is worn as an homage. You know what 3P0’s job is now for the Resistance? He is the command unit for all espionage droids and now has over 8 million communications protocols gained from the fall of the Empire.

He would be a support unit with mad evasion skills and could direct other units to shoot for him. Imagine that synergy with R2, BB-8, IG-88, and IG-86 or a jawa Engineer.
  • Options
    My guess is that they will release more TLJ characters in January. At least 3 more (marquee)
  • Options
    Does anybody not notice that Empire DS needs some love? I am tired of GK CLS teams. Empire needs a new Hero or give Vader Imp Troopers the same love. I run Empire always have always will. But when they come out with a powerful DS character watch how everybody will jump ship. I have 7 star good rebel team won't run them in Arena cause im Empire but we will see how loyal people. are to LS when DS will be the meta.
  • Options
    ShannonP35 wrote: »
    Does anybody not notice that Empire DS needs some love? I am tired of GK CLS teams. Empire needs a new Hero or give Vader Imp Troopers the same love. I run Empire always have always will. But when they come out with a powerful DS character watch how everybody will jump ship. I have 7 star good rebel team won't run them in Arena cause im Empire but we will see how loyal people. are to LS when DS will be the meta.

Loyal? I get that some people prefer DS or LS characters, but if there's a toon that can help me advance I don't care what side it is.

Loyalty....it's just a game.
  • Options
    I am massively put off by requiring hard-to-get characters to get the new content. The last Rey event was a serious disappointment. My guild is 25M power. We dont do HAAT yet. We clear 11 or 12 stars in TB. I dont want to be forced to join another guild just to have access to new content. The veteran han and chewie requirement for rey was offensive. I just missed CLS the first time around and i am kittens that has put me so far behind in raids and arena, and that the event hasnt come back. The trend towards unlocking heroes only at 7* has me ready to leave this game .

Devs, look at my account... i have spent thousands of dollars on this game. My other whale friends are leaving because of the way you release new content, and how unbalanced the top toons are. Please stop pandering only to the players who are in top guilds. The rest of us spend money too.

If you have spent "thousands of dollars" and are in a guild thats only 25 million gp, well you know what they say about a fool and money
  • Options
    It was hinted/mentioned, that each faction will get their own Pass.. much like how Ewoks and NightSisters had theirs.

So what’s left :

BountyHunters /Scoundrels - CadBane, BobaFett, Zam, Greedo, possibly Marquee Event for JangoFett

Separatists - GenGrievous rework hopefully

Sith - around the same month when DarthNihilus came out, maybe we could get a DarthRevan and make EA super silly rich !!! Marquee Event?

DirKrennic and Starck in bundles, about to expire, we might get Empire related events?

Chimaera 7* event again

More SW Rebel new toons?

New ships?

Jedi Pass? Mace Windu certainly needs to be faster as the second best during his time in the series.. Maybe get new ones like ShaakTi or something..

There’s a lot more to expect. 2018 should be fun.
  • Options
    Empire and Sith received updates early 2017. So while I would welcome updates for each (I ran Sith in Arena before the CLS/R2 buzzsaw), I think they go lower in the non-event-related priority list than bounty hunters, separatists, and Jedi/galactic empire. Good list, though.
  • Options
    "Execute Order 66" event to unlock Dark Side Anakin

Requiring the Clones and Anakin
    Start with Anakin v Windu
    Then Clone teams v other Jedi Masters
    Anakin and Clones v Jedi Temple
    Anakin v Obi Wan
  • Options
    J_Fos95 wrote: »

Anakin v Obi Wan

This sounds good, but I believe Fives and echo died before order 66, and Rex took out his chip so he could resist order 66. The only clones we have that could really be included in such an event would be Cody and the sergeant. Unless they made a few more, which I would entirely be in favor of :)
  • Options
    J_Fos95 wrote: »

Anakin v Obi Wan

This sounds good, but I believe Fives and echo died before order 66, and Rex took out his chip so he could resist order 66. The only clones we have that could really be included in such an event would be Cody and the sergeant. Unless they made a few more, which I would entirely be in favor of :)

Echo was still alive. Not many know about it, but he was. Look up “Clone Wars: The Bad Batch”. He may have had his chip removed, I don’t know. I’m sure we would need regular anakin as well, but otherwise I would like to see this happen.
    Ally Code: 357-613-281
    swgoh.gg: https://swgoh.gg/u/lordterminus/collection/
  • Options
    I'm hoping that a new section like fleets come to the game but it's land vehicles. Like at-ats, at te, mtt etc
  • Options
    As much as I love Empire, they are.not in the priority list at all. My guess is that the next DS factions to get some love are FO and BHs. Also expect new Resistance and Phoenix characters (maybe not Phoenix tag, but based on the show).
    Still, I hope we get Empire toons like Iden Versio or Scout Trooper.
  • Options
    As much as I love Empire, they are.not in the priority list at all. My guess is that the next DS factions to get some love are FO and BHs. Also expect new Resistance and Phoenix characters (maybe not Phoenix tag, but based on the show).

We have one sliver of hope! Star Wars Rebels. This is the series end.
    Scout trooper, Rukh (with ship) and Tie defender pilot (with ship)

Faction fandom aside- BH should be reworked in jan. Like beginning of jan with new toons in there as well.
  • Options

We have one sliver of hope! Star Wars Rebels. This is the series end.
    Scout trooper, Rukh (with ship) and Tie defender pilot (with ship)

Faction fandom aside- BH should be reworked in jan. Like beginning of jan with new toons in there as well.

Copied from January login character predictions
    I'm expecting a Bounty Hunter rework soon because of the DSTB requirements. I would guess a Bounty hunter login character (one we already have), then a bounty hunter marquee later with a few new toons. Then, these new toons would become free to play (almost) just in time for the Solo movie (May 25). They would (of course) be required to unlock some new OP toon from the movie which would cause an eruption of angry posts on the forum.
    I know I'm a little cynical, but, it makes sense and totally fits the MO.