• Lord_Terminus
    239 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    LokDawg23 wrote: »
    Tannjam wrote: »
    @CG_Kozispoon was referring to this:
    Liath wrote: »

Could be that we are getting that promised “road ahead” post next week and that’s what she means by news.

tenor.gif

I guess I interpreted that wrong?

Lol, I was just digging all over for the same post! Good find :)

Ya got me. I was on such a gif roll I didn't notice that 'next week'. I was drunk with power. Flew too close to the sun!
    Mea culpa. As penance, I'll sound the alarm in advance of when the Road Ahead is nigh.

Speaking of your gif game...and we are all here because we play a star wars themed game...here's a challenge for you Kozi:

gif responses but only out of context star wars gifs :D:)
    Ally Code: 357-613-281
    swgoh.gg: https://swgoh.gg/u/lordterminus/collection/
  • Mano
    109 posts Member
    Options
    zhtd17 wrote: »
    actually a ds anakin makes no sense, he's the same jka just switch sides.
    I think the problem is in our way of thinking: 'reworking Vader won't give them a lot of money so it's ok if it never happens' so let's release a new Vader that requires money to get and keep the original one weak af.
    the truth is Darth Vader was one of the strongest and most iconic characters in the star wars universe and he deserves to be on par with the newer releases.
    I know they have to get money to keep the game rolling, but at the same time it must reflect the content of the movies, books and shows.

bottom line: make Vader the beast he was!

They can still make money by giving us access to the Reworked Version only through completion of an event that might require Padme(Legendary like R2 requiring Tuskens or Separatists) and other toons like JKA,Darth Vader,GK/Rex,Ashoka ..etc..

There are actually many ways..Its high time that Devs showed some love towards Dark Side.

It would be pretty awesome if the New Vader/EP ends as a Direct counter to All JTR teams..It would create more diversity..
  • Options
    I'd be pretty pumped if we just got a handful of reworks based around JKA, Darth Vader, and characters close to them, far more so than simply adding more new toons I can add to my gear crunch backlog while most of my existing roster gets pushed further and further towards irrelevancy due to power creep.
  • Options
    Atlas1 wrote: »
    Guys, it's obviously a CUP rework.

Still more exciting than Rose.

Imagine if it is.
  • Options
    "Raven", "Plagieus", "Palpateen", "Rouge One". I don't know whether to laugh or worry about future generations.

Anyway, if they introduce Pre-Suit Darth Vader, they need to give him something else apart from the hood. In the old Ep.III videogame, we had an alternative ending and skin for Darth Vader. Both had the classic red lightsaber.
    https://youtu.be/_-rP5iqx6T8
    Still, I'm not supporting the idea of having another Vader/Anakin.
    Mark my words, Emperor Palpatine, Vader then BHs.
  • Options
    Ability for vader. CD 9999.

Noooooooo - instantly defeat all droids in play (yours and enemy). Emperor Palpatine gets Sinister Smile buff.

Sinister Smile: Emperor Palpatine and Vader both gain +30 speed and have +25% potency, crit chance, crit damage, and health as long as both are alive. Cannot be copied or dispelled.
  • GildoMcFlay
    244 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Mano wrote: »
    Still, I'm not supporting the idea of having another Vader/Anakin.

I'm with ya man...reworks of characters already in the game and actual new characters are both more appealing to me than more versions of the same characters.
  • Options
    This thread is the equivalent of a long road trip. Kozi driving and everyone else in the backseat asking 'are we there yet?'.
    Relax people, we'll get there!
  • Options
    Are we there yet?
  • Options
    Perfxion wrote: »

That would feel so stale. I really hope we get new bounty hunters and then Solo toons

They are going to milk TLJ for a few weeks if not a few months. Then they are going to move on. Yes we need Bounty hunters, but we don't need a 5th Solo.

C'mon, I totally want a 5th Han. Carbonite Han! Taunts while any rebel is alive. Takes 0 damage while rebels are alive. Can't attack. Any rebel gets 100% protection as long as Carbonite Han is "alive". If no allies are alive, Carbonite Han instantly loses.

Tell me that's not perfect! Lol
  • Options
    Did I miss it? : No
    Is it coming? : Yes
    When? : Soon

giphy.gif

Inconceivable!
  • Options
    fascizio wrote: »
    Ugnaught wrote: »
    None of those characters had bigger roles than 3po. Its common knowledge Anthony is the only actor to have been in all the star wars movies.

That is true, but just being present doesn't mean important. 3PO is essentially a cameo in 1, 3, Rebels, R1, 7, and 8. He's pretty much entirely unimportant outside the original trilogy and the Clone Wars (show and movie).

Additionally, as an aside, 3PO and R2's cameo in R1 doesn't make sense. When we see them in the base we had just been told that Raddus was already en route to scarrif which means in order to be on the tantive (which was being repaired on the Profundity) for the start of ANH they should have already departed as well. They were indeed in the movie, keeping their streak alive, but it was just fan service that didn't really make sense.

In the original trilogy, what purpose did 3PO serve, outside of being a translator in ROTJ and in ANH just to get Lars to buy R2? comic relief, making him the OT's jar jar.

Star Wars is told from the perspective of the droids. Anthony Daniels has said it, Lucas has said it, there is a book on it, and guess what, lucasfilms did a video on it. Both the prequels and the original trilogy.
  • Options
    Palpatine zeta will either keep Vader alive or members of his team or resurrect them.
  • Options
    Apparently Revan is officially out. I'd love to get Pleguis but this is a long shot (all images of him are not Canon). Bane is canon but I would hate to see him at he is represented in CW (S6). I do not think they will give Palpatine shard away in the daily rewards so it remains a mystery to me who will be the February toon... let's wait and see.
  • Options
    So usually content updates posts are posted in the 1st or 6th 9th or even the 12th....when do you guys think the next content update will be? Maybe a hint from our dear Devs?
  • Options
    fascizio wrote: »
    Ugnaught wrote: »
    None of those characters had bigger roles than 3po. Its common knowledge Anthony is the only actor to have been in all the star wars movies.

That is true, but just being present doesn't mean important. 3PO is essentially a cameo in 1, 3, Rebels, R1, 7, and 8. He's pretty much entirely unimportant outside the original trilogy and the Clone Wars (show and movie).

Additionally, as an aside, 3PO and R2's cameo in R1 doesn't make sense. When we see them in the base we had just been told that Raddus was already en route to scarrif which means in order to be on the tantive (which was being repaired on the Profundity) for the start of ANH they should have already departed as well. They were indeed in the movie, keeping their streak alive, but it was just fan service that didn't really make sense.

In the original trilogy, what purpose did 3PO serve, outside of being a translator in ROTJ and in ANH just to get Lars to buy R2? comic relief, making him the OT's jar jar.

Star Wars is told from the perspective of the droids. Anthony Daniels has said it, Lucas has said it, there is a book on it, and guess what, lucasfilms did a video on it. Both the prequels and the original trilogy.

I guess that makes them the main characters then.
  • Options
    YoloNOT19 wrote: »
    So usually content updates posts are posted in the 1st or 6th 9th or even the 12th....when do you guys think the next content update will be? Maybe a hint from our dear Devs?

From what I've noticed, updates are about 2 weeks apart. So count that out from the last one. Counting out, I'd say 9 Feb would be a good marker. Plus or minus a few days
  • Skywalker_Vader1
    336 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Probably more Phoenix, Rose, Holdo kitten. Maybe throw some nightsister stuff in there. Let’s just see how many people they can get to quit playing this month.
    Post edited by Ambassador on
  • Lkw
    125 posts Member
    Options
    Lucasfilm story group is announcing some former legends characters are bout to get introduced to cannon wonder if we'll get these chars in game to coincide?
  • Options
    Lkw wrote: »
    Lucasfilm story group is announcing some former legends characters are bout to get introduced to cannon wonder if we'll get these chars in game to coincide?

You can bet ALL the big "legends" characters will eventually be made cannon. Money talks, especially in this game.

How fast we get them will be a different story.

They pretty much alluded to Revan in Ep8 and he was either going to make an appearance or be brought up in the Rebels TV show (or Clone Wars, I forgot which) but they nixed it last minute. So they already had plans to at least bring him. But if you bring him you bring in a ton of Old Republic characters.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Options
    Could ‘unnatural ‘ mean droids?
  • Options
    Roken_Fett wrote: »
    Lkw wrote: »

You can bet ALL the big "legends" characters will eventually be made cannon. Money talks, especially in this game.

How fast we get them will be a different story.

They pretty much alluded to Revan in Ep8 and he was either going to make an appearance or be brought up in the Rebels TV show (or Clone Wars, I forgot which) but they nixed it last minute. So they already had plans to at least bring him. But if you bring him you bring in a ton of Old Republic characters.

How was he alluded to in episode 8?
    Side question, how many characters are in the game right now?
  • Options
    Its anakin darkaide
  • Options
    Loose_Lee wrote: »
    Really I have no idea... just that the rumor train is quite ridiculous at this point.

I know there are some (plural) that are deliberately feeding misinformation... or rather "disinformation" to whip up a frenzy... to what end? Idk... but it's getting old fast.

Hence I'm back on offical forums for real info, not fake news...

So if you don't hear it here on this forum, from the devs... don't believe it.

Too bad CG devs other than Kozi post to reddit first.
  • Options
    Side question, how many characters are in the game right now?

• Options
    Rojas wrote: »
    Did I miss it? : No
    Is it coming? : Yes
    When? :Next Week

That's cool! :smile:

Please don't do that - it only creates more confusion.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Options
    Tonight tonight! Surely!
  • Options
    Or tomorrow..... Bright and early !
  • Options
    Would it come sooner if people stopped asking when it was coming, and when the devs will respond: Yes
    Absolutely not. Their time frame has always run independently of our expectations, whether encouraging or insistent.
    So I'm confused is it this week, next week, next month?

Can you please just put a date (range) in black and white for those of us easily confused.

If she could have, she would have done so instead of saying "soon". So soon is the best we'll get, and you'll be happily reading it "soon" enough.
  • Options
    Tonight tonight! Surely!

Kozi says it'll be around 11 am PST.
    Ally Code: 357-613-281
    swgoh.gg: https://swgoh.gg/u/lordterminus/collection/