Please don't rework EP too much

2Next

Replies

• Options
    Dang, I love your post. Empire ftw. Maybe they can rework Vader to be a tank so you can take out shore trooper. That would make a lot of sense.

Vader is not a Tank. He Should rival CLS. His Basic is weak. Vader should be THE most powerful Char in the game. IF not top 3. Right now, he basically is a tank. Doesn't make sense for who Vader is.
    The way Vader's kit is now he needs to be more of a tank. He is too easy to kill for how slow he is and he is too easy to kill for his leadership to be viable. Give him a taunt (something to protect EP as he did in the throne room) and a defense bonus per DoT on the enemy.
  • Options
    Dang, I love your post. Empire ftw. Maybe they can rework Vader to be a tank so you can take out shore trooper. That would make a lot of sense.

Vader is not a Tank. He Should rival CLS. His Basic is weak. Vader should be THE most powerful Char in the game. IF not top 3. Right now, he basically is a tank. Doesn't make sense for who Vader is.
    The way Vader's kit is now he needs to be more of a tank. He is too easy to kill for how slow he is and he is too easy to kill for his leadership to be viable. Give him a taunt (something to protect EP as he did in the throne room) and a defense bonus per DoT on the enemy.

Emmm... I get that you're trying to help, but don't you remember how that ended? Let me give you a hint - it involved the Emperor's death....

And Vader could be reworked into a tank - Boba was once a tank and got reworked into an attacker, so it can be done - but I don't see it. He was the always the one who showed up in the last minute to crush all remaining opposition, which in game terms probably should mean attacker.
  • Options
    @Goodgil nice. where are you from btw ?
  • Options
    Goodgil wrote: »

Emmm... I get that you're trying to help, but don't you remember how that ended? Let me give you a hint - it involved the Emperor's death....

And Vader could be reworked into a tank - Boba was once a tank and got reworked into an attacker, so it can be done - but I don't see it. He was the always the one who showed up in the last minute to crush all remaining opposition, which in game terms probably should mean attacker.

Not sure what your point is about Emperor dying, it doesn't change the role they played. Vader was constantly a wall between the Emperor and the rebels. Until the very end that was his role. Sometimes this cast him as an attacker, but often he was setting a trap. Outwitting the rebels and counterpunching them. I would love to see him cast as a powerful tank. Giving him a defense bonus per DoT on the enemy, while making force crush unavoidable and giving him a taunt would give a Vader lead team the feel of an overwhelming force. He will be difficult to kill and there would be nowhere to hide from the DoTs. To me that would be very fitting for his character.
  • Options
    Those videos were intensely satisfying. I love watching people take down the meta teams with characters everyone else has written off as "garbage".
  • Options
    His taunt should be called,
    “Then perhaps. She. Will!”

:D
  • Options
    He's great, until someone sneezes on him. Them he's out the window faster than a Windu
    #ReworkCaptialGamesPeopleSkills #StopIgnoringUsCG #CGCustomerSkillsWeakerThanAnakinsPowerAgainstTheHighGround
  • Options
    @Goodgil Love it! What is your win% on offense would you say? Does bad RnG get you sometimes?
  • Options

After having Holdo as tank, I learned anyone can be a tank lol
  • Options
    I think one zeta to make him more survivable/ or powerful and a zeta thats description is nerf all CLS in your arena shard, the only unique so powerful, its effective even when your not using the character. I mean unlimited power after all.
  • Options

After having Holdo as tank, I learned anyone can be a tank lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHH6YVHGh90

Looks pretty tanky to me. After all we know what Han Solo's damage is.
  • Izza
    85 posts Member
    Options
    @Dark_Helmet152 I like your idea of Vader being made a taunting tank who can play the attacker role as well. It fits nicely with his personality, and will add to EP's survivability. I would love to see some major synergy between Vader and EP with this rework. Those two should be THE OP duo, if anyone.
  • Options
    @Goodgil The JT Rey team you fought against in your video stealths all but JT Rey on first move which is much easier to beat when you can fracture JT Rey. Unfortunately, most JT Rey teams have GK with the most health+prot. R2 would stealth all but GK and by the time JT Rey gets out of stealth, my team would already be half dead.
    What is your battle approach against such JT Rey teams?
  • Options
    Izza wrote: »
    @Dark_Helmet152 I like your idea of Vader being made a taunting tank who can play the attacker role as well. It fits nicely with his personality, and will add to EP's survivability. I would love to see some major synergy between Vader and EP with this rework. Those two should be THE OP duo, if anyone.

I'd hate to steal to much from other duos, but I would like to see Vader get a +5% defense bonus per DoT on each enemy, with this bonus extending to EP. I'd like to see Vader have a taunt ability as well as a taunt that procs when something happens to EP. I'd like to see force crush become unavoidable.

With so much cleansing, I think we need more debuffs that can't be dispelled. Vader's ability block on basic should not be able to be dispelled since it is only for 1 turn anyway. EP's basic shocks for 3 turns, it should not be able to be dispelled for at least 1 turn.

None of this will probably happen, but I am excited to see what the devs have in mind.
  • Options
    Dryff wrote: »
    @Goodgil Love it! What is your win% on offense would you say? Does bad RnG get you sometimes?

Of course RNG gets me sometimes. I've had a fight against the Titans yesterday where Han shot 1st, stunning Thrawn, than R2 did his smokescreen, than CLS buff blocked Shore, than his Thrawn fractured my DT, and than Han used his damage special and attacked twice to killy EP.... Sure, that happens. But outside such a scenario, I'd say my winning % over Titans on offense is around 90%.
    @Merioon_Valhoun9 I usually try to avoid JT Rey teams since mistake with RNG can take me out. I did manage to beat such teams a few times, just didn't record it. Next time, I'll try.
  • Options
    Izza wrote: »

I'd hate to steal to much from other duos, but I would like to see Vader get a +5% defense bonus per DoT on each enemy, with this bonus extending to EP. I'd like to see Vader have a taunt ability as well as a taunt that procs when something happens to EP. I'd like to see force crush become unavoidable.

With so much cleansing, I think we need more debuffs that can't be dispelled. Vader's ability block on basic should not be able to be dispelled since it is only for 1 turn anyway. EP's basic shocks for 3 turns, it should not be able to be dispelled for at least 1 turn.

None of this will probably happen, but I am excited to see what the devs have in mind.

I was just talking to a couple of friends about this the other day. It'd be interesting to see Palp take less Damage with Vader and/or share his unique with Vader. I like your idea of a taunt when something happens to EP. And agreed on the dispels, I think those are the biggest thing keeping Vader at bay. Also, even if not undispellable, maybe if unresistable?
  • Options
    @Goodgil thanks for the reply :)
  • Options
    ok boy, I must say that you intrigued me and yesterday I tried to use ep leader instead of thrawn .... were months that I did not lose against titan ... well first lost battle, against titan full zeta, against jtr I won with good rng. I'm sorry but I remain of my idea that thrawn is much better, in your videos I do not see battles with full zeta team, December 15, but in my March 16 the lv is much higher, in the top 50 at least 40 players have full team gold full zeta. Against that team palp have no way to stay in top end arena team. You can use him like 5° instead of 1 tnak in offence, but you must switch out.in defence
  • Options
    LordInuy wrote: »
    ok boy, I must say that you intrigued me and yesterday I tried to use ep leader instead of thrawn .... were months that I did not lose against titan ... well first lost battle, against titan full zeta, against jtr I won with good rng. I'm sorry but I remain of my idea that thrawn is much better, in your videos I do not see battles with full zeta team, December 15, but in my March 16 the lv is much higher, in the top 50 at least 40 players have full team gold full zeta. Against that team palp have no way to stay in top end arena team. You can use him like 5° instead of 1 tnak in offence, but you must switch out.in defence

I was also intrigued and I tried this team, it worked against cls but again Rey with a full gold team I was destroyed. My november 16 shard is harder than december 15, @Goodgil did you try with with a full rey golden team?
  • LordInuy
    212 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Iolaus wrote: »
    LordInuy wrote: »

I was also intrigued and I tried this team, it worked against cls but again Rey with a full gold team I was destroyed. My november 16 shard is harder than december 15, @Goodgil did you try with with a full rey golden team?

also against cls if full gold and geared i lost bad, very bad. NOt viable, not in my shard (my ep is gold with 2 piece of g12 and over 200 speed and i play him with all team over 200 )

• Options
    I really hope for a strong rework plus a new Vader unique that has sinergy. Both of them are old meta toons and can't compete on current arena.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    OP, wasn't trying to be a **** ftr. vids are nice imo
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    If they make his shock uncleansable that would be a great start.
  • Options
    Omnixent wrote: »
    I'm about to get him for the first time so I hope he's awesome. :D

I'm the same as you, can't wait to unlock him and hope he's still awesome
  • Options

Totally agree with you, he is not a tank. That being said the game doesn't always reflect the toons power as reys staff hits harder than a lightsaber.. You will never get a fair comparison to the movie, series, comics etc. It would take the fun away from the game. There has to be balance.
  • Options
    One of the whales in my shard started running KRU... So, new video:
    https://youtu.be/uMbU1O5KNL0
  • Options
    Emperor Palpatine has been reworked so much he became horrendously overpowered, people complain he is too weak in dealing damage and too squishy, while yes he may be squishy but for goodness sake he once stunned four of my characters with his special alone, before i could even do anything my opponents sith team completely wiped out my team just because i was stunned and couldnt do anything, i genuinely hope those palpatine reworks change into something milder and not this utter insanity that makes them unbeatable.