"Challenge accepted" ? really ? pretty fail.

Replies

• TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Rebel_yell wrote: »
    Jeez. I can't believe one of these has already come out.

You must be new here.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Oh I didn't realise February was over
  • Options
    Jeez. I can't believe one of these has already come out. My thoughts after reading the commentary here

- thanks for the rework devs, I'm excited to use Vader and Palp in TB. Should reduce the difficulty of those later phases. It'll probably take me a couple of days to figure out how to maximize their abilities
    - not everything has to be arena viable to be considered a success
    - have you all used empire with Thrawn lead against a resistance team or NS team? Absolutely devastating.
    - I'm pretty sure every character in the meta (except JTRs first run), is free to play. Yes the model favors more established players, but that's the point. CLS - FTP, Thrawn - FTP, but a pain, BB8 - FTP, R2D2 - FTP, MT - PTW (but I could argue FTP as well), GK - FTP, Raid Han - FTP. All a common theme (time)
    - Come with something constructive if you're frustrated by something. All that negativity is bad for your health.

- Vader and Palp were usable in TB already. 4/4 easily in p6, for most of old-time players.
    - Reworked heroes that were hinted and they are fan favorite, and were outside meta for so long... YES. THEY SHOULD. i want to build a team of toons that i like. i sick of using GK in every team. really sick of it. i want to be able to build good teams with the toons i like. if its not gonna happen, as i said, im done with this game (although you dont care)
    - who cares. i have them. i dont want to use them. this is very simple. if you rework 2 Sith Lords that ruled the freaking galaxy, they should be able to be meta.
    - Constructive : Vader should inflict unresistable Daze on force crush (instead of "can't be countered) Vader should have his basic stronger, and have higher base speed (10+-)
    Palp should have his shock unavoidable and irresistible. no TenacityUp/Foresight should stop the Emperor. also tweaks on stats - more speed, more base prot, more base HP.
  • Options
    Jeez. I can't believe one of these has already come out. My thoughts after reading the commentary here

- thanks for the rework devs, I'm excited to use Vader and Palp in TB. Should reduce the difficulty of those later phases. It'll probably take me a couple of days to figure out how to maximize their abilities
    - have you all used empire with Thrawn lead against a resistance team or NS team? Absolutely devastating.
    - I'm pretty sure every character in the meta (except JTRs first run), is free to play. Yes the model favors more established players, but that's the point. CLS - FTP, Thrawn - FTP, but a pain, BB8 - FTP, R2D2 - FTP, MT - PTW (but I could argue FTP as well), GK - FTP, Raid Han - FTP. All a common theme (time)
    - Come with something constructive if you're frustrated by something. All that negativity is bad for your health.

Haven't tried the Thrawn lead yet. What's the team make up?
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Options

Have to agree. We need to give this time. Reworks and new characters are always tricky. Make them too good and you wipe everything else out. This one is perceived as too soft and everyone moans that its a waste of time. Example NS - Everyone said they are too good and it is unfair. Likewise CLS.

PS I can remember everyone saying JTR was rubbish when she first came out. Now those same people are saying the Sith rework is rubbish and no one can beat JTR!
  • Options

Have to agree. We need to give this time. Reworks and new characters are always tricky. Make them too good and you wipe everything else out. This one is perceived as too soft and everyone moans that its a waste of time. Example NS - Everyone said they are too good and it is unfair. Likewise CLS.

PS I can remember everyone saying JTR was rubbish when she first came out. Now those same people are saying the Sith rework is rubbish and no one can beat JTR!

Yeah, all this. NS were at first applauded, then bashed. Now they are OP (they aren't). Then, like said, JTR was bashed. Now she DOMINATES the Arena.

I put the 3 new Zetas on them (already had one on Vader) and I'm not disappointed in the least. They destroy all rebel teams and dispatch NS with ease. And I'm sure when these new Sith arrive they will battle JTR better. Right now it's tricky.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Options
    Expectation : End of february will end with META SITH dominate the arena :smiley::relaxed::relieved:

Reality : End of february - Use ur sith to unlock new character : AGENT KALLUS

And the forum burn :scream::rage:
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    OP why would they rework people to beat every team avalaible? That's dumb. Its Rock Paper Scissors.
  • Options
    You know it's possible to switch teams in the arena based on who you're fighting right OP? I find myself using 3 different teams any given day. NS, troopers or CLS lead titans. Maybe I'll throw in and empire team for good measure tomorrow!
  • Options
    So you wanted an update that pushed the power creep even further? An arena that is dominated by Vader/Palpatine instead of CLS/JTR? Trade one OP character for a new one so you can complain about that in a couple of weeks instead? Give me a break with all the whining..

I say, good job with this update! It made some of my favorites more usable, looking forward to experimenting with their new kits.
  • Options
    People don’t understand that viable and top dog have different meanings Vader is now viable in area with Palpatine and they directly counter CLS and nightsisters. Tog dog is still JTR because she doesn’t have a direct counter. Also the fact that people are complaining already is pretty sad. There is three more weeks of February and judging the month on the first week is pretty sad
  • Options
    ewqewqc wrote: »
    - who cares. i have them. i dont want to use them. this is very simple. if you rework 2 Sith Lords that ruled the freaking galaxy, they should be able to be meta.
    - Constructive : Vader should inflict unresistable Daze on force crush (instead of "can't be countered) Vader should have his basic stronger, and have higher base speed (10+-)
    Palp should have his shock unavoidable and irresistible. no TenacityUp/Foresight should stop the Emperor. also tweaks on stats - more speed, more base prot, more base HP.

This, SO HARD!!!!
  • Options
    one week into february and people is complaining already...
  • Options
    Teweedo wrote: »
    Palpatine as a lead lost a lot of his burst damages. Krennic got indirectly nerfed under Palp(L) and the 5% TM is clearly not doing much. The new buff is pretty useless.

I would take back the old Palpatine any day...

how so?
  • Options
    Roken_Fett wrote: »
    How is it a fail if in the first 7 days we got:

Vader rework
    Emperor rework
    Starck node to make him easier to farm
    IPD and ROLO shards doubled

Emperor Mythic Event
    Sith Marauder announced

This isn't even the BIG update that is happening in about 2-3 weeks.

Relax.

Did I miss something else?
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    westenger wrote: »
    How is it a fail if in the first 7 days we got:

Vader rework
    Emperor rework
    Starck node to make him easier to farm
    IPD and ROLO shards doubled

Emperor Mythic Event
    Sith Marauder announced

This isn't even the BIG update that is happening in about 2-3 weeks.

Relax.

Did I miss something else?

They are both in the update notes.
  • Options
    Shame on EA for not letting you sit in first just because you put a zeta on EP.

Lol
  • Options
    I think the rework worked as far as making the Sith a rebel killing machine. I took a G12 EP (no zeta) L, G12 Zader (no new zeta), G12 Thrawnzz, Shore & snow (Both G10), and slaughtered a Rank 50 Rebel team. No way I was able to do that before the rework as I would occasionally test other teams. I fell pretty quick and got destroyed by a JTRey team my next go at it. Add some zetas, a Marauder and more time to play with team makeup and I think Sith are now able to play "paper rock scissors" in the meta. The days of one team beats all are over!
  • Options
    Reworked heroes should be much better.
    Zader is maxed for me, all g12 equiped, Palp aswell just without the zeta on lead. and they are just underperform.
    Should get a speed stat higher and base damage higher on basics, both.
    time to admit, these reworks were absolutely fail. CG just won't allow F2P toons to be real meta, no matter how iconic they are.
    and for the record for the devs... even whales wanna use palp and vader in their team.

Underperforming? Man, speak for yourself! I mean that in jest by the way :) They've single-handedly changed the meta in my shard. As soon as I rep'd zzVader L, (Palp, zzCLS, zHan, zThrawn) matches have gotten almost trivial. It's not exactly a cakewalk (though I'm comfortably sitting low to mid 30's) but opposing arena teams fall fast. Everything's about matchups, and many matchups are in my favor. Vader-led squads straight up EAT GK Barriss now. We're talking less than a 2-minute match. The DOTs stack faster than she can heal, and everytime the DOTs are cleansed, it heals Vader and they continue to stack, adding more healing opportunity. Palp while still squishy without a zeta on his U is still a nightmare under a Vader lead. I've even taken a few Rey teams, very much to my surprise and it happened FAST. So yeah, I don't know about you, but my Vader-led squad is straight up greasy now!

Cheers!
  • Options
    i couldn't care less about QoL right now. i want Siths and empire to be viable. the fact that im forced into using Rex / R2 / GK in every team for the last 6 months make me wanna stab myself.
    i really dont understand this bias approach towards Rebels and Resistance. why can't we get 5 DS HEROES (and not freaking generics) to be effective team. this game passed the Fun part and becoming just a method to make money for EA. im so disappointed. really. say relax as much as you want, this is nto gonna change the fact that the dark side in this game are WEAK.
    Palpatine after rework so weak.... challenge failed @CG_Kozispoon . its time to pull Revan / Plaguies from the sleeve and it should have a debuff cleansing mechanics outside-turn stuff. the darkside is too weak.

No ones forced you to use Rex//GK/R2 in every team for the last six months. There were some Empire teams that were viable in any shard even before the reworks. Now, they just got stronger
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Options
    i really hope this isn't it. we need a legendary Sith. Resistance have 1 Legend 1 hero, rebel have 1 legend 1 hero... Siths have nothing. absolutely nothing.
    Why do people keep forgetting that Emperor Palpatine is a legendary Sith?
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • Options
    So you don't like the new Sith raid? @ewqewqc
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Options
    Pyrefly wrote: »
    i really hope this isn't it. we need a legendary Sith. Resistance have 1 Legend 1 hero, rebel have 1 legend 1 hero... Siths have nothing. absolutely nothing.
    Why do people keep forgetting that Emperor Palpatine is a legendary Sith?

emperor-palpatine-approves-quick-meme-com-19928746.png
  • Options
    And then Han one shots him
  • Options
    OP now has egg on their face.
  • Options
    The Sith Raid will most likely reward Darth Malgus or some legendary sith like you want.
  • Options

Haven't tried the Thrawn lead yet. What's the team make up?

Thrawn (zL), Tarkin, TFP, Shore, and Snowtrooper. The first time I attacked this squad (with a Poe at 245 speed) I got blown out of the water after just 2 attacks. Can it be countered? yes, but if your opponent relies on debuffs (r2d2, resistance, etc) they're unstoppable.
  • Options
    It's like CG just waits for the wambulance posts to throw down more information. Now a Sith Raid is coming, which means even more stuff. Along with, QoL updates being announced. AND the Game Changers haven't even gone to EA yet for the "big" announcement yet.

Well played Kozi, you keep on truckin'
This discussion has been closed.