13 posts Member
edited January 2018
When a
7 star, Gear 10, zVeers
7 star, gear 11 death trooper
7 star, gear 10 snow trooper
6 star, gear 10 shore trooper
6 star, gear 7 Stark

Can't beat a phase 3 special mission, then it needs balanced.

Especially considering how attainable the comparable ROLO mission is.

It's not fun to work on all your imperial troopers and not be rewarded. Please fix.

Replies

• ewokarmageddon
    9 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    12 Veers, 12 Shoretrooper, 12 death Trooper, 11 snowtrooper, 9 (5*) Starck.

Second time in a row that CLS ate through me. Fist time killed CLS to have him Rez and kill me. Second time killed Han and CLS are through me. One shot killed Snowtrooper off the bat. Followed by one shot kill Veers. I know Troopers are way underpowered, but this is now just kitten.
    Post edited by Ambassador on
  • Options
    Apparently they may have made it harder this time from what I’m reading and what my guildies are commenting...
  • Options
    NaFakCha wrote: »
    Apparently they may have made it harder this time from what I’m reading and what my guildies are commenting...
    We are at 110 mill GP and only had 1 guy manage to win last time. Sounds like they may have got lucky the time before. I agree though, it is overtuned.
  • Options
    Shrug, it's easier this time, all a matter of perspective , mods and rng
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    The "kill Han, Deathmark CLS" strategy isn't working?
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • TuncBlack
    409 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I used
    Veers G8 (FULL OMEGA) (arena speed mods)
    STARCK G7(full omega)(arenaspeed mods)
    Shore trooper G11 (full omega)(protection)
    Stormtrooper G11 (full omega) (protection)
    Deathtrooper G11 (full zeta+omega) (offence speed mix arena mod)

I didn't lost anyone. Only starck is nearly dead.

I dont recommend snow trooper. each aoe will hit your tank back.

Focus on one enemy and then use death mark

Use both tanks so you can keep your entire team alive.

At cls stage. You need focus on chs without throwing aoe. After chs done. Next target should be cls.
    Before putting the death mark. You should check veers tm and cls tm and compare them.
    If veers will be the next attacker. Use his all in one attack. And you win. Otherwise cls will swap mode and clean your deathmark.

Good luck
  • Options
    G10 Veers, G10 snow, G11 DT, G10 shore, 6* G9 starck. Only Veers zeta. Managed to get through it will all of them alive and full protection.

Snowtrooper isn't a liability as long as your shore has enough survivability.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    well, it's certainly harder than the rolo mission, that's for sure.
    Last TB my guild got 2 shards, hopefully a bit more this time around. We'll see. Personally i haven't struggled. zVeers with g11 troopers. benched storm for this mission. Not much strategy involved, kill a non-elite first in the first wave to get things going. Kill from left to right in the 2nd wave. DT is the man.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    well, it's certainly harder than the rolo mission, that's for sure.
    Last TB my guild got 2 shards, hopefully a bit more this time around. We'll see. Personally i haven't struggled. zVeers with g11 troopers. benched storm for this mission. Not much strategy involved, kill a non-elite first in the first wave to get things going. Kill from left to right in the 2nd wave. DT is the man.

And here y'all go, the secret is revealed ;) and yes it's really that simple folks .
  • Options
    I’d really like to be able to retry with the same team if you fail to clear.
  • Options
    OP i think the fault lies with you and your attack order

THe's ipd mission isnt that tough, I mean it is tough, but If you attack properly and think about what you're doing it's beatable. I don't have any imperial troopers at G12 and j beat it

Team
    Zeers G11
    Starck G7
    Snowtrooper G10
    Deathtrooperr G9
    Shoretrooper G10

not arena mods
  • Options
    12 Veers, 12 Shoretrooper, 12 death Trooper, 11 snowtrooper, 9 (5*) Starck.

Second time in a row that CLS ate through me. Fist time killed CLS to have him Rez and kill me. Second time killed Han and CLS are through me. One shot killed Snowtrooper off the bat. Followed by one shot kill Veers. I know Troopers are way underpowered, but this is now just kitten.

Honestly with your toons at those gear levels and assuming veers has a zeta...you shouldn't be losing - it is harder than ROLO and it's not easy, but I think if you maybe looked up some videos or possibly reviewed your mods or how you setup going in to the CLS portion of it you'll be fine - ... I run a G12 DT, G12 Shore G10 Starck, G11 Veers and a G12 Snow and it's a cakewalk everytime. Just don't use AOE on CLS / Han / Leia - kill Han first then go in on CLS. I don't think I used any AOEs on that part of the mission. If CLS is one-shotting a G11 Snowtrooper you need to look at your mods and consider adding more protection.
  • Options
    My guild said Veers has to have a zeta and don't use aoe. It's hard but doable. Some had g9 toons and completed it. I can't give my personal experience because I couldn't attempt it. Starck hasn't been showing up well for me in the store. I don't have him 5* yet because of his bad drop rate.
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Options
    You know that you don’t have to AoE and trigger counter attacks?

My troopers are in good shape (Veers g12, Snow, Shore, Storm and Starck g11), but still, in phase 1 I do AoE, but not in phase 2.

Pick off Han > Leia > Luke.
  • Options
    zVeers G11 speed 183, Starck 6* G10, speed 212, Deathtrooper 6* G11, speed 180, Stormtrooper G10, speed 136 and Snowtrooper G10, speed 150. Cleared it with everyone remaining. It was all about spreading debuffs, AKA Daze.
  • Options
    Anyone else still having trouble with this?
  • Options
    RameusYYC wrote: »
    Anyone else still having trouble with this?
    Nope. I have since geared my troopers to 10 and 11 and zetad veers. Was super easy.
  • Options
    How is it that CLS can one shot my g11 zVeers?
    Let me think... your zeers is too squishy. The missions is really easy with g10+. If you can't complete it with that, your strategy is wrong.
  • Options
    DmanofGod1 wrote: »
    When a
    7 star, Gear 10, zVeers
    6 star, gear 7 Stark

It's not fun to work on all your imperial troopers and not be rewarded. Please fix.
    DmanofGod1 wrote: »
    When a
    7 star, Gear 10, zVeers
    6 star, gear 7 Stark

• Obiwanbinks
    6 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    11 zveers, 12 starck, 12 snow, 10 storm, 10 death
    All 7 star. Got to 4 v1 on cls and he beat all my guys. Didnt use aoe, fought it left to right as described, but couldnt do anything to him.
    This is my arena team with my best mods. All have 50,000 or more health + protection, starck has 70,000 health + protection. You’d think it would be easy. This same team but add in palpatine got 7 star r2d2 like 3 months ago much worse geared and lower level, but cant get a measly probe droid shard.
  • Options
    I wait to attack Luke until he has Call to Action. Then I use Veers aoe and watch him get slaughtered.
  • Options
    This mission wrecked me last time DS TB came around. Since then I invested in my Veers (zeta) and Starck (not 7*) and took care of it with little issue. Lost my SnowTrooper who is under-geared but still no real issues. Having both the AT-AT and ship specials available helps a lot. My Shore and DT are in my arena squad so heavily invested there but this is difficult but doable if you make the investment.
  • Options
    phatphil3 wrote: »
    I wait to attack Luke until he has Call to Action. Then I use Veers aoe and watch him get slaughtered.

this only works if they don't gain foresight. RNG dependent based on the turn meter saved up from phase 1 and whether or not they gain foresight. same applies to the death mark strategy. If CLS has foresight and it's DTs turn, you're going to get slaughtered.
  • Options
    It's a waiting game, I was constantly battling through the foresight, DT attacks twice which is perfect because first one takes away foresight and second one applies daze.
  • Options
    Rebel_yell wrote: »
    phatphil3 wrote: »

this only works if they don't gain foresight. RNG dependent based on the turn meter saved up from phase 1 and whether or not they gain foresight. same applies to the death mark strategy. If CLS has foresight and it's DTs turn, you're going to get slaughtered.
    Not necessarily. DT will double tap, the first removing foresight and the second sticking a daze. A lot has to go wrong RNG wise for a strong trooper team to lose if they follow the "right to left" kill order. I had beaten it even before any of them were g12. Is it possible to lose? Sure. But not likely if your team is 7* g10-g12 and modded well (not even "arena mods" - just solid mods).

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Obiwanbinks
    6 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I thought it would be impossible to lose 4v1 with my team but nope, he beat them all. I really hope all of you with your undergeared troopers get wrecked next time by bad rng so you stop pretending this mission is even remotely fair
  • Options
    I thought it would be impossible to lose 4v1 with my team but nope, he beat them all. I really hope all of you with your undergeared troopers get wrecked next time by bad rng so you stop pretending this mission is even remotely fair

You should have blasted him with Veers AOE, which calls all troopers to assist. Put AB on him when he has Call to Action so he cannot heal up and/or switch back to counter attack mode. Aside from that ... more gear. They are not just giving away the IPD.
  • Options
    Veers aoe needs to be ready by the time you hit Phase 2. And you need to save it till Luke has Call to Action. Once he does, do what troopers do best, "Blast him."